Neda, stay with me!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 2, 2013

Judged:

WTF are you talking about, I never said to lower or eliminate anything, thats all in your not so pretty little head.

No go back and think really really hard to come up with an acceptable retort, not this imaginary things you wish I had said stuff.

But I do agree that seatbelts should be optional for anyone over 18.

Sam I Am GEAM wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope, it's not like that at all. But you go ahead and keep making silly comparisons, it's amusing in a "bucket on a kid's head" kind of way.
Hundreds of thousands of people DWI every weekend and don't get in an accident, let's drop BAC limits.
Millions of people disobey the speed limit every day. Let's drop speed limits.
Millions of people drive every day without wearing a seatbelt and they don't get in an accident. Let's get rid of seatbelts.
Each of those arguments is just as silly as yours and equally invalid.

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 2, 2013

Judged:

Not surprising, you're the one who said it. Guess you cant be bothered with thinking before you type.
Sam I Am GEAM wrote:
<quoted text>
Who said no one should own firearms? I guess I missed that argument.

Neda, stay with me!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 2, 2013

Judged:

ZING!
That is actually really good.
edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
Ha! And you talk to HIM about "silly comparisons."
And using your own examples: Millions of people DON'T commit gun crimes. So... let's make more gun laws??
You are beyond retarded.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 2, 2013

edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
Ahem, Cat Woman?
I think she made an okay Storm. But the comic book Storm was actually Egyptian. They should have used a Middle Eastern actress. Then again, comic book Wolverine was practically a midget. In Hollywood it's more about fame and pretty faces. Halley Berry was well known and popular. And the people probably wouldn't have gotten on board with a midget Wolverine. It's all about selling tickets.
Yeah, she has had some strange roles.....talking about short,wonder what's the deal with James Caan's son on Hawaii Five-O?....he must be all of 5'2"....lol....somebody said taller, but i smell a press agent....lol....

“reign in blood”

Since: May 09

Braidwood, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 2, 2013

Judged:

Sam I Am GEAM wrote:
Who said no one should own firearms?
You.
Sam I Am GEAM wrote:
You can't bring something you don't have in the first place.
Let the back-peddling begin...!

Neda, stay with me!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 2, 2013

He should embrace it. Divito mad a career out of being short fat and stupid.
Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah, she has had some strange roles.....talking about short,wonder what's the deal with James Caan's son on Hawaii Five-O?....he must be all of 5'2"....lol....somebody said taller, but i smell a press agent....lol....

“reign in blood”

Braidwood, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 2, 2013

Judged:

RACE wrote:
ZING!
That is actually really good.
Eh, pointing out a liberal's hypocrisy is kinda like stealing candy from a baby. Too easy and therefor not much of a victory.

“boredom made me do it”

Since: Aug 08

ny, ny

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 2, 2013

edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
Ahem, Cat Woman?
I think she made an okay Storm. But the comic book Storm was actually Egyptian. They should have used a Middle Eastern actress. Then again, comic book Wolverine was practically a midget. In Hollywood it's more about fame and pretty faces. Halley Berry was well known and popular. And the people probably wouldn't have gotten on board with a midget Wolverine. It's all about selling tickets.
Wait... what? Methinks you have not done nearly enough reading. Let's start here:

1) The character is African and is considered a goddess in her homeland. She lived in Egypt until she was a teenager when she returned to Africa.
2) Halle Berry is not statuesque.
3) Halle Berry does not do quiet powerful strength and dignity. She does weak trembling quiet strength and scrappiness.
4) Wolverine is short, but he is not a midget. His portrayed height differential is not as great as Storm's.

“reign in blood”

Braidwood, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 2, 2013

animaniactoo wrote:
<quoted text>
Wait... what? Methinks you have not done nearly enough reading. Let's start here:
1) The character is African and is considered a goddess in her homeland. She lived in Egypt until she was a teenager when she returned to Africa.
3) Halle Berry does not do quiet powerful strength and dignity. She does weak trembling quiet strength and scrappiness.
4) Wolverine is short, but he is not a midget. His portrayed height differential is not as great as Storm's.
Sorry. Thanks. Guess I'm not much of a nerd.

“boredom made me do it”

ny, ny

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 2, 2013

edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry. Thanks. Guess I'm not much of a nerd.
Apparently not. In this context, the correct term is GEEK tyvm.

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 2, 2013

Judged:

animaniactoo wrote:
<quoted text>
Egypt is in Africa.

“boredom made me do it”

ny, ny

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 2, 2013

RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>
Egypt is in Africa.
That's a valid point. Vague memory says she's more from one of the middle countries though - i.e. deeply entrenched in what we think of as African Culture, not Egyptian culture which is largely Arabic.

“It made sense at the time....”

Des Plaines, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 2, 2013

Pelly, i have a question about a yiddish-ism... does one plotz over something or plotz from it...? i had to define it to someone who has seen some one plotzing on many occasions, but hadn't heard the term.

“...,to wit”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 2, 2013

edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
Eh, pointing out a liberal's hypocrisy is kinda like stealing candy from a baby. Too easy and therefor not much of a victory.
Have you ever actually tried prying a piece of something sweet away from a baby?
The process leaves bruises ...on both parties. Just sayin'

“...,to wit”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 2, 2013

Aisle Sitter wrote:
Pelly, i have a question about a yiddish-ism... does one plotz over something or plotz from it...? i had to define it to someone who has seen some one plotzing on many occasions, but hadn't heard the term.
Had to think about that.
Plotz is an active verb. Metaphorical collapse in aggravation, frustration or being really tired.

I could just plotz from trying to get Edog and Sam to play nice. I wouldn't plotz over them. Unless I just collapsed on the couch after a really long day , I wouldn't think someone would see me physically plotz.

There is a book by Leo Rosten called The Joys of Yiddish that was like the OED of Yiddish when I was growing up.

Yiddish is a combination of mostly German with Hebrew, some Polish and probably some of the Russian languages mixed in. You could probably take the German usage and feel confident you weren't mangling things too badly.

True story: I was at the Tower of London with my daughter. We ere surrounded by noting but German speaking tourists and I needed to ask where eh restaurants/food were. I dredged up my old Yiddish and it worked just fine. Either that or they thought I was threatening to cannibalize the kid. Either way it worked.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 3, 2013

Good morning. I'm going to try to get the columns posted.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 3, 2013

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 3, 2013

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 3, 2013

PE, I haven't seen many musicals -- fewer than 10, I'd guess -- but what always surprises me is there almost always is a dark undercurrent to them, even the ones that on the surface seem very happy and positive. Like, I read how "Showboat" is about racism. I've read that Carousel also has a dark theme to it. "South Pacific" also dealt with racism.

I think that's what makes them deeper and more interesting, but the commercials for them on TV never show the dark stuff.

Since: Mar 09

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 3, 2013

Thanks Ang!

Weekend plans, everyone?

It's Sunfest weekend here ( www.sunfest.org ) and so far it's been Rainfest - yesterday I joked to a couple of people how I don't remember moving to Seattle. We have had dreary weather all week and there are still storms in the forecast but it's sunny right now, so I'll take it! This morning was the first time since Monday that it wasn't raining when I walked my dogs.

I have tickets and plans for tonight, tomorrow and Sunday. There's a chance I might run into Jasper and PMS, but I'm mentally prepared for it.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 83,881 - 83,900 of97,508
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

162 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 4 min Terry rigsby 48,831
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 5 min Frijoles 68,349
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 6 min Nostrilis Waxman 1,078,136
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 8 min wojar 174,436
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 23 min tellin it like it is 4,541
Last word + 2 (Mar '12) 34 min 75 Scorpio 453
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 37 min TRD 67,845
•••

Beach Hazards Statement for Cook County was issued at July 22 at 2:51PM CDT

•••
•••
Chicago Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Chicago Jobs