Braidwood, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 2, 2013

RedheadwGlasses wrote:
Avengers was surprisingly family-friendly.
I wasn't surprised by how badly it sucked.

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 2, 2013

edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
Worked for me. It's about people dressing up as pirates when they were gonna hear a sea captain give a speech. They didn't realize he was held hostage for several weeks by... Somali pirates...
Weird, I tried it at least three times and it was to a dead site.

“boredom made me do it”

Since: Aug 08

ny, ny

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 2, 2013

They'll keep making Iron-Man and X-Man movies until they run out of material to mine from the comic books or they stop making money on them.

So far, most of the recent crop of Comic-Book-based movies have been pretty good if you're looking at them as comic books and not standalone movies. As standalone tales, some of them are better than others.

The only glaringly bad decision in any of them, for me, is the decision to cast Halle Berry as Storm/Ororo. Even an unknown would have been better than a woman who could in no way embody the physical characteristics and attitude of the character, even *if* she is a "name".

“boredom made me do it”

Since: Aug 08

ny, ny

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 2, 2013

ugh. X-Men. Not Man.

I admit, however, that I did not see The Green Lantern because I heard it sucked if you are comic-geeky. See above opinion on casting Halle Berry as Storm/Ororo to determine if I am comic-geeky.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 2, 2013

I find Halle Berry to be beautiful but not very bright and certainly not talented. Just competent at best. But beautiful for sure.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 2, 2013

Judged:

AND the way she trashed her child's father after they split turned me against her big time.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 2, 2013

Toj wrote:
<quoted text>
You know, there already was a movie made called the Great Gatsby with Robert Redford. sometimes in the mid-'70s. You guys probably weren't even born.
Some of the remakes are just brutal....i saw, Bye Bye Birdie....with George from Seinfeld and ...wait....Vanessa Williams as a couple....some movie's are too good in the original, and don't need remade, eh?.....

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 2, 2013

RedheadwGlasses wrote:
I find Halle Berry to be beautiful but not very bright and certainly not talented. Just competent at best. But beautiful for sure.
Have you ever seen, Monster's Ball?....i think she is very talented actress.....maybe it's her roles?

“Checks and Balances”

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 2, 2013

RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>Bad link.
I am using my iPhone, so it may be a mobile link? That's why I don't post the girls.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 2, 2013

Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text>Have you ever seen, Monster's Ball?....i think she is very talented actress.....maybe it's her roles?
I didn't see that, but I Loved a comedian's take on it, telling her character: "You need a new life? Need an income? YOU'RE BEAUTIFUL. GO BE A MODEL." It cracked me up.

I have seen her in a couple of movies (including Losing Isaiah) and just thought she was meh, maybe okay.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 2, 2013

ScarletandOlive wrote:
<quoted text>
I am using my iPhone, so it may be a mobile link? That's why I don't post the girls.
Not sure, edog could see it.

“FD&S is no way to be.”

Since: Feb 13

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 2, 2013

edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
If only we banned guns from airports, this never would have happened...
You can't bring something you don't have in the first place.

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 2, 2013

Judged:

and yet millions of gun owners did NOT bring their weapons to the airport today.... But lets take their guns away from them because of this moron.
(sigh)

That like saying sterilize all women because a few do nothing more than push out babies they cant afford.
Sam I Am GEAM wrote:
<quoted text>

“suffers from formicophilia ”

Since: May 09

Braidwood, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 2, 2013

Sam I Am GEAM wrote:
Right. Not allowing anyone to own a firearm is the answer. Worked pretty well in Chicago didn't it? Never any shootings there.

Wow, you just can't get it, can you? No surprise...

Braidwood, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 2, 2013

RACE wrote:
and yet millions of gun owners did NOT bring their weapons to the airport today....
Whoa there, she can't grasp that concept. She doesn't comprehend the millions of gun owners who don't go on shooting sprees.

“FD&S is no way to be.”

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 2, 2013

Judged:

RACE wrote:
and yet millions of gun owners did NOT bring their weapons to the airport today.... But lets take their guns away from them because of this moron.
(sigh)
That like saying sterilize all women because a few do nothing more than push out babies they cant afford.
<quoted text>
Nope, it's not like that at all. But you go ahead and keep making silly comparisons, it's amusing in a "bucket on a kid's head" kind of way.

Hundreds of thousands of people DWI every weekend and don't get in an accident, let's drop BAC limits.

Millions of people disobey the speed limit every day. Let's drop speed limits.

Millions of people drive every day without wearing a seatbelt and they don't get in an accident. Let's get rid of seatbelts.

Each of those arguments is just as silly as yours and equally invalid.

Braidwood, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 2, 2013

Go Blue Forever wrote:
Have you ever seen, Monster's Ball?....i think she is very talented actress.....maybe it's her roles?
Ahem, Cat Woman?

I think she made an okay Storm. But the comic book Storm was actually Egyptian. They should have used a Middle Eastern actress. Then again, comic book Wolverine was practically a midget. In Hollywood it's more about fame and pretty faces. Halley Berry was well known and popular. And the people probably wouldn't have gotten on board with a midget Wolverine. It's all about selling tickets.

Braidwood, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 2, 2013

Judged:

Sam I Am GEAM wrote:
But you go ahead and keep making silly comparisons
Hundreds of thousands of people DWI every weekend and don't get in an accident, let's drop BAC limits.
Millions of people drive every day without wearing a seatbelt and they don't get in an accident. Let's get rid of seatbelts.
Ha! And you talk to HIM about "silly comparisons."

And using your own examples: Millions of people DON'T commit gun crimes. So... let's make more gun laws??

You are beyond retarded.

“FD&S is no way to be.”

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 2, 2013

edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
Right. Not allowing anyone to own a firearm is the answer. Worked pretty well in Chicago didn't it? Never any shootings there.
Wow, you just can't get it, can you? No surprise...
Who said no one should own firearms? I guess I missed that argument.

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 2, 2013

Judged:

WTF are you talking about, I never said to lower or eliminate anything, thats all in your not so pretty little head.

No go back and think really really hard to come up with an acceptable retort, not this imaginary things you wish I had said stuff.

But I do agree that seatbelts should be optional for anyone over 18.

Sam I Am GEAM wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope, it's not like that at all. But you go ahead and keep making silly comparisons, it's amusing in a "bucket on a kid's head" kind of way.
Each of those arguments is just as silly as yours and equally invalid.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 83,881 - 83,900 of96,151
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

47 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 4 min No Surprize 1,034,667
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 8 min OzRitz 43,027
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 48 min Eric 65,185
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 51 min wojar 167,687
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 1 hr what 47,075
Four letter word game (Dec '11) 1 hr Hbu Hd 1,163
IL Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Illinois ... (Oct '10) 2 hr jimtownhounddogsniffing 6,538
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]