Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#85250 May 7, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
Okay, I thought this post was funny as heck, in the Wapo, to the article on the women in Ohio who escaped:
These girls were all abducted under the BUSH administration, and found under Obama's!
Great job, Obama! LOL!
...LOL....But, not the black limo driver, that does'nt know why, he did'nt try to pull over quicker when the girl's were screaming or did'nt try to open the doors, after he got out......

“...,to wit”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#85251 May 7, 2013
Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text>...LOL....But, not the black limo driver, that does'nt know why, he did'nt try to pull over quicker when the girl's were screaming or did'nt try to open the doors, after he got out......
The not opening the doors part is very strange. I see lots of law suits against teh limo manufacturerfor that- more money than just against teh limo company. Also be very interesting to see the cause and origin of the fire itself.

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#85252 May 7, 2013
I assumed that it was a safety lock thing -- you have a bunch of drunk adults in the back, so you use the child protection locks so the drunk folks don't accidentally open a door and fall out.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#85253 May 7, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
I assumed that it was a safety lock thing -- you have a bunch of drunk adults in the back, so you use the child protection locks so the drunk folks don't accidentally open a door and fall out.
...They(child-locks) would'nt have stopped it being opened from the outside.....

Location hidden

#85254 May 7, 2013
Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text>...They(child-locks) would'nt have stopped it being opened from the outside.....
I meant, it would have kept them from opening the doors from the inside, in the back of the limo.

Location hidden

#85255 May 7, 2013
Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text>...They(child-locks) would'nt have stopped it being opened from the outside.....
Yes, they would have. At least on my car, when the child safety locks are on, you cannot open that door from the outside. The driver's door has a button to unlock all the other doors.

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#85256 May 7, 2013
Going to see Iron Man 3 after work with some friends at the IMAX. Anyone seen it? Is it good?

Location hidden

#85257 May 7, 2013
Sublime1 wrote:
Going to see Iron Man 3 after work with some friends at the IMAX. Anyone seen it? Is it good?
I thought it was stupid.

Nick and his 11yo loved it. Other people I know who've seen it -- both genders, all ages -- loved it. I'm the only one I know who thought it was dumb.

“Checks and Balances”

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

#85258 May 7, 2013
Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text>...LOL....But, not the black limo driver, that does'nt know why, he did'nt try to pull over quicker when the girl's were screaming or did'nt try to open the doors, after he got out......
What does the limo driver's race have to do with that story, unless you were just stretching to segue from one topic to the next?

I don't usually respond to your posts because I really have a hard time making sense of them, but this one is just ridiculous.

http://touch.latimes.com/#section/-1/article/...
Stina

Saint Petersburg, FL

#85259 May 7, 2013
ScarletandOlive wrote:
<quoted text>
What does the limo driver's race have to do with that story, unless you were just stretching to segue from one topic to the next?
I don't usually respond to your posts because I really have a hard time making sense of them, but this one is just ridiculous.
http://touch.latimes.com/#section/-1/article/...
I hadn't heard about the limo thing till now - that's horrible!

“I Am Mine”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#85260 May 7, 2013
Matilda77 wrote:
<quoted text>
$30...or $34 as the article states IS a bargain. Unlimited games for a whole day? I can't go to the local mall arcade and make that much money anywhere close to that long.
http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/disneyques...
guess i'm old. I remember thinking going to the arcade with $3 on double token day was the shit. That would keep me busy for 4 hours. My mother wiuld have laughed her ass off if i asked for $15.

Location hidden

#85261 May 7, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>
I thought it was stupid.
Nick and his 11yo loved it. Other people I know who've seen it -- both genders, all ages -- loved it. I'm the only one I know who thought it was dumb.
Thanks.

Did you like the last 2? I didn't like the 2nd one as much as the first one, but I was glad I saw it. They all kind of tie into the avengers too. There are little clues in each of the marvel movies. That was clever of them to have had the foresight to do all that, I think.

Location hidden

#85262 May 7, 2013
Sublime1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks.
Did you like the last 2? I didn't like the 2nd one as much as the first one, but I was glad I saw it. They all kind of tie into the avengers too. There are little clues in each of the marvel movies. That was clever of them to have had the foresight to do all that, I think.
I liked the first one, didn't like the 2nd one.

"THe Mandarin" is an awesome character in this. THere's a good scene with him and a bathroom and two hot chicks. I won't tell you more lest I ruin the fun.

Nick would agree that the second one was lacking (I didn't like the Don Cheadle character at all).

Location hidden

#85263 May 7, 2013
Nick also said that Downey Jr. gets like 5% of the profits of the movie. Considering that the third installment has already made several hundred million dollars, he was smart to put that in his contract up front when this all started.

Location hidden

#85264 May 7, 2013
Oh, and Sub: I do not like movie previews because they give WAY too much away, but the preview for the new THor movie LOOKS AMAZING.

Also, the new Kickass movie looks effing awesome.

“The two baby belly, please!”

Since: Sep 09

Evanston IL

#85265 May 7, 2013

Location hidden

#85266 May 7, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>
I liked the first one, didn't like the 2nd one.
"THe Mandarin" is an awesome character in this. THere's a good scene with him and a bathroom and two hot chicks. I won't tell you more lest I ruin the fun.
Nick would agree that the second one was lacking (I didn't like the Don Cheadle character at all).
Thanks. Oh good. I'll probably like the 3rd one if he liked it but thought the 2nd one was lacking.

Location hidden

#85267 May 7, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
Nick also said that Downey Jr. gets like 5% of the profits of the movie. Considering that the third installment has already made several hundred million dollars, he was smart to put that in his contract up front when this all started.
Yeah, he does. Any movie. He got that same percent for the avengers I think.

Location hidden

#85268 May 7, 2013
I mean any movie where he plays iron man, of course.

Location hidden

#85269 May 7, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
Oh, and Sub: I do not like movie previews because they give WAY too much away, but the preview for the new THor movie LOOKS AMAZING.
Also, the new Kickass movie looks effing awesome.
Cool. I've liked pretty much all the marvel movies, except captain America I wasn't too crazy about.

I haven't seen the 1st kick-ass. I'll have to check it out.

I hope to get out and see more adult movies now that my kids are getting older. With this group of buds I'm meeting tonight, we are actually going to try to meet up once a month for drinks and dinner and then see a movie. Tonight is the first night.

My buddy who organized it is so fun to hang with and so is his gf. She was my real estate agent ... that's how we became good friends with them ... they party like rock stars.

He posted on facebook on Cinco de Mayo something to the effect of, "you know it's time to leave the Mexican restaurant when Angie (his gf) starts asking the waiters about Mexican gang signs." She had one too many margaritas. Bambi and I were laughing our a$ses off. They are a riot.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 4 min Emperor OZero 1,141,254
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 21 min KiMerde 51,234
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 25 min wojar 180,588
NO CANADA OIL to TX-OK! 48 min NO CANADA OIL TO ... 1
Need a business partner. 1 hr bulbul 1
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 2 hr Always Smile 4,858
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 2 hr IBdaMann 48,357
Chicago Dating
Find my Match

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 6:00 am PST

Bleacher Report 6:00AM
Predictions for Bears' Week 12 Matchup
NBC Sports 7:46 AM
Jay Cutler wants to keep on rolling (out)
NBC Sports11:16 AM
Colts rule out Dwayne Allen and Gosder Cherilus
NBC Sports12:50 PM
Rob Gronkowski fined $8,268 for bouncer move
NFL 1:30 PM
Colt McCoy 'pushing' Robert Griffin III, Gruden says