Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#85216 May 6, 2013
Aw, sorry your mom died, Matt,b ut she was freakin 94! That's old! Good for her!

I once wrote a nice letter to Matt back before the Simpsons were on the air, and he sent me a bunch of free stuff.(This was in the days of his "Life is hell," "school is hell," etc.)

Location hidden

#85217 May 6, 2013
Now I'm curious, at what point does a bloody pad become ... does it get moldy? What happens?

“boredom made me do it”

Since: Aug 08

ny, ny

#85218 May 6, 2013
Matilda77 wrote:
Ooh, and one more fun SIL story. Cover your eyes, boys, this one ain't pretty. Trumps any of the nasty stuff we found in her room at our house, any day of the...month?
My MIL has apparently FINALLY taken to gutting SIL's room at their house. Guess what she finds in SIL's closet? Again, spoiler alert, this is gross. Multiple pairs of underwear with used maxipads still attached! Ta daaaa! We have a contender for Hoarders. Just...couldn't be bothered to wrap those up and put them in the garbage, we'll just chuck the whole mess in the closet.
And, their house smells like smoke and cat so much that the smell of...that...was not even noticed. Awesome!
I am officially grossed out. Wayyyyyyyyy out. I need brain bleach.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#85219 May 6, 2013
animaniactoo wrote:
<quoted text>
I am officially grossed out. Wayyyyyyyyy out. I need brain bleach.
Maybe she sell's them on E-bay?....sorry......

“Checks and Balances”

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

#85220 May 6, 2013
Ok, I gotta change the subject.

I know next to nothing about hockey, but I know that it is a really physically taxing sport. This guy amazes me.

http://www.twincities.com/sports/ci_23178351/...

Toj

“Equality”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#85221 May 6, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
Now I'm curious, at what point does a bloody pad become ... does it gt moldy? What happens?
Sounds like a question for Loose Canon, right?

I would think the blood would just dry up. Thinking about the times they find old blood in crime scenes on TV. No that's not real, but...

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#85222 May 6, 2013
ScarletandOlive wrote:
I know next to nothing about hockey, but I know that it is a really physically taxing sport. This guy amazes me.
Yeah, i watched most of that game, and he's an amazing goalie....MS and all.....Hawks are gonna win, though....lol....

“Fort Kickass”

Since: Sep 09

Bloomington, IL

#85223 May 6, 2013
animaniactoo wrote:
<quoted text>I am officially grossed out. Wayyyyyyyyy out. I need brain bleach.
Sorry. It was one of those "If I have to know this, so does someone else" type things.

“Fort Kickass”

Since: Sep 09

Bloomington, IL

#85224 May 6, 2013
Is there anything better than drinking outside after a stupidly long winter?

“What's it to ya?”

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#85225 May 6, 2013
OMG it's so hot....82 freaking degrees!

“I Am Mine”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#85226 May 6, 2013
Matilda77 wrote:
<quoted text>
IIRC, we paid about 30 bucks to get in and then played unlimited video games for 8 hours, breaking for lunch to eat at Ed's. Not really a good business model on their end, affordable fun for poor college students.
Maybe I'm not understanding you, but it sounds like you're saying it was a bad business model in the sense that they were not making money cause they were not charging enough and that $30 is a bargain. I think that's crazy. I think that's a lot to charge. The way I see it, not many people are going to go spend $30 to play video games if they have to play per game. To me, you get more people in and paying $30 with the promise of unlimited play. Certainly more people that would pay $30 a la carte.

I have no idea where in Chicago your Disney Quest was, but ours is at Downtown Disney, which is in the middle of Disney's own entertainment/nightlife property(Cirque du Soleil, House of Blues, Planet Hollywood, lots of restaurants and shops, huge movie theater, bowling alley, hot air balloon, boat rides(and that's just some of the stuff on 1/3 of the property. Lots of tourists. Free shuttle buses and boats to and from the Disney hotels. I'd bet more people would think less about dropping $30pp for this kind of thing while on vacation than they would for a local attraction. I only went cause I had free passes.

“I Am Mine”

Location hidden

#85227 May 6, 2013
Matilda77 wrote:
<quoted text>
IIRC, we paid about 30 bucks to get in and then played unlimited video games for 8 hours, breaking for lunch to eat at Ed's. Not really a good business model on their end, affordable fun for poor college students.
Oh, and like everything Disney, the current cost is always higher than you remember.

$46 for adults
$40 for kids

At least its free parking there. Go to one of the outdoor theme parks and its $14 a car.

Toj

“Equality”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#85228 May 6, 2013
Matilda77 wrote:
Is there anything better than drinking outside after a stupidly long winter?
No!

Some plants I ordered came today. Why couldn't they come during the weekend? Eh, they'll keep until I get to them on Friday. They're in little pots.

“I Am Mine”

Location hidden

#85229 May 6, 2013
Freaky. Watching Hawaii Five-O. Story about a girl kidnapped 10 year ago found dead. Breaking news at the bottom of the screen. Girl kidnapped 10 years ago found alive today.

“Checks and Balances”

Location hidden

#85230 May 6, 2013
Mister Tonka wrote:
Freaky. Watching Hawaii Five-O. Story about a girl kidnapped 10 year ago found dead. Breaking news at the bottom of the screen. Girl kidnapped 10 years ago found alive today.
I'm recording Hawaii Five-O, but I've been reading the article about the women they found. 3 of them who were abducted over 10 years ago. I can't imagine what their families are feeling tonight.

What I don't get is that the foreign news sites (Australia and the UK) have articles on this that are a couple of hours old, but it is just breaking in the US. Um, this is happening in Ohio, so how are they releasing the story so much faster?

“I Am Mine”

Location hidden

#85231 May 6, 2013
ScarletandOlive wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm recording Hawaii Five-O, but I've been reading the article about the women they found. 3 of them who were abducted over 10 years ago. I can't imagine what their families are feeling tonight.
What I don't get is that the foreign news sites (Australia and the UK) have articles on this that are a couple of hours old, but it is just breaking in the US. Um, this is happening in Ohio, so how are they releasing the story so much faster?
Maybe you just have not looked in hte right place. I actually saw a news clip earlier this evening posted to Facebook BEFORE I watched the show. Looked like 5 o-clock local news. Was just extra freaky when that's what the tv show story was about and then the news scrolled across the screen.

http://www.newsnet5.com/dpp/news/local_news/c...

“reign in blood”

Since: May 09

Wilmington, IL

#85232 May 7, 2013

“Checks and Balances”

Location hidden

#85233 May 7, 2013
Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text>Maybe you just have not looked in hte right place. I actually saw a news clip earlier this evening posted to Facebook BEFORE I watched the show. Looked like 5 o-clock local news. Was just extra freaky when that's what the tv show story was about and then the news scrolled across the screen.

http://www.newsnet5.com/dpp/news/local_news/c...
I first heard about it when I got the CNN alert, and when I googled it the international sites all had timestamps earlier than the articles than the US articles. I could see that if the US articles had been updated, but they often had even less info than the international articles.

I am so embarrassed by the state of our news/communications services. The online site of our state newspaper is often unreadable because there are so many typos and grammatical errors. No one is bothered by putting out half of the story because they would rather put out misinformation than nothing.

Location hidden

#85234 May 7, 2013
ScarletandOlive wrote:
Hey, he's our guy! GO WILD! Sunday's game was awesome, hoping for another win tonight. Harding is doing well -- and stepped up to the plate (so to speak) in game 1, after not playing for like two months.

I think young people with MS are thrilled to have him "representing" them and what they are capable of.

Location hidden

#85235 May 7, 2013
Also, that article is misleading. He hasn't missed most of the short season due to his MS... he wouldn't have played much anyway, because our regular goalie is very good.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 min mdbuilder 1,115,198
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 3 min Kristy 47,021
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 5 min Frijoles 69,523
PerfettoPerformanc2010 on eBay 10 min BarefootJoe 6
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 55 min wojar 178,603
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 1 hr KiMare 50,046
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 1 hr Wolverine33 4,743
Chicago Dating

more search filters

less search filters

Chicago Jobs

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]