“What's it to ya?”

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#85605 May 14, 2013
j_m_w wrote:
I hate missing work. Hate hate hate. There has to be an easier way to go on vacation....
Repeat to yourself: "work is only what I do for money, vacation is good" until you believe it

“The two baby belly, please!”

Since: Sep 09

Evanston IL

#85606 May 14, 2013
Feeling proud of myself this morning. Bought some grapefruit from the stand at my downtown train station and actually ate one just now.

#tryingrealhardtobelesssquishy

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me! Charlie

#85607 May 14, 2013
Liar!
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
Stina

Saint Petersburg, FL

#85608 May 14, 2013
RACE wrote:
Liar!
<quoted text>
I posted it a few minutes ago

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me! Charlie

#85609 May 14, 2013
Yeah, Where? I think you're nutters too!
Stina wrote:
<quoted text>
I posted it a few minutes ago

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#85610 May 14, 2013
squishymama wrote:
Feeling proud of myself this morning. Bought some grapefruit from the stand at my downtown train station and actually ate one just now.
#tryingrealhardtobelesssquishy
Grapefruits are supposed to help losing weight...i eat a banana everyday, and i don't think they are any help?....lol....i also love those tiny tangerines, cuties....but they are outta season now....
Stina

Saint Petersburg, FL

#85611 May 14, 2013
Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text>Grapefruits are supposed to help losing weight...i eat a banana everyday, and i don't think they are any help?....lol....i also love those tiny tangerines, cuties....but they are outta season now....
I can eat 6 or 7 of those cuties in a sitting! I saw them at the store, still. They are expensive, though.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#85612 May 14, 2013
Stina wrote:
<quoted text>
I can eat 6 or 7 of those cuties in a sitting! I saw them at the store, still. They are expensive, though.
Lesson in corporate greed....the season is waning, so the grocer's want to take advantage of their popularity...next season, i will be smarter...as they store well in the crisper....lol....
Stina

Saint Petersburg, FL

#85613 May 14, 2013
Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text>Lesson in corporate greed....the season is waning, so the grocer's want to take advantage of their popularity...next season, i will be smarter...as they store well in the crisper....lol....
Stellar idea!!!

“It made sense at the time....”

Since: May 09

Schaumburg, IL

#85614 May 14, 2013
j_m_w wrote:
I hate missing work. Hate hate hate. There has to be an easier way to go on vacation....
i hate the run up before and the triaging just before vacation. at least i learned to pick a different person to be my back up while i'm out. its amazing how much better (i.e., less stressful for the first 10 minutes im figuring out which end is up) it is coming back when you have a rational person covering for you.

i don't feel that i'm paid enough to watch e-mails while i'm on actual vacation time, so i don't. others around here do; good for them. i feel work is work, home is home. yet, when someone does text me while i'm out (like the day i was cleaning basemetns), i have the bad habit of answering right away. need to stop that!

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#85615 May 14, 2013
I jsut went to the abby column I posted, it's still there.

Since: Mar 09

Miami, FL

#85616 May 14, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
I jsut went to the abby column I posted, it's still there.
I finally see it; I hadn't seen Abby all day until just now.

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#85617 May 14, 2013
I posted a "test" response to bring it basck to the list below.

Since: Mar 09

Miami, FL

#85618 May 14, 2013
Aisle Sitter wrote:
<quoted text>
i hate the run up before and the triaging just before vacation. at least i learned to pick a different person to be my back up while i'm out. its amazing how much better (i.e., less stressful for the first 10 minutes im figuring out which end is up) it is coming back when you have a rational person covering for you.
i don't feel that i'm paid enough to watch e-mails while i'm on actual vacation time, so i don't. others around here do; good for them. i feel work is work, home is home. yet, when someone does text me while i'm out (like the day i was cleaning basemetns), i have the bad habit of answering right away. need to stop that!
I get reimbursed for my cell phone bill by my company so I feel obligated to check in even when I'm supposed to be on vacation vs. traveling for work. But I hate when people copy me on stuff just for the sake of doing it, or when there's a relatively easy answer to a question and if the person just tried a little problem-solving or thinking for him- or her-(usually her) self, they wouldn't need me. Oh well... I do like my job. And I'm certainly glad to have one!

“It made sense at the time....”

Since: May 09

Schaumburg, IL

#85619 May 14, 2013
j_m_w wrote:
<quoted text>
I get reimbursed for my cell phone bill by my company so I feel obligated to check in even when I'm supposed to be on vacation vs. traveling for work. But I hate when people copy me on stuff just for the sake of doing it, or when there's a relatively easy answer to a question and if the person just tried a little problem-solving or thinking for him- or her-(usually her) self, they wouldn't need me. Oh well... I do like my job. And I'm certainly glad to have one!
if i were reimbursed, i too would feel more of an obligation to keep tabs on stuff... but i'm not, so i don't.:-)

another issue for me is drawing the line between personal and company time. i try to respect that wehn others are out of the office, especially on time flagged as vacation, and just wish that others would do the same.

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#85620 May 14, 2013
j_m_w wrote:
<quoted text>
I get reimbursed for my cell phone bill by my company so I feel obligated to check in even when I'm supposed to be on vacation vs. traveling for work. But I hate when people copy me on stuff just for the sake of doing it, or when there's a relatively easy answer to a question and if the person just tried a little problem-solving or thinking for him- or her-(usually her) self, they wouldn't need me. Oh well... I do like my job. And I'm certainly glad to have one!
I have a coworker out on maternity leave. HEr work is completely covered. People are still ccing her on everything. Her coworker is going into her emails and cleaning them out for her.

“What's it to ya?”

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#85621 May 14, 2013
Not working in an important field (doctor, first responder, nuclear clean up, etc.) when the work day is done, it's done. Nothing so critical that it can't wait. The sale will still be there during business hours tomorrow...or it won't. I just don't care. Then again as long as my bills are paid, I can go without (whatever) if there's a threat to my harmony...

Hope that makes sense. Typing on my phone so I'm trying to be concise.

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#85622 May 14, 2013
I assume most of you have heard of Angelina Jolie's news by now? Preventive double mastectomy. Good for her!

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/05/14/opinion/my-...

“...,to wit”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#85623 May 14, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
I jsut went to the abby column I posted, it's still there.
I can see mine too but the posts show 0. I cut and pasted onto your column removed vowels from s*x but it immediately disappeared. Weird
Stina

Saint Petersburg, FL

#85624 May 14, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
I assume most of you have heard of Angelina Jolie's news by now? Preventive double mastectomy. Good for her!
http://www.nytimes.com/2013/05/14/opinion/my-...
It takes some guts to do that. Of course, having unlimited resources to get the test, get the surgery and get reconstruction and all... that really helps.

Kudos to her. But I still can't stand her.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 4 min THE DEVIL 1,173,019
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 9 min TATlover 50,354
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 18 min JOEL 71,541
More than 300 miles of Chicago roadway to be re... 20 min joey 2
Self Protection is the 2nd Amendment. 26 min joey 3
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr wojar 183,802
daughter/father appropriate physical contact (Mar '12) 2 hr chanelle 20
abby 1-26 5 hr Mister Tonka 45
Chicago Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 10:04 am PST

NFL10:04AM
Richardson was suspended for two Colts playoff games
ESPN10:58 AM
Colts won't commit to RB Richardson for 2015
Yahoo! Sports11:49 AM
League conducts nearly 40 interviews into 'deflate-gate'
Yahoo! Sports11:50 AM
NFL: No decision yet on deflated balls
NBC Sports12:54 PM
Grigson goes silent on NFL investigation into Patriots