Topix Chitown Regulars

“What's it to ya?”

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#85771 May 17, 2013
Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text>bug spray
I don't do bug spray. I hate the idea of filling the air in my house with poison. Of course I don't have to deal with cockroaches/palmetto bugs/waterbugs/whatever so there's that. I do have a spider issue though. They come out (and IN) as soon as the weather warms up. I read that spraying WD-40 around the windows and doors outside keep them sour so I tried that. Probably poison too...petroleum product and all, but at least it's OUTside, not inside. So far, so good.:D

“What's it to ya?”

Location hidden

#85772 May 17, 2013
*keeps them out* sheesh...

need...more...coffee

Toj

“Where is Everyone?”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#85773 May 17, 2013
Mimi Seattle wrote:
*keeps them out* sheesh...
need...more...coffee
I kind of liked the tidbit of them being sour.
Stina

Saint Petersburg, FL

#85774 May 17, 2013
Toj wrote:
<quoted text>
I kind of liked the tidbit of them being sour.
I thought she meant it kept the windows and doors sour for the bugs. I never tasted WD40, so it made perfect sense to me!

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#85775 May 17, 2013
I've been in country's in Asia, where fried bugs are a staple and considered scrumptious.....

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me! Charlie

#85776 May 17, 2013
Thats why they are called "Developing" countries.
Go Blue Forever wrote:
I've been in country's in Asia, where fried bugs are a staple and considered scrumptious.....

“What's it to ya?”

Location hidden

#85777 May 17, 2013
Go Blue Forever wrote:
Me too, but I wold never, ever, even on a dare or if I was starving, eat them. Just...freaking...gross.

“...,to wit”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#85778 May 17, 2013
Mimi Seattle wrote:
<quoted text>
Me too, but I wold never, ever, even on a dare or if I was starving, eat them. Just...freaking...gross.
Soft shelled crabs? Mmmm...

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me! Charlie

#85779 May 17, 2013

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#85780 May 17, 2013
Mimi Seattle wrote:
<quoted text>
I've passed on most of the really wierd stuff....Balut, an embryo within a aged egg....supposedly, an aphrodesiac served with Beer in the Phillipines.....Cobra blood & Whiskey, they actually kill the cobra in front of you, i did that one in Thailand, and maybe Cambodia.....Ate at, what i thought was a french Burger King, in Paris...only to find out latter, it was horsemeat....i love travel.....lol....

“What's it to ya?”

Location hidden

#85781 May 17, 2013
Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text>I've passed on most of the really wierd stuff....Balut, an embryo within a aged egg....supposedly, an aphrodesiac served with Beer in the Phillipines.....Cobra blood & Whiskey, they actually kill the cobra in front of you, i did that one in Thailand, and maybe Cambodia.....Ate at, what i thought was a french Burger King, in Paris...only to find out latter, it was horsemeat....i love travel.....lol....
Yeah, I am very careful what I eat when traveling. Most Asian food (in Asia) scares me. I tend to be a vegetarian when I travel. <shrug>

“I Am Mine”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#85782 May 17, 2013
Das Right! You bitches need to just be thankful!

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/05/15/pat-...

United States

#85784 May 17, 2013
Hi... Happy Friday night!

“...,to wit”

Location hidden

#85785 May 18, 2013
http://www.topix.com/forum/chicago/T2MO7L247O...

Amy

Wake up you bright little chickadees, its Saturday!!

“...,to wit”

Location hidden

#85786 May 18, 2013
PEllen wrote:
http://www.topix.com/forum/chi cago/T2MO7L247OIRREF3K#lastPos t
Amy
Wake up you bright little chickadees, its Saturday!!
http://www.topix.com/forum/chicago/TILQL73EHA...

Abby.

What? There aren't 5 posts already?
Rise and shine, kiddo's

Saturday farmers markets are open, early birds get the good stuff.

“I Am Mine”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#85787 May 18, 2013
PEllen wrote:
Saturday farmers markets are open, early birds get the good stuff.
none of it is better than the extra sleep i get for skipping that nonsense

“reign in blood”

Since: May 09

Wilmington, IL

#85788 May 18, 2013
PEllen wrote:
What? There aren't 5 posts already?
Rise and shine, kiddo's
I've got no reason to get up early on a Saturday anymore.

Forbes came out with the top five cities that have the highest unemployment (my own included.)

Know what they all have in common? They're all run by Democrats. Anyone surprised?

“Not a real reg”

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#85789 May 18, 2013
edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
I've got no reason to get up early on a Saturday anymore.
Forbes came out with the top five cities that have the highest unemployment (my own included.)
Know what they all have in common? They're all run by Democrats. Anyone surprised?
I'm not surprised that you would make stuff up. The top ten with highest unemployment are mostly in CA, one in NJ and one in Az. Not one in Illinois. Did you move from lovely downtown Braidwood?

“reign in blood”

Wilmington, IL

#85792 May 18, 2013
dahgts wrote:
I'm not surprised that you would make stuff up. The top ten with highest unemployment are mostly in CA, one in NJ and one in Az. Not one in Illinois. Did you move from lovely downtown Braidwood?
Man, I've tried twice and the post keeps getting deleted. But anyway, I'm not making shti up. Apparently I can't post the link but it's from a yahoo article.

Top five are:

No. 1 Los Angeles-Long Beach-Santa Ana, Calif.
Initial claimants: 27,042

No. 2 New York-Northern New Jersey-Long Island, N.Y.-N.J.-Pa.
Initial claimants: 8,693

No. 3 Riverside-San Bernardino-Ontario, Calif.
Initial claimants: 6,562

No. 4 Chicago-Joliet-Naperville, Ill.
Initial claimants: 5,513

No. 5 San Francisco-Oakland-Fremont, Calif.
Initial claimants: 3,011

And I don't live in Braidwood!

“reign in blood”

Wilmington, IL

#85793 May 18, 2013
And I feel terrible. I was at my mother's helping out with some yard work. I saw something moving under the ground. So I thought it was a mole. So I stomped on it. Turned out to be a nest of bunnies. Five were killed but at least four or five others got away unharmed. My mother was quite upset. So I took her to see Star Trek. In 3D! Wasn't as great as I had hoped but it was okay.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 8 min THE DEVIL 1,250,332
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 12 min Smarter Than A 5t... 53,908
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 32 min Dr Guru 191,908
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 4 hr TRD 70,132
aggy-6-30-15 6 hr mrs gladys kravitz 9
News Should we really be OK with the surgical remova... 6 hr An NFL Fan 71
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 7 hr Doug77 6,136
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages