|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2013

ScarletandOlive wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you really believe that girls are easier than boys to raise, or are you just being sarcastic?
That is a ridiculous statement.
I have no doubt girls are easier to raise. Many folks feel that way.

“Licensed to Ill”

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2013

Judged:

Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text>...FYI....Michelle Obama was a Harvard educated, working Attorney without Barack.....something tell's me, single motherhood would'nt have been that much of a hurdle for her.....
I'm pretty sure if she had to do everything she is ALREADY whining about doing now AND on top of that put in 8-10 hour days working as an attorney, that would be a hurdle.

She not even working and she can't stop herself from b1tching about how awful she has it, making it sound like it's a hurdle and wha, wha, wha, wha ing about it.

“Licensed to Ill”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2013

Sublime1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I have no doubt girls are easier to raise. Many folks feel that way.
Generally speaking, of course.

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2013

Stina wrote:
<quoted text>
Why would Aldi be anything like Whole Fodds? Aren't they 2 totally different kinds of stores?
Exactly, but they don't get it. They think Aldi's should provide top notch service and high quality goods at the lowest possible price.

Toj

“Equality”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2013

RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactly, but they don't get it. They think Aldi's should provide top notch service and high quality goods at the lowest possible price.
Who are "they"? I must have missed a link or a convo somewhere. That's nutty thinking.
Stina

Saint Petersburg, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2013

Judged:

RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>
I shop at Aldi a lot (interspersed with Publix and Winn Dixie, depending on what I need and where I am). The erason they have lower prices is BECAUSE they are "no frills". I LOVE when I can get mushrooms for 75 cents. But I wanted some the other day and they didn't have any. But I still got my blueberries for under $2, my milk for under $3 and a 24 pack of water for $2.29! I can fill a cart for hardly anything!

When I need fancier stuff, I head to Publix!

“Checks and Balances”

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2013

Judged:

Sublime1 wrote:
<quoted text>I have no doubt girls are easier to raise. Many folks feel that way.
I can only speak anecdotally, but my parents and grandparents, who have raised both, disagree with that statement.

There are issues and challenges with both.

“Licensed to Ill”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2013

Judged:

edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
And he's doing a great job. How's those unemployment numbers looking for you? How about the stock market? New business growth? Oh, and now the new tax on internet sales. At least he's fitting the part. Tax and spend, tax and spend, tax and spend. And the coming Obamacare that will put thousands of small businesses out of business.
Internet tax just passed the Senate:

http://www.nbcnews.com/business/end-tax-free-...

The only hope of stopping it is the republican controlled house. The only people who will benefit will be folks who want more stuff from the government. Therefore I like the idea of reducing federal aid to states by an amount equal to additional tax revenues and using that to reduce the deficit. Instead of giving bottom feeders more to "help them," as if you could ever help them enough, give a gift of less debt to future generations.
Stina

Saint Petersburg, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2013

ScarletandOlive wrote:
<quoted text>
I can only speak anecdotally, but my parents and grandparents, who have raised both, disagree with that statement.
I bet, with girls, it's more the social and hormonal stuff. My parents tell a story of how we were all having dinner one night and my dad said something in conversation and I burst into tears, stormed from the table and ran to my room and he had NO IDEA what happened.

I dread my daughter's teen years...

“Licensed to Ill”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2013

ScarletandOlive wrote:
<quoted text>
I never said their aren't issues and challenges of both. It's a comparison. My sister who has 3 girls and 1 boy would disagree. My mom would disagree too. They have both told me and my wife this. Many folks have made comments to me about how much more difficult boys are. I wonder how many people make such comments out of the blue to folks with all girls. Boys are much more active when they are young.

“Checks and Balances”

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2013

Stina wrote:
<quoted text>I bet, with girls, it's more the social and hormonal stuff. My parents tell a story of how we were all having dinner one night and my dad said something in conversation and I burst into tears, stormed from the table and ran to my room and he had NO IDEA what happened.

I dread my daughter's teen years...
Yeah, I think the teenage years are when they decided that the boys were easier.

My mom once said to me that she always knew when my brothers were lying, even if she didn't know what about. With me, she just couldn't believe a thing I said. I wasn't a bad kid, but I was sneaky. Lots of teenage girls are.

“...,to wit”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2013

Toj wrote:
<quoted text>
Who are "they"? I must have missed a link or a convo somewhere. That's nutty thinking.
It refers to another thread that probably started as part of an Search Engine Optimization (SEO) effort but has degenerated into some very nasty trolling amgst a group which has been particularly bad.
Stina

Saint Petersburg, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2013

ScarletandOlive wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, I think the teenage years are when they decided that the boys were easier.
My mom once said to me that she always knew when my brothers were lying, even if she didn't know what about. With me, she just couldn't believe a thing I said. I wasn't a bad kid, but I was sneaky. Lots of teenage girls are.
I agree! I can totally see an argument being made that boys are harder when they are younger and girls are harder when they are older.

“Licensed to Ill”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2013

Judged:

Stina wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree! I can totally see an argument being made that boys are harder when they are younger and girls are harder when they are older.
That has been what many have told me too.

“FD&S is no way to be.”

Since: Feb 13

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2013

Judged:

Stina wrote:
<quoted text>
Why would Aldi be anything like Whole Fodds? Aren't they 2 totally different kinds of stores?
It wouldn't. The people in that forum are the downtrodden and disenfranchised martyrs who expect more than they are willing to pay for.
Stina

Saint Petersburg, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2013

Sam I Am GEAM wrote:
<quoted text>
It wouldn't. The people in that forum are the downtrodden and disenfranchised martyrs who expect more than they are willing to pay for.
Aggravating!!!
If you want some things cheap, you have to give other things up. Fact of life.

“suffers from formicophilia ”

Since: May 09

Braidwood, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2013

Judged:

PEllen wrote:
Friendly advice: if you are inclined to dip a toe again, use a pseudonym.
Will you knock it off. People can post wherever and as whomever they like. It's a public forum, and anonymous at that. Quit acting like our goddam kindergarten teacher. Screw Aldis, you gotta bring your own bags and pay to use the shopping carts, they're only hurting themselves, there's plenty of more convenient competition out there. I haven't shopped at an Aldis in years, and don't plan to anytime in the future.

“...,to wit”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2013

Judged:

edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
Will you knock it off. People can post wherever and as whomever they like. It's a public forum, and anonymous at that. Quit acting like our goddam kindergarten teacher. Screw Aldis, you gotta bring your own bags and pay to use the shopping carts, they're only hurting themselves, there's plenty of more convenient competition out there. I haven't shopped at an Aldis in years, and don't plan to anytime in the future.
The risk is getting flamed and followed around by trolls.That's the friendly heads up.

What you say and how you say it is your own, Sam's own business, anyone's own business.

You are free to ignore anything anyone says around here. If I want to be a g-d kindergarten teacher , hoochie mama, or roaring beyotch, its my problem. Not yours. Bug off.
Stina

Saint Petersburg, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2013

edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't pay for a cart - you do get your quarter back, you know! And I just keep a bag of bags in my car.

And she's just trying to point out in an effort to be helpful, not to be a "kindergarten teacher". People can becaome strange and trollish sometimes.

Geez, dog. Soft bite!

“Licensed to Ill”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2013

PEllen wrote:
<quoted text>
The risk is getting flamed and followed around by trolls.That's the friendly heads up.
Sam eats nails for breakfast ... I'm pretty sure she can hold her own with trolls.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 83,521 - 83,540 of96,082
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
Chicago Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE