Comments
83,561 - 83,580 of 97,948 Comments Last updated 23 hrs ago

“What's it to ya?”

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#84724 Apr 25, 2013
Trader Joes...I can walk from my house. Never crowded, plenty of parking. <shrug>

“Checks and Balances”

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

#84725 Apr 25, 2013
j_m_w wrote:
<quoted text>Is it wrong that I'm sort of amused by this? Taking the entire thing out of context, her contempt and vitriol are pretty funny....
I can understand her frustration, but I can't believe that she was stupid enough to put all of that into an email.

She would have been kicked out of our sorority, not given the chance to resign.

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#84726 Apr 25, 2013
RACE wrote:
I was watching hells kitchen last night and at the end (beginning maybe i dunno) chef gave a PSA for fresh veggies. Said it takes 3 times the energy to produce and store frozen veggies instead of using fresh. So all you tree hugging carbon footprint zealots just think about that!
I always use fresh, but I do have some canned veggies for hurricane season that I use up at the start of each season to buy more.
She can suck it. Frozen veggies are better than "Fresh" in the off months up here in the north.

Miami, FL

#84727 Apr 25, 2013
ScarletandOlive wrote:
<quoted text>
I can understand her frustration, but I can't believe that she was stupid enough to put all of that into an email.
She would have been kicked out of our sorority, not given the chance to resign.
I completely agree.

I just find her stupidity entertaining....

“What's it to ya?”

Location hidden

#84728 Apr 25, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>
She can suck it. Frozen veggies are better than "Fresh" in the off months up here in the north.
Agreed. I always do fresh...except...when it's not season for stuff I use all the time like asparagus, artichokes..<shrug>. I also use canned tomatoes for cooking when it's not tomato season. I will not however use canned/frozen zucchini, so it's either in season or it's not. Oh also, hominy...(native Cali girl, lots of Mexican food in my kitchen, hominy's a big ingredient in a lot of Mexican food) yeah not gonna even think about trying to make that. It comes in a can or it doesn't come at all.
Stina

Saint Petersburg, FL

#84729 Apr 25, 2013
ScarletandOlive wrote:
Warning: lots of profanity in the following link, but it's not a video.
I cannot believe that this is real, but it ha been verified by several sources and the writer has since resigned from her sorority.
http://gawker.com/5994974/the-most-deranged-s...
Just reinforces the idiocy of the whole greek system and reinforces what most of us already know.

And I can't believe they HAVE TO hang out with a specific group of guys. How completely lame.

I despise sororities and fraternities.

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me!

#84730 Apr 25, 2013
besides closing the tab, how the hello do you sign out of FB. God that is an annoying website.

Location hidden

#84731 Apr 25, 2013
RACE wrote:
besides closing the tab, how the hello do you sign out of FB. God that is an annoying website.
I can't access it at work, but up at the top -- either in the upper left corner or the upper right corner (I think it's the right corner) is a "sign out/log out" option.

“What's it to ya?”

Location hidden

#84732 Apr 25, 2013
RACE wrote:
You got FB? You didn't friend request me yet!

“What's it to ya?”

Location hidden

#84733 Apr 25, 2013
RACE wrote:
At the top right there's a little wheel/geer (settings) icon. Click on it and scroll to "log out" click.

“Checks and Balances”

Location hidden

#84734 Apr 25, 2013
Stina wrote:
<quoted text>Just reinforces the idiocy of the whole greek system and reinforces what most of us already know.

And I can't believe they HAVE TO hang out with a specific group of guys. How completely lame.

I despise sororities and fraternities.
There are some great things about the Greek system. As in any organization, there are always those who give the group a bad name.

During Greek Week, an fraternity and sorority are paired up to work together. There are fundraisers and events that promote campus life, not just a bunch of parties. One of the nice things about the random pairings is that the groups often get paired with someone they would not normally have a mixer with, so it is a chance for students to meet new people.

Greek life is not for everyone, but you shouldn't talk crap about stuff you don't know.

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me!

#84735 Apr 25, 2013
Found it, stupid down arrow that had the logout in the drop down. They intentionally hide that dont they.

I DO NOT LIKE FB. TOTALLY TOO MUCH CRAP!
WTF showing me a bar full of movies for me to like? Stupidest thing ever, who the hell cares what movies I like? I could give two craps about which ones you like, srsly!
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>
I can't access it at work, but up at the top -- either in the upper left corner or the upper right corner (I think it's the right corner) is a "sign out/log out" option.

“The two baby belly, please!”

Since: Sep 09

Evanston IL

#84736 Apr 25, 2013
ScarletandOlive wrote:
Warning: lots of profanity in the following link, but it's not a video.
I cannot believe that this is real, but it ha been verified by several sources and the writer has since resigned from her sorority.
http://gawker.com/5994974/the-most-deranged-s...
I had heard about this, but hadn't yet read the email.

She and her ilk are the reason that I detest the greek system. She would have been one of the people that talked over me at chapter.

But the c*nt punt term made me snicker. Wonder if cheluzal has heard of it...

“Checks and Balances”

Location hidden

#84737 Apr 25, 2013
RACE wrote:
<quoted text>Found it, stupid down arrow that had the logout in the drop down. They intentionally hide that dont they.

WTF showing me a bar full of movies for me to like? Stupidest thing ever, who the hell cares what movies I like? I could give two craps about which ones you like, srsly!
Ha ha! You don't have to enter anything there.:) after the initial set up, it is a great way to keep in touch with people or live vicariously.

“It made sense at the time....”

Since: May 09

Schaumburg, IL

#84738 Apr 25, 2013
Mimi Seattle wrote:
<quoted text>
Agreed. I always do fresh...except...when it's not season for stuff I use all the time like asparagus, artichokes..<shrug>. I also use canned tomatoes for cooking when it's not tomato season. I will not however use canned/frozen zucchini, so it's either in season or it's not. Oh also, hominy...(native Cali girl, lots of Mexican food in my kitchen, hominy's a big ingredient in a lot of Mexican food) yeah not gonna even think about trying to make that. It comes in a can or it doesn't come at all.
ditto the fresh or not at all of a lot of things. in summer, some of that fresh comes frmo my garden - at least i hope it will this summer! <damn rabbits> i use fresh tomatoes for fresh-tomato-recipes or canned tomatos for sauces. i've frozen a lot of my over flow tomatoes, so i'll use those to make soup... that fresh tomato taste pulls through.

“What's it to ya?”

Location hidden

#84739 Apr 25, 2013
RACE wrote:
Found it, stupid down arrow that had the logout in the drop down. They intentionally hide that dont they.
<quoted text>
When you log on to FB again go here http://socialfixer.com It is a little add on that lets you get rid of a bunch of that crap. Just give it some time. And ADD ME.

Location hidden

#84740 Apr 25, 2013
I dated someone who was in a frat because it ended up being cheaper than living in the dorm.
Dahgts

France

#84741 Apr 25, 2013
Aisle Sitter wrote:
<quoted text>
ditto the fresh or not at all of a lot of things. in summer, some of that fresh comes frmo my garden - at least i hope it will this summer! <damn rabbits> i use fresh tomatoes for fresh-tomato-recipes or canned tomatos for sauces. i've frozen a lot of my over flow tomatoes, so i'll use those to make soup... that fresh tomato taste pulls through.
Can't wait to get home and plant tomatoes and peppers. Rabbits don't seem to want mine.

In Belgium right now there is a big deal re white asparagus in season. About 30 US for a plate of about 8 thick stalks with chopped egg and a butter sauce. That is it. If you want a little salmon or meat with its 6 bucks more. I'll leave it to your imagination what stalks look like.

Race, Saw some gay in gay Paree today, arms entwined. Thought of you.
Stina

Saint Petersburg, FL

#84742 Apr 25, 2013
ScarletandOlive wrote:
<quoted text>
There are some great things about the Greek system. As in any organization, there are always those who give the group a bad name.
During Greek Week, an fraternity and sorority are paired up to work together. There are fundraisers and events that promote campus life, not just a bunch of parties. One of the nice things about the random pairings is that the groups often get paired with someone they would not normally have a mixer with, so it is a chance for students to meet new people.
Greek life is not for everyone, but you shouldn't talk crap about stuff you don't know.
Then I clearly have only come in contact with the ones that give it a bad name. I didn't know about the greek pairings for Greek Week, but I've been around them in general. I had a friend pledge one and I was humiliated for her. It was nuts. Nothing dangerous that I know of, but just crazy. And not in a fun way.

And the other "Greeks" I experienced did NOTHING to boost my opinion of the system. They partied all the time and bashed people that weren't part of their group. They were not pleasant people nor did they do much to show they were contributing a whole lot to society.

Now, to be fair, I do know a great many people now that were in these groups that I don't think would fit into what I experienced, but I will tell you that what I've seen has left nothing but a bad taste in my mouth.

Like you said, it's not for everyone. Definitely NOT for me and hopefully not for my child.

Location hidden

#84743 Apr 25, 2013
When I was in HS and college, Iowa State U. and U of Iowa had the largest greek systems in the nation. Either in real numbers or as a proportion of the size of the student body.

Maybe sororities and frats are more needed in boring states where there isn't much to do. ;)

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 4 min LRS 177,507
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 11 min mdbuilder 1,101,121
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 45 min Frijoles 69,062
Laser Weapon 500mW Green Dazzler 1 hr Use this on you 1
Crack and the Social, Moral, and Economic Decay... 1 hr THE CRACKHEADS 1
Music Artists A to Z (Feb '14) 1 hr SLY WEST 302
Second man charged in May homicide that left mo... 2 hr reality is a crutch 1
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Chicago People Search