|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 3, 2013

animaniactoo wrote:
<quoted text>
They knew about her previous work when they hired her. And if they didn't, somebody in HR needs to be fired.
If it was okay with them when they hired her, they should be prepared to stand up and defend her now. It was always going to become an issue at some point.
Iagree.

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 3, 2013

I thought she did a good job, was well spoken, and she's hot!

Boos and hisses at Comcast!!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 3, 2013

animaniactoo wrote:
<quoted text>They knew about her previous work when they hired her. And if they didn't, somebody in HR needs to be fired.

If it was okay with them when they hired her, they should be prepared to stand up and defend her now. It was always going to become an issue at some point.
ITA

“reign in blood”

Since: May 09

Braidwood, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 3, 2013

Sam I Am GEAM wrote:
I'll be happy to continue this if you want to start another thread. The others have made it pretty clear they would appreciate the Regs thread not being gunked up with this stuff.
They can suck it and learn to skip posts. I don't particularly want to read about musicals.(Although the only musical I ever saw was "Oliver" and thought it was pretty good.)

Since: Mar 09

Pittsburgh, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 3, 2013

PEllen wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah. I saw it at the Schubert. It had the one good song. However when the main gil has died of AIDS at the end and she is on the gurney and suddenly sits bolt upright singing the Mimi melody from LaBoheme I almost plotzed (nod to AS) and not in a good way. A good friend walked out at intermission and I couldn't blame him but the tickets were expensive so I stayed.
Wait, Mimi's not DEAD! She's very ill (probably pneumonia) and has a near-death experience (...there was this warm white light, and I swear, Angel was there....and she looked GOOD!)

But Angel tells Mimi to go back (..turn around, girl, and listen to that boy's song!), so Mimi's fever breaks and she wakes up.

Yes, Mimi (and Roger!) have HIV/AIDS and will most likely die young -- but it won't be that day. As for April (Roger's former girlfriend who died), she didn't die of AIDS. She cut her wrists in the bathtub after being diagnosed.

LOL, I love musicals! And many of them are pretty dark underneath. Opera, ya know! Keith, on the other hand, doesn't care for them. I took him to Sweeney Todd, and he said, "Oh, it was all right....except for all that damn singing!" Uh, Sweetie...it's a musical!

Yes, Rent is La Boheme. And West Side Story is Romeo & Juliet. An The Lion King is Hamlet.

“FD&S is no way to be.”

Since: Feb 13

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 3, 2013

Judged:

edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
They can suck it and learn to skip posts. I don't particularly want to read about musicals.(Although the only musical I ever saw was "Oliver" and thought it was pretty good.)
Well, I am not going to junk up the thread. Again, if you want to continue the discussion, start another thread and I'll join you.

“It made sense at the time....”

Schaumburg, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 3, 2013

PEllen wrote:
<quoted text>
Had to think about that.
Plotz is an active verb. Metaphorical collapse in aggravation, frustration or being really tired.
I could just plotz from trying to get Edog and Sam to play nice. I wouldn't plotz over them. Unless I just collapsed on the couch after a really long day , I wouldn't think someone would see me physically plotz.
There is a book by Leo Rosten called The Joys of Yiddish that was like the OED of Yiddish when I was growing up.
Yiddish is a combination of mostly German with Hebrew, some Polish and probably some of the Russian languages mixed in. You could probably take the German usage and feel confident you weren't mangling things too badly.
True story: I was at the Tower of London with my daughter. We ere surrounded by noting but German speaking tourists and I needed to ask where eh restaurants/food were. I dredged up my old Yiddish and it worked just fine. Either that or they thought I was threatening to cannibalize the kid. Either way it worked.
what got me thinking is htat my dad was carrying on in a good way about the way i cleaned their basement and repalced the water heater while they were gone. in my family, we used plotzing for carrying on happily, surprisedly, etc,(positive raection), but i forget the grammatical constrtuction.

wow- someone i work with was right, now i'm just showing off about this!!

i will have to look into the joy of yiddish.,, it keeps cominig up in relation to this.

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 3, 2013

Your pathetic. explain what you meant then when you said that he could never had brought a gun to the airport if he never had one to begin with.
Sam I Am GEAM wrote:
<quoted text>
I never said it. Never ever ever never. You will not find me saying that anywhere. I previously explicitly stated that was not my position. Find one example of me saying all firearms should be eliminated. You won't be able to.

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 3, 2013

Ah, Facebook. I've seen the downside and now I've seen the upside. Just Face-stigated and found out that Jasper and PMS are going to a theme park in Orlando (had to catch myself before I typed the name of it!) instead of down here this weekend. Now I won't have to wonder if we'll run into each other.

“FD&S is no way to be.”

Since: Feb 13

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 3, 2013

RACE wrote:
Your pathetic. explain what you meant then when you said that he could never had brought a gun to the airport if he never had one to begin with.
<quoted text>
For the last time, if you want to continue the discussion, start a separate thread and I'll join you there. You and Mutt might not care abuot being considerate to the others, but I do. Your move, buster.

“reign in blood”

Braidwood, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 3, 2013

Sam I Am GEAM wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, I am not going to junk up the thread. Again, if you want to continue the discussion, start another thread and I'll join you.
Fine. Here ya go

http://www.topix.com/forum/chicago/TITQFIVVUV...

“...,to wit”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 3, 2013

animaniactoo wrote:
<quoted text>
I liked it, but I saw it a year or so into its run in NYC, so cast might also have had something to do with it. Don't ask me who the cast was, I just remember the face of the one really cute guy.
My sister who has some theater ties reports that the script was extensively workshopped and was routinely panned before the reworks and then author died. Between the reworks and the current staging at the time of his death, it finally took off.
Is this the one where the author died on the afternoon of opening night?
Stina

Saint Petersburg, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 3, 2013

Judged:

j_m_w wrote:
Ah, Facebook. I've seen the downside and now I've seen the upside. Just Face-stigated and found out that Jasper and PMS are going to a theme park in Orlando (had to catch myself before I typed the name of it!) instead of down here this weekend. Now I won't have to wonder if we'll run into each other.
If I see them you want me to trip them??? I'd do that for you!

“...,to wit”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 3, 2013

VAdame wrote:
<quoted text>
Wait, Mimi's not DEAD! She's very ill (probably pneumonia) and has a near-death experience (...there was this warm white light, and I swear, Angel was there....and she looked GOOD!)
But Angel tells Mimi to go back (..turn around, girl, and listen to that boy's song!), so Mimi's fever breaks and she wakes up.
Yes, Mimi (and Roger!) have HIV/AIDS and will most likely die young -- but it won't be that day. As for April (Roger's former girlfriend who died), she didn't die of AIDS. She cut her wrists in the bathtub after being diagnosed.
LOL, I love musicals! And many of them are pretty dark underneath. Opera, ya know! Keith, on the other hand, doesn't care for them. I took him to Sweeney Todd, and he said, "Oh, it was all right....except for all that damn singing!" Uh, Sweetie...it's a musical!
Yes, Rent is La Boheme. And West Side Story is Romeo & Juliet. An The Lion King is Hamlet.
Just goes to show that I don't remember Rent well enough because I probably lost interest. Sorry. I never saw the movie btw.

The Lion King is Hamlet ???!! Richard III with the Princes in the Tower surviving maybe, but Hamlet? nuh uh.

“...,to wit”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 3, 2013

edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
Which is playing in Oak Brook at the moment I believe ... in case you want to go to your happy place.( gentle chiding, not a dig)

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 3, 2013

Stina wrote:
<quoted text>
If I see them you want me to trip them??? I'd do that for you!
Ha! I had to stop myself from wishing rain on Orlando all weekend. It's been so rainy here, that's likely to backfire on me karma-wise.
;)

Are you going to Orlando too?

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 3, 2013

Listen tough guy, I did not start the conversation Toj did, so go piss on your friend. You just dont want everyone to see you backpedal and lie! Well, too late for that.
Sam I Am GEAM wrote:
<quoted text>
For the last time, if you want to continue the discussion, start a separate thread and I'll join you there. You and Mutt might not care abuot being considerate to the others, but I do. Your move, buster.
Stina

Saint Petersburg, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 3, 2013

j_m_w wrote:
<quoted text>
Ha! I had to stop myself from wishing rain on Orlando all weekend. It's been so rainy here, that's likely to backfire on me karma-wise.
;)
Are you going to Orlando too?
Yeah, we're hitting Disney!

Toj

“Equality”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 3, 2013

RACE wrote:
Listen tough guy, I did not start the conversation Toj did, so go piss on your friend. You just dont want everyone to see you backpedal and lie! Well, too late for that.
<quoted text>
WTF? I posted a link to an incredible story. I'm not taking the heat for you guys being idiots.

“boredom made me do it”

ny, ny

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 3, 2013

PEllen wrote:
<quoted text>Is this the one where the author died on the afternoon of opening night?
Night before I think, but yeah.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

37 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 9 min ritedownthemiddle 1,085,012
IL Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Illinois ... (Oct '10) 10 min obama 6,593
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 44 min andet1987 4,579
Last word + 2 (Mar '12) 46 min andet1987 488
Music Artists A to Z 1 hr _Zoey_ 265
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 1 hr JOEL COOL DUDE 68,466
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 1 hr TRD 68,124
Ask Amy 8-1-14 4 hr Shari23 19
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 7 hr Jacques in Ottawa 175,260
•••
•••
•••
Chicago Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••