Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2013

Love that kid climbing in the refrigerator.....and the one that painted his little brother's sleeping face.......lol....

“Licensed to Ill”

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2013

RACE wrote:
I think these are a lot funnier.
http://www.buzzfeed.com/awesomer/reasons-kids...
<quoted text>
Those were good.

I would never allow a child of mine to behave like number 4. That was rule that we enforced since they were toddlers. They were expected to behave, sit in their chair (and stay their), not blow bubbles in their drink (or it gets taken away), and not act goofy in restaurants.

“Licensed to Ill”

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2013

What kind of parent lets their kid play with a blow up doll? Huh?

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2013

Sublime1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Those were good.
I would never allow a child of mine to behave like number 4. That was rule that we enforced since they were toddlers. They were expected to behave, sit in their chair (and stay their), not blow bubbles in their drink (or it gets taken away), and not act goofy in restaurants.
ITA. THe feet up in the air? What if someone was sitting on the other side? I could see someone getting kicked (accidentally) in the back of the head. If I had tried that, I'd have gotten my butt whooped.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2013

Sublime1 wrote:
What kind of parent lets their kid play with a blow up doll? Huh?
ITA.
Stina

Saint Petersburg, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2013

I posted Abby and Amy, but Abby disappeared...

Since: Mar 09

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2013

Stina wrote:
I posted Abby and Amy, but Abby disappeared...
I see them both.

thanks!

Since: Mar 09

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2013

So yesterday at work, all morning, our AC was out (was fixed around lunchtime). I got home and the AC in my apartment was out. So my dogs are at work with me this morning until it's fixed. I took them to Starbucks for the first time and it was uneventful. I'm glad I live in such a dog-friendly area and work in such a dog-friendly office (our president LOVES dogs and brings his in fairly frequently).

“The two baby belly, please!”

Since: Sep 09

Evanston IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2013

RACE wrote:
Hey Squishy!
I was just watching my security cameras and a spider walked on the camera lens. Made me think of Dickie.
Ha! That would have been too much for Dickie; much much much to close-up.

Evanston IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2013

Geez, I am so off my game. That what you get for being violently ill for a couple of days...

that should have been "too close-up."
Dahgts

France

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2013

Judged:

Stina wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh... the ones by me can't eat quarters. They don't go anywhere. You just slide it in, it pops out the lock, then when you're done you slide the lock back in and it pops the quarter back out. The coin is never out of sight.
Our lines are not too bad, either.
I think I saw a headline this morning about Trader Joe's in the local paper. Wonder if we're getting one...
I didn't see it mentioned, but trader joes owns Aldi's. I just go in with a big tote bag and put stuff in it and check out. Never have change.
I like both stores. Whole paycheck too $$ for me.

“Fort Kickass”

Bloomington, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2013

I can't say either way if boys or girls are easier to raise. But I can say that my dad checked the eff out when my sister and I were teenagers. He let my mom deal with...all of it. I *thought* he was playing favorites when I was like 13 and my sister was 8, but he did the same when she got to that age.

And, the teenage girl I'm dealing with is far more insane than her brother.
Stina

Saint Petersburg, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2013

Judged:

Dahgts wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't see it mentioned, but trader joes owns Aldi's. I just go in with a big tote bag and put stuff in it and check out. Never have change.
I like both stores. Whole paycheck too $$ for me.
I didn't know that TJ owned Aldi! I remember a few years ago on this thread I asked about Aldi (because I saw we were getting one and I didn't know what it was) and everyone was raving about it.

“Checks and Balances”

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2013

Judged:

I don't like Trader Joes, but I may be the only one of my friends who feels that way. I am pretty brand loyal and I don't like the way their stuff tastes. Plus, I don't drink so the big selection of wines does nothing for me.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2013

Judged:

ScarletandOlive wrote:
I don't like Trader Joes, but I may be the only one of my friends who feels that way. I am pretty brand loyal and I don't like the way their stuff tastes. Plus, I don't drink so the big selection of wines does nothing for me.
I don't dislike or like TJ, I've never been there, mainly because I hate crowded stores and difficult-to-leave parking lots, and those are the complaints I've heard the most about TJ.

Friends with babies and toddlers love the natural snacks for kids (more affordable than Whole Foods).

I also don't feel like adding yet another store to my regular errand running.

“FD&S is no way to be.”

Since: Feb 13

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2013

ScarletandOlive wrote:
I love love love me some TJ's. The produce is pretty good, they have excellent frozen meals like gyoza, fish, etc., their meat is really good, and they have a lot of single meal-friendly items. It's only a couple blocks from the L stop. I'm in there 2-3 times a week.

Evanston IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2013

RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't dislike or like TJ, I've never been there, mainly because I hate crowded stores and difficult-to-leave parking lots, and those are the complaints I've heard the most about TJ.
Friends with babies and toddlers love the natural snacks for kids (more affordable than Whole Foods).
I also don't feel like adding yet another store to my regular errand running.
The parking/crowded stores was my main beef for not liking TJ's. But then they opened one 1/2 from my office, so I don't have to worry about parking and it is significantly bigger than the other stores I'd been to, so now I like it.

And the kids like a bunch of stuff from there, so I usually make a weekly run and schlep the stuff home on the train. Got a really big insulated messenger-style bag (from Whole Foods, ha!) that works really well.

They're working on a new-from-scratch store with a pretty big parking area not too far from home, so we may go there every once in a while.

“Checks and Balances”

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2013

The weather is finally nice here, so I took the boys on a bike ride yesterday afternoon and I went by myself this morning. My a$$ hurts! I need to wait a couple days before riding again.

No comments, edogg!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2013

I'm so bored at work I can't stand it.

“It made sense at the time....”

Since: May 09

Schaumburg, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2013

THere's a TJs by my parents, so we often end up running in for a couple things on our way home from sunday dinner. there's also one by the fish monger that we go to on occasion, so that's usually a two-fer stop. i ususally go to dominick's (safeway), but if i have a bunch of stuff to get from target, i'll go there instead. sometimes i go to meijer (the IN/MI one) for the weekly shopping. we like the butcher & fish section at whole foods, so sometimes if i get re-routed or have other stops near one, i'll go there to grab fresh stuff for dinner for somethign different.

hubby once paid like $25-$30 for a bronto steak there. he loved it but had to admit defeat.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

85 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 5 min truth-facts 45,907
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 6 min Patrick 1,084,269
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 6 min Rogue Scholar 05 175,170
Obama, Emanuel Need to Put Chicago's Kids First 27 min hands on AR 2
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 40 min TRD 68,065
Woman Sues Plastic Surgeon Over Labeling Surger... 52 min Tina 1
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 1 hr Terry rigsby 49,021
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Chicago News, Events & Info