Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2013

TONKA: So I was watching ESPN Tuesday night with Nick, and this guy came on to do some NFL analysis. I loved it. Nick said he'd never seen the guy before and hadn't seen a "show" (it was short) like that before. The guy was talking about how college football's top schools (in football) don't produce NFL-starting QBs. He named several of the top schools in college football, and then said that not a single NFL starting QB came from one of those schools. Then named a bunch of the best QBs (starting with Aaron Rodgers, I also recognized Eli Manning), and gave all their schools -- none were schools you'd ever expect to be in the championship game -- and they all were tier 2 or 3 schools.

But why? He said that at the best football schools, they get bigger linemen, faster receivers/backs, etc. When you are surrounded by greatness, you will look/be better. But at the second or third tier schools, you don't get the receivers/backs who can run a 4.3, the linemen are a little smaller, a little shorter. The QB has to work harder, doesn't have as much time to work with as a guy with a bigger, better line and faster receivers. The QB has to work smarter, to deal with tighter situations.

very interesting.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2013

" He named several of the top schools in college football, and then said that not a single NFL starting QB came from one of those schools. "

I should have been more clear. Not a *current* starting NFL QB is from one of those schools.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2013

Oh, and my football post also was for jwm, and if interested, jess. :)

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2013

I currenly am in the middle of a difficlt moment on FB because in a FB thread about the draft (and several of us not finding anything intresting about it), one woman has said taht anyone who cares about it is "stupid." twice. Ugh. Really? tell that to my friends hwo are into it who are brilliant and who make a ton of money at what they do. bitch.

“The two baby belly, please!”

Since: Sep 09

Evanston IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2013

ScarletandOlive wrote:
<quoted text>
But, I know that Greek life in the Northeast if very different than on the Southern campuses. I'm not sure if I would have joined at another school. Still, if you raise your daughter to be a strong woman who is not afraid to stand up for herself and others, then she will be successful anywhere.
I think this is what messed me up the most. I had visited sororities (and fraternities for that matter) in IL and IN and when I went to college in AL I had an expectation of what greek life should be like. It never was, and I feel like I got cheated out of a wonderful experience. I really wanted that sisterhood you got.

“I Am Mine”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2013

j_m_w wrote:
<quoted text>
Your boy EJ Manuel just went #16. I'm surprised that it took so long for a QB to get picked.
My ears definitely perked up for that. There were 5 other FSU players projected to go in the first round. On the mocks I saw, he was projected 2nd round. Geno Smith was projected to go mid 1st.

“I Am Mine”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2013

RedheadwGlasses wrote:
I currenly am in the middle of a difficlt moment on FB because in a FB thread about the draft (and several of us not finding anything intresting about it), one woman has said taht anyone who cares about it is "stupid." twice. Ugh. Really? tell that to my friends hwo are into it who are brilliant and who make a ton of money at what they do. bitch.
Always a great way to make friends to come in in the middle of a conversation and criticize the people who were not talking to you to begin with. Someone needs a sorority chick to k--u...nt punt her!

“I Am Mine”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2013

RedheadwGlasses wrote:
TONKA: So I was watching ESPN Tuesday night with Nick, and this guy came on to do some NFL analysis. I loved it. Nick said he'd never seen the guy before and hadn't seen a "show" (it was short) like that before. The guy was talking about how college football's top schools (in football) don't produce NFL-starting QBs. He named several of the top schools in college football, and then said that not a single NFL starting QB came from one of those schools. Then named a bunch of the best QBs (starting with Aaron Rodgers, I also recognized Eli Manning), and gave all their schools -- none were schools you'd ever expect to be in the championship game -- and they all were tier 2 or 3 schools.
But why? He said that at the best football schools, they get bigger linemen, faster receivers/backs, etc. When you are surrounded by greatness, you will look/be better. But at the second or third tier schools, you don't get the receivers/backs who can run a 4.3, the linemen are a little smaller, a little shorter. The QB has to work harder, doesn't have as much time to work with as a guy with a bigger, better line and faster receivers. The QB has to work smarter, to deal with tighter situations.
very interesting.
2 Seminole QBs picked in 1st round 2 of last 3 years.
FSU IS Quarterback U!

:)

Since: Mar 09

West Palm Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2013

Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text>Always a great way to make friends to come in in the middle of a conversation and criticize the people who were not talking to you to begin with. Someone needs a sorority chick to k--u...nt punt her!
Haha!

West Palm Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2013

Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text>2 Seminole QBs picked in 1st round 2 of last 3 years.
FSU IS Quarterback U!

U wish it was!
;)

“I Am Mine”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2013

j_m_w wrote:
<quoted text>
Haha!
Speaking of that chick....she's hot. And this is funny.
http://totalfratmove.com/the-delta-gamma-punt...

You'll have to edit this link. It uses the real word, but Topix would not let it thru. I changed it to punt-punt instead of you-know-what-punt.

“Checks and Balances”

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 26, 2013

RedheadwGlasses wrote:
Oh, and my football post also was for jwm, and if interested, jess.:)
I am sharing it with some of my friends :)

The Jags got an awesome player in Joeckel last night and are in a great position tonight. Can't wait to see what they are going to do! This is their year :)

“Checks and Balances”

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 26, 2013

I have been recording episodes of Freaks and Geeks because I love so many of the actors in it, but never saw the show. I didn't think E (4 years old) was paying attention to what was on tv as he wandered through the room.

He just said to me "I like Freaks and Greeks. Can we watch more today? It is a show for adults and kids!"

I am laughing that he calls it Freaks and Greeks, but am feeling like a bit of a mom failure for exposing him to that show already. Oops!

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 26, 2013

j_m_w wrote:
<quoted text>
Your boy EJ Manuel just went #16. I'm surprised that it took so long for a QB to get picked.
Bills made the right move, then picked the wrong Qb....according to everyone, Nassib shoulda been the correct pick.....You know, some teams just deserve to be crappy.....

“...,to wit”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 26, 2013

Girls are up . someone get the links I have to go to work

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 26, 2013

ScarletandOlive wrote:
I have been recording episodes of Freaks and Geeks because I love so many of the actors in it, but never saw the show. I didn't think E (4 years old) was paying attention to what was on tv as he wandered through the room.
He just said to me "I like Freaks and Greeks. Can we watch more today? It is a show for adults and kids!"
I am laughing that he calls it Freaks and Greeks, but am feeling like a bit of a mom failure for exposing him to that show already. Oops!
When I posted on FB about being interested in checking out that show because I now am familiar with so many of the actors who were on it (Samm Levine, Jason Segal, love Judd Apatow, etc.), and got a bunch of "yes, it's great, you need to watch it" from a wide variety of people.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 26, 2013

OMFG. Motorcycle helmet + THe PRedator = awesomeness.

http://io9.com/predator-motorcycle-helmets-be...

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 26, 2013

Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text>Speaking of that chick....she's hot. And this is funny.
http://totalfratmove.com/the-delta-gamma-punt...
You'll have to edit this link. It uses the real word, but Topix would not let it thru. I changed it to punt-punt instead of you-know-what-punt.
She IS cute... and the comments ARE funny. I feel justified about my reaction yesterday.

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 26, 2013

RedheadwGlasses wrote:
OMFG. Motorcycle helmet + THe PRedator = awesomeness.
http://io9.com/predator-motorcycle-helmets-be...
I would crap my pants if I saw someone wearing one of those in person.
Stina

Saint Petersburg, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 26, 2013

squishymama wrote:
<quoted text>
I think this is what messed me up the most. I had visited sororities (and fraternities for that matter) in IL and IN and when I went to college in AL I had an expectation of what greek life should be like. It never was, and I feel like I got cheated out of a wonderful experience. I really wanted that sisterhood you got.
Most of my interactions with them were in the south, as well (except for my childhood friend that pledged at a SUNY school). The worst were in East Tennessee.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 83,601 - 83,620 of97,431
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

82 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 min woodtick57 1,071,659
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 15 min mdbuilder 45,440
I Hate my life and mom (Aug '07) 26 min hands on AR 1,756
Last word + 2 (Mar '12) 26 min andet1987 386
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 42 min LRS 173,560
Negra Nagin gets 10 years-YEAH 44 min hands on AR 5
IL Who do you support for Governor in Illinois in ... (Oct '10) 1 hr george 3,812
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Chicago News, Events & Info