Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 6, 2013

Matilda77 wrote:
Is there anything better than drinking outside after a stupidly long winter?
No!

Some plants I ordered came today. Why couldn't they come during the weekend? Eh, they'll keep until I get to them on Friday. They're in little pots.

“This is SPARTA!”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 6, 2013

Freaky. Watching Hawaii Five-O. Story about a girl kidnapped 10 year ago found dead. Breaking news at the bottom of the screen. Girl kidnapped 10 years ago found alive today.

“Checks and Balances”

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 6, 2013

Mister Tonka wrote:
Freaky. Watching Hawaii Five-O. Story about a girl kidnapped 10 year ago found dead. Breaking news at the bottom of the screen. Girl kidnapped 10 years ago found alive today.
I'm recording Hawaii Five-O, but I've been reading the article about the women they found. 3 of them who were abducted over 10 years ago. I can't imagine what their families are feeling tonight.

What I don't get is that the foreign news sites (Australia and the UK) have articles on this that are a couple of hours old, but it is just breaking in the US. Um, this is happening in Ohio, so how are they releasing the story so much faster?

“This is SPARTA!”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 6, 2013

ScarletandOlive wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm recording Hawaii Five-O, but I've been reading the article about the women they found. 3 of them who were abducted over 10 years ago. I can't imagine what their families are feeling tonight.
What I don't get is that the foreign news sites (Australia and the UK) have articles on this that are a couple of hours old, but it is just breaking in the US. Um, this is happening in Ohio, so how are they releasing the story so much faster?
Maybe you just have not looked in hte right place. I actually saw a news clip earlier this evening posted to Facebook BEFORE I watched the show. Looked like 5 o-clock local news. Was just extra freaky when that's what the tv show story was about and then the news scrolled across the screen.

http://www.newsnet5.com/dpp/news/local_news/c...

“suffers from formicophilia ”

Since: May 09

Braidwood, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2013

“Checks and Balances”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2013

Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text>Maybe you just have not looked in hte right place. I actually saw a news clip earlier this evening posted to Facebook BEFORE I watched the show. Looked like 5 o-clock local news. Was just extra freaky when that's what the tv show story was about and then the news scrolled across the screen.

I first heard about it when I got the CNN alert, and when I googled it the international sites all had timestamps earlier than the articles than the US articles. I could see that if the US articles had been updated, but they often had even less info than the international articles.

I am so embarrassed by the state of our news/communications services. The online site of our state newspaper is often unreadable because there are so many typos and grammatical errors. No one is bothered by putting out half of the story because they would rather put out misinformation than nothing.

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2013

ScarletandOlive wrote:
Ok, I gotta change the subject.
I know next to nothing about hockey, but I know that it is a really physically taxing sport. This guy amazes me.
http://www.twincities.com/sports/ci_23178351/...
Hey, he's our guy! GO WILD! Sunday's game was awesome, hoping for another win tonight. Harding is doing well -- and stepped up to the plate (so to speak) in game 1, after not playing for like two months.

I think young people with MS are thrilled to have him "representing" them and what they are capable of.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2013

Also, that article is misleading. He hasn't missed most of the short season due to his MS... he wouldn't have played much anyway, because our regular goalie is very good.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2013

ScarletandOlive wrote:
<quoted text>
I first heard about it when I got the CNN alert, and when I googled it the international sites all had timestamps earlier than the articles than the US articles. I could see that if the US articles had been updated, but they often had even less info than the international articles.
I am so embarrassed by the state of our news/communications services. The online site of our state newspaper is often unreadable because there are so many typos and grammatical errors. No one is bothered by putting out half of the story because they would rather put out misinformation than nothing.
No excuse for that, I know, but remember that newspapers are losing money. they've lost paper subscribers and ad revenue is way down. They need a new business model.

“Checks and Balances”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2013

RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>No excuse for that, I know, but remember that newspapers are losing money. they've lost paper subscribers and ad revenue is way down. They need a new business model.
It's a cycle. I rarely go to that site anymore because it's so unreadable.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2013

Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text> Maybe you just have not looked in hte right place. I actually saw a news clip earlier this evening posted to Facebook BEFORE I watched the show. Looked like 5 o-clock local news. Was just extra freaky when that's what the tv show story was about and then the news scrolled across the screen.
Great ending to a horrible situation....Don't know if you recall this...but i believe that is the same Cleveland neighborhood, where the guy had killed and buried all the prostitutes around his house?.....

“...,to wit”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2013

Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text>Great ending to a horrible situation....Don't know if you recall this...but i believe that is the same Cleveland neighborhood, where the guy had killed and buried all the prostitutes around his house?.....
I wondered about that.

“...,to wit”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2013

Judged:

Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text>Sorry PEllen, beat the Heat?...lol...not a prayer, this Heat team is even better than last years...You just witnessed your miracle for this season....I'd have a little attitude about Derek, after all this.....
PEllen wrote:
<quoted text>Can you imagine what a powerhouse the Bulls would be if they had Derek Rose, Luol Deng, Kurt Heinrich and the other guys playing, too? It will be sweet to beat the Heat
Sorry PEllen, beat the Heat?...lol...not a prayer, this Heat team is even better than last years...You just witnessed your miracle for this season....I'd have a little attitude about Derek, after all this.....

Nyah nyah nyah nyah.

(ahem,) Just cause you pay high proces doesn't mean you get the goods.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2013

Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text>Great ending to a horrible situation....Don't know if you recall this...but i believe that is the same Cleveland neighborhood, where the guy had killed and buried all the prostitutes around his house?.....
I haven't heard of THAT story (that I recall, anyway), but this story is amazing. And a sad twist is, it'll give false hope to people who have a lost/missing loved one.

But these three families... I am so happy for them!

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2013

Darlin, i believe you witnessed...YOUR MIRACLE FOR THIS SEASON, TOO....lol.....i fear, we have awoken a sleeping giant......(evil laugh)......

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2013

Judged:

I love that the black guy who saved the three women (or who is credited with much of it) is quoted as saying (and now I"m paraphrasing), " I knew something was wrong when this young pretty white girl ran into the arms of a black man." (referring to himself)

I love this guy Charles. He heard screaming, and he DID something. He investigated.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2013

Softball last night: We're 2-0! I had to pitch b/c our pitcher just had surgery. I hadn't pitched since last year. Man, if you can throw a horseshoe accurately, you can pitch slow-pitch.

Game tonight (subbing) and THursday nigth (subbing) as well. I think I over committed.

“...,to wit”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2013

Go Blue Forever wrote:
Darlin, i believe you witnessed...YOUR MIRACLE FOR THIS SEASON, TOO....lol.....i fear, we have awoken a sleeping giant......(evil laugh)......
I can't be your Darlin', I am already Edog's honey and I am not that kind of girl.

But everyone needs their fantasy on the court or off, so dream on.

“Checks and Balances”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2013

RedheadwGlasses wrote:
Softball last night: We're 2-0! I had to pitch b/c our pitcher just had surgery. I hadn't pitched since last year. Man, if you can throw a horseshoe accurately, you can pitch slow-pitch.

Game tonight (subbing) and THursday nigth (subbing) as well. I think I over committed.
The league my husband is playing in now is unlimited arc. That is crazy. The guys are having a hard time adjusting to that.

You are going to be hurting on Friday and Saturday!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2013

ScarletandOlive wrote:
<quoted text>
The league my husband is playing in now is unlimited arc. That is crazy. The guys are having a hard time adjusting to that.
You are going to be hurting on Friday and Saturday!
Wow, those high pitches can be difficult to hit when they come back down.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 84,081 - 84,100 of96,050
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

70 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 4 min woodtick57 1,032,985
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 8 min wojar 167,439
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 14 min JOEL COOL DUDE 65,051
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 24 min limburger cheese sweety 42,950
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 2 hr Registered Earth Angel 47,014
Abby 4-17 2 hr RACE 23
Amy 4-17 2 hr Sublime1 17
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••