Since: Mar 09

United States

#85560 May 12, 2013
RACE wrote:
<quoted text>Maybe for her, hearing from you that you will advocate and look our for her, IS nice mothers day news?
Great point.

“What's it to ya?”

Location hidden

#85561 May 12, 2013
RACE wrote:
Maybe for her, hearing from you that you will advocate and look our for her, IS nice mothers day news?
<quoted text>
Agreed.

“What's it to ya?”

Location hidden

#85562 May 12, 2013
edogxxx wrote:
So I saw my mother today for the first time in several months. She tells me her husband wants a divorce. Good riddance, we all think he's a jerk anyway. Told her to lawyer up and make sure her assets are protected and that she's taken care of financially, but gee, such happy mother's day news!
Having been married to a class-a jerk, I can tell you that it might just be a good mother's day gift for you mom to 1) be rid of him and 2) knowing you've got her back.

“What's it to ya?”

Location hidden

#85563 May 12, 2013
Pelly, Toj, thanks for the MD wishes. I'm just trying to lay low today. It's been a bad couple weeks (emotionally) for me and as it gets closer to Wednesday, I don't see it getting any better. Don't feel bad for me, I'll get by, just in a funk right now.

On the upside (I found out today because I didn't check the mail yesterday) I got accepted into (another) a grad program that they turned me down for initially because I don't have all the foreign language BS they want. I asked them to reconsider, and they did. So yay! Although that means new school (still UW, just a different location), getting to know how it all works, blah, blah, blah. <sigh>

“reign in blood”

Since: May 09

Wilmington, IL

#85564 May 12, 2013
Mimi Seattle wrote:

Don't feel bad for me, I'll get by
I won't feel bad for you and know you'll get by just fine. But my thoughts and prayers are with you anyway! Happy Mother's Day!

Life is but a series of up and down funks!

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me!

#85565 May 12, 2013
awww lookey! all that fox right wing Letterman, rsh limbaugh right wing conspirosy tinfoil hat crap just kinda goes out the window dont it? When you're talking honest to a person, when you're actually saying what you mean to someone...

Dog, your nutz, but you spend too much time trying to show where your heart aint. Yeah, its fun to bash you, but we all know your just a nice guy dressed up like a lunatic.

Tell your mom Hi, and watch out for flying chairs!
edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
I won't feel bad for you and know you'll get by just fine. But my thoughts and prayers are with you anyway! Happy Mother's Day!
Life is but a series of up and down funks!

“reign in blood”

Since: May 09

Wilmington, IL

#85566 May 13, 2013

“Checks and Balances”

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

#85567 May 13, 2013
edogxxx wrote:
So I saw my mother today for the first time in several months. She tells me her husband wants a divorce. Good riddance, we all think he's a jerk anyway. Told her to lawyer up and make sure her assets are protected and that she's taken care of financially, but gee, such happy mother's day news!
The instinct to protect those you love doesn't go away, even when you don't see them often. I'm sorry you didn't get the light-hearted Mother's Day that you (and all of us) were hoping for, but I'm sure that your support meant more to her than she could put into words.

Thank Goodness It's Monday, right?

United States

#85568 May 13, 2013
Headed home... Angela didn't kidnap me or poison me or anything.
;)

I had a great weekend, in spite of Ang and Nick laughing at me for how cold I was on Saturday night.:)

Back to my native climate, then Chicago in a few weeks.

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#85569 May 13, 2013
j_m_w wrote:
Headed home... Angela didn't kidnap me or poison me or anything.
;)
I had a great weekend, in spite of Ang and Nick laughing at me for how cold I was on Saturday night.:)
Back to my native climate, then Chicago in a few weeks.
I'm alive! I also was awake at 4 a.m. after getting so much (bad) sleep yesterday. Jmw stood out by wearing a jacket everywhere, when we natives were in shorts and tshirts.

She's a ton of fun!

“The two baby belly, please!”

Since: Sep 09

Evanston IL

#85570 May 13, 2013
ScarletandOlive wrote:
Good morning all! Now that yesterday's session is over (I'm not minimizing, Sub, I just really didn't want to get involved), I'm going to post my thoughts here since I still consider you guys my safe place.
Today is Mother's Day and I am very grateful for my boys and that my Mom is coming to visit on Wednesday. I really have nothin to complain about. One of my good friends lost her mom on Friday. Her mom has had Alzheimer's for several years and lived in England, so it has been very difficult on her. My heart goes out to her that she is going through this and being bombarded with the Mother's Day blitz at the same time.
For some reason this year I am also very aware of the mothers who have lost their children too soon. Last week another good friend's sister confided to us that she was pregnant while we were at Ry's soccer game (same circle of friends). On Tuesday she miscarried.
I am really dreading seeing my MIL today. She is still very much grieving (understandably) and is probably depressed and should see a therapist, but she would never consider that. She didn't even want us over today, so we are gathering at my SIL's for dinner. I would be ok with staying home, but then we would be accused of ignoring her (no win situation).
Anyway, didn't mean to start the day off on such a down note, but you can see why I can't post something like this on my public page. Thank you for letting me get this out.
For those of you celebrating today - Happy Mother's Day! For those who are child free by choice - enjoy! For those who can't be with the ones you love - you are in my thoughts and prayers.
When my MIL picked us up this morning, she asked how my mother's day had been. I said it was just OK and she was a little surprised. I told that the day before had been so horrid that just OK was a vast improvement.

Location hidden

#85571 May 13, 2013
I didn't even get a card from my ungrateful cats.

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me!

#85572 May 13, 2013
Me neither.
RedheadwGlasses wrote:

Location hidden

#85573 May 13, 2013
In my hungover misery yesterday, I did watch all of "Flashdance" on TV. I have the soundtrack on vinyl. Now the songs are stuck in my head.

“What's it to ya?”

Location hidden

#85574 May 13, 2013
Yes thank god it's Monday. Even though I specifically told everyone that I didn't need/want mother's day wishes, I still got texted multiple times yesterday. I guess everyone's hearts are in the right place, they want to let me know I'm not forgotten about, but still...IDK....not really sure how I feel about it.

I mean it's nice that everyone remembers me...really it is, but also I'd kind of like to pretend it's just Sunday and nothing special. Of course none of that even begins to touch on the plethora of cards, flowers, store displays assaulting me at every turn, so...<shrug> Can't win I guess.

“The two baby belly, please!”

Since: Sep 09

Evanston IL

#85575 May 13, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm alive! I also was awake at 4 a.m. after getting so much (bad) sleep yesterday. Jmw stood out by wearing a jacket everywhere, when we natives were in shorts and tshirts.
She's a ton of fun!
Well, then the chicago contingent of regs should definitely try to get togther for dinner with her while she's here.

“...,to wit”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#85576 May 13, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
Gives your paws, doesn' it?

Did they bring you a gift of any sort?

How is Mia doing?
Stina

Saint Petersburg, FL

#85577 May 13, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
In my hungover misery yesterday, I did watch all of "Flashdance" on TV. I have the soundtrack on vinyl. Now the songs are stuck in my head.
Glad you and Jmw had fun!!! I was jealous of you guys all weekend! But I bet it was like the arctic up there!!!

Location hidden

#85578 May 13, 2013
Stina wrote:
<quoted text>
Glad you and Jmw had fun!!! I was jealous of you guys all weekend! But I bet it was like the arctic up there!!!
Ha! It was cool (50s on Saturday). 70 today, 90 tomorrow!

Location hidden

#85579 May 13, 2013
PEllen wrote:
<quoted text>
Gives your paws, doesn' it?
Did they bring you a gift of any sort?
How is Mia doing?
Well, I got home from Nick's to find a cat turd in the middle of the kitchen floor. Someone must have had trouble shaking it loose. Charming. ;)

Mia is doing AWESOME. She has gotten nicer and more interested in snuggling in bed with me since her last two surgeries.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Obama pardons 2 Illinoisans, including former M... 28 min Le Jimbo 17
1 dead, 9 injured in daytime Chicago shootings 36 min reality is a crutch 1
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 48 min Bluestater 1,153,955
xtra xtra read all about it! 1 hr Read and weep 1
The truth regarding Ebola 1 hr C_Evertt Coop 2
Italian boys confession. 1 hr Bubba Klintler 1
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 5 hr Earthling-1 49,187
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 11 hr Sunshine 181,798
Chicago Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 11:17 am PST

NBC Sports11:17AM