Topix Chitown Regulars

Toj

“Where is Everyone?”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#84876 Apr 29, 2013
Hey, Mimi. A friend of mine mentioned she was invited to a Muslim wedding. A coworker is getting married. She wants to go out of respectful curiosity and doesn't know what to expect. She hasn't responded yet because the coworker is a PITA and that's a reason she really doesn't want to go.

The curiosity and learning experience is pushing her towards it.

How does a Muslim wedding (usually) differ from other weddings/ceremonies? And the reception as well?

“reign in blood”

Since: May 09

Wilmington, IL

#84877 Apr 29, 2013
Mister Tonka wrote:
Numbers? Not necessary, but there should be at least some sort of marker/placeholder/lines where the numbers would go.
No. If you don't know where the numbers on a clock belong by now, you've gone through life completely clueless.

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#84879 Apr 29, 2013
I know where the numbers go, but it's a spacial (spatial?) thing. At least give me notches where the numbers go.

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#84880 Apr 29, 2013
We have snow predicted here on Thursday.

It's not even funny at this point.

Since: Mar 09

Miami, FL

#84881 Apr 30, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
Dude, I picked May because I thought it would be spring....

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#84882 Apr 30, 2013
Went to Europe once in April....don't ever do that, unless you can really handle cold well....it snowed in Zurich and Munich...thought i'd die...lol...

Miami, FL

#84883 Apr 30, 2013

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me! Charlie

#84884 Apr 30, 2013
Ha-Ha!
RedheadwGlasses wrote:

“Fort Kickass”

Since: Sep 09

Bloomington, IL

#84885 Apr 30, 2013
Toj wrote:
Hey, Mimi. A friend of mine mentioned she was invited to a Muslim wedding. A coworker is getting married. She wants to go out of respectful curiosity and doesn't know what to expect. She hasn't responded yet because the coworker is a PITA and that's a reason she really doesn't want to go.
The curiosity and learning experience is pushing her towards it.
How does a Muslim wedding (usually) differ from other weddings/ceremonies? And the reception as well?
I went to a Muslim reception once. I'd say dress conservatively and go have fun. Don't expect booze, though. Definitely one of the biggest and most expensive receptions I've ever been to.

Miami, FL

#84886 Apr 30, 2013
Are you guys seeing the ads on the left side of the Topix screens? They're annoying.

#84887 Apr 30, 2013
YUP, very very annoying.
j_m_w wrote:
Are you guys seeing the ads on the left side of the Topix screens? They're annoying.
Stina

Saint Petersburg, FL

#84888 Apr 30, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
Sorry, but it kinda is!:P

Been in the 80s here!!!
Stina

Saint Petersburg, FL

#84889 Apr 30, 2013
RACE wrote:
YUP, very very annoying.
<quoted text>
They've been driving me crazy! well, crazier...

“The two baby belly, please!”

Evanston IL

#84890 Apr 30, 2013
j_m_w wrote:
I only see then on the right.

Toj

“Where is Everyone?”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#84891 Apr 30, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
It isn't. We're suppose to get up to 83 today. Warm weather has to be coming your way soon.

#84892 Apr 30, 2013
It's called "ads by zinc" or something. it slides out from the left side, then slides back, then out again, then back, then.....

I have flash turned off, so when I clicked the x it minimized, and since then has dissapeared.
squishymama wrote:
<quoted text>
I only see then on the right.

#84893 Apr 30, 2013
Yeah, but you're cute crazy!
Stina wrote:
<quoted text>
They've been driving me crazy! well, crazier...

Miami, FL

#84894 Apr 30, 2013
RACE wrote:
It's called "ads by zinc" or something. it slides out from the left side, then slides back, then out again, then back, then.....
I have flash turned off, so when I clicked the x it minimized, and since then has dissapeared.
<quoted text>
I don't even have Flash on Firefox - for this reason - and I still see the stupid zinc ads sliding over.

Evanston IL

#84895 Apr 30, 2013
Toj wrote:
<quoted text>
It isn't. We're suppose to get up to 83 today. Warm weather has to be coming your way soon.
That same weather that's going to be snow in MN will make it cold and rainy here. Weekend highs are predicted to be in the 50's.

I've already lost my tulips, so really I don't care anymore.

Evanston IL

#84896 Apr 30, 2013
RACE wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, not seeing those. Yay!

My work computer is so protected (read messed-up) that most of the time I can't even see the avatars. Just the little red x where the photo should be. Not even sure that the new one of the puppy I put up a few days ago is showing since at home I check topix on my phone.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 4 min sonicfilter 1,262,172
Amy 7-29-15 4 min Mister Tonka 6
abby7-29-15 22 min RACE 1
Song Titles Only (group/artist in parenthesis m... (Mar '10) 35 min RACE 8,109
News Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 55 min Mark 52,054
Double Word Game (Dec '11) 1 hr whatimeisit 1,700
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 1 hr whatimeisit 6,253
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 2 hr loose cannon 194,367
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages