Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#84684 Apr 24, 2013
I tried shopping at Aldi's once. Only two cashiers on a sunday afternoon. Two crazy long lines. Never again. I'll pay whatever markup I pay.

“Checks and Balances”

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

#84685 Apr 24, 2013
These made me laugh out loud!

http://www.buzzfeed.com/nataliem15/14-engagem...

Toj

“Where is Everyone?”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#84686 Apr 24, 2013
ScarletandOlive wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, I think the teenage years are when they decided that the boys were easier.
My mom once said to me that she always knew when my brothers were lying, even if she didn't know what about. With me, she just couldn't believe a thing I said. I wasn't a bad kid, but I was sneaky. Lots of teenage girls are.
I have a boy. I think boys are easier, especially in the teenage years. Boys tend to spell it out and, while they can get emotional, they tell you exactly what's on their mind. Sometimes you don't want to hear it. Girls are more drama. I have a lot of nieces. I see it and I also remember things while I was growing up with my sisters.

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me!

#84687 Apr 24, 2013
while I was not(sadly) a full time father to my daughter, I did make sure she could always speak her mind. I think that cut down on a lot of her drama because she could honestly express herself without being hindered to a view of what girls were supposed to do or say.

Neda, stay with me!

#84688 Apr 24, 2013
When you teach kids that they have a brain, dont be surprised when they use it.

“What's it to ya?”

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#84689 Apr 24, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
I tried shopping at Aldi's once. Only two cashiers on a sunday afternoon. Two crazy long lines. Never again. I'll pay whatever markup I pay.
Trader Joes. <nod nod>

“What's it to ya?”

Location hidden

#84690 Apr 24, 2013
RACE wrote:
while I was not(sadly) a full time father to my daughter, I did make sure she could always speak her mind. I think that cut down on a lot of her drama because she could honestly express herself without being hindered to a view of what girls were supposed to do or say.
#superdad!

“No. 1 Stunna”

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#84691 Apr 25, 2013
ScarletandOlive wrote:
These made me laugh out loud!

http://www.buzzfeed.com/nataliem15/14-engagem...
When I saw the guy without his shirt on I laughed out loud and my son said daddy what are you laughing about...

The no dumping one was actually great IMO and that woman looked HAWT!

The woman in the second one looks like she wants to punch him in the face.

“No. 1 Stunna”

Location hidden

#84692 Apr 25, 2013
The woman in the third one looks like someone just told her that her fiancé is gay.

Neda, stay with me!

#84693 Apr 25, 2013
I think these are a lot funnier.
http://www.buzzfeed.com/awesomer/reasons-kids...
Sublime1 wrote:
The woman in the third one looks like someone just told her that her fiancé is gay.

Location hidden

#84694 Apr 25, 2013
WOw. IMagine the god-awful weddings and receptions these people are going to throw.
Stina

Saint Petersburg, FL

#84695 Apr 25, 2013
edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
Last time I tried to use it, it swallowed my first couple of quarters and never gave them back to me anyway! And I usually run to the store on a whim when I get off work, I don't normally have the presence of mind to take a handful of quarters and a bag full of bags just because I crave some potato chips and ice cream! Thanks, Aldis! Way to turn a random run to the store into a chore requiring precognitive planning! Screw you!
Oh... the ones by me can't eat quarters. They don't go anywhere. You just slide it in, it pops out the lock, then when you're done you slide the lock back in and it pops the quarter back out. The coin is never out of sight.

Our lines are not too bad, either.

I think I saw a headline this morning about Trader Joe's in the local paper. Wonder if we're getting one...

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#84696 Apr 25, 2013
Love that kid climbing in the refrigerator.....and the one that painted his little brother's sleeping face.......lol....

“No. 1 Stunna”

Location hidden

#84697 Apr 25, 2013
RACE wrote:
I think these are a lot funnier.
http://www.buzzfeed.com/awesomer/reasons-kids...
<quoted text>
Those were good.

I would never allow a child of mine to behave like number 4. That was rule that we enforced since they were toddlers. They were expected to behave, sit in their chair (and stay their), not blow bubbles in their drink (or it gets taken away), and not act goofy in restaurants.

“No. 1 Stunna”

Location hidden

#84698 Apr 25, 2013
What kind of parent lets their kid play with a blow up doll? Huh?

Location hidden

#84699 Apr 25, 2013
Sublime1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Those were good.
I would never allow a child of mine to behave like number 4. That was rule that we enforced since they were toddlers. They were expected to behave, sit in their chair (and stay their), not blow bubbles in their drink (or it gets taken away), and not act goofy in restaurants.
ITA. THe feet up in the air? What if someone was sitting on the other side? I could see someone getting kicked (accidentally) in the back of the head. If I had tried that, I'd have gotten my butt whooped.

Location hidden

#84700 Apr 25, 2013
Sublime1 wrote:
What kind of parent lets their kid play with a blow up doll? Huh?
ITA.
Stina

Saint Petersburg, FL

#84701 Apr 25, 2013
I posted Abby and Amy, but Abby disappeared...

Miami, FL

#84702 Apr 25, 2013
Stina wrote:
I posted Abby and Amy, but Abby disappeared...
I see them both.

thanks!

Miami, FL

#84703 Apr 25, 2013
So yesterday at work, all morning, our AC was out (was fixed around lunchtime). I got home and the AC in my apartment was out. So my dogs are at work with me this morning until it's fixed. I took them to Starbucks for the first time and it was uneventful. I'm glad I live in such a dog-friendly area and work in such a dog-friendly office (our president LOVES dogs and brings his in fairly frequently).

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 22 min JOEL 69,967
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 37 min John Galt 1,124,814
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 43 min wojar 179,264
Do you find smoking attractive? (No posts about... 1 hr Yes 3
Chicago a model city 2 hr Just me 6
Father Of Hans Peterson Speaks Out (Oct '07) 3 hr Getagrip 44
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 3 hr Boy G 50,587
Chicago Dating
Find my Match

Chicago Jobs

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance