Comments
83,981 - 84,000 of 97,932 Comments Last updated 1 hr ago

“Checks and Balances”

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

#85156 May 3, 2013
Sam I Am GEAM wrote:
<quoted text>Speaking of teen crushes, am I the only one who didn't know Corey Haim died? I didn't have a crush on him but I know he was one of those guys. I don't know how I missed that.
You might be the only one :) He was such a cute kid/teen but I couldn't bear to look at him as an adult.

When I was a teen, I had pictures of Grant Show and Charlie Sheen on my wall. Grant Show would still be my "type". Charlie Sheen makes me want to vomit.

“What's it to ya?”

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#85157 May 3, 2013
<sigh> Apparently the whole "it's MY day" wedding thing is not limited to bridezillas. The nephew and his domestic partner are getting legally married next April before the state automatically converts it to a marriage next June. That's cool. Gonna have a wedding. That's cool too.

"Quite frankly the day is about only Justin and me...no one else." All I did was tell them that instead of having a potluck reception (no, for real, that's the plan) that I and my niece (the one in Cali) would arrange for, and pay for catering, so it wasn't so tacky. The problem with catering, apparently, is the "need to accommodate everyone's individual tastes/dietary needs." Strange, I've had stuff catered/been to catered events, lots of times. Never really encountered the short order cook thing he's talking about. There is normally one or maybe two choices and maybe a veg/gluten free offering. Period. But, what do I know. They consider Mc Donald's fine dining so they obviously know better than I.

I even suggested an h'orderves and martini party...lots of choices, everyone gets accommodated, Nicole and I would do all the work and pay for everything...no stress on *their spacial day.* Still not acceptable.

Soooo I guess it's potluck, Schlitz in a can, and a cake from the supermarket. I'll tell you one thing for free, I am not buying the $300.00 dress ("mother of the groom") I was going to buy to walk him down the aisle (for real I'm doing that)...I'm going to Goodwill.

/rant

Toj

“Equality”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#85158 May 3, 2013
Mimi Seattle wrote:
<sigh> Apparently the whole "it's MY day" wedding thing is not limited to bridezillas. The nephew and his domestic partner are getting legally married next April before the state automatically converts it to a marriage next June. That's cool. Gonna have a wedding. That's cool too.
"Quite frankly the day is about only Justin and me...no one else." All I did was tell them that instead of having a potluck reception (no, for real, that's the plan) that I and my niece (the one in Cali) would arrange for, and pay for catering, so it wasn't so tacky. The problem with catering, apparently, is the "need to accommodate everyone's individual tastes/dietary needs." Strange, I've had stuff catered/been to catered events, lots of times. Never really encountered the short order cook thing he's talking about. There is normally one or maybe two choices and maybe a veg/gluten free offering. Period. But, what do I know. They consider Mc Donald's fine dining so they obviously know better than I.
I even suggested an h'orderves and martini party...lots of choices, everyone gets accommodated, Nicole and I would do all the work and pay for everything...no stress on *their spacial day.* Still not acceptable.
Soooo I guess it's potluck, Schlitz in a can, and a cake from the supermarket. I'll tell you one thing for free, I am not buying the $300.00 dress ("mother of the groom") I was going to buy to walk him down the aisle (for real I'm doing that)...I'm going to Goodwill.
/rant
Oh my goodness. Well, goes to prove the fact that just b/c you're gay doesn't mean you know how to throw a party or have good taste.

I take it that otherwise they're good people or you would not have wanted to put yourself out like that nor would you walk him down the aisle. So...at least their good people.

“What's it to ya?”

Location hidden

#85159 May 3, 2013
Toj wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh my goodness. Well, goes to prove the fact that just b/c you're gay doesn't mean you know how to throw a party or have good taste.
I take it that otherwise they're good people or you would not have wanted to put yourself out like that nor would you walk him down the aisle. So...at least their good people.
Right? That's what my niece said. She's like "how can two gay guys NOT know how to throw a party?" Maybe not PC, but they are the least "typical" gay men, "fabulousness" wise that I have ever known. They are obviously gay to anyone with even a drop of gaydar, but they are definitely trailer park...not that there's anything wrong with that.:D

They are pretty good guys. Justin is the one that was seriously my rock when Chris was in the hospital and when he died. He just fielded/arranged everything, talked to everyone, took time off work to be there for me to do any and everything I needed, just to make easier on me. Mark will do anything I ask of him (not that I often do) any time I need something.

They just need to knock off the prima dona thing they are doing because if they don't they may ::initiate gangster voice:: meet with an unfortunate accident before next April...just saying.

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#85160 May 3, 2013
Mimi, we were at kohl's tonight and they have a bunch of new Hello Kitty sweat pants and tshirts. buy them and wear that to the wedding.

“I Am Mine”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#85161 May 3, 2013
j_m_w wrote:
<quoted text>
Ha! I had to stop myself from wishing rain on Orlando all weekend. It's been so rainy here, that's likely to backfire on me karma-wise.
;)
Are you going to Orlando too?
I just got back from DisneyQuest and we're hittin the Magic Kingdom on Sunday. Keep that rain to yourself

“I Am Mine”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#85162 May 3, 2013
j_m_w wrote:
<quoted text>
Ah... they'll be at a different park.
??? How do you know? She didn't say which park she's going to. Or are they not going to a Disney park?

“What's it to ya?”

Location hidden

#85163 May 3, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
Mimi, we were at kohl's tonight and they have a bunch of new Hello Kitty sweat pants and tshirts. buy them and wear that to the wedding.
I love this idea.

“...,to wit”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#85164 May 4, 2013

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#85165 May 5, 2013
Congrats to the Chicago Bulls.....Though, very shorthanded, the remaining Bull's led the whole game and defeated the Brooklyn Nets, in game 7 of their series, and now face the Miami Heat......monday nite....

West Palm Beach, FL

#85166 May 5, 2013
Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text>??? How do you know? She didn't say which park she's going to. Or are they not going to a Disney park?
Yeah, they're not at a Disney park.

The rain cleared up here on Friday night and it's been beautiful out since then. Yay!

“...,to wit”

Location hidden

#85167 May 5, 2013
Go Blue Forever wrote:
Congrats to the Chicago Bulls.....Though, very shorthanded, the remaining Bull's led the whole game and defeated the Brooklyn Nets, in game 7 of their series, and now face the Miami Heat......Monday nite....
Can you imagine what a powerhouse the Bulls would be if they had Derek Rose, Luol Deng, Kurt Heinrich and the other guys playing, too? It will be sweet to beat the Heat

“...,to wit”

Location hidden

#85168 May 5, 2013

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#85169 May 5, 2013
PEllen wrote:
<quoted text>Can you imagine what a powerhouse the Bulls would be if they had Derek Rose, Luol Deng, Kurt Heinrich and the other guys playing, too? It will be sweet to beat the Heat
It likely still would not be enough for them to beat the heat in a 7 game series. They need to get another top notch player if they want to win championships.

Location hidden

#85170 May 5, 2013
It's gorgeous here.

Iron Man 3 was okay. Occasionally amusing. Nick and Nick loved it. I thought it was dumb. ;)

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#85171 May 5, 2013
PEllen wrote:
<quoted text>Can you imagine what a powerhouse the Bulls would be if they had Derek Rose, Luol Deng, Kurt Heinrich and the other guys playing, too? It will be sweet to beat the Heat
Sorry PEllen, beat the Heat?...lol...not a prayer, this Heat team is even better than last years...You just witnessed your miracle for this season....I'd have a little attitude about Derek, after all this.....

Location hidden

#85172 May 5, 2013
Car alarms. Useless and annoying. They should be set up so they go off only if you (b/c you have a certain device ON you/in your pocket) are within hearing distance from your car.3655

“reign in blood”

Since: May 09

Wilmington, IL

#85173 May 5, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
Car alarms. Useless
I dunno about all that. I've used mine to startle elderly couples in a WalMart parking lot on more than one occasion....

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#85174 May 5, 2013
Angela, I know you've mentioned Nick watching AMericas funniest home videos with his boys. I've always done that with mine too. They love it (its pretty funny even for me). We are watching it now.

Location hidden

#85175 May 5, 2013
Sublime1 wrote:
Angela, I know you've mentioned Nick watching AMericas funniest home videos with his boys. I've always done that with mine too. They love it (its pretty funny even for me). We are watching it now.
I like when a show can entertain young kids AND their parents at the same time.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 4 min Dale 177,371
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 5 min woodtick57 1,100,157
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 10 min Brian_G 46,310
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 1 hr voice of peace 68,367
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 2 hr JOEL 68,977
Review: Anthony D S Grill (Jan '14) 2 hr peter osterman 7
Abby 8-29 2 hr Julie 10
Amy 8-29 5 hr Kuuipo 13
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Chicago People Search