Comments
84,001 - 84,020 of 97,775 Comments Last updated 1 hr ago

“I Am Mine”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#85176
May 5, 2013
 
Go Blue Forever wrote:
.I'd have a little attitude about Derek, after all this.....
A little perspective on Rose.

http://espn.go.com/chicago/nba/story/_/id/920...

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#85177
May 5, 2013
 
Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text>
A little perspective on Rose.
http://espn.go.com/chicago/nba/story/_/id/920...
Interesting!

“reign in blood”

Since: May 09

Wilmington, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#85178
May 6, 2013
 

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#85179
May 6, 2013
 
Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text>
A little perspective on Rose.
http://espn.go.com/chicago/nba/story/_/id/920...
..Kinda hard to swallow, seeing Noah going out there with extremely painful foot injuries and putting it all on the line...just saying.....

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#85180
May 6, 2013
 
Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text>..Kinda hard to swallow, seeing Noah going out there with extremely painful foot injuries and putting it all on the line...just saying.....
I see the point, though. I can understand taking into consideration one's long-term prospects.
Stina

Saint Petersburg, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#85181
May 6, 2013
 
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>
I like when a show can entertain young kids AND their parents at the same time.
WE watch it sometimes, too!!!
Stina

Saint Petersburg, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#85182
May 6, 2013
 
Tonka: Did you do MK Sunday? It was a beautiful day! We ended up going Saturday. It rained some int he morning, but cleared up and was gorgeaous. Did Epcot for awhile, too. I am STILL wiped!

“Fort Kickass”

Since: Sep 09

Bloomington, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#85183
May 6, 2013
 
Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text>I just got back from DisneyQuest and we're hittin the Magic Kingdom on Sunday. Keep that rain to yourself
You guys still have a DisneyQuest? The one in Chicago was so fun and then it was gone...

Closest thing to a Disney park I've ever been to.

“...,to wit”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#85184
May 6, 2013
 
Matilda77 wrote:
<quoted text>
You guys still have a DisneyQuest? The one in Chicago was so fun and then it was gone...
Closest thing to a Disney park I've ever been to.
It was cool. We had one of the girls birthday parties there in 2000 or 2001.

Toj

“Equality”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#85185
May 6, 2013
 
Matilda77 wrote:
<quoted text>
You guys still have a DisneyQuest? The one in Chicago was so fun and then it was gone...
Closest thing to a Disney park I've ever been to.
I remember DisneyQuest! It was a good place. They probably didn't run it right.

Since: Mar 09

Miami, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#85186
May 6, 2013
 
Hello Regs! Did everyone have a nice weekend and Cinco de Mayo? We had one final storm on Friday evening but by 9ish it was clear and the rest of the weekend was beautiful.

“Fort Kickass”

Since: Sep 09

Bloomington, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#85187
May 6, 2013
 
Toj wrote:
<quoted text>
I remember DisneyQuest! It was a good place. They probably didn't run it right.
IIRC, we paid about 30 bucks to get in and then played unlimited video games for 8 hours, breaking for lunch to eat at Ed's. Not really a good business model on their end, affordable fun for poor college students.

“Fort Kickass”

Since: Sep 09

Bloomington, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#85188
May 6, 2013
 
I made crock pot chicken tacos for Cinco, then ended up going to a pizza pub instead with my hockey team. So Cinco shall be celebrated tonight...and for the next several nights.

Since: Mar 09

Miami, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#85189
May 6, 2013
 
Matilda77 wrote:
I made crock pot chicken tacos for Cinco, then ended up going to a pizza pub instead with my hockey team. So Cinco shall be celebrated tonight...and for the next several nights.
Nice.
:)

I watched the Sunfest fireworks (finale night) from the rooftop of my building, then went to a cool Mexican restaurant downtown and had guacamole and pork tacos. A wasted girl was at the bar next to me celebrating her 21st birthday and she was standing on her chair/barstool and it was inevitable that she'd fall. She landed HARD but rallied. I'm sure she's hurting this morning though!

Toj

“Equality”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#85190
May 6, 2013
 
Matilda77 wrote:
<quoted text>
IIRC, we paid about 30 bucks to get in and then played unlimited video games for 8 hours, breaking for lunch to eat at Ed's. Not really a good business model on their end, affordable fun for poor college students.
I took my son at the time and I even had fun. We paid a price to get in but it only lasted for so long. I don't remember $30 for 8 hours. That's a good thing b/c I don't think I could have stayed there for 8 hours. I'm not that much into games. But they had some really good virtual reality things and whatnot. We went like twice.

“I Am Mine”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#85191
May 6, 2013
 
Stina wrote:
Tonka: Did you do MK Sunday? It was a beautiful day! We ended up going Saturday. It rained some int he morning, but cleared up and was gorgeaous. Did Epcot for awhile, too. I am STILL wiped!
Dinsey Quest with the 6 yr old Friday. From 5 til close. 11 pm. Wife didn't think we'd last that long. Showed her!

Then MK Sunday from like 10 - 8pm

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#85192
May 6, 2013
 
Got recruited into helping a friend move back into his house. Him and wife had moved to CA and rented out their house. Now he is back and wife will be along shortly. Invited him over for some chili. I am kinda sore today, I hate helping people.
Stina

Saint Petersburg, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#85193
May 6, 2013
 
Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text>Dinsey Quest with the 6 yr old Friday. From 5 til close. 11 pm. Wife didn't think we'd last that long. Showed her!
Then MK Sunday from like 10 - 8pm
Is Disney Quest in Downtown Disney? Because I heard something cool abotu that, I think. We never checked it out, though. How much is it? Might be something fun to do with my niece and nephew this summer when they come down.

We did MK from about 9:30 till abotu 6:30 Saturday then spent 2 hours at Epcot. We thought about catching the electric parade at MK again, but we were too wiped and needed to get home and let the dogs out!

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#85194
May 6, 2013
 
I was going to help a friend/coworker move on Saturday because he was so desperate, he emailed the whole company asking for help (two weeks ago). Then cabin opener got moved to Saturday and I had to bail on hepling him.

By the time cabin opener got moved to NEXT week, coworker was already annoying me by taking as much crap from our remodeled office (we're still remodeling)-- unwanted shelving (big stuff), countertops, etc. And I said to him, "Is it really the best time to be scavenging lots of big stuff, before you have to move all of your belongings into three different places?" (storage locker, pod, and his in-laws -- they sold their house and don't have a hosue to move into yet, so they're moving into his in-laws' house and divvying up their belongings to various storage places)

His attitude: "It's free, I want it, we'll have to move it again on Saturday and then again when we buy our next house."

Coutn me out. In the middle of selling a house and moving is not the time to start acquiring lots of crap for your future work bench/garage/basement.

“Checks and Balances”

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#85195
May 6, 2013
 
j_m_w wrote:
Hello Regs! Did everyone have a nice weekend and Cinco de Mayo? We had one final storm on Friday evening but by 9ish it was clear and the rest of the weekend was beautiful.
Hi! I was going to type Good Morning, but realized that it's afternoon already. Where has half the day gone already?

I had a great weekend. The weather was beautiful here, no one got hurt playing sports and my MIL says that she is still sick, so we stayed home yesterday afternoon, finally planted flowers around the yard and barbecued for dinner. It was nice spending time with just the immediate family.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 1 min shinningelectr0n 1,095,552
IL Who do you support for Governor in Illinois in ... (Oct '10) 9 min CitiZen9 3,910
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 54 min Learn to Read 176,762
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 56 min Mothra 46,229
Defense Logistics Support 1 hr Its me Albie 1
Abby 8-21 1 hr edogxxx 1
Amy 8-21 1 hr edogxxx 1

Search the Chicago Forum:
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••