|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2013

ScarletandOlive wrote:
<quoted text>
The league my husband is playing in now is unlimited arc. That is crazy. The guys are having a hard time adjusting to that.
You are going to be hurting on Friday and Saturday!
Wow, those high pitches can be difficult to hit when they come back down.

“Fort Kickass”

Since: Sep 09

Bloomington, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2013

Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe I'm not understanding you, but it sounds like you're saying it was a bad business model in the sense that they were not making money cause they were not charging enough and that $30 is a bargain. I think that's crazy. I think that's a lot to charge. The way I see it, not many people are going to go spend $30 to play video games if they have to play per game. To me, you get more people in and paying $30 with the promise of unlimited play. Certainly more people that would pay $30 a la carte.
I have no idea where in Chicago your Disney Quest was, but ours is at Downtown Disney, which is in the middle of Disney's own entertainment/nightlife property(Cirque du Soleil, House of Blues, Planet Hollywood, lots of restaurants and shops, huge movie theater, bowling alley, hot air balloon, boat rides(and that's just some of the stuff on 1/3 of the property. Lots of tourists. Free shuttle buses and boats to and from the Disney hotels. I'd bet more people would think less about dropping $30pp for this kind of thing while on vacation than they would for a local attraction. I only went cause I had free passes.
$30...or $34 as the article states IS a bargain. Unlimited games for a whole day? I can't go to the local mall arcade and make that much money anywhere close to that long.

http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/disneyques...

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2013

Judged:

Okay, I thought this post was funny as heck, in the Wapo, to the article on the women in Ohio who escaped:

These girls were all abducted under the BUSH administration, and found under Obama's!

Great job, Obama! LOL!

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2013

RedheadwGlasses wrote:
Okay, I thought this post was funny as heck, in the Wapo, to the article on the women in Ohio who escaped:
These girls were all abducted under the BUSH administration, and found under Obama's!
Great job, Obama! LOL!
...LOL....But, not the black limo driver, that does'nt know why, he did'nt try to pull over quicker when the girl's were screaming or did'nt try to open the doors, after he got out......

“...,to wit”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2013

Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text>...LOL....But, not the black limo driver, that does'nt know why, he did'nt try to pull over quicker when the girl's were screaming or did'nt try to open the doors, after he got out......
The not opening the doors part is very strange. I see lots of law suits against teh limo manufacturerfor that- more money than just against teh limo company. Also be very interesting to see the cause and origin of the fire itself.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2013

I assumed that it was a safety lock thing -- you have a bunch of drunk adults in the back, so you use the child protection locks so the drunk folks don't accidentally open a door and fall out.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2013

RedheadwGlasses wrote:
I assumed that it was a safety lock thing -- you have a bunch of drunk adults in the back, so you use the child protection locks so the drunk folks don't accidentally open a door and fall out.
...They(child-locks) would'nt have stopped it being opened from the outside.....

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2013

Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text>...They(child-locks) would'nt have stopped it being opened from the outside.....
I meant, it would have kept them from opening the doors from the inside, in the back of the limo.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2013

Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text>...They(child-locks) would'nt have stopped it being opened from the outside.....
Yes, they would have. At least on my car, when the child safety locks are on, you cannot open that door from the outside. The driver's door has a button to unlock all the other doors.

“Licensed to Ill”

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2013

Going to see Iron Man 3 after work with some friends at the IMAX. Anyone seen it? Is it good?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2013

Sublime1 wrote:
Going to see Iron Man 3 after work with some friends at the IMAX. Anyone seen it? Is it good?
I thought it was stupid.

Nick and his 11yo loved it. Other people I know who've seen it -- both genders, all ages -- loved it. I'm the only one I know who thought it was dumb.

“Checks and Balances”

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2013

Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text>...LOL....But, not the black limo driver, that does'nt know why, he did'nt try to pull over quicker when the girl's were screaming or did'nt try to open the doors, after he got out......
What does the limo driver's race have to do with that story, unless you were just stretching to segue from one topic to the next?

I don't usually respond to your posts because I really have a hard time making sense of them, but this one is just ridiculous.

http://touch.latimes.com/#section/-1/article/...
Stina

Saint Petersburg, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2013

ScarletandOlive wrote:
<quoted text>
What does the limo driver's race have to do with that story, unless you were just stretching to segue from one topic to the next?
I don't usually respond to your posts because I really have a hard time making sense of them, but this one is just ridiculous.
http://touch.latimes.com/#section/-1/article/...
I hadn't heard about the limo thing till now - that's horrible!

“I Am Mine”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2013

Matilda77 wrote:
<quoted text>
$30...or $34 as the article states IS a bargain. Unlimited games for a whole day? I can't go to the local mall arcade and make that much money anywhere close to that long.
http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/disneyques...
guess i'm old. I remember thinking going to the arcade with $3 on double token day was the shit. That would keep me busy for 4 hours. My mother wiuld have laughed her ass off if i asked for $15.

“Licensed to Ill”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2013

RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>
I thought it was stupid.
Nick and his 11yo loved it. Other people I know who've seen it -- both genders, all ages -- loved it. I'm the only one I know who thought it was dumb.
Thanks.

Did you like the last 2? I didn't like the 2nd one as much as the first one, but I was glad I saw it. They all kind of tie into the avengers too. There are little clues in each of the marvel movies. That was clever of them to have had the foresight to do all that, I think.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2013

Sublime1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks.
Did you like the last 2? I didn't like the 2nd one as much as the first one, but I was glad I saw it. They all kind of tie into the avengers too. There are little clues in each of the marvel movies. That was clever of them to have had the foresight to do all that, I think.
I liked the first one, didn't like the 2nd one.

"THe Mandarin" is an awesome character in this. THere's a good scene with him and a bathroom and two hot chicks. I won't tell you more lest I ruin the fun.

Nick would agree that the second one was lacking (I didn't like the Don Cheadle character at all).

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2013

Nick also said that Downey Jr. gets like 5% of the profits of the movie. Considering that the third installment has already made several hundred million dollars, he was smart to put that in his contract up front when this all started.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2013

Oh, and Sub: I do not like movie previews because they give WAY too much away, but the preview for the new THor movie LOOKS AMAZING.

Also, the new Kickass movie looks effing awesome.

“The two baby belly, please!”

Since: Sep 09

Evanston IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2013

“Licensed to Ill”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2013

RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>
I liked the first one, didn't like the 2nd one.
"THe Mandarin" is an awesome character in this. THere's a good scene with him and a bathroom and two hot chicks. I won't tell you more lest I ruin the fun.
Nick would agree that the second one was lacking (I didn't like the Don Cheadle character at all).
Thanks. Oh good. I'll probably like the 3rd one if he liked it but thought the 2nd one was lacking.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 84,081 - 84,100 of97,432
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

72 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 14 min John Galt 1,071,764
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 29 min LRS 173,573
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 30 min Stuart Cudahy 45,444
Last word + 2 (Mar '12) 55 min andet1987 388
I Hate my life and mom (Aug '07) 2 hr hands on AR 1,756
Negra Nagin gets 10 years-YEAH 2 hr hands on AR 5
IL Who do you support for Governor in Illinois in ... (Oct '10) 3 hr george 3,812
•••
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••