Tacoma, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 12, 2013

Judged:

Happy Mother's Day to all the moms, grandmas, aunties, foster moms, mom figures, and like-a-mom-to-me's...

“What's it to ya?”

Since: Mar 09

Tacoma, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 12, 2013

ScarletandOlive wrote:
Good morning all! Now that yesterday's session is over (I'm not minimizing, Sub, I just really didn't want to get involved), I'm going to post my thoughts here since I still consider you guys my safe place.
Today is Mother's Day and I am very grateful for my boys and that my Mom is coming to visit on Wednesday. I really have nothin to complain about. One of my good friends lost her mom on Friday. Her mom has had Alzheimer's for several years and lived in England, so it has been very difficult on her. My heart goes out to her that she is going through this and being bombarded with the Mother's Day blitz at the same time.
For some reason this year I am also very aware of the mothers who have lost their children too soon. Last week another good friend's sister confided to us that she was pregnant while we were at Ry's soccer game (same circle of friends). On Tuesday she miscarried.
I am really dreading seeing my MIL today. She is still very much grieving (understandably) and is probably depressed and should see a therapist, but she would never consider that. She didn't even want us over today, so we are gathering at my SIL's for dinner. I would be ok with staying home, but then we would be accused of ignoring her (no win situation).
Anyway, didn't mean to start the day off on such a down note, but you can see why I can't post something like this on my public page. Thank you for letting me get this out.
For those of you celebrating today - Happy Mother's Day! For those who are child free by choice - enjoy! For those who can't be with the ones you love - you are in my thoughts and prayers.
<3 I am keeping positive thoughts that your day goes better than you expect. It's totally understandable that your MIL is still grieving, and I am sorry to hear about your friend's miscarriage. Enjoy your boys today. You are like Supermom for real so you deserve a nice day.

Toj

“Equality”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 12, 2013

Judged:

It is Mother's Day. I hope you all have a good day. I'm planning on working outside planting things and cleaning up. To me, that's fun. We'll probably go out to dinner later.

Mimi -- your son lives in your heart and is still in everyone's thoughts. You deserve a special happy Mother's Day. I hope you take that in the good spirit I mean for it to be taken. Your niece and sister are very lucky to have you.

Scarlett -- I can't remember (sorry) what loss your MIL went through. I hope she can see what gifts she has having you and your husband and your boys in her life. Sometimes, realizing what you have is all that is needed.

JMW and Red -- have a mimosa for me b/c that sounds good about now!:)

“...,to wit”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 12, 2013

Judged:

Mimi Seattle wrote:
Happy Mother's Day to all the moms, grandmas, aunties, foster moms, mom figures, and like-a-mom-to-me's...
You are a mom, too, both to Chris, whom we all remember , but you read like a Momma-Bear for the west coast contingent.

I am raising a virtual Mimosa to you.(clink, sip)

“reign in blood”

Since: May 09

Braidwood, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 12, 2013

Judged:

So I saw my mother today for the first time in several months. She tells me her husband wants a divorce. Good riddance, we all think he's a jerk anyway. Told her to lawyer up and make sure her assets are protected and that she's taken care of financially, but gee, such happy mother's day news!

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 12, 2013

Judged:

Maybe for her, hearing from you that you will advocate and look our for her, IS nice mothers day news?
edogxxx wrote:
So I saw my mother today for the first time in several months. She tells me her husband wants a divorce. Good riddance, we all think he's a jerk anyway. Told her to lawyer up and make sure her assets are protected and that she's taken care of financially, but gee, such happy mother's day news!

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 12, 2013

RACE wrote:
<quoted text>Maybe for her, hearing from you that you will advocate and look our for her, IS nice mothers day news?
Great point.

“What's it to ya?”

Tacoma, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 12, 2013

RACE wrote:
Maybe for her, hearing from you that you will advocate and look our for her, IS nice mothers day news?
<quoted text>
Agreed.

“What's it to ya?”

Tacoma, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 12, 2013

Judged:

edogxxx wrote:
Having been married to a class-a jerk, I can tell you that it might just be a good mother's day gift for you mom to 1) be rid of him and 2) knowing you've got her back.

“What's it to ya?”

Tacoma, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 12, 2013

Judged:

Pelly, Toj, thanks for the MD wishes. I'm just trying to lay low today. It's been a bad couple weeks (emotionally) for me and as it gets closer to Wednesday, I don't see it getting any better. Don't feel bad for me, I'll get by, just in a funk right now.

On the upside (I found out today because I didn't check the mail yesterday) I got accepted into (another) a grad program that they turned me down for initially because I don't have all the foreign language BS they want. I asked them to reconsider, and they did. So yay! Although that means new school (still UW, just a different location), getting to know how it all works, blah, blah, blah. <sigh>

“reign in blood”

Braidwood, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 12, 2013

Judged:

Mimi Seattle wrote:

Don't feel bad for me, I'll get by
I won't feel bad for you and know you'll get by just fine. But my thoughts and prayers are with you anyway! Happy Mother's Day!

Life is but a series of up and down funks!

Neda, stay with me!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 12, 2013

Judged:

awww lookey! all that fox right wing Letterman, rsh limbaugh right wing conspirosy tinfoil hat crap just kinda goes out the window dont it? When you're talking honest to a person, when you're actually saying what you mean to someone...

Dog, your nutz, but you spend too much time trying to show where your heart aint. Yeah, its fun to bash you, but we all know your just a nice guy dressed up like a lunatic.

Tell your mom Hi, and watch out for flying chairs!
edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
I won't feel bad for you and know you'll get by just fine. But my thoughts and prayers are with you anyway! Happy Mother's Day!
Life is but a series of up and down funks!

“reign in blood”

Braidwood, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 13, 2013

“Checks and Balances”

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 13, 2013

Judged:

edogxxx wrote:
The instinct to protect those you love doesn't go away, even when you don't see them often. I'm sorry you didn't get the light-hearted Mother's Day that you (and all of us) were hoping for, but I'm sure that your support meant more to her than she could put into words.

Thank Goodness It's Monday, right?

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 13, 2013

Headed home... Angela didn't kidnap me or poison me or anything.
;)

I had a great weekend, in spite of Ang and Nick laughing at me for how cold I was on Saturday night.:)

Back to my native climate, then Chicago in a few weeks.

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 13, 2013

j_m_w wrote:
Headed home... Angela didn't kidnap me or poison me or anything.
;)
I had a great weekend, in spite of Ang and Nick laughing at me for how cold I was on Saturday night.:)
Back to my native climate, then Chicago in a few weeks.
I'm alive! I also was awake at 4 a.m. after getting so much (bad) sleep yesterday. Jmw stood out by wearing a jacket everywhere, when we natives were in shorts and tshirts.

She's a ton of fun!

“The two baby belly, please!”

Since: Sep 09

Evanston IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 13, 2013

ScarletandOlive wrote:
Good morning all! Now that yesterday's session is over (I'm not minimizing, Sub, I just really didn't want to get involved), I'm going to post my thoughts here since I still consider you guys my safe place.
Today is Mother's Day and I am very grateful for my boys and that my Mom is coming to visit on Wednesday. I really have nothin to complain about. One of my good friends lost her mom on Friday. Her mom has had Alzheimer's for several years and lived in England, so it has been very difficult on her. My heart goes out to her that she is going through this and being bombarded with the Mother's Day blitz at the same time.
For some reason this year I am also very aware of the mothers who have lost their children too soon. Last week another good friend's sister confided to us that she was pregnant while we were at Ry's soccer game (same circle of friends). On Tuesday she miscarried.
I am really dreading seeing my MIL today. She is still very much grieving (understandably) and is probably depressed and should see a therapist, but she would never consider that. She didn't even want us over today, so we are gathering at my SIL's for dinner. I would be ok with staying home, but then we would be accused of ignoring her (no win situation).
Anyway, didn't mean to start the day off on such a down note, but you can see why I can't post something like this on my public page. Thank you for letting me get this out.
For those of you celebrating today - Happy Mother's Day! For those who are child free by choice - enjoy! For those who can't be with the ones you love - you are in my thoughts and prayers.
When my MIL picked us up this morning, she asked how my mother's day had been. I said it was just OK and she was a little surprised. I told that the day before had been so horrid that just OK was a vast improvement.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 13, 2013

Judged:

I didn't even get a card from my ungrateful cats.

Neda, stay with me!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 13, 2013

Judged:

Me neither.
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
I didn't even get a card from my ungrateful cats.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 13, 2013

In my hungover misery yesterday, I did watch all of "Flashdance" on TV. I have the soundtrack on vinyl. Now the songs are stuck in my head.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

122 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 4 min Flacks News 1,083,472
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 7 min LRS 175,095
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 49 min Te rigs 48,996
IL Who do you support for Governor in Illinois in ... (Oct '10) 59 min nono 3,845
'African' stowaway's body found on US military ... 1 hr Ban the 2nd Amendment 2
Christianity 1 hr Ban the 2nd Amendment 2
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr SpaceBlues 45,881
Amy 7-30 1 hr Toj 18
•••
•••
Chicago Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••