Comments
83,541 - 83,560 of 97,960 Comments Last updated 3 min ago

“The two baby belly, please!”

Since: Sep 09

Evanston IL

#84704 Apr 25, 2013
RACE wrote:
Hey Squishy!
I was just watching my security cameras and a spider walked on the camera lens. Made me think of Dickie.
Ha! That would have been too much for Dickie; much much much to close-up.

Evanston IL

#84705 Apr 25, 2013
Geez, I am so off my game. That what you get for being violently ill for a couple of days...

that should have been "too close-up."
Dahgts

France

#84706 Apr 25, 2013
Stina wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh... the ones by me can't eat quarters. They don't go anywhere. You just slide it in, it pops out the lock, then when you're done you slide the lock back in and it pops the quarter back out. The coin is never out of sight.
Our lines are not too bad, either.
I think I saw a headline this morning about Trader Joe's in the local paper. Wonder if we're getting one...
I didn't see it mentioned, but trader joes owns Aldi's. I just go in with a big tote bag and put stuff in it and check out. Never have change.
I like both stores. Whole paycheck too $$ for me.

“Fort Kickass”

Bloomington, IL

#84707 Apr 25, 2013
I can't say either way if boys or girls are easier to raise. But I can say that my dad checked the eff out when my sister and I were teenagers. He let my mom deal with...all of it. I *thought* he was playing favorites when I was like 13 and my sister was 8, but he did the same when she got to that age.

And, the teenage girl I'm dealing with is far more insane than her brother.
Stina

Saint Petersburg, FL

#84708 Apr 25, 2013
Dahgts wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't see it mentioned, but trader joes owns Aldi's. I just go in with a big tote bag and put stuff in it and check out. Never have change.
I like both stores. Whole paycheck too $$ for me.
I didn't know that TJ owned Aldi! I remember a few years ago on this thread I asked about Aldi (because I saw we were getting one and I didn't know what it was) and everyone was raving about it.

“Checks and Balances”

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

#84709 Apr 25, 2013
I don't like Trader Joes, but I may be the only one of my friends who feels that way. I am pretty brand loyal and I don't like the way their stuff tastes. Plus, I don't drink so the big selection of wines does nothing for me.

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#84710 Apr 25, 2013
ScarletandOlive wrote:
I don't like Trader Joes, but I may be the only one of my friends who feels that way. I am pretty brand loyal and I don't like the way their stuff tastes. Plus, I don't drink so the big selection of wines does nothing for me.
I don't dislike or like TJ, I've never been there, mainly because I hate crowded stores and difficult-to-leave parking lots, and those are the complaints I've heard the most about TJ.

Friends with babies and toddlers love the natural snacks for kids (more affordable than Whole Foods).

I also don't feel like adding yet another store to my regular errand running.

“FD&S is no way to be.”

Since: Feb 13

United States

#84711 Apr 25, 2013
ScarletandOlive wrote:
I love love love me some TJ's. The produce is pretty good, they have excellent frozen meals like gyoza, fish, etc., their meat is really good, and they have a lot of single meal-friendly items. It's only a couple blocks from the L stop. I'm in there 2-3 times a week.

Evanston IL

#84712 Apr 25, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't dislike or like TJ, I've never been there, mainly because I hate crowded stores and difficult-to-leave parking lots, and those are the complaints I've heard the most about TJ.
Friends with babies and toddlers love the natural snacks for kids (more affordable than Whole Foods).
The parking/crowded stores was my main beef for not liking TJ's. But then they opened one 1/2 from my office, so I don't have to worry about parking and it is significantly bigger than the other stores I'd been to, so now I like it.

And the kids like a bunch of stuff from there, so I usually make a weekly run and schlep the stuff home on the train. Got a really big insulated messenger-style bag (from Whole Foods, ha!) that works really well.

They're working on a new-from-scratch store with a pretty big parking area not too far from home, so we may go there every once in a while.

“Checks and Balances”

Location hidden

#84713 Apr 25, 2013
The weather is finally nice here, so I took the boys on a bike ride yesterday afternoon and I went by myself this morning. My a$$ hurts! I need to wait a couple days before riding again.

No comments, edogg!

Location hidden

#84714 Apr 25, 2013
I'm so bored at work I can't stand it.

“It made sense at the time....”

Since: May 09

Schaumburg, IL

#84715 Apr 25, 2013
THere's a TJs by my parents, so we often end up running in for a couple things on our way home from sunday dinner. there's also one by the fish monger that we go to on occasion, so that's usually a two-fer stop. i ususally go to dominick's (safeway), but if i have a bunch of stuff to get from target, i'll go there instead. sometimes i go to meijer (the IN/MI one) for the weekly shopping. we like the butcher & fish section at whole foods, so sometimes if i get re-routed or have other stops near one, i'll go there to grab fresh stuff for dinner for somethign different.

hubby once paid like $25-$30 for a bronto steak there. he loved it but had to admit defeat.

“It made sense at the time....”

Since: May 09

Schaumburg, IL

#84716 Apr 25, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>
i mostly get snacks or frozen foods from tehre, sometime dairy or veggies if they have something i need. but i rarely go for a full-blown shopping trip. i look at it as an adventure instead of a chore, and that helps me get thorugh the crowds and idiot drivers....

Location hidden

#84717 Apr 25, 2013
North Dakota news anchor is fired for swearing in his first broadcast.

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2013/04/25/north-...

What a freakin' cry baby. Don't swear at work. Especially don't swear at work when you're seconds from going on the air.

Since: Mar 09

Miami, FL

#84718 Apr 25, 2013
AC is fixed, dogs are home. Maybe I'll have a productive afternoon. It depends on how entertaining you guys are.
;)
The Incredible Flounder

Orange City, FL

#84719 Apr 25, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
I'm so bored at work I can't stand it.
I'm buried...can ya help?

“FD&S is no way to be.”

Since: Feb 13

United States

#84720 Apr 25, 2013
What a coinky-dink. This story was at the bottom of a Boston Bomber story in the New York Daily News. It's an article about the best and worst foods at Trader Joe's.

http://www.thedailymeal.com/best-and-worst-pr...

“Checks and Balances”

Location hidden

#84721 Apr 25, 2013
Warning: lots of profanity in the following link, but it's not a video.

I cannot believe that this is real, but it ha been verified by several sources and the writer has since resigned from her sorority.

http://gawker.com/5994974/the-most-deranged-s...

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me!

#84722 Apr 25, 2013
I was watching hells kitchen last night and at the end (beginning maybe i dunno) chef gave a PSA for fresh veggies. Said it takes 3 times the energy to produce and store frozen veggies instead of using fresh. So all you tree hugging carbon footprint zealots just think about that!

I always use fresh, but I do have some canned veggies for hurricane season that I use up at the start of each season to buy more.

Since: Mar 09

Miami, FL

#84723 Apr 25, 2013
ScarletandOlive wrote:
Warning: lots of profanity in the following link, but it's not a video.
I cannot believe that this is real, but it ha been verified by several sources and the writer has since resigned from her sorority.
http://gawker.com/5994974/the-most-deranged-s...
Is it wrong that I'm sort of amused by this? Taking the entire thing out of context, her contempt and vitriol are pretty funny....

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 2 min truth-facts 46,379
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 min Yeah 1,101,483
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 17 min KiMare 49,504
Last word + 2 (Mar '12) 23 min andet1987 577
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 24 min JOEL 69,091
Word (Dec '08) 24 min andet1987 4,666
Four letter word game (Dec '11) 25 min andet1987 1,262
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 28 min wojar 177,528
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago