Topix Chitown Regulars

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me! Charlie

#85144 May 3, 2013
I dont play well with others, and I make no apologies for it. Not everyone is a follower like you.
Sam I Am GEAM wrote:
<quoted text>
When's the last time you were part of a team? Have a good time sitting on your butt by yourself.

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me! Charlie

#85145 May 3, 2013
Isnt there a barstool calling you?
Sam I Am GEAM wrote:
<quoted text>
When's the last time you were part of a team? Have a good time sitting on your butt by yourself.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#85146 May 3, 2013
PEllen wrote:
<quoted text>
Oklahoma has the bad guy (Rod Steiger in the movie)who lusts after (?) Laurie and tries to stab out Curly's eye with the dirty picture kaeidoscope....
Used to think Shirley Jones was ahottie, in her movies....ever see Elmer Gantry?....also Merle Oberon.....I'm old...lol...

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#85147 May 3, 2013
j_m_w wrote:
<quoted text>
Ha! I had to stop myself from wishing rain on Orlando all weekend. It's been so rainy here, that's likely to backfire on me karma-wise.
;)
Are you going to Orlando too?
Good Luck with Sunfest...look's pretty clear tonite.....We like Delray Affair much better.....

“FD&S is no way to be.”

Since: Feb 13

United States

#85148 May 3, 2013
RACE wrote:
I dont play well with others, and I make no apologies for it. Not everyone is a follower like you.
<quoted text>
Yes, that's what being part of a team means, being a follower. Quite the astute observation on your part.

“FD&S is no way to be.”

Since: Feb 13

United States

#85149 May 3, 2013
RACE wrote:
Isnt there a barstool calling you?
<quoted text>
Actually we prefer a table, makes it easier to have a conversation. And there won't be any bar stools at the softball field or the Derby party or the gym, so I simply won't have that option.

Toj

“Where is Everyone?”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#85150 May 3, 2013
Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text>Used to think Shirley Jones was ahottie, in her movies....ever see Elmer Gantry?....also Merle Oberon.....I'm old...lol...
I would say that was lame except there was a time I had a crush on David Cassidy.

“FD&S is no way to be.”

Since: Feb 13

United States

#85151 May 3, 2013
Toj wrote:
<quoted text>
I would say that was lame except there was a time I had a crush on David Cassidy.
Speaking of teen crushes, am I the only one who didn't know Corey Haim died? I didn't have a crush on him but I know he was one of those guys. I don't know how I missed that.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#85152 May 3, 2013
Toj wrote:
<quoted text>
I would say that was lame except there was a time I had a crush on David Cassidy.
My wife likes Tom Behringer...she thought i made it up, that he really went to my highschool.....lol....

“The two baby belly, please!”

Since: Sep 09

Evanston IL

#85153 May 3, 2013
RACE wrote:
Figures, I'm home but the rain has started. No boatride :(
But in happier news, I think I fixed the hole in the Air Dock that I aquired. Bought some PVC to frame it out, but not going to follow the directions supplied by the MFR. Just going to wing it and see what happens. All proof of concept at this point anyway, I have a bigger idea in mind.
I sure hope it works because than I can turn my existing floaty into an actual dock, and that will ROCK!
Rest of the weekend is just housework.
Whats the next holiday that involves shopping? I am thinking of getting a new tv.
Did the ice cream work?

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me! Charlie

#85154 May 3, 2013
NO! Damn cat quit eating as soon as she tasted a hint of the pill.
I tried dissolving it in water, crushing it into a powder. Well back to the hard way.
squishymama wrote:
<quoted text>
Did the ice cream work?

Toj

“Where is Everyone?”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#85155 May 3, 2013
RACE wrote:
NO! Damn cat quit eating as soon as she tasted a hint of the pill.
I tried dissolving it in water, crushing it into a powder. Well back to the hard way.
<quoted text>
I'd try fish. Sardines or tuna. Stronger taste.

“Checks and Balances”

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

#85156 May 3, 2013
Sam I Am GEAM wrote:
<quoted text>Speaking of teen crushes, am I the only one who didn't know Corey Haim died? I didn't have a crush on him but I know he was one of those guys. I don't know how I missed that.
You might be the only one :) He was such a cute kid/teen but I couldn't bear to look at him as an adult.

When I was a teen, I had pictures of Grant Show and Charlie Sheen on my wall. Grant Show would still be my "type". Charlie Sheen makes me want to vomit.

“What's it to ya?”

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#85157 May 3, 2013
<sigh> Apparently the whole "it's MY day" wedding thing is not limited to bridezillas. The nephew and his domestic partner are getting legally married next April before the state automatically converts it to a marriage next June. That's cool. Gonna have a wedding. That's cool too.

"Quite frankly the day is about only Justin and me...no one else." All I did was tell them that instead of having a potluck reception (no, for real, that's the plan) that I and my niece (the one in Cali) would arrange for, and pay for catering, so it wasn't so tacky. The problem with catering, apparently, is the "need to accommodate everyone's individual tastes/dietary needs." Strange, I've had stuff catered/been to catered events, lots of times. Never really encountered the short order cook thing he's talking about. There is normally one or maybe two choices and maybe a veg/gluten free offering. Period. But, what do I know. They consider Mc Donald's fine dining so they obviously know better than I.

I even suggested an h'orderves and martini party...lots of choices, everyone gets accommodated, Nicole and I would do all the work and pay for everything...no stress on *their spacial day.* Still not acceptable.

Soooo I guess it's potluck, Schlitz in a can, and a cake from the supermarket. I'll tell you one thing for free, I am not buying the $300.00 dress ("mother of the groom") I was going to buy to walk him down the aisle (for real I'm doing that)...I'm going to Goodwill.

/rant

Toj

“Where is Everyone?”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#85158 May 3, 2013
Mimi Seattle wrote:
<sigh> Apparently the whole "it's MY day" wedding thing is not limited to bridezillas. The nephew and his domestic partner are getting legally married next April before the state automatically converts it to a marriage next June. That's cool. Gonna have a wedding. That's cool too.
"Quite frankly the day is about only Justin and me...no one else." All I did was tell them that instead of having a potluck reception (no, for real, that's the plan) that I and my niece (the one in Cali) would arrange for, and pay for catering, so it wasn't so tacky. The problem with catering, apparently, is the "need to accommodate everyone's individual tastes/dietary needs." Strange, I've had stuff catered/been to catered events, lots of times. Never really encountered the short order cook thing he's talking about. There is normally one or maybe two choices and maybe a veg/gluten free offering. Period. But, what do I know. They consider Mc Donald's fine dining so they obviously know better than I.
I even suggested an h'orderves and martini party...lots of choices, everyone gets accommodated, Nicole and I would do all the work and pay for everything...no stress on *their spacial day.* Still not acceptable.
Soooo I guess it's potluck, Schlitz in a can, and a cake from the supermarket. I'll tell you one thing for free, I am not buying the $300.00 dress ("mother of the groom") I was going to buy to walk him down the aisle (for real I'm doing that)...I'm going to Goodwill.
/rant
Oh my goodness. Well, goes to prove the fact that just b/c you're gay doesn't mean you know how to throw a party or have good taste.

I take it that otherwise they're good people or you would not have wanted to put yourself out like that nor would you walk him down the aisle. So...at least their good people.

“What's it to ya?”

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#85159 May 3, 2013
Toj wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh my goodness. Well, goes to prove the fact that just b/c you're gay doesn't mean you know how to throw a party or have good taste.
I take it that otherwise they're good people or you would not have wanted to put yourself out like that nor would you walk him down the aisle. So...at least their good people.
Right? That's what my niece said. She's like "how can two gay guys NOT know how to throw a party?" Maybe not PC, but they are the least "typical" gay men, "fabulousness" wise that I have ever known. They are obviously gay to anyone with even a drop of gaydar, but they are definitely trailer park...not that there's anything wrong with that.:D

They are pretty good guys. Justin is the one that was seriously my rock when Chris was in the hospital and when he died. He just fielded/arranged everything, talked to everyone, took time off work to be there for me to do any and everything I needed, just to make easier on me. Mark will do anything I ask of him (not that I often do) any time I need something.

They just need to knock off the prima dona thing they are doing because if they don't they may ::initiate gangster voice:: meet with an unfortunate accident before next April...just saying.

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#85160 May 3, 2013
Mimi, we were at kohl's tonight and they have a bunch of new Hello Kitty sweat pants and tshirts. buy them and wear that to the wedding.

“I Am Mine”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#85161 May 3, 2013
j_m_w wrote:
<quoted text>
Ha! I had to stop myself from wishing rain on Orlando all weekend. It's been so rainy here, that's likely to backfire on me karma-wise.
;)
Are you going to Orlando too?
I just got back from DisneyQuest and we're hittin the Magic Kingdom on Sunday. Keep that rain to yourself

“I Am Mine”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#85162 May 3, 2013
j_m_w wrote:
<quoted text>
Ah... they'll be at a different park.
??? How do you know? She didn't say which park she's going to. Or are they not going to a Disney park?

“What's it to ya?”

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#85163 May 3, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
Mimi, we were at kohl's tonight and they have a bunch of new Hello Kitty sweat pants and tshirts. buy them and wear that to the wedding.
I love this idea.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 1 min Grey Ghost 1,275,808
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 min Joe Balls 197,014
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 1 min Red_Forman 6,417
DONALD TRUMP REVEALED as NIGERIAN PRINCE ! ..bi... 1 min TRUMP ADMENSTRUATION 1
Loan shark, loan lender, Apply for loan offer 2 min MonicaJ 1
Fast loan needed for urgent purpose?. Apply now. (Apr '14) 3 min MonicaJ 2
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr litesong 54,512
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages