|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 15, 2013

Stina wrote:
<quoted text>
They also scan your fingerprint when you enter the parks now.
Why?

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 15, 2013

j_m_w wrote:
<quoted text>
I get what you're saying, but my point is that Disney can't call people out on being friends or relatives. Who are they to say that this wheelchair-bound person doesn't have two groups of friends who want to go to the park with him/her on consecutive days? Disney can't govern relationships.
And by law -- according to the ADA -- a business manager/owner/employee can ask if you are disabled/need special assistance, but they can't ask you what your disability is. They must take the person at their word. Their hands are fairly tied.
Stina

Saint Petersburg, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 15, 2013

RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>
Why?
To match it up with your ticket. I never thought about the problem squishy mentioned where she mixed up everyone's cards and had a problem the next day. Never thought about that because ours are usually some kind of residential or annual pass so we each have our names and signatures on our passes.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 15, 2013

Stina wrote:
<quoted text>
To match it up with your ticket. I never thought about the problem squishy mentioned where she mixed up everyone's cards and had a problem the next day. Never thought about that because ours are usually some kind of residential or annual pass so we each have our names and signatures on our passes.
Ooohhh of course. Otherwise you could buy a 3day ticket and let me use it for a day.

“It made sense at the time....”

Since: May 09

Schaumburg, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 15, 2013

i wish i had a buddy to walk with!! everyone keeps telling me its gorgeous out there!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 15, 2013

Aisle Sitter wrote:
i wish i had a buddy to walk with!! everyone keeps telling me its gorgeous out there!
Two people want me to walk with them at lunch, but honestly, I'd rather just walk by myself and listen to my ipod for half an hour.

Schaumburg, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 15, 2013

RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>
Two people want me to walk with them at lunch, but honestly, I'd rather just walk by myself and listen to my ipod for half an hour.
the one i miss most, we used to gossip about all kinds of thigns... it was nice to be able to talk shop (ok, rant, rave & vent) to someone who gets teh issues and understands teh use of vague details... ;-)

there were times i'd go out and stop around teh paths too, in order to vent off some frustration and excess energy.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 15, 2013

Aisle Sitter wrote:
<quoted text>
the one i miss most, we used to gossip about all kinds of thigns... it was nice to be able to talk shop (ok, rant, rave & vent) to someone who gets teh issues and understands teh use of vague details... ;-)
there were times i'd go out and stop around teh paths too, in order to vent off some frustration and excess energy.
Heh I'd be more up for that with certain coworkers, but not the two who've asked me to join them on their walks. ;)
Stina

Saint Petersburg, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 15, 2013

RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>
Ooohhh of course. Otherwise you could buy a 3day ticket and let me use it for a day.
Exactly!!! Especially when they have those great deals. They had one at Disney - 4 days for $129.$32.25 a day instead of the normal $89. They son't want us sharing THAT deal with our friends!
Stina

Saint Petersburg, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 15, 2013

RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>
Heh I'd be more up for that with certain coworkers, but not the two who've asked me to join them on their walks. ;)
They never let me go for walks here.:( Well, unless I am walking to the bathroom, or to accounting, or to get a glass of water... You guys live the high life!!!

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 15, 2013

Judged:

Thats because they are afraid you will get lost...
(I owe you a couple.:))
Stina wrote:
<quoted text>
They never let me go for walks here.:( Well, unless I am walking to the bathroom, or to accounting, or to get a glass of water... You guys live the high life!!!

Since: Mar 09

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 15, 2013

Great. Now I feel like a walk and I already came in late today and took a long lunch, so no dice.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 15, 2013

Oh, for those who are friends with Jmw on facebook, she's even prettier in person!

So I had a dentist appt. yesterday. Dentist found a tiny, new cavity ON A FRONT TOOTH. Yikes. But he had a spare half hour and was able to fix it immediately.(I can't even tell where he did his work.)

I asked him, "I was going to have cocktails at 4 to celebrate the record-breaking heat outside, do I need to wait a certain amount of time?" He said to have one as soon as i walked in the door if I wanted.
Stina

Saint Petersburg, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 15, 2013

RACE wrote:
Thats because they are afraid you will get lost...
(I owe you a couple.:))
<quoted text>
OUCH!!!!!!!!!!

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 15, 2013

RedheadwGlasses wrote:
Oh, for those who are friends with Jmw on facebook, she's even prettier in person!
So I had a dentist appt. yesterday. Dentist found a tiny, new cavity ON A FRONT TOOTH. Yikes. But he had a spare half hour and was able to fix it immediately.(I can't even tell where he did his work.)
I asked him, "I was going to have cocktails at 4 to celebrate the record-breaking heat outside, do I need to wait a certain amount of time?" He said to have one as soon as i walked in the door if I wanted.
Your dentist is awesome.

And thanks for the compliment! We should have gotten gay married!

Schaumburg, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 15, 2013

RedheadwGlasses wrote:
wow. my DDS pumps me so full of novocaine htat i can't drink properly for a good two hours! and it still takes about an hour to get to the point where i can use a straw...

“...,to wit”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 15, 2013

Aisle Sitter wrote:
<quoted text>
Sigh, sniffle. I miss you too, sweetie

Since: Aug 09

Greendale, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 15, 2013

Stina wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactly!!! Especially when they have those great deals. They had one at Disney - 4 days for $129.$32.25 a day instead of the normal $89. They son't want us sharing THAT deal with our friends!
(I know, it's been a long time since i've posted here, but now you have my curiosity)

My wife and i have decided to take our 4 kids (ages 4-8) to Disney in October. Do the math - with 4 kids and two adults, we are going to have to mortgage the house to go (j/k).

(Where did you see that deal - or is it one of those things for residents of Florida?)(

“The two baby belly, please!”

Since: Sep 09

Evanston IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 15, 2013

WhoIs_JohnGalt wrote:
<quoted text>
(I know, it's been a long time since i've posted here, but now you have my curiosity)
My wife and i have decided to take our 4 kids (ages 4-8) to Disney in October. Do the math - with 4 kids and two adults, we are going to have to mortgage the house to go (j/k).
(Where did you see that deal - or is it one of those things for residents of Florida?)(
I'll jump in here - we went last Thanksgiving.

My mom did a lot of on-line research and the best deal she found was with Undercover Tourist dot com. We purchased a three-day pass (not a hopper) and got the fourth day free and it was roughly $1000 for 2 adults and 2 children. The hopper pass costs extra, but that allows you to go from one theme park to another in the same day. With the tickets we got, you had to stay at the same park all day, which was fine with us.

I have no info on hotels; we stayed at mom's time-share.

I'm sure the FL folks will be more help.

And it's good to see you again!

“What's it to ya?”

Tacoma, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 15, 2013

j_m_w wrote:
<quoted text>
Your dentist is awesome.
And thanks for the compliment! We should have gotten gay married!
You can't gay marry Angela because *I* am going to gay marry her when I go to MN.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

115 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min Grey Ghost 1,084,113
EBOLA virus can solve many of USA problems. 3 min George Lincoln Rockwell 1
Amy 7-31 7 min Kuuipo 9
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 8 min JOEL COOL DUDE 68,451
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 15 min Learn to Read 175,160
Abby 7-31 15 min Kuuipo 5
IL Illinois Governor Recall Amendment (Oct '10) 30 min truth 1,876
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE