Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#85293 May 8, 2013
go blueforever: I like that they moved to Tuesdays because being on Fridays, I hardly got to see it. I"m gone every other Friday, at a minimum.

“...,to wit”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#85294 May 8, 2013
RACE wrote:
one is not showing, the abby link just takes you to the forum page.
<quoted text>
The Abby column is a pitch to buy her Cookbooklet. The second letter is from somone who is offended by being called fat before she goes to law school. I have now saved you precious moments of your life.
You're welcome.

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#85295 May 8, 2013
PEllen wrote:
<quoted text>The Abby column is a pitch to buy her Cookbooklet. The second letter is from somone who is offended by being called fat before she goes to law school. I have now saved you precious moments of your life.
You're welcome.
Thank you. ; )

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me!

#85296 May 8, 2013
I love fat jokes!
PEllen wrote:
<quoted text>The Abby column is a pitch to buy her Cookbooklet. The second letter is from somone who is offended by being called fat before she goes to law school. I have now saved you precious moments of your life.
You're welcome.

“Checks and Balances”

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

#85297 May 8, 2013
I am probably going to regret this, but I think it is important to share data to help balance emotion.

http://www.latimes.com/news/nation/nationnow/...

“Checks and Balances”

Location hidden

#85298 May 8, 2013
Oh, I should have warned that it is about gun crime data.

“The two baby belly, please!”

Since: Sep 09

Evanston IL

#85299 May 8, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
I missed the shows where the police commissioner became a good guy!!!
Eh, he's not *that* good. He has his own agenda (not sure exactly what it is, of course) and would put Nick in danger to achieve it.

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me!

#85300 May 8, 2013
You people need to pick up your game here. So few posts to respond to, I am actually getting work done. If this keeps up, they are going to expect this level of performance from me.

Evanston IL

#85301 May 8, 2013
So Dickie did not get the new job. The guy that quit decided he'd made a huge mistake and was able to get his old job back. Grrr.

But the department really liked him, so they're working on finding some money to add another position. We'll see how that goes; neither of us is holding our breath, especailly since he still not making his numbers in the sales gig. His new territory sucks so he's still worried about getting fired. Very stressful for Dickie right now.
:(

On a happier note, I'm leaving early today to surprise Lulu at a school performance. I can't wait to see the look on her face!
Stina

Saint Petersburg, FL

#85302 May 8, 2013
ScarletandOlive wrote:
I am probably going to regret this, but I think it is important to share data to help balance emotion.
Thank you for sharing this!!!
Stina

Saint Petersburg, FL

#85303 May 8, 2013
squishymama wrote:
So Dickie did not get the new job. The guy that quit decided he'd made a huge mistake and was able to get his old job back. Grrr.
But the department really liked him, so they're working on finding some money to add another position. We'll see how that goes; neither of us is holding our breath, especailly since he still not making his numbers in the sales gig. His new territory sucks so he's still worried about getting fired. Very stressful for Dickie right now.
:(
On a happier note, I'm leaving early today to surprise Lulu at a school performance. I can't wait to see the look on her face!
So sorry to hear that!!! I hope they find a spot for him soon!!!

And Lulu will be thrilled! I did that once for lunch with my daughter and you would have thought she saw a ghost!!!

“Checks and Balances”

Location hidden

#85304 May 8, 2013
I'm off to the library to check out some books. Quick, throw out some suggestions! I have read every Janet Evanovich, Linda Fairstein, James Patterson, Sue Grafton, Kathy Reichs book avail - just to give you an idea of the mindless fluff I read for a quick escape from reality.

“reign in blood”

Since: May 09

United States

#85305 May 8, 2013
ScarletandOlive wrote:
Couldn't imagine why people might think that. But I'm sure it has nothing to do with the liberal media or their agenda....

“Fort Kickass”

Bloomington, IL

#85306 May 8, 2013
ScarletandOlive wrote:
I'm off to the library to check out some books. Quick, throw out some suggestions! I have read every Janet Evanovich, Linda Fairstein, James Patterson, Sue Grafton, Kathy Reichs book avail - just to give you an idea of the mindless fluff I read for a quick escape from reality.
Bastard Out of Carolina by Dorothy Allison was an easy read. Not easy subject matter, really, but it reeled me in.

Jeanette Walls - Half-Broke Horses and The Glass Castle, both good.

Mennonite In A Little Black Dress

Evanston IL

#85307 May 8, 2013
ScarletandOlive wrote:
I'm a sci-fi girl mostly but I'm thinking about re-reading some of the Diana Gabaldon stuff. Sorta sci-fi sorta historical romance, definitely entertaining fluff.

Since: Mar 09

Miami, FL

#85308 May 8, 2013
ScarletandOlive wrote:
Carl Hiaasen, John Grisham, Nicholas Evans (not as mindless, but still simple reading).

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#85309 May 8, 2013
ScarletandOlive wrote:
Not sure Chicago s following that trend....and even after emptying so much public housing on the southside into the suburbs, over the years.....Should we say, failed federal social engineering?

Since: Mar 09

Miami, FL

#85310 May 8, 2013
RACE wrote:
You people need to pick up your game here. So few posts to respond to, I am actually getting work done. If this keeps up, they are going to expect this level of performance from me.
I second this! Motion carried. Start being entertaining, everyone.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#85311 May 8, 2013
ScarletandOlive wrote:
...Tom Clancy.....

Evanston IL

#85312 May 8, 2013
edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
Couldn't imagine why people might think that. But I'm sure it has nothing to do with the liberal media or their agenda....
This is similar to what the Free Range Kids movement talks about. It's safer now than ever before to be a kid, but many parents feel it's more dangerous than ever. The media has something to do with that; we only hear about the few kids that have something bad happen to them, not the millions of others who have nothing bad happen to them. It skews how we perceive the danger in the world.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 2 min Rogue Scholar 05 181,779
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 5 min Barry Choomer Soe... 1,153,580
Amy 12-19 35 min RACE 4
abby 12-19 43 min RACE 2
9 inch kaa land 1 hr Dinesh Kumar Meena 1
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 1 hr RACE 4,914
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 2 hr TRD 68,882
Chicago Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 6:32 pm PST

NBC Sports 6:32PM
Week 16 skill-position injury report — Thursday
NBC Sports 7:47 PM
Golden Tate excited for Jimmy Clausen to get another starting opportunity
Bleacher Report 1:38 AM
Cowboys' Week 16 Preview vs. Colts
NBC Sports 3:39 AM
Jimmy Clausen as surprised as anyone he's starting
Bleacher Report 4:00 AM
Why Do the Colts Still Insist on Feeding Trent Richardson?