Since: Mar 09

Tacoma, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 16, 2013

Seriously, cockroaches, no matter what name you give them are disgusting. How do you guys live with them down there?

“I Am Mine”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 17, 2013

Mimi Seattle wrote:
Seriously, cockroaches, no matter what name you give them are disgusting. How do you guys live with them down there?
bug spray

“reign in blood”

Since: May 09

Braidwood, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 17, 2013

“reign in blood”

Since: May 09

Braidwood, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 17, 2013

Judged:

Mister Tonka wrote:
He's probably laid up in the hospital right now after getting in an accident cause he has no clue how to proceed at a 4 way stop sign.
I think he's in prison for showering with his six year old.

“...,to wit”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 17, 2013

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 17, 2013

Mimi Seattle wrote:
We live in S.Florida and have almost zero problems with pests, too many good bug sprays available...get the big gallon size with the handle sprayer, Menards, Lowes, Home Depot.....also "Terro" Liquid ant baits are peril to any indoor ants....it's not hard at all.....One thing, this far south is, you keep your home closed with central AC on 5-6 months, every year....
Stina

Saint Petersburg, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 17, 2013

squishymama wrote:
<quoted text>
And they fly too.
And they're REALLY bog! And they crunch f you stomp them!
Stina

Saint Petersburg, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 17, 2013

Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text> We live in S.Florida and have almost zero problems with pests, too many good bug sprays available...get the big gallon size with the handle sprayer, Menards, Lowes, Home Depot.....also "Terro" Liquid ant baits are peril to any indoor ants....it's not hard at all.....One thing, this far south is, you keep your home closed with central AC on 5-6 months, every year....
I live in a rental home, so my landlord (thankfully) pays for an exterminator! It wasn't originally in the lease, but once I saw a couple of palmettos, they offered and it REALLY makes a difference! And the bug guy gives me industrial strength baits to put in cabinets and drawers, too.

“The two baby belly, please!”

Since: Sep 09

Evanston IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 17, 2013

Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text> Just for the record, the CAN fly, but in my encounters over the last 30 years or so, they rarely do. Of course when they do you run for the hills like its raining bullets.
This made me laugh.

When I lived in Alabama, my BF lived for awhile with her boyfriend in a really old house that had been split into 4 apartments. They were on the first floor and at the time the upstairs neighbors had a dog that they left alone for a few days with a big bag of dog food. Of course the dog knocked the bag over and spread the food all over and that drew the horde of cockroaches that literally started falling from the ceiling on us as we tried to watch TV one night.

That did not make me laugh.

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 17, 2013

And the dog was peeing and pooping in the place, too.

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 17, 2013

LOL,
Well, you can't shine a sneaker.
Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text>He's probably laid up in the hospital right now after getting in an accident cause he has no clue how to proceed at a 4 way stop sign.
Stina

Saint Petersburg, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 17, 2013

squishymama wrote:
<quoted text>
This made me laugh.
When I lived in Alabama, my BF lived for awhile with her boyfriend in a really old house that had been split into 4 apartments. They were on the first floor and at the time the upstairs neighbors had a dog that they left alone for a few days with a big bag of dog food. Of course the dog knocked the bag over and spread the food all over and that drew the horde of cockroaches that literally started falling from the ceiling on us as we tried to watch TV one night.
That did not make me laugh.
EEEEEEEEEEEWWWWWWWWWWWWWW! I hope she said something to the neighbor when tey got back!

“The two baby belly, please!”

Since: Sep 09

Evanston IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 17, 2013

RedheadwGlasses wrote:
And the dog was peeing and pooping in the place, too.
Yeah, the place was disgusting.

But it was nothing compared to the basement. The amount of cockroaches down there was something out of a horror movie.

<shudder>

“What's it to ya?”

Tacoma, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 17, 2013

Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text>bug spray
I don't do bug spray. I hate the idea of filling the air in my house with poison. Of course I don't have to deal with cockroaches/palmetto bugs/waterbugs/whatever so there's that. I do have a spider issue though. They come out (and IN) as soon as the weather warms up. I read that spraying WD-40 around the windows and doors outside keep them sour so I tried that. Probably poison too...petroleum product and all, but at least it's OUTside, not inside. So far, so good.:D

“What's it to ya?”

Tacoma, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 17, 2013

*keeps them out* sheesh...

need...more...coffee

Toj

“Equality”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 17, 2013

Judged:

Mimi Seattle wrote:
*keeps them out* sheesh...
need...more...coffee
I kind of liked the tidbit of them being sour.
Stina

Saint Petersburg, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 17, 2013

Judged:

Toj wrote:
<quoted text>
I kind of liked the tidbit of them being sour.
I thought she meant it kept the windows and doors sour for the bugs. I never tasted WD40, so it made perfect sense to me!

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 17, 2013

I've been in country's in Asia, where fried bugs are a staple and considered scrumptious.....

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 17, 2013

Thats why they are called "Developing" countries.
Go Blue Forever wrote:
I've been in country's in Asia, where fried bugs are a staple and considered scrumptious.....

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

109 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 5 min j rocker 1,082,886
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 8 min wojar 175,037
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 11 min Progressive 45,861
last post wins! (Apr '13) 32 min boundary painter 300
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 42 min boundary painter 4,564
Word (Dec '08) 43 min boundary painter 4,588
Abby 7-29 1 hr j_m_w 16
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••