|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 16, 2013

Stina wrote:
<quoted text>
Last week my daughter found a dying palmetto bug in her bathroom on its back squirming. Gross! But if it was dying, I know the exterminator's stuff was at least working SOME! Sure enough, next day the bug guy calls to tell me it's time to be sprayed. That happens every time he is due to come without fail! One of those nasty things "breaks through" and the bug guy calls to tell me it's time!!!
I get shivers just THINKING about palmetto bugs. ICK!
You do know, you could do that easily by yourself....besides, palmetto bugs are from outside, they just stumble in occasionally....Pest Control has huge profit margins.....just saying....Thanks for the Disney info...love eating in Germany or Italy at Epcot.....

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 16, 2013

Maybe because it's in the shape of a pentagram?
edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
Use ant spray around their points of entry. And use chalk around the food bowls. The sidewalk chalk the kids use. Ants won't cross a line of chalk for some reason.

Neda, stay with me!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 16, 2013

Will gold bond suffice?
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
I found a GREAT site. Talcum powder is lethal to them, so I can put that in my vacuum then vacuum 'em up to kill them (not my solution, just a temporary clean up thing). I also can put my cat food bowls onto a platter/plate covered with talcum to keep the ants out of that.

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 16, 2013

RACE wrote:
Will gold bond suffice?
<quoted text>
So long as it really does have talc in it. Not all powders do.

“What's it to ya?”

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 16, 2013

Stina wrote:
<quoted text>
Last week my daughter found a dying palmetto bug
That's another name for a cockroach right>

“The two baby belly, please!”

Since: Sep 09

Evanston IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 16, 2013

Mimi Seattle wrote:
<quoted text>
That's another name for a cockroach right>
And they fly too.

“...,to wit”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 16, 2013

RedheadwGlasses wrote:
I found a GREAT site. Talcum powder is lethal to them, so I can put that in my vacuum then vacuum 'em up to kill them (not my solution, just a temporary clean up thing). I also can put my cat food bowls onto a platter/plate covered with talcum to keep the ants out of that.
Talc is finely ground silica dioxide, the stuff can cause respiratory problems in people who work wth it, like silicosis if it is the wrong size. I would be worried about the cats breathing the stuff but its a trade off between the pesticides or the respiratory exposure. Yuck either way. Good to know about the talc to put it is places the cats won't go- just not under their food bowl.
I miss Cycle- he is the chemical engineer.

Neda, stay with me!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 16, 2013

not after you sgulich them.
squishymama wrote:
<quoted text>
And they fly too.

Neda, stay with me!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 16, 2013

No, he's a whinny liberal who wants to level the playing field and give welfare mothers cell phones. Further he wants... Oh I dunno, he lives in fantasyville. But he is a good poster.
PEllen wrote:
<quoted text>Talc is finely ground silica dioxide, the stuff can cause respiratory problems in people who work wth it, like silicosis if it is the wrong size. I would be worried about the cats breathing the stuff but its a trade off between the pesticides or the respiratory exposure. Yuck either way. Good to know about the talc to put it is places the cats won't go- just not under their food bowl.
I miss Cycle- he is the chemical engineer.

“I Am Mine”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 16, 2013

squishymama wrote:
<quoted text>
And they fly too.
Just for the record, the CAN fly, but in my encounters over the last 30 years or so, they rarely do. Of course when they do you run for the hills like its raining bullets.

“I Am Mine”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 16, 2013

RACE wrote:
No, he's a whinny liberal who wants to level the playing field and give welfare mothers cell phones. Further he wants... Oh I dunno, he lives in fantasyville. But he is a good poster.
<quoted text>
He's probably laid up in the hospital right now after getting in an accident cause he has no clue how to proceed at a 4 way stop sign.

“...,to wit”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 16, 2013

Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text>He's probably laid up in the hospital right now after getting in an accident cause he has no clue how to proceed at a 4 way stop sign.
That is sick ... and funny

“What's it to ya?”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 16, 2013

squishymama wrote:
<quoted text>
And they fly too.
Ewww ick ick ick!

“What's it to ya?”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 16, 2013

Seriously, cockroaches, no matter what name you give them are disgusting. How do you guys live with them down there?

“I Am Mine”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 17, 2013

Mimi Seattle wrote:
Seriously, cockroaches, no matter what name you give them are disgusting. How do you guys live with them down there?
bug spray

“reign in blood”

Since: May 09

Wilmington, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 17, 2013

“reign in blood”

Since: May 09

Wilmington, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 17, 2013

Judged:

Mister Tonka wrote:
He's probably laid up in the hospital right now after getting in an accident cause he has no clue how to proceed at a 4 way stop sign.
I think he's in prison for showering with his six year old.

“...,to wit”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 17, 2013

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 17, 2013

Mimi Seattle wrote:
We live in S.Florida and have almost zero problems with pests, too many good bug sprays available...get the big gallon size with the handle sprayer, Menards, Lowes, Home Depot.....also "Terro" Liquid ant baits are peril to any indoor ants....it's not hard at all.....One thing, this far south is, you keep your home closed with central AC on 5-6 months, every year....
Stina

Saint Petersburg, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 17, 2013

squishymama wrote:
<quoted text>
And they fly too.
And they're REALLY bog! And they crunch f you stomp them!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Chicago News, Events & Info