Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2013

I agree that clocks aren't necessary. I probably fee that way b/c I have the time on my office phone, on my computer in the right hand corner, when I'm out of the office I can see the time at a glance on my cell. There are buildings with huge digital clocks.

I never wear a watch. Althought I do like the white ceramic watches more for the style. I might get one of those.

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2013

I work with a few very smart engineers who are the same way: They need numbers on their clocks.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2013

I was never a watch guy....just never felt the need...all my cars had clocks...work alway's had them.....cable box and oven have clocks....enough clocks..... never got it....

“What's it to ya?”

Since: Mar 09

Tacoma, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2013

Just posted this on FB, but I still need to complain:

How the hell is this guy going to go moving up an assignment by a whole freaking week? There is a schedule for a reason. People make plans according to the schedule that HE provided and now he's going and screwing it (and everything else for which time has been budgeted) all up. I am SO pissed right now!

/rant (sorta)

“This is SPARTA!”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2013

Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text>What is the position, you are seeking?
Downward dog.

“This is SPARTA!”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2013

edogxxx wrote:
Most people should be able to read a clock without numbers. Numbers are helpful, yes, but not necessary.
Numbers? Not necessary, but there should be at least some sort of marker/placeholder/lines where the numbers would go. I can easily understand someone not being able to guestimate where the 4 or 5 start and end.

“This is SPARTA!”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2013

Toj wrote:
I agree that clocks aren't necessary. I probably fee that way b/c I have the time on my office phone, on my computer in the right hand corner, when I'm out of the office I can see the time at a glance on my cell.
This. If I'm sitting at work, every one of these would be a place I'd check before looking at an analog wall clock.

“Checks and Balances”

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2013

Toj wrote:
I agree that clocks aren't necessary. I probably fee that way b/c I have the time on my office phone, on my computer in the right hand corner, when I'm out of the office I can see the time at a glance on my cell. There are buildings with huge digital clocks.

I never wear a watch. Althought I do like the white ceramic watches more for the style. I might get one of those.
When I started subbing, I asked my husband to get me a watch with numbers and a second hand for Christmas. Classes end at strange times (like 11:17) and not all of the rooms have working clocks. Also, you are not allowed to take phones out while you are working with the students.

I don't wear one when I'm not working, though. I get too anal retentive when it comes to time and not wearing a watch helps me to calm down.

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2013

Ha!
Years and years ago (before I lived in FL) I was visiting, and apparently I had a habit of looking at my watch. My buddy was like "WTF you looking at your watch for? You're on vacation." So I took my watch off and did not put one back on until that same buddy gave me a Seiko some 17 years later. Waterproof to like 8 atmospheres or something. Said he never expected me to do something like that. So now I wear that watch when I go out or visit him, part of the bling package and all that. But as habit, I still dont wear one.
ScarletandOlive wrote:
<quoted text>
When I started subbing, I asked my husband to get me a watch with numbers and a second hand for Christmas. Classes end at strange times (like 11:17) and not all of the rooms have working clocks. Also, you are not allowed to take phones out while you are working with the students.
I don't wear one when I'm not working, though. I get too anal retentive when it comes to time and not wearing a watch helps me to calm down.

“What's it to ya?”

Tacoma, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2013

RACE wrote:
Ha!
Years and years ago (before I lived in FL) I was visiting, and apparently I had a habit of looking at my watch. My buddy was like "WTF you looking at your watch for? You're on vacation." So I took my watch off and did not put one back on until that same buddy gave me a Seiko some 17 years later. Waterproof to like 8 atmospheres or something. Said he never expected me to do something like that. So now I wear that watch when I go out or visit him, part of the bling package and all that. But as habit, I still dont wear one.
<quoted text>
I have a watch that needs a battery. It's needed one for at least three years. I keep forgetting to take it with me when I go to the mall. Apparently it's the only place in town that replaces Fossil batteries. I don't know why. <shrug> I have a bunch of other watches too. They all need batteries. There's a Seiko (which I love btw) that I want for a graduation gift. It's like 600.00. Every time I mention it people look at me like I'm speaking Martian. <shrug again>

“...,to wit”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2013

RACE wrote:
Ha!
<quoted text>
My kids tell me that is a generational marker.People who have grown up with cell phones don't wear watches.
Thank your buddy for taking 20 years off your age.

Toj

“Equality”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2013

PEllen wrote:
<quoted text>My kids tell me that is a generational marker.People who have grown up with cell phones don't wear watches.
Thank your buddy for taking 20 years off your age.
I never have worn a watch. Well, maybe not never, but rarely. The first cell phone I got was when I was 35. I'm left handed but I tend to use both hands for various things. I think most lefties are like this. So a watch always bothered me.(mimi shrug) Guess I'm just different.:) Like THAT comes as a surprise.

Toj

“Equality”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2013

Hey, Mimi. A friend of mine mentioned she was invited to a Muslim wedding. A coworker is getting married. She wants to go out of respectful curiosity and doesn't know what to expect. She hasn't responded yet because the coworker is a PITA and that's a reason she really doesn't want to go.

The curiosity and learning experience is pushing her towards it.

How does a Muslim wedding (usually) differ from other weddings/ceremonies? And the reception as well?

“suffers from formicophilia ”

Since: May 09

Braidwood, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2013

Judged:

Mister Tonka wrote:
Numbers? Not necessary, but there should be at least some sort of marker/placeholder/lines where the numbers would go.
No. If you don't know where the numbers on a clock belong by now, you've gone through life completely clueless.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2013

I know where the numbers go, but it's a spacial (spatial?) thing. At least give me notches where the numbers go.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2013

We have snow predicted here on Thursday.

It's not even funny at this point.

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2013

RedheadwGlasses wrote:
Dude, I picked May because I thought it would be spring....

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2013

Went to Europe once in April....don't ever do that, unless you can really handle cold well....it snowed in Zurich and Munich...thought i'd die...lol...

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2013

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2013

Ha-Ha!
RedheadwGlasses wrote:

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 83,721 - 83,740 of96,067
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

72 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 4 min John Galt 1,033,029
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 14 min KiMare 47,027
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 37 min Eric 65,059
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 49 min Grand Birther 167,453
Obama and Hillary's Just Dessert? 56 min josphd 3
Song Titles Only (group/artist in parenthesis m... (Mar '10) 58 min josphd 7,547
Abby 4-14 1 hr cheluzal 54
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Personal Finance