“The two baby belly, please!”

Since: Sep 09

Evanston IL

#84890 Apr 30, 2013
j_m_w wrote:
Are you guys seeing the ads on the left side of the Topix screens? They're annoying.
I only see then on the right.

Toj

“Where is Everyone?”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#84891 Apr 30, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
We have snow predicted here on Thursday.
It's not even funny at this point.
It isn't. We're suppose to get up to 83 today. Warm weather has to be coming your way soon.

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me!

#84892 Apr 30, 2013
It's called "ads by zinc" or something. it slides out from the left side, then slides back, then out again, then back, then.....

I have flash turned off, so when I clicked the x it minimized, and since then has dissapeared.
squishymama wrote:
<quoted text>
I only see then on the right.

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me!

#84893 Apr 30, 2013
Yeah, but you're cute crazy!
Stina wrote:
<quoted text>
They've been driving me crazy! well, crazier...

Since: Mar 09

Miami, FL

#84894 Apr 30, 2013
RACE wrote:
It's called "ads by zinc" or something. it slides out from the left side, then slides back, then out again, then back, then.....
I have flash turned off, so when I clicked the x it minimized, and since then has dissapeared.
<quoted text>
I don't even have Flash on Firefox - for this reason - and I still see the stupid zinc ads sliding over.

Evanston IL

#84895 Apr 30, 2013
Toj wrote:
<quoted text>
It isn't. We're suppose to get up to 83 today. Warm weather has to be coming your way soon.
That same weather that's going to be snow in MN will make it cold and rainy here. Weekend highs are predicted to be in the 50's.

I've already lost my tulips, so really I don't care anymore.

Evanston IL

#84896 Apr 30, 2013
RACE wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, not seeing those. Yay!

My work computer is so protected (read messed-up) that most of the time I can't even see the avatars. Just the little red x where the photo should be. Not even sure that the new one of the puppy I put up a few days ago is showing since at home I check topix on my phone.

Miami, FL

#84897 Apr 30, 2013
squishymama wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, not seeing those. Yay!
My work computer is so protected (read messed-up) that most of the time I can't even see the avatars. Just the little red x where the photo should be. Not even sure that the new one of the puppy I put up a few days ago is showing since at home I check topix on my phone.
I see the puppy.

Evanston IL

#84898 Apr 30, 2013
j_m_w wrote:
<quoted text>
I see the puppy.
thanks jmw!

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#84899 Apr 30, 2013
Stina wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry, but it kinda is!:P
Been in the 80s here!!!
It was almost 80 here yesterday, gorgeous for softball. 40 tomorrow with rain and snow.

Location hidden

#84900 Apr 30, 2013
squishy: Adorable puppy! And is that your oldest daughter holding him, wearing the crazy pants? Those are fun!

“What's it to ya?”

Location hidden

#84901 Apr 30, 2013
Toj wrote:
Hey, Mimi. A friend of mine mentioned she was invited to a Muslim wedding. A coworker is getting married. She wants to go out of respectful curiosity and doesn't know what to expect. She hasn't responded yet because the coworker is a PITA and that's a reason she really doesn't want to go.
The curiosity and learning experience is pushing her towards it.
How does a Muslim wedding (usually) differ from other weddings/ceremonies? And the reception as well?
Well it depends on the particular culture. I got married in Morocco and Moroccan weddings are all night affairs. We actually GOT married in a civil service at the Mosque/court house by the judge/priest ("Adul") then we went home and had a blow out party that lasted for about 18 hours. Lots of food, music and everyone in the city was there.

I don't know if other cultures have an actual ceremony (similar to "American style" weddings) or not. Ours was pretty perfunctory, just the legal stuff. "Do you agree to marry him? Did he give you $2500.00?" "Sigh here." They asked him the same stuff (minus the money question...in Islam the husband pays the wife a dowery...it is supposed to be $2500.00 per the Koran...it's her separate property) and he signed.

IIRC, his mother (who was with us) signed as a witness, but I don't really remember for sure. Of course in the US there are legal requirements for witnesses and such depending on which state you're in.

“What's it to ya?”

Location hidden

#84902 Apr 30, 2013
edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
They bomb a bus at the end.
Fluck you!

“reign in blood”

Since: May 09

Wilmington, IL

#84903 Apr 30, 2013
Mimi Seattle wrote:
Fluck you!
Your willingness to marry a Muslim doesn't make you a very good feminist.
Stina

Saint Petersburg, FL

#84904 Apr 30, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>
It was almost 80 here yesterday, gorgeous for softball. 40 tomorrow with rain and snow.
I do hate when it's inconsistent like that!!!!
Stina

Saint Petersburg, FL

#84905 Apr 30, 2013
Mimi Seattle wrote:
<quoted text>
Well it depends on the particular culture. I got married in Morocco and Moroccan weddings are all night affairs. We actually GOT married in a civil service at the Mosque/court house by the judge/priest ("Adul") then we went home and had a blow out party that lasted for about 18 hours. Lots of food, music and everyone in the city was there.
I don't know if other cultures have an actual ceremony (similar to "American style" weddings) or not. Ours was pretty perfunctory, just the legal stuff. "Do you agree to marry him? Did he give you $2500.00?" "Sigh here." They asked him the same stuff (minus the money question...in Islam the husband pays the wife a dowery...it is supposed to be $2500.00 per the Koran...it's her separate property) and he signed.
IIRC, his mother (who was with us) signed as a witness, but I don't really remember for sure. Of course in the US there are legal requirements for witnesses and such depending on which state you're in.
What did you do with the $2500???

Location hidden

#84906 Apr 30, 2013
edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
Your willingness to marry a Muslim doesn't make you a very good feminist.
Islam actually teaches/preaches true equality between the two genders. It's the weirdo extremists who've ruined that.

Location hidden

#84907 Apr 30, 2013
Stina wrote:
<quoted text>
What did you do with the $2500???
She earned every penny of it!

Evanston IL

#84908 Apr 30, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
squishy: Adorable puppy! And is that your oldest daughter holding him, wearing the crazy pants? Those are fun!
Yeah, that's Lulu. Gotta love Old Navy, or as we like to call it Cold Gravy.

I whined to Dickie about spending 15ish hours in a car driving to cedar rapids and back to get this dog, but I gotta say she is an excellent puppy and it really felt like she was just waiting for us to come get her.
Stina

Saint Petersburg, FL

#84909 Apr 30, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>
She earned every penny of it!
You're probably right!
I just hope she did something fun with it!
:D

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 4 min Dale 182,278
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 8 min John Galt 1,156,610
Holiday Greetings 14 min Daddy Warbucks 4
Chicago police stop black motorists more, ACLU ... 19 min ProfilingNecessary 10
Chicagoa s 2014 murder total on track for anoth... 42 min Did enuf die 6
Amy 12-28-14 45 min Mister Tonka 10
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 1 hr JOEL 71,301
Chicago Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web