Since: Mar 09

West Palm Beach, FL

#84764 Apr 25, 2013
Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text>2 Seminole QBs picked in 1st round 2 of last 3 years.
FSU IS Quarterback U!

:)
U wish it was!
;)

“I Am Mine”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#84765 Apr 25, 2013
j_m_w wrote:
<quoted text>
Haha!
Speaking of that chick....she's hot. And this is funny.
http://totalfratmove.com/the-delta-gamma-punt...

You'll have to edit this link. It uses the real word, but Topix would not let it thru. I changed it to punt-punt instead of you-know-what-punt.

“Checks and Balances”

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

#84766 Apr 26, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
Oh, and my football post also was for jwm, and if interested, jess.:)
I am sharing it with some of my friends :)

The Jags got an awesome player in Joeckel last night and are in a great position tonight. Can't wait to see what they are going to do! This is their year :)

“Checks and Balances”

Location hidden

#84767 Apr 26, 2013
I have been recording episodes of Freaks and Geeks because I love so many of the actors in it, but never saw the show. I didn't think E (4 years old) was paying attention to what was on tv as he wandered through the room.

He just said to me "I like Freaks and Greeks. Can we watch more today? It is a show for adults and kids!"

I am laughing that he calls it Freaks and Greeks, but am feeling like a bit of a mom failure for exposing him to that show already. Oops!

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#84768 Apr 26, 2013
j_m_w wrote:
<quoted text>
Your boy EJ Manuel just went #16. I'm surprised that it took so long for a QB to get picked.
Bills made the right move, then picked the wrong Qb....according to everyone, Nassib shoulda been the correct pick.....You know, some teams just deserve to be crappy.....

“...,to wit”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#84769 Apr 26, 2013
Girls are up . someone get the links I have to go to work

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#84770 Apr 26, 2013
ScarletandOlive wrote:
I have been recording episodes of Freaks and Geeks because I love so many of the actors in it, but never saw the show. I didn't think E (4 years old) was paying attention to what was on tv as he wandered through the room.
He just said to me "I like Freaks and Greeks. Can we watch more today? It is a show for adults and kids!"
I am laughing that he calls it Freaks and Greeks, but am feeling like a bit of a mom failure for exposing him to that show already. Oops!
When I posted on FB about being interested in checking out that show because I now am familiar with so many of the actors who were on it (Samm Levine, Jason Segal, love Judd Apatow, etc.), and got a bunch of "yes, it's great, you need to watch it" from a wide variety of people.

Location hidden

#84771 Apr 26, 2013
OMFG. Motorcycle helmet + THe PRedator = awesomeness.

http://io9.com/predator-motorcycle-helmets-be...

Miami, FL

#84772 Apr 26, 2013
Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text>Speaking of that chick....she's hot. And this is funny.
http://totalfratmove.com/the-delta-gamma-punt...
You'll have to edit this link. It uses the real word, but Topix would not let it thru. I changed it to punt-punt instead of you-know-what-punt.
She IS cute... and the comments ARE funny. I feel justified about my reaction yesterday.
:)

Miami, FL

#84773 Apr 26, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
OMFG. Motorcycle helmet + THe PRedator = awesomeness.
http://io9.com/predator-motorcycle-helmets-be...
I would crap my pants if I saw someone wearing one of those in person.
Stina

Saint Petersburg, FL

#84774 Apr 26, 2013
squishymama wrote:
<quoted text>
I think this is what messed me up the most. I had visited sororities (and fraternities for that matter) in IL and IN and when I went to college in AL I had an expectation of what greek life should be like. It never was, and I feel like I got cheated out of a wonderful experience. I really wanted that sisterhood you got.
Most of my interactions with them were in the south, as well (except for my childhood friend that pledged at a SUNY school). The worst were in East Tennessee.
Stina

Saint Petersburg, FL

#84775 Apr 26, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>
When I posted on FB about being interested in checking out that show because I now am familiar with so many of the actors who were on it (Samm Levine, Jason Segal, love Judd Apatow, etc.), and got a bunch of "yes, it's great, you need to watch it" from a wide variety of people.
I think I watched it a few times when it first came out and liked it, but it was long before i knew who the actors were. SInce I love Jason, I've been meaning to check it out again!

“...,to wit”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#84776 Apr 26, 2013
j_m_w wrote:
<quoted text>
I would crap my pants if I saw someone wearing one of those in person.
There is a bike messsengerin the loop in Chicago who has a similar helmet and leathers- looks as much like a bug as anything else. Scary on the street. Okay guy to meet in the elevator. He gets noticed where it counts

“Checks and Balances”

Location hidden

#84777 Apr 26, 2013
squishymama wrote:
<quoted text>I think this is what messed me up the most. I had visited sororities (and fraternities for that matter) in IL and IN and when I went to college in AL I had an expectation of what greek life should be like. It never was, and I feel like I got cheated out of a wonderful experience. I really wanted that sisterhood you got.
:(

I'm sorry to hear that.

I think it's so important for women to understand how to be real friends and support each other. I have been very lucky to find another group of friendly, supportive women in the mothers of Ry's friends. Too many women act catty toward other females or spend more time tearing them down instead of building them up. What kind of examples are we setting?

Location hidden

#84778 Apr 26, 2013
Weekend plans?

I'm covering the front desk today and I'm bored out of my mind.

Tonight: Home, cleaning, baking, gaming.

I can't go to poker tonight. I don't have $40. Yes, I"m that broke. That $900 vet bill really did a number on me (I waited too long to let my mom know the total--she'll send me a check but i should have let her know right away to make up for the lag time). So I don't think I even HAVE $40.

oh well, life goes on. Ihave money for alcohol, food and cat food, and gas. ;)

Tomorrow: MOre of Tonight. Nick's FINALLY installing his new kitchen cabinets, sink, dishwasher this weekend! Ever since I've known him, he's asked for Menard's gift cards for christmas and birthdays. He finally amassed enough to pay for the whole project.(I talked him into the expensive sink and faucet, having experienced both expensive versions and cheap versions.)

So I won't go over until later tomorrow (his dad and bro are helping him).

Sunday = softball practic.e
Stina

Saint Petersburg, FL

#84779 Apr 26, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
Weekend plans?
I'm covering the front desk today and I'm bored out of my mind.
Tonight: Home, cleaning, baking, gaming.
I can't go to poker tonight. I don't have $40. Yes, I"m that broke. That $900 vet bill really did a number on me (I waited too long to let my mom know the total--she'll send me a check but i should have let her know right away to make up for the lag time). So I don't think I even HAVE $40.
oh well, life goes on. Ihave money for alcohol, food and cat food, and gas. ;)
Tomorrow: MOre of Tonight. Nick's FINALLY installing his new kitchen cabinets, sink, dishwasher this weekend! Ever since I've known him, he's asked for Menard's gift cards for christmas and birthdays. He finally amassed enough to pay for the whole project.(I talked him into the expensive sink and faucet, having experienced both expensive versions and cheap versions.)
So I won't go over until later tomorrow (his dad and bro are helping him).
Sunday = softball practic.e
Weekend:
Nothing but chores and a visit to Sam's Club. I had pink eye a couple of weeks ago and now my daughter has it, so I am going to spend the weekend disinfecting everything (she is with her dad)!!! I also had a major allergic reaction to some eye drops this week and my car broke down last weekend (costing me $$$), so I think there are a few beers I need to kick back in the near-term, as well!!! I earned them!

I wanted to take my friend out for a birthday dinner, but she has to work and can't make it down to my neck of the woods this weekend. Very bummbed about that! But at least she won't be exposed to my eye-cootie house!!!

“What's it to ya?”

Location hidden

#84780 Apr 26, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
Weekend plans?
Going in a little bit to help one of my former professors proctor a (lab) test and smile while all the baby anthro students (it's an intro class) are all impressed with my vast knowledge <shrug> then back home to write about the India Nationalist Movement/independence from the British Empire. Fun times.

Tomorrow, more of the same with a little bit of writing about the My Lai massacre.

Sunday, rinse, repeat, add laundry.

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me!

#84781 Apr 26, 2013
RUSH
RUSH
RUSH
RUSH
RUSH
RUSH!!!

Floor section row 4 baby!
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
Weekend plans?

“What's it to ya?”

Location hidden

#84782 Apr 26, 2013
RACE wrote:
RUSH
RUSH
RUSH
RUSH
RUSH
RUSH!!!
Floor section row 4 baby!
<quoted text>
I can be there by 6!

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me!

#84783 Apr 26, 2013
Oh yeah!
Mimi Seattle wrote:
<quoted text>
I can be there by 6!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 min harmonious 1,115,538
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 8 min WelbyMD 178,617
Group of thieves hit Bentley Gold Coast store 19 min Go Blue Forever 4
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 58 min gcaveman1 47,063
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 58 min KiMare 50,060
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 1 hr HughBe 69,541
Jesus Christ, the Son of God 2 hr Son of God 1
Chicago Dating
Find my Match

Chicago Jobs

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]