Comments
83,901 - 83,920 of 97,916 Comments Last updated 11 hrs ago
Stina

Saint Petersburg, FL

#85076 May 3, 2013
Mimi Seattle wrote:
<quoted text>
Ah I'm sorry. It so sucks dealing with a bad ex, especially if you have a kid. I was so fortunate that I never had to deal with all of that stuff. I think you're right. Sounds like time to get an attorney. I suppose technically he's within his rights to have her on "his" weekends, but that's still a crappy thing to do especially since you guys have a protocol in place that you've been using over all these years. <nod nod>
Yeah, somehow I feel like I am getting Scr#wed because I was being a good person and thought it was important that he take her to her cousin's graduation out of state because she doesn't see that part of the family that often. That's what I get for trying to be a good parent.

Toj

“Equality”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#85077 May 3, 2013
Stina wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, somehow I feel like I am getting Scr#wed because I was being a good person and thought it was important that he take her to her cousin's graduation out of state because she doesn't see that part of the family that often. That's what I get for trying to be a good parent.
And you are a good parent. He's the douchebag.

And during those three weeks you're going to think about Stina and what Stina wants so you're recharged when your daughter comes back home. You probably don't think of yourself much which makes you an awesome mother, but you need to think of yourself as well.

“The two baby belly, please!”

Since: Sep 09

Evanston IL

#85078 May 3, 2013
j_m_w wrote:
Weekend plans, everyone?
tonight: nuthin.

sat: swimming and then ice skating. I will be so happy when this spring ice show is over...

Then we *have* to do some grocery shopping.

sun: gonna make french toast (Lulu reqested it) and them maybe try and do something fun. we're going to miss the kite festival on saturday because of the ice skating, so maybe we'll just go to the hill it's held on and have our own little kite festival. We have enough of them...

“The two baby belly, please!”

Since: Sep 09

Evanston IL

#85079 May 3, 2013
Stina wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry you have to deal with this type of BS.

My parents certainly have their flaws, but they would have never pulled any cr*p like this. And for that I'm eternally grateful.

“Checks and Balances”

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

#85080 May 3, 2013
j_m_w wrote:
Weekend plans, everyone?
Today I'm still feeling some side effects from my migraine meds (numbness and "loopiness" - my doc's word), so I'm taking it easy. It happens every once in a while, but it's better than a headache.

Tomorrow we have soccer practice in the morning, tball game in the afternoon, and I'm going to a Tupperware party at my cousin's house in the evening. I don't feel any pressure to buy, but I do like the quality of the merchandise so I might get something and I love the company.

Sunday Ry's soccer game isn't until 11.30, so we'll be able to go to church early, then head to my MIL's house after.

“Checks and Balances”

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

#85081 May 3, 2013
Stina wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah, somehow I feel like I am getting Scr#wed because I was being a good person and thought it was important that he take her to her cousin's graduation out of state because she doesn't see that part of the family that often. That's what I get for trying to be a good parent.
You are being a good person and you are putting your daughter first, which you know is the most important thing. If he does not respect your role as her primary caregiver, though, he leaves you no choice and that sucks.

(((Stina)))
Stina

Saint Petersburg, FL

#85082 May 3, 2013
Toj wrote:
<quoted text>
And you are a good parent. He's the douchebag.
And during those three weeks you're going to think about Stina and what Stina wants so you're recharged when your daughter comes back home. You probably don't think of yourself much which makes you an awesome mother, but you need to think of yourself as well.
Thanks - I am just so aggravated right now!!!
Stina

Saint Petersburg, FL

#85083 May 3, 2013
squishymama wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry you have to deal with this type of BS.
My parents certainly have their flaws, but they would have never pulled any cr*p like this. And for that I'm eternally grateful.
Thanks, squish!

He gets like this sometimes. I just have to suck it up and get a lawyer. If I have to pay him, so be it. But this is ridiculous.

“FD&S is no way to be.”

Since: Feb 13

United States

#85084 May 3, 2013
RACE wrote:
Not surprising, you're the one who said it. Guess you cant be bothered with thinking before you type.
<quoted text>
I never said it. Never ever ever never. You will not find me saying that anywhere. I previously explicitly stated that was not my position. Find one example of me saying all firearms should be eliminated. You won't be able to.

“FD&S is no way to be.”

United States

#85085 May 3, 2013
edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
You.
<quoted text>
Let the back-peddling begin...!
I'll be happy to continue this if you want to start another thread. The others have made it pretty clear they would appreciate the Regs thread not being gunked up with this stuff.

“FD&S is no way to be.”

United States

#85086 May 3, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
PE, I haven't seen many musicals -- fewer than 10, I'd guess -- but what always surprises me is there almost always is a dark undercurrent to them, even the ones that on the surface seem very happy and positive. Like, I read how "Showboat" is about racism. I've read that Carousel also has a dark theme to it. "South Pacific" also dealt with racism.
I think that's what makes them deeper and more interesting, but the commercials for them on TV never show the dark stuff.
Did you see Rent? Same thing. Some really good, fun music, but kinda dark underneath.

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#85087 May 3, 2013
Stina, what the others said!

Location hidden

#85088 May 3, 2013
Sam I Am GEAM wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you see Rent? Same thing. Some really good, fun music, but kinda dark underneath.
I didn't, but THAT one I do know more about, because it's one of those rare "new" musicals.
Stina

Saint Petersburg, FL

#85089 May 3, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
Stina, what the others said!
thanks ang
Stina

Saint Petersburg, FL

#85090 May 3, 2013
ScarletandOlive wrote:
<quoted text>
You are being a good person and you are putting your daughter first, which you know is the most important thing. If he does not respect your role as her primary caregiver, though, he leaves you no choice and that sucks.
(((Stina)))
Thanks for the hugs!

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#85091 May 3, 2013
Come to think of it....Miss Saigon and West Side Story are about race....but not Oklahoma or Paint Your Wagon......

“I Am Mine”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#85092 May 3, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't, but THAT one I do know more about, because it's one of those rare "new" musicals.
I saw Rent and literally almost fell asleep

Location hidden

#85093 May 3, 2013
Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text>I saw Rent and literally almost fell asleep
Really? I would love to see it.

“...,to wit”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#85094 May 3, 2013
Sam I Am GEAM wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah. I saw it at the Schubert. It had the one good song. However when the main gil has died of AIDS at the end and she is on the gurney and suddenly sits bolt upright singing the Mimi melody from LaBoheme I almost plotzed (nod to AS) and not in a good way. A good friend walked out at intermission and I couldn't blame him but the tickets were expensive so I stayed.

“...,to wit”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#85095 May 3, 2013
Sam I Am GEAM wrote:
<quoted text>
You know its a direct ripoff of the story from La Boheme?

Format for any opera: Boy gets girl, Boyloses girl, Someone dies. Wash rinse and repeat.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 9 min Frijoles 68,944
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 10 min James 68,351
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 13 min PDUPONT 1,099,852
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 2 hr D-U-H 49,462
HKN Record Label(Davido OBO) Need UpComing Arti... 2 hr Mr Michael 1
Danger! It is horrible, rotten luck to hug a w... 2 hr minluo 2
Word (Dec '08) 3 hr andet1987 4,649
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 4 hr LRS 177,347
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000