Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#85236 May 7, 2013
ScarletandOlive wrote:
<quoted text>
I first heard about it when I got the CNN alert, and when I googled it the international sites all had timestamps earlier than the articles than the US articles. I could see that if the US articles had been updated, but they often had even less info than the international articles.
I am so embarrassed by the state of our news/communications services. The online site of our state newspaper is often unreadable because there are so many typos and grammatical errors. No one is bothered by putting out half of the story because they would rather put out misinformation than nothing.
No excuse for that, I know, but remember that newspapers are losing money. they've lost paper subscribers and ad revenue is way down. They need a new business model.

“Checks and Balances”

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

#85237 May 7, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>No excuse for that, I know, but remember that newspapers are losing money. they've lost paper subscribers and ad revenue is way down. They need a new business model.
It's a cycle. I rarely go to that site anymore because it's so unreadable.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#85238 May 7, 2013
Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text> Maybe you just have not looked in hte right place. I actually saw a news clip earlier this evening posted to Facebook BEFORE I watched the show. Looked like 5 o-clock local news. Was just extra freaky when that's what the tv show story was about and then the news scrolled across the screen.
http://www.newsnet5.com/dpp/news/local_news/c...
Great ending to a horrible situation....Don't know if you recall this...but i believe that is the same Cleveland neighborhood, where the guy had killed and buried all the prostitutes around his house?.....

“...,to wit”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#85239 May 7, 2013
Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text>Great ending to a horrible situation....Don't know if you recall this...but i believe that is the same Cleveland neighborhood, where the guy had killed and buried all the prostitutes around his house?.....
I wondered about that.

“...,to wit”

Location hidden

#85240 May 7, 2013
Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text>Sorry PEllen, beat the Heat?...lol...not a prayer, this Heat team is even better than last years...You just witnessed your miracle for this season....I'd have a little attitude about Derek, after all this.....
PEllen wrote:
<quoted text>Can you imagine what a powerhouse the Bulls would be if they had Derek Rose, Luol Deng, Kurt Heinrich and the other guys playing, too? It will be sweet to beat the Heat
Sorry PEllen, beat the Heat?...lol...not a prayer, this Heat team is even better than last years...You just witnessed your miracle for this season....I'd have a little attitude about Derek, after all this.....

Nyah nyah nyah nyah.

(ahem,) Just cause you pay high proces doesn't mean you get the goods.

Location hidden

#85241 May 7, 2013
Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text>Great ending to a horrible situation....Don't know if you recall this...but i believe that is the same Cleveland neighborhood, where the guy had killed and buried all the prostitutes around his house?.....
I haven't heard of THAT story (that I recall, anyway), but this story is amazing. And a sad twist is, it'll give false hope to people who have a lost/missing loved one.

But these three families... I am so happy for them!

Location hidden

#85242 May 7, 2013
Darlin, i believe you witnessed...YOUR MIRACLE FOR THIS SEASON, TOO....lol.....i fear, we have awoken a sleeping giant......(evil laugh)......

Location hidden

#85243 May 7, 2013
I love that the black guy who saved the three women (or who is credited with much of it) is quoted as saying (and now I"m paraphrasing), " I knew something was wrong when this young pretty white girl ran into the arms of a black man." (referring to himself)

I love this guy Charles. He heard screaming, and he DID something. He investigated.

Location hidden

#85244 May 7, 2013
Softball last night: We're 2-0! I had to pitch b/c our pitcher just had surgery. I hadn't pitched since last year. Man, if you can throw a horseshoe accurately, you can pitch slow-pitch.

Game tonight (subbing) and THursday nigth (subbing) as well. I think I over committed.

“...,to wit”

Location hidden

#85245 May 7, 2013
Go Blue Forever wrote:
Darlin, i believe you witnessed...YOUR MIRACLE FOR THIS SEASON, TOO....lol.....i fear, we have awoken a sleeping giant......(evil laugh)......
I can't be your Darlin', I am already Edog's honey and I am not that kind of girl.

But everyone needs their fantasy on the court or off, so dream on.

“Checks and Balances”

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

#85246 May 7, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
Softball last night: We're 2-0! I had to pitch b/c our pitcher just had surgery. I hadn't pitched since last year. Man, if you can throw a horseshoe accurately, you can pitch slow-pitch.

Game tonight (subbing) and THursday nigth (subbing) as well. I think I over committed.
The league my husband is playing in now is unlimited arc. That is crazy. The guys are having a hard time adjusting to that.

You are going to be hurting on Friday and Saturday!

Location hidden

#85247 May 7, 2013
ScarletandOlive wrote:
<quoted text>
The league my husband is playing in now is unlimited arc. That is crazy. The guys are having a hard time adjusting to that.
You are going to be hurting on Friday and Saturday!
Wow, those high pitches can be difficult to hit when they come back down.

“Fort Kickass”

Since: Sep 09

Bloomington, IL

#85248 May 7, 2013
Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe I'm not understanding you, but it sounds like you're saying it was a bad business model in the sense that they were not making money cause they were not charging enough and that $30 is a bargain. I think that's crazy. I think that's a lot to charge. The way I see it, not many people are going to go spend $30 to play video games if they have to play per game. To me, you get more people in and paying $30 with the promise of unlimited play. Certainly more people that would pay $30 a la carte.
I have no idea where in Chicago your Disney Quest was, but ours is at Downtown Disney, which is in the middle of Disney's own entertainment/nightlife property(Cirque du Soleil, House of Blues, Planet Hollywood, lots of restaurants and shops, huge movie theater, bowling alley, hot air balloon, boat rides(and that's just some of the stuff on 1/3 of the property. Lots of tourists. Free shuttle buses and boats to and from the Disney hotels. I'd bet more people would think less about dropping $30pp for this kind of thing while on vacation than they would for a local attraction. I only went cause I had free passes.
$30...or $34 as the article states IS a bargain. Unlimited games for a whole day? I can't go to the local mall arcade and make that much money anywhere close to that long.

http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/disneyques...

Location hidden

#85249 May 7, 2013
Okay, I thought this post was funny as heck, in the Wapo, to the article on the women in Ohio who escaped:

These girls were all abducted under the BUSH administration, and found under Obama's!

Great job, Obama! LOL!

Location hidden

#85250 May 7, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
Okay, I thought this post was funny as heck, in the Wapo, to the article on the women in Ohio who escaped:
These girls were all abducted under the BUSH administration, and found under Obama's!
Great job, Obama! LOL!
...LOL....But, not the black limo driver, that does'nt know why, he did'nt try to pull over quicker when the girl's were screaming or did'nt try to open the doors, after he got out......

“...,to wit”

Location hidden

#85251 May 7, 2013
Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text>...LOL....But, not the black limo driver, that does'nt know why, he did'nt try to pull over quicker when the girl's were screaming or did'nt try to open the doors, after he got out......
The not opening the doors part is very strange. I see lots of law suits against teh limo manufacturerfor that- more money than just against teh limo company. Also be very interesting to see the cause and origin of the fire itself.

Location hidden

#85252 May 7, 2013
I assumed that it was a safety lock thing -- you have a bunch of drunk adults in the back, so you use the child protection locks so the drunk folks don't accidentally open a door and fall out.

Location hidden

#85253 May 7, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
I assumed that it was a safety lock thing -- you have a bunch of drunk adults in the back, so you use the child protection locks so the drunk folks don't accidentally open a door and fall out.
...They(child-locks) would'nt have stopped it being opened from the outside.....

Location hidden

#85254 May 7, 2013
Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text>...They(child-locks) would'nt have stopped it being opened from the outside.....
I meant, it would have kept them from opening the doors from the inside, in the back of the limo.

Location hidden

#85255 May 7, 2013
Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text>...They(child-locks) would'nt have stopped it being opened from the outside.....
Yes, they would have. At least on my car, when the child safety locks are on, you cannot open that door from the outside. The driver's door has a button to unlock all the other doors.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 4 min factcheck 47,495
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 5 min MITT from URANUS 1,126,231
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 12 min jacques Ottawa 179,350
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 20 min Jonah1 50,617
Car Paint, Paint and Various cosmetics products... 47 min johnson 1
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 58 min Mandela 68,650
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 1 hr Frijoles 70,076
Chicago Dating
Find my Match

Chicago Jobs

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]