Stina

Saint Petersburg, FL

#85665 May 15, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>
Ooohhh of course. Otherwise you could buy a 3day ticket and let me use it for a day.
Exactly!!! Especially when they have those great deals. They had one at Disney - 4 days for $129.$32.25 a day instead of the normal $89. They son't want us sharing THAT deal with our friends!
Stina

Saint Petersburg, FL

#85666 May 15, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>
Heh I'd be more up for that with certain coworkers, but not the two who've asked me to join them on their walks. ;)
They never let me go for walks here.:( Well, unless I am walking to the bathroom, or to accounting, or to get a glass of water... You guys live the high life!!!

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me!

#85667 May 15, 2013
Thats because they are afraid you will get lost...
(I owe you a couple.:))
Stina wrote:
<quoted text>
They never let me go for walks here.:( Well, unless I am walking to the bathroom, or to accounting, or to get a glass of water... You guys live the high life!!!

Since: Mar 09

Miami, FL

#85668 May 15, 2013
Great. Now I feel like a walk and I already came in late today and took a long lunch, so no dice.

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#85669 May 15, 2013
Oh, for those who are friends with Jmw on facebook, she's even prettier in person!

So I had a dentist appt. yesterday. Dentist found a tiny, new cavity ON A FRONT TOOTH. Yikes. But he had a spare half hour and was able to fix it immediately.(I can't even tell where he did his work.)

I asked him, "I was going to have cocktails at 4 to celebrate the record-breaking heat outside, do I need to wait a certain amount of time?" He said to have one as soon as i walked in the door if I wanted.
Stina

Saint Petersburg, FL

#85670 May 15, 2013
RACE wrote:
Thats because they are afraid you will get lost...
(I owe you a couple.:))
<quoted text>
OUCH!!!!!!!!!!

Miami, FL

#85671 May 15, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
Oh, for those who are friends with Jmw on facebook, she's even prettier in person!
So I had a dentist appt. yesterday. Dentist found a tiny, new cavity ON A FRONT TOOTH. Yikes. But he had a spare half hour and was able to fix it immediately.(I can't even tell where he did his work.)
I asked him, "I was going to have cocktails at 4 to celebrate the record-breaking heat outside, do I need to wait a certain amount of time?" He said to have one as soon as i walked in the door if I wanted.
Your dentist is awesome.

And thanks for the compliment! We should have gotten gay married!

“It made sense at the time....”

Since: May 09

Schaumburg, IL

#85672 May 15, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
wow. my DDS pumps me so full of novocaine htat i can't drink properly for a good two hours! and it still takes about an hour to get to the point where i can use a straw...

“...,to wit”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#85673 May 15, 2013
Aisle Sitter wrote:
<quoted text>
the one i miss most, we used to gossip about all kinds of thigns... it was nice to be able to talk shop (ok, rant, rave & vent) to someone who gets teh issues and understands teh use of vague details... ;-)
there were times i'd go out and stop around teh paths too, in order to vent off some frustration and excess energy.
Sigh, sniffle. I miss you too, sweetie

Since: Aug 09

Milwaukee, WI

#85674 May 15, 2013
Stina wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactly!!! Especially when they have those great deals. They had one at Disney - 4 days for $129.$32.25 a day instead of the normal $89. They son't want us sharing THAT deal with our friends!
(I know, it's been a long time since i've posted here, but now you have my curiosity)

My wife and i have decided to take our 4 kids (ages 4-8) to Disney in October. Do the math - with 4 kids and two adults, we are going to have to mortgage the house to go (j/k).

(Where did you see that deal - or is it one of those things for residents of Florida?)(

“The two baby belly, please!”

Since: Sep 09

Evanston IL

#85675 May 15, 2013
WhoIs_JohnGalt wrote:
<quoted text>
(I know, it's been a long time since i've posted here, but now you have my curiosity)
My wife and i have decided to take our 4 kids (ages 4-8) to Disney in October. Do the math - with 4 kids and two adults, we are going to have to mortgage the house to go (j/k).
(Where did you see that deal - or is it one of those things for residents of Florida?)(
I'll jump in here - we went last Thanksgiving.

My mom did a lot of on-line research and the best deal she found was with Undercover Tourist dot com. We purchased a three-day pass (not a hopper) and got the fourth day free and it was roughly $1000 for 2 adults and 2 children. The hopper pass costs extra, but that allows you to go from one theme park to another in the same day. With the tickets we got, you had to stay at the same park all day, which was fine with us.

I have no info on hotels; we stayed at mom's time-share.

I'm sure the FL folks will be more help.

And it's good to see you again!

“What's it to ya?”

Location hidden

#85676 May 15, 2013
j_m_w wrote:
<quoted text>
Your dentist is awesome.
And thanks for the compliment! We should have gotten gay married!
You can't gay marry Angela because *I* am going to gay marry her when I go to MN.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#85677 May 15, 2013
Stina wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you ever get any deals through your work, here in Florida? 4 days at all their parks for $129 is really great....

“I Am Mine”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#85678 May 15, 2013
WhoIs_JohnGalt wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes. Fla resident only. Valid only til July I believe

“...,to wit”

Location hidden

#85679 May 15, 2013
The only thing people in IL get a deal on is a volume discount for governors in (ahem) public housing.

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me!

#85680 May 15, 2013
This is f* ridiculous!

http://www.wsvn.com/news/articles/odd/2101063...

How can one person pushing in quarters cause more stress than the damn owner of the car doing the same thing?

Toj

“Equality”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#85681 May 15, 2013
RACE wrote:
This is f* ridiculous!
How can one person pushing in quarters cause more stress than the damn owner of the car doing the same thing?
The attendants probably have a quota of tickets they have to write -- that's where the stress comes from!!

Yes, ridiculous. NH is probably upset about lost revenue.

“...,to wit”

Location hidden

#85682 May 15, 2013
RACE wrote:
This is f* ridiculous!
It is intentional interference with a financia expectation. You cit expects to get parking ticket money and teh meter maid ( or whatever) is stressed because she won't make her quota.

Sounds good to me (brakkkk6997)

Toj

“Equality”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#85683 May 15, 2013
PEllen wrote:
<quoted text>It is intentional interference with a financia expectation. You cit expects to get parking ticket money and teh meter maid ( or whatever) is stressed because she won't make her quota.
Sounds good to me (brakkkk6997)
Great minds and all that.

Heh. Or maybe living in Chicago makes you see those things quickly.

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#85684 May 15, 2013
RACE wrote:
This is f* ridiculous!
Minneapolis hs new parking meters that are digital and have sensors, so when the car pulls away and leaves 20 minutse on the meter, it wipes the meter clean and the next person has to start over.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 7 min Rogue Scholar 05 178,593
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 14 min TheIndependentMaj... 1,115,149
Amy 10-1 15 min edogxxx 1
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 29 min Eric 69,522
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 46 min Earthling-1 47,008
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 3 hr D-U-H 50,041
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 5 hr Mandela 68,560

Chicago Jobs

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]