Comments
83,681 - 83,700 of 97,916 Comments Last updated 12 hrs ago

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#84849 Apr 29, 2013
edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
Honey, I'm looking for something that pays a little more than $10 an hour.
What is the position, you are seeking?

“...,to wit”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#84850 Apr 29, 2013
edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
Honey, I'm looking for something that pays a little more than $10 an hour.
(Dog- Go Blu is a guy ,so if you want to call him your honey,....)

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#84851 Apr 29, 2013
Sigh. Ithought it was 11 so I fixed my lunch. 45 minutes later, coworker asks why I'm eating lunch an hour early (she's been sitting here the whole time). Stupid new clocks with no numbers on them.

It's gonna be a long afternoon.

“reign in blood”

Since: May 09

Wilmington, IL

#84852 Apr 29, 2013
Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text>What is the position, you are seeking?
There are a few different one's available. I'll see which one is a good fit. Won't get too excited, I'm not overly optimistic.

“reign in blood”

Wilmington, IL

#84853 Apr 29, 2013
PEllen wrote:
<quoted text>
(Dog- Go Blu is a guy ,so if you want to call him your honey,....)
Really? Thanks, honey.

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me!

#84854 Apr 29, 2013
clocks with no numbers??? Who would buy such a thing?
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
Sigh. Ithought it was 11 so I fixed my lunch. 45 minutes later, coworker asks why I'm eating lunch an hour early (she's been sitting here the whole time). Stupid new clocks with no numbers on them.
It's gonna be a long afternoon.

Location hidden

#84855 Apr 29, 2013
RACE wrote:
<quoted text>
I know. But most clocks seem to have either no numbers or just 12-3-6-9. I need numbers, all 12 of them.
Stina

Saint Petersburg, FL

#84856 Apr 29, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>
I know. But most clocks seem to have either no numbers or just 12-3-6-9. I need numbers, all 12 of them.
Look at it this way, it was lunchtime HERE when you ate! Along that line of thinking, you should be allowed to go home when it's quitting time here, too!

“...,to wit”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#84858 Apr 29, 2013
RACE wrote:
<quoted text>
Ever seen a Movado watch? Their signature is a face with a single dot at 12 o'clock.

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me!

#84859 Apr 29, 2013
Yes I have. A watch I can see, but not an office clock.
PEllen wrote:
<quoted text>Ever seen a Movado watch? Their signature is a face with a single dot at 12 o'clock.

Location hidden

#84860 Apr 29, 2013
RACE wrote:
Yes I have. A watch I can see, but not an office clock.
<quoted text>
The clock I Had was fine, but one guy was so moved by his 20 or 25 year anniversary recently, he custom ordered a ton of these clocks (with our logo, motto, etc.) and replaced the already-existing clocks with these.

“reign in blood”

Wilmington, IL

#84861 Apr 29, 2013
Most people should be able to read a clock without numbers. Numbers are helpful, yes, but not necessary.

Toj

“Equality”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#84862 Apr 29, 2013
I agree that clocks aren't necessary. I probably fee that way b/c I have the time on my office phone, on my computer in the right hand corner, when I'm out of the office I can see the time at a glance on my cell. There are buildings with huge digital clocks.

I never wear a watch. Althought I do like the white ceramic watches more for the style. I might get one of those.

Location hidden

#84863 Apr 29, 2013
I work with a few very smart engineers who are the same way: They need numbers on their clocks.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#84864 Apr 29, 2013
I was never a watch guy....just never felt the need...all my cars had clocks...work alway's had them.....cable box and oven have clocks....enough clocks..... never got it....

“What's it to ya?”

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#84865 Apr 29, 2013
Just posted this on FB, but I still need to complain:

How the hell is this guy going to go moving up an assignment by a whole freaking week? There is a schedule for a reason. People make plans according to the schedule that HE provided and now he's going and screwing it (and everything else for which time has been budgeted) all up. I am SO pissed right now!

/rant (sorta)

“I Am Mine”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#84866 Apr 29, 2013
Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text>What is the position, you are seeking?
Downward dog.

“I Am Mine”

Location hidden

#84867 Apr 29, 2013
edogxxx wrote:
Most people should be able to read a clock without numbers. Numbers are helpful, yes, but not necessary.
Numbers? Not necessary, but there should be at least some sort of marker/placeholder/lines where the numbers would go. I can easily understand someone not being able to guestimate where the 4 or 5 start and end.

“I Am Mine”

Location hidden

#84868 Apr 29, 2013
Toj wrote:
I agree that clocks aren't necessary. I probably fee that way b/c I have the time on my office phone, on my computer in the right hand corner, when I'm out of the office I can see the time at a glance on my cell.
This. If I'm sitting at work, every one of these would be a place I'd check before looking at an analog wall clock.

“Checks and Balances”

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

#84869 Apr 29, 2013
Toj wrote:
I agree that clocks aren't necessary. I probably fee that way b/c I have the time on my office phone, on my computer in the right hand corner, when I'm out of the office I can see the time at a glance on my cell. There are buildings with huge digital clocks.

I never wear a watch. Althought I do like the white ceramic watches more for the style. I might get one of those.
When I started subbing, I asked my husband to get me a watch with numbers and a second hand for Christmas. Classes end at strange times (like 11:17) and not all of the rooms have working clocks. Also, you are not allowed to take phones out while you are working with the students.

I don't wear one when I'm not working, though. I get too anal retentive when it comes to time and not wearing a watch helps me to calm down.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
IL Illinois Governor Recall Amendment (Oct '10) 10 min Corrupt Democrats 1,902
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 10 min Obskeptic 177,350
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 20 min Grey Ghost 1,099,857
The monkey in the room 25 min hands on AR 2
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 25 min JOEL 68,947
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 46 min James 68,351
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 2 hr D-U-H 49,462
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••