Topix Chitown Regulars

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#84748 Apr 25, 2013
Mimi Seattle wrote:
Trader Joes...I can walk from my house. Never crowded, plenty of parking. <shrug>
Sound's great, as we are getting one, here in S.Fla....We lost our World Bazaar store, which used to carry the Torani coffee flavorings....i've bought the small one's at Walmart, but not nearly the selection of them....Sugar-free Almond is incredible, when you brew......had to finally get them from their site.....

“Checks and Balances”

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

#84749 Apr 25, 2013
In case y'all haven't seen this site -

http://crazythingsparentstext.com/

“What's it to ya?”

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#84750 Apr 25, 2013
Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text>Sound's great, as we are getting one, here in S.Fla....We lost our World Bazaar store, which used to carry the Torani coffee flavorings....i've bought the small one's at Walmart, but not nearly the selection of them....Sugar-free Almond is incredible, when you brew......had to finally get them from their site.....
We have a bunch of TJ's and Whole Foods here. I don't shop WF though...just way too expensive. There's also a bunch of small independent frou frou specialty markets, farmer's markets, organic markets, co-ops, blah blah blah too. I spent $20.00 on smoked salt last week. Yeah I really need to just stay out of those places. The Torani syrups are everywhere, but you know, Seattle, coffee central and all that. <shrug>

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#84751 Apr 25, 2013
This is on FB. Guy had young people text their parents offering to sell 'em weed, then to act like it was a mistake, then told them to do a screen capture and post it.

http://www.buzzfeed.com/daves4/what-happens-i...

West Palm Beach, FL

#84752 Apr 25, 2013
Anyone watching the draft?

“I Am Mine”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#84753 Apr 25, 2013
j_m_w wrote:
Anyone watching the draft?
TV's on ESPN, but I can't say I'm WATCHING. Periodically glancing.

West Palm Beach, FL

#84754 Apr 25, 2013
Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text>TV's on ESPN, but I can't say I'm WATCHING. Periodically glancing.
Your boy EJ Manuel just went #16. I'm surprised that it took so long for a QB to get picked.

Location hidden

#84755 Apr 25, 2013
TONKA: So I was watching ESPN Tuesday night with Nick, and this guy came on to do some NFL analysis. I loved it. Nick said he'd never seen the guy before and hadn't seen a "show" (it was short) like that before. The guy was talking about how college football's top schools (in football) don't produce NFL-starting QBs. He named several of the top schools in college football, and then said that not a single NFL starting QB came from one of those schools. Then named a bunch of the best QBs (starting with Aaron Rodgers, I also recognized Eli Manning), and gave all their schools -- none were schools you'd ever expect to be in the championship game -- and they all were tier 2 or 3 schools.

But why? He said that at the best football schools, they get bigger linemen, faster receivers/backs, etc. When you are surrounded by greatness, you will look/be better. But at the second or third tier schools, you don't get the receivers/backs who can run a 4.3, the linemen are a little smaller, a little shorter. The QB has to work harder, doesn't have as much time to work with as a guy with a bigger, better line and faster receivers. The QB has to work smarter, to deal with tighter situations.

very interesting.

Location hidden

#84756 Apr 25, 2013
" He named several of the top schools in college football, and then said that not a single NFL starting QB came from one of those schools. "

I should have been more clear. Not a *current* starting NFL QB is from one of those schools.

Location hidden

#84757 Apr 25, 2013
Oh, and my football post also was for jwm, and if interested, jess. :)

Location hidden

#84758 Apr 25, 2013
I currenly am in the middle of a difficlt moment on FB because in a FB thread about the draft (and several of us not finding anything intresting about it), one woman has said taht anyone who cares about it is "stupid." twice. Ugh. Really? tell that to my friends hwo are into it who are brilliant and who make a ton of money at what they do. bitch.

“The two baby belly, please!”

Since: Sep 09

Evanston IL

#84759 Apr 25, 2013
ScarletandOlive wrote:
<quoted text>
But, I know that Greek life in the Northeast if very different than on the Southern campuses. I'm not sure if I would have joined at another school. Still, if you raise your daughter to be a strong woman who is not afraid to stand up for herself and others, then she will be successful anywhere.
I think this is what messed me up the most. I had visited sororities (and fraternities for that matter) in IL and IN and when I went to college in AL I had an expectation of what greek life should be like. It never was, and I feel like I got cheated out of a wonderful experience. I really wanted that sisterhood you got.

“I Am Mine”

Location hidden

#84760 Apr 25, 2013
j_m_w wrote:
<quoted text>
Your boy EJ Manuel just went #16. I'm surprised that it took so long for a QB to get picked.
My ears definitely perked up for that. There were 5 other FSU players projected to go in the first round. On the mocks I saw, he was projected 2nd round. Geno Smith was projected to go mid 1st.

“I Am Mine”

Location hidden

#84761 Apr 25, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
I currenly am in the middle of a difficlt moment on FB because in a FB thread about the draft (and several of us not finding anything intresting about it), one woman has said taht anyone who cares about it is "stupid." twice. Ugh. Really? tell that to my friends hwo are into it who are brilliant and who make a ton of money at what they do. bitch.
Always a great way to make friends to come in in the middle of a conversation and criticize the people who were not talking to you to begin with. Someone needs a sorority chick to k--u...nt punt her!

“I Am Mine”

Location hidden

#84762 Apr 25, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
TONKA: So I was watching ESPN Tuesday night with Nick, and this guy came on to do some NFL analysis. I loved it. Nick said he'd never seen the guy before and hadn't seen a "show" (it was short) like that before. The guy was talking about how college football's top schools (in football) don't produce NFL-starting QBs. He named several of the top schools in college football, and then said that not a single NFL starting QB came from one of those schools. Then named a bunch of the best QBs (starting with Aaron Rodgers, I also recognized Eli Manning), and gave all their schools -- none were schools you'd ever expect to be in the championship game -- and they all were tier 2 or 3 schools.
But why? He said that at the best football schools, they get bigger linemen, faster receivers/backs, etc. When you are surrounded by greatness, you will look/be better. But at the second or third tier schools, you don't get the receivers/backs who can run a 4.3, the linemen are a little smaller, a little shorter. The QB has to work harder, doesn't have as much time to work with as a guy with a bigger, better line and faster receivers. The QB has to work smarter, to deal with tighter situations.
very interesting.
2 Seminole QBs picked in 1st round 2 of last 3 years.
FSU IS Quarterback U!

:)

West Palm Beach, FL

#84763 Apr 25, 2013
Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text>Always a great way to make friends to come in in the middle of a conversation and criticize the people who were not talking to you to begin with. Someone needs a sorority chick to k--u...nt punt her!
Haha!

West Palm Beach, FL

#84764 Apr 25, 2013
Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text>2 Seminole QBs picked in 1st round 2 of last 3 years.
FSU IS Quarterback U!

:)
U wish it was!
;)

“I Am Mine”

Location hidden

#84765 Apr 25, 2013
j_m_w wrote:
<quoted text>
Haha!
Speaking of that chick....she's hot. And this is funny.
http://totalfratmove.com/the-delta-gamma-punt...

You'll have to edit this link. It uses the real word, but Topix would not let it thru. I changed it to punt-punt instead of you-know-what-punt.

“Checks and Balances”

Location hidden

#84766 Apr 26, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
Oh, and my football post also was for jwm, and if interested, jess.:)
I am sharing it with some of my friends :)

The Jags got an awesome player in Joeckel last night and are in a great position tonight. Can't wait to see what they are going to do! This is their year :)

“Checks and Balances”

Location hidden

#84767 Apr 26, 2013
I have been recording episodes of Freaks and Geeks because I love so many of the actors in it, but never saw the show. I didn't think E (4 years old) was paying attention to what was on tv as he wandered through the room.

He just said to me "I like Freaks and Greeks. Can we watch more today? It is a show for adults and kids!"

I am laughing that he calls it Freaks and Greeks, but am feeling like a bit of a mom failure for exposing him to that show already. Oops!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 5 min Homer 1,263,323
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 12 min Enter 194,507
Fun Song Combos (Sep '12) 30 min boundary painter 454
abby7-31-15 56 min RACE 3
Ask Amy July 31 1 hr Mister Tonka 3
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr Brian_G 54,351
Amy 7-30-15 2 hr PEllen 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages