Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 15, 2013

j_m_w wrote:
<quoted text>
Your dentist is awesome.
And thanks for the compliment! We should have gotten gay married!
You can't gay marry Angela because *I* am going to gay marry her when I go to MN.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 15, 2013

Stina wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactly!!! Especially when they have those great deals. They had one at Disney - 4 days for $129.$32.25 a day instead of the normal $89. They son't want us sharing THAT deal with our friends!
Did you ever get any deals through your work, here in Florida? 4 days at all their parks for $129 is really great....

“This is SPARTA!”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 15, 2013

WhoIs_JohnGalt wrote:
<quoted text>
(I know, it's been a long time since i've posted here, but now you have my curiosity)
My wife and i have decided to take our 4 kids (ages 4-8) to Disney in October. Do the math - with 4 kids and two adults, we are going to have to mortgage the house to go (j/k).
(Where did you see that deal - or is it one of those things for residents of Florida?)(
Yes. Fla resident only. Valid only til July I believe

“...,to wit”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 15, 2013

The only thing people in IL get a deal on is a volume discount for governors in (ahem) public housing.

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 15, 2013

This is f* ridiculous!

http://www.wsvn.com/news/articles/odd/2101063...

How can one person pushing in quarters cause more stress than the damn owner of the car doing the same thing?

Toj

“Equality”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 15, 2013

RACE wrote:
This is f* ridiculous!
How can one person pushing in quarters cause more stress than the damn owner of the car doing the same thing?
The attendants probably have a quota of tickets they have to write -- that's where the stress comes from!!

Yes, ridiculous. NH is probably upset about lost revenue.

“...,to wit”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 15, 2013

RACE wrote:
This is f* ridiculous!
It is intentional interference with a financia expectation. You cit expects to get parking ticket money and teh meter maid ( or whatever) is stressed because she won't make her quota.

Sounds good to me (brakkkk6997)

Toj

“Equality”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 15, 2013

PEllen wrote:
<quoted text>It is intentional interference with a financia expectation. You cit expects to get parking ticket money and teh meter maid ( or whatever) is stressed because she won't make her quota.
Great minds and all that.

Heh. Or maybe living in Chicago makes you see those things quickly.

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 15, 2013

RACE wrote:
This is f* ridiculous!
Minneapolis hs new parking meters that are digital and have sensors, so when the car pulls away and leaves 20 minutse on the meter, it wipes the meter clean and the next person has to start over.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 15, 2013

Judged:

Here's a parking snafu:

My friends lived on a residential street, parking was allowed on the northbound side, but not on the southbound side. Signs were posted about this. One day, people come home from work/class and see that their cars all have tickets.

Turns out, the city changed the rules as to which side of the street to park on, changed the signs that day, ticketed every car. My friend S took his ticket to city hall to protest it. The clerk said "Well didn't you read the signs?" S: "I read those signs five years ago when I moved into the house. Why would I re-read them? Why would anyone think they had changed?"

Then S: "Why didn't you put notices on our cars so we'd know to park on the other side of the street?"

Clerk: that's a lot of work to do that!

S: How is that any more time consuming than ticketing every car on the street?

“What's it to ya?”

Since: Mar 09

Tacoma, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 15, 2013

RedheadwGlasses wrote:
Here's a parking snafu:
My friends lived on a residential street, parking was allowed on the northbound side, but not on the southbound side. Signs were posted about this. One day, people come home from work/class and see that their cars all have tickets.
Turns out, the city changed the rules as to which side of the street to park on, changed the signs that day, ticketed every car. My friend S took his ticket to city hall to protest it. The clerk said "Well didn't you read the signs?" S: "I read those signs five years ago when I moved into the house. Why would I re-read them? Why would anyone think they had changed?"
Then S: "Why didn't you put notices on our cars so we'd know to park on the other side of the street?"
Clerk: that's a lot of work to do that!
S: How is that any more time consuming than ticketing every car on the street?
Where I park for my classes is all metered parking. I think there's like a 25 min max on the meters. Unless you have one of those cool handy dandy blue hanggy things, then you can park all day for free...and get dirty looks from people when you go back to you car at the end of six hours. <shrug>

I took my sister to court a couple weeks ago. There's street parking IF you can find a spot. I said screw it and parked in the lot. I didn't know it was a city lot so I was stressing because by the time we got done it was going to cost me like $10.00. Soooo I was all prepared to pay when the attendant told me it was free with the handy dandy blue hanggy thing. Score.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 15, 2013

Mimi Seattle wrote:
<quoted text>
Where I park for my classes is all metered parking. I think there's like a 25 min max on the meters. Unless you have one of those cool handy dandy blue hanggy things, then you can park all day for free...and get dirty looks from people when you go back to you car at the end of six hours. <shrug>
I took my sister to court a couple weeks ago. There's street parking IF you can find a spot. I said screw it and parked in the lot. I didn't know it was a city lot so I was stressing because by the time we got done it was going to cost me like $10.00. Soooo I was all prepared to pay when the attendant told me it was free with the handy dandy blue hanggy thing. Score.
You mean the handicapped thing?

Neda, stay with me!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 15, 2013

Thats stupid. What if they had simply notified each person who parked that the meter was ready to expire? There is no difference.

Thats like those stupid red light cameras. The city counsel all touts them as a safety measure, gets people to obey the red lights. 6 months later you read how the counsel is upset because the cameras are not generating the revenue promised, and blames the camera folk for not hiding the cameras better. Of course that goes totally against their argument that the cameras will make peeps more mindful, because thats exactly what it did, So the fact that peeps were obeying the law was not a bad thing because they were not breaking the law and running the light.
PEllen wrote:
<quoted text>It is intentional interference with a financia expectation. You cit expects to get parking ticket money and teh meter maid ( or whatever) is stressed because she won't make her quota.

Neda, stay with me!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 15, 2013

now a bad thing
not not a bad thing

“It made sense at the time....”

Since: May 09

Des Plaines, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 15, 2013

re red light cameras as money makers- theres one town by me that has it all about the benjamins and isn;t even playing the "its all about safety" PR game... theres one camera in town, and the most accident-prone intersection doesn;t. it's still hte most accident prone intersection according to the recent annyual analysis. i don't think the intersetion w/ the camera is even top 5 pre OR post camera installation...<sigh>

“What's it to ya?”

Since: Mar 09

Tacoma, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 15, 2013

RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>
You mean the handicapped thing?
Yeah. Don't have to pump my own gas either. I *do* but I *could* make the gas station do it.

“suffers from formicophilia ”

Since: May 09

Braidwood, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 16, 2013

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 16, 2013

Mimi Seattle wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah. Don't have to pump my own gas either. I *do* but I *could* make the gas station do it.
I believe there are still several states, where you aren't allowed to pump your own gas.....

“Checks and Balances”

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 16, 2013

Judged:

Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text>I believe there are still several states, where you aren't allowed to pump your own gas.....
Just NJ and Oregon

Neda, stay with me!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 16, 2013

Judged:

Yeah, apparently theirs something in the water that dumbs them down to the point where their a danger to themselves and everyone else if they try. I hear that they actually have to hire gas station attendants from out of state, because they are unaffected by the "Stupidity germ" lurking in the local water.
ScarletandOlive wrote:
<quoted text>
Just NJ and Oregon

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 84,521 - 84,540 of96,123
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]