“What's it to ya?”

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#84873 Apr 29, 2013
RACE wrote:
Ha!
Years and years ago (before I lived in FL) I was visiting, and apparently I had a habit of looking at my watch. My buddy was like "WTF you looking at your watch for? You're on vacation." So I took my watch off and did not put one back on until that same buddy gave me a Seiko some 17 years later. Waterproof to like 8 atmospheres or something. Said he never expected me to do something like that. So now I wear that watch when I go out or visit him, part of the bling package and all that. But as habit, I still dont wear one.
<quoted text>
I have a watch that needs a battery. It's needed one for at least three years. I keep forgetting to take it with me when I go to the mall. Apparently it's the only place in town that replaces Fossil batteries. I don't know why. <shrug> I have a bunch of other watches too. They all need batteries. There's a Seiko (which I love btw) that I want for a graduation gift. It's like 600.00. Every time I mention it people look at me like I'm speaking Martian. <shrug again>

“...,to wit”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#84874 Apr 29, 2013
RACE wrote:
Ha!
Years and years ago (before I lived in FL) I was visiting, and apparently I had a habit of looking at my watch. My buddy was like "WTF you looking at your watch for? You're on vacation." So I took my watch off and did not put one back on until that same buddy gave me a Seiko some 17 years later. Waterproof to like 8 atmospheres or something. Said he never expected me to do something like that. So now I wear that watch when I go out or visit him, part of the bling package and all that. But as habit, I still dont wear one.
<quoted text>
My kids tell me that is a generational marker.People who have grown up with cell phones don't wear watches.
Thank your buddy for taking 20 years off your age.

Toj

“Where is Everyone?”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#84875 Apr 29, 2013
PEllen wrote:
<quoted text>My kids tell me that is a generational marker.People who have grown up with cell phones don't wear watches.
Thank your buddy for taking 20 years off your age.
I never have worn a watch. Well, maybe not never, but rarely. The first cell phone I got was when I was 35. I'm left handed but I tend to use both hands for various things. I think most lefties are like this. So a watch always bothered me.(mimi shrug) Guess I'm just different.:) Like THAT comes as a surprise.

Toj

“Where is Everyone?”

Location hidden

#84876 Apr 29, 2013
Hey, Mimi. A friend of mine mentioned she was invited to a Muslim wedding. A coworker is getting married. She wants to go out of respectful curiosity and doesn't know what to expect. She hasn't responded yet because the coworker is a PITA and that's a reason she really doesn't want to go.

The curiosity and learning experience is pushing her towards it.

How does a Muslim wedding (usually) differ from other weddings/ceremonies? And the reception as well?

“reign in blood”

Since: May 09

Wilmington, IL

#84877 Apr 29, 2013
Mister Tonka wrote:
Numbers? Not necessary, but there should be at least some sort of marker/placeholder/lines where the numbers would go.
No. If you don't know where the numbers on a clock belong by now, you've gone through life completely clueless.

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#84879 Apr 29, 2013
I know where the numbers go, but it's a spacial (spatial?) thing. At least give me notches where the numbers go.

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#84880 Apr 29, 2013
We have snow predicted here on Thursday.

It's not even funny at this point.

Miami, FL

#84881 Apr 30, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
Dude, I picked May because I thought it would be spring....

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#84882 Apr 30, 2013
Went to Europe once in April....don't ever do that, unless you can really handle cold well....it snowed in Zurich and Munich...thought i'd die...lol...

Miami, FL

#84883 Apr 30, 2013

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me! Charlie

#84884 Apr 30, 2013
Ha-Ha!
RedheadwGlasses wrote:

“Fort Kickass”

Since: Sep 09

Bloomington, IL

#84885 Apr 30, 2013
Toj wrote:
Hey, Mimi. A friend of mine mentioned she was invited to a Muslim wedding. A coworker is getting married. She wants to go out of respectful curiosity and doesn't know what to expect. She hasn't responded yet because the coworker is a PITA and that's a reason she really doesn't want to go.
The curiosity and learning experience is pushing her towards it.
How does a Muslim wedding (usually) differ from other weddings/ceremonies? And the reception as well?
I went to a Muslim reception once. I'd say dress conservatively and go have fun. Don't expect booze, though. Definitely one of the biggest and most expensive receptions I've ever been to.

Miami, FL

#84886 Apr 30, 2013
Are you guys seeing the ads on the left side of the Topix screens? They're annoying.

#84887 Apr 30, 2013
YUP, very very annoying.
j_m_w wrote:
Are you guys seeing the ads on the left side of the Topix screens? They're annoying.
Stina

Saint Petersburg, FL

#84888 Apr 30, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
Sorry, but it kinda is!:P

Been in the 80s here!!!
Stina

Saint Petersburg, FL

#84889 Apr 30, 2013
RACE wrote:
YUP, very very annoying.
<quoted text>
They've been driving me crazy! well, crazier...

“The two baby belly, please!”

Since: Sep 09

Evanston IL

#84890 Apr 30, 2013
j_m_w wrote:
I only see then on the right.

Toj

“Where is Everyone?”

Location hidden

#84891 Apr 30, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
It isn't. We're suppose to get up to 83 today. Warm weather has to be coming your way soon.

#84892 Apr 30, 2013
It's called "ads by zinc" or something. it slides out from the left side, then slides back, then out again, then back, then.....

I have flash turned off, so when I clicked the x it minimized, and since then has dissapeared.
squishymama wrote:
<quoted text>
I only see then on the right.

#84893 Apr 30, 2013
Yeah, but you're cute crazy!
Stina wrote:
<quoted text>
They've been driving me crazy! well, crazier...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 6 min Yeah 1,216,857
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 22 min TRD 69,606
Dear Abby 4-18-15 39 min mrs gladys kravitz 3
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr Jacques in Orleans 186,862
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 2 hr Mothra 52,708
News Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 3 hr rabbee yehoshooah... 71,942
Song Titles Only (group/artist in parenthesis m... (Mar '10) 6 hr RJS 8,010
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]