Topix Chitown Regulars

“The two baby belly, please!”

Since: Sep 09

Evanston IL

#85284 May 7, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
squishy: I have seen so few episodes (not even 10), I feel like I should stop and start from the beginning, but I look forward to watching them when I can.
What do you think of Grimm's girlfriend/fiancee? I admit, I don't like her and I just keep thinking how skinny she is (like, too skinny), and I fixate on that when she's on the screen.
I had that initial reaction too but I seem to like her better in the 2nd season. <mimishrug>

Evanston IL

#85285 May 7, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>
They changed the time! It was Fridays at 8, now it's Tuesdays at 9. I love Nick Grimm. Yum.
Nick is cute but I'm all about some Captain Renard. Even if he's a sorta baddie.

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#85286 May 7, 2013
Okay, I promise to give her a chance.

Location hidden

#85287 May 7, 2013
OOOHHH this show is so effing good!!!

Location hidden

#85288 May 7, 2013
I missed the shows where the police commissioner became a good guy!!!

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#85289 May 7, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>My guys here at work do that! Each month, a different guy has to plan the night, and buys the first round.

Kickass: THIS MOVIE IS AWESOME. Hilarious, full of energy and stunts and effects. And to hear a 12yo girl use the C word is so shocking you can't help but laugh. So yeah, you need to see it before the next one comes out. Nick and I both loved it. My comedians on the movie podcast loved it, too.

I counted at least three Marvel comic movies in the previews on Sunday.
Yeah, the new Thor preview looked good.

I thought iron man was okay. I thought it was a little better than the second one. I'm thinking getting Stark to sign onto joining the avengers again is going to be an important part of the plot of the next avengers ...(did you stay and watch after the credits ... I like Ruffalo a lot ... He's perfect for Banner).

My gosh Gwyneth Paltrow seems to almost get hotter with age... I've always liked her.

I'll check out kick a$s.

“reign in blood”

Since: May 09

Wilmington, IL

#85290 May 8, 2013

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#85291 May 8, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
squishy: I have seen so few episodes (not even 10), I feel like I should stop and start from the beginning, but I look forward to watching them when I can.
What do you think of Grimm's girlfriend/fiancee? I admit, I don't like her and I just keep thinking how skinny she is (like, too skinny), and I fixate on that when she's on the screen.
I think her character need's to snap out of it....and pronto....he has put up with this, longer than us even...lol.....We hate that they moved it from 9 to 10, and friday to tuesdays......

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me! Charlie

#85292 May 8, 2013
one is not showing, the abby link just takes you to the forum page.
edogxxx wrote:

Location hidden

#85293 May 8, 2013
go blueforever: I like that they moved to Tuesdays because being on Fridays, I hardly got to see it. I"m gone every other Friday, at a minimum.

“...,to wit”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#85294 May 8, 2013
RACE wrote:
one is not showing, the abby link just takes you to the forum page.
<quoted text>
The Abby column is a pitch to buy her Cookbooklet. The second letter is from somone who is offended by being called fat before she goes to law school. I have now saved you precious moments of your life.
You're welcome.

Location hidden

#85295 May 8, 2013
PEllen wrote:
<quoted text>The Abby column is a pitch to buy her Cookbooklet. The second letter is from somone who is offended by being called fat before she goes to law school. I have now saved you precious moments of your life.
You're welcome.
Thank you. ; )

#85296 May 8, 2013
I love fat jokes!
PEllen wrote:
<quoted text>The Abby column is a pitch to buy her Cookbooklet. The second letter is from somone who is offended by being called fat before she goes to law school. I have now saved you precious moments of your life.
You're welcome.

“Checks and Balances”

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

#85297 May 8, 2013
I am probably going to regret this, but I think it is important to share data to help balance emotion.

http://www.latimes.com/news/nation/nationnow/...

“Checks and Balances”

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

#85298 May 8, 2013
Oh, I should have warned that it is about gun crime data.

Evanston IL

#85299 May 8, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
I missed the shows where the police commissioner became a good guy!!!
Eh, he's not *that* good. He has his own agenda (not sure exactly what it is, of course) and would put Nick in danger to achieve it.

#85300 May 8, 2013
You people need to pick up your game here. So few posts to respond to, I am actually getting work done. If this keeps up, they are going to expect this level of performance from me.

Evanston IL

#85301 May 8, 2013
So Dickie did not get the new job. The guy that quit decided he'd made a huge mistake and was able to get his old job back. Grrr.

But the department really liked him, so they're working on finding some money to add another position. We'll see how that goes; neither of us is holding our breath, especailly since he still not making his numbers in the sales gig. His new territory sucks so he's still worried about getting fired. Very stressful for Dickie right now.
:(

On a happier note, I'm leaving early today to surprise Lulu at a school performance. I can't wait to see the look on her face!
Stina

Saint Petersburg, FL

#85302 May 8, 2013
ScarletandOlive wrote:
I am probably going to regret this, but I think it is important to share data to help balance emotion.
http://www.latimes.com/news/nation/nationnow/...
Thank you for sharing this!!!
Stina

Saint Petersburg, FL

#85303 May 8, 2013
squishymama wrote:
So Dickie did not get the new job. The guy that quit decided he'd made a huge mistake and was able to get his old job back. Grrr.
But the department really liked him, so they're working on finding some money to add another position. We'll see how that goes; neither of us is holding our breath, especailly since he still not making his numbers in the sales gig. His new territory sucks so he's still worried about getting fired. Very stressful for Dickie right now.
:(
On a happier note, I'm leaving early today to surprise Lulu at a school performance. I can't wait to see the look on her face!
So sorry to hear that!!! I hope they find a spot for him soon!!!

And Lulu will be thrilled! I did that once for lunch with my daughter and you would have thought she saw a ghost!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 min Dr Guru 197,031
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 min Into The Night 54,514
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 1 min Yeah 1,275,921
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 3 hr Pennie Lane 6,418
DONALD TRUMP REVEALED as NIGERIAN PRINCE ! ..bi... 7 hr TRUMP ADMENSTRUATION 1
Loan shark, loan lender, Apply for loan offer 7 hr MonicaJ 1
Fast loan needed for urgent purpose?. Apply now. (Apr '14) 7 hr MonicaJ 2
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages