Since: Sep 09

Bloomington, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 6, 2013

I made crock pot chicken tacos for Cinco, then ended up going to a pizza pub instead with my hockey team. So Cinco shall be celebrated tonight...and for the next several nights.

Since: Mar 09

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 6, 2013

Matilda77 wrote:
I made crock pot chicken tacos for Cinco, then ended up going to a pizza pub instead with my hockey team. So Cinco shall be celebrated tonight...and for the next several nights.
Nice.
:)

I watched the Sunfest fireworks (finale night) from the rooftop of my building, then went to a cool Mexican restaurant downtown and had guacamole and pork tacos. A wasted girl was at the bar next to me celebrating her 21st birthday and she was standing on her chair/barstool and it was inevitable that she'd fall. She landed HARD but rallied. I'm sure she's hurting this morning though!

Toj

“Equality”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 6, 2013

Matilda77 wrote:
<quoted text>
IIRC, we paid about 30 bucks to get in and then played unlimited video games for 8 hours, breaking for lunch to eat at Ed's. Not really a good business model on their end, affordable fun for poor college students.
I took my son at the time and I even had fun. We paid a price to get in but it only lasted for so long. I don't remember $30 for 8 hours. That's a good thing b/c I don't think I could have stayed there for 8 hours. I'm not that much into games. But they had some really good virtual reality things and whatnot. We went like twice.

“I Am Mine”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 6, 2013

Stina wrote:
Tonka: Did you do MK Sunday? It was a beautiful day! We ended up going Saturday. It rained some int he morning, but cleared up and was gorgeaous. Did Epcot for awhile, too. I am STILL wiped!
Dinsey Quest with the 6 yr old Friday. From 5 til close. 11 pm. Wife didn't think we'd last that long. Showed her!

Then MK Sunday from like 10 - 8pm

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 6, 2013

Got recruited into helping a friend move back into his house. Him and wife had moved to CA and rented out their house. Now he is back and wife will be along shortly. Invited him over for some chili. I am kinda sore today, I hate helping people.
Stina

Saint Petersburg, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 6, 2013

Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text>Dinsey Quest with the 6 yr old Friday. From 5 til close. 11 pm. Wife didn't think we'd last that long. Showed her!
Then MK Sunday from like 10 - 8pm
Is Disney Quest in Downtown Disney? Because I heard something cool abotu that, I think. We never checked it out, though. How much is it? Might be something fun to do with my niece and nephew this summer when they come down.

We did MK from about 9:30 till abotu 6:30 Saturday then spent 2 hours at Epcot. We thought about catching the electric parade at MK again, but we were too wiped and needed to get home and let the dogs out!

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 6, 2013

I was going to help a friend/coworker move on Saturday because he was so desperate, he emailed the whole company asking for help (two weeks ago). Then cabin opener got moved to Saturday and I had to bail on hepling him.

By the time cabin opener got moved to NEXT week, coworker was already annoying me by taking as much crap from our remodeled office (we're still remodeling)-- unwanted shelving (big stuff), countertops, etc. And I said to him, "Is it really the best time to be scavenging lots of big stuff, before you have to move all of your belongings into three different places?" (storage locker, pod, and his in-laws -- they sold their house and don't have a hosue to move into yet, so they're moving into his in-laws' house and divvying up their belongings to various storage places)

His attitude: "It's free, I want it, we'll have to move it again on Saturday and then again when we buy our next house."

Coutn me out. In the middle of selling a house and moving is not the time to start acquiring lots of crap for your future work bench/garage/basement.

“Checks and Balances”

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 6, 2013

j_m_w wrote:
Hello Regs! Did everyone have a nice weekend and Cinco de Mayo? We had one final storm on Friday evening but by 9ish it was clear and the rest of the weekend was beautiful.
Hi! I was going to type Good Morning, but realized that it's afternoon already. Where has half the day gone already?

I had a great weekend. The weather was beautiful here, no one got hurt playing sports and my MIL says that she is still sick, so we stayed home yesterday afternoon, finally planted flowers around the yard and barbecued for dinner. It was nice spending time with just the immediate family.

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 6, 2013

I would refuse to touch any of that stuff.
The guy i helped likes to "Manage" Umm, no way dude, get your ass over her and grab a box. He tried to wander off a few times, and every time I roped him back in. Besides not being his underling, I had other sheit I needed to do.
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
I was going to help a friend/coworker move on Saturday because he was so desperate, he emailed the whole company asking for help (two weeks ago). Then cabin opener got moved to Saturday and I had to bail on hepling him.
By the time cabin opener got moved to NEXT week, coworker was already annoying me by taking as much crap from our remodeled office (we're still remodeling)-- unwanted shelving (big stuff), countertops, etc. And I said to him, "Is it really the best time to be scavenging lots of big stuff, before you have to move all of your belongings into three different places?" (storage locker, pod, and his in-laws -- they sold their house and don't have a hosue to move into yet, so they're moving into his in-laws' house and divvying up their belongings to various storage places)
His attitude: "It's free, I want it, we'll have to move it again on Saturday and then again when we buy our next house."
Coutn me out. In the middle of selling a house and moving is not the time to start acquiring lots of crap for your future work bench/garage/basement.

“Fort Kickass”

Bloomington, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 6, 2013

Judged:

J went up to help SIL move out of her dorm last week and it sounds like she wasn't packed at all. Glad I wasn't there, I'd have had a stroke right then and there. Such a douche move. I know she had finals and all, but it's not that big of a room and you generally have a heads up as to when they're kicking you out. I'm sure she'll complain she can't find anything. C-word punch!

Then she and the fiance went on a church retreat this past weekend and they didn't bring cold weather clothes, since it HAD been nice and then the temps dropped. I kind of feel like they deserve each other. They're up at his parent's house and I hope they stay there until I leave for India. Or forever, whatever.

“The two baby belly, please!”

Evanston IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 6, 2013

Judged:

j_m_w wrote:
Hello Regs! Did everyone have a nice weekend and Cinco de Mayo? We had one final storm on Friday evening but by 9ish it was clear and the rest of the weekend was beautiful.
I also meant to answer this this morning, but somehow the morning go away from me.

We had a mostly great weekend. Lulu finally decided that putting her face in the water wasn't so bad after all, so I think she, along with Nunu, are going to get moved up to a group that is practicing actual swimming techniques. Very proud of her for overcoming her fear.

Then I had to sit through a cold and painful ice show rehearsal. Nunu missed two in a row and boy howdy, did it show. She was goofing off and chewing on her mitten instead of listening to the coach. I had to yell at her twice, which was not easy since it's in, yanno, an ice rink. Luckily a door was open down at the end they start the routine from and I could scold from there. Not pretty for either of us.

But Sunday was lovely; FIL picked the girls up for sunday school, church, lunch and playground. Dickie and I had a little fun, then he went golfing and I took a *really* long nap. Still had time to do some laundry before the girls got home. Then they immediately went outside to play with the neighbors, so I didn't really see them for another couple of hours. They'd run in to potty and then run back out. Then we all went back out after dinner to visit with the neighbors who had braved the cold to have a cinco de mayo dinner in the courtyard. I was out there in a down coat and fleece lined boots and wouldn't sit down on the metal chairs, so their fortitude impressed me.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 6, 2013

Judged:

My coworker said that she showed up at a friend's house to help them move (along with several other friends), and the friends moving hadn't even started packing yet. They were told, "put stuff in a box, take the boxes over to our new place, u8npack the stuff, and bring the boxes back here to be used again."

Sorry, maybe I"m mean, but at that point, I'm leaving and reclaiming my day. Maybe if your spouse or parent just died or your kid died or your kid is having heart surgery, THEN I would be more open to PACKING for you. But if you're just a doosh who didn't get around to doing it? Good news: You're on your own now.

“...,to wit”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 6, 2013

Judged:

RACE wrote:
get your ass over her and grab a box..
<quoted text>
Unedited. A truly great Freudian slip.

(reporting from the gutter in Chi-town). Sigh.

“Fort Kickass”

Bloomington, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 6, 2013

RedheadwGlasses wrote:
My coworker said that she showed up at a friend's house to help them move (along with several other friends), and the friends moving hadn't even started packing yet. They were told, "put stuff in a box, take the boxes over to our new place, u8npack the stuff, and bring the boxes back here to be used again."
Sorry, maybe I"m mean, but at that point, I'm leaving and reclaiming my day. Maybe if your spouse or parent just died or your kid died or your kid is having heart surgery, THEN I would be more open to PACKING for you. But if you're just a doosh who didn't get around to doing it? Good news: You're on your own now.
That's such a jerk move.

When I moved from my last apartment to my house, I had a few weeks in between closing on the house and my lease ending on the apartment. So everything I could fit in my 1997 Cavalier (multiple trips) was already at the house. This was a bit of a double-edged sword, since there wasn't really anything left to pad out the furniture in the U-Haul, but it worked. I lived on the 3rd floor, so I saved my friends a million trips up and down those stairs.

“It made sense at the time....”

Since: May 09

Schaumburg, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 6, 2013

Matilda77 wrote:
<quoted text>
That's such a jerk move.
When I moved from my last apartment to my house, I had a few weeks in between closing on the house and my lease ending on the apartment. So everything I could fit in my 1997 Cavalier (multiple trips) was already at the house. This was a bit of a double-edged sword, since there wasn't really anything left to pad out the furniture in the U-Haul, but it worked. I lived on the 3rd floor, so I saved my friends a million trips up and down those stairs.
we did somethign like that wehn we moved from teh condo into our house too... we had teh movers move the furniture and bring wardrobe boxes for teh closet stuff. easy peasy that way, and way less overwhelming for me. don't know what i'd do know if we moved frmo teh house. a whole hell of a lot of purging, tahts' ferdamsher. we're actually clearing some basement crap and taking it to my gramma's to add to her estate sale.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 6, 2013

Matilda77 wrote:
<quoted text>
That's such a jerk move.
I had the same problem -- spent a couple of weeks hauling car loads of boxes over to the new house, then when we had the uhaul and nothing but furniture, it would have been nice to have had boxes to fill in all those gaps.

Since: Mar 09

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 6, 2013

In my last move, we packed my friend's SUV to the gills with boxes. There were maybe 5 boxes left for the movers, otherwise just furniture. For A's move in March, we did the same thing: stuffed both of our cars to the roofs with smaller stuff and she had two guy friends do the furniture. Moving piecemeal is a PITA in a way but at the end of the day, I still think it's easier than all at once. Plus, A and I both took kitchen stuff over before we were actually staying at our new places so we were able to completely unpack the kitchens ahead of time, which saves a lot of time on the "real" moving day.

“Fort Kickass”

Bloomington, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 6, 2013

I guess SIL's fiance's dad was being a real tool on moving day. Just trying to control everyone and everything without really helping. Shoved SIL's printer in to her (read: MY) garbage can so hard that it cracked the thick plastic garbage can. Despite J telling him it wouldn't fit in there.

“Fort Kickass”

Bloomington, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 6, 2013

Judged:

Ooh, and one more fun SIL story. Cover your eyes, boys, this one ain't pretty. Trumps any of the nasty stuff we found in her room at our house, any day of the...month?

My MIL has apparently FINALLY taken to gutting SIL's room at their house. Guess what she finds in SIL's closet? Again, spoiler alert, this is gross. Multiple pairs of underwear with used maxipads still attached! Ta daaaa! We have a contender for Hoarders. Just...couldn't be bothered to wrap those up and put them in the garbage, we'll just chuck the whole mess in the closet.

And, their house smells like smoke and cat so much that the smell of...that...was not even noticed. Awesome!
Stina

Saint Petersburg, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 6, 2013

I moved the small stuff myself going from condo to house and had the movers do the furniture. I had about a month overlap of teh 2 places, too, so it helped that I could do it little by lettle. The 2 pleaces are only about 5 minutes apart, too.

The day I moved, the cable guys came over in the afternoon and couldn't believe I had moved in just that morning. My dad had even hung the paintings and clocks already. Looked like we had been living there already!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

66 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 10 min Buroc Millhouse Obama 1,081,693
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 25 min Rogue Scholar 05 174,871
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 39 min TRD 68,040
Amy 7-28 51 min RACE 2
Abby 7-28 1 hr RACE 2
Interview with retired border patrol agent. Tru... 3 hr WOW That Realy Is Scary 2
One kilometre high and counting (Jul '07) 6 hr TW_sugar_daddio 17
•••

Beach Hazards Statement for Cook County was issued at July 28 at 3:19AM CDT

•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Chicago People Search