|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2013

ScarletandOlive wrote:
<quoted text>
I can only speak anecdotally, but my parents and grandparents, who have raised both, disagree with that statement.
There are issues and challenges with both.
I bet, with girls, it's more the social and hormonal stuff. My parents tell a story of how we were all having dinner one night and my dad said something in conversation and I burst into tears, stormed from the table and ran to my room and he had NO IDEA what happened.

I dread my daughter's teen years...

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2013

ScarletandOlive wrote:
<quoted text>
I can only speak anecdotally, but my parents and grandparents, who have raised both, disagree with that statement.
I never said their aren't issues and challenges of both. It's a comparison. My sister who has 3 girls and 1 boy would disagree. My mom would disagree too. They have both told me and my wife this. Many folks have made comments to me about how much more difficult boys are. I wonder how many people make such comments out of the blue to folks with all girls. Boys are much more active when they are young.

“Checks and Balances”

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2013

Stina wrote:
<quoted text>I bet, with girls, it's more the social and hormonal stuff. My parents tell a story of how we were all having dinner one night and my dad said something in conversation and I burst into tears, stormed from the table and ran to my room and he had NO IDEA what happened.

I dread my daughter's teen years...
Yeah, I think the teenage years are when they decided that the boys were easier.

My mom once said to me that she always knew when my brothers were lying, even if she didn't know what about. With me, she just couldn't believe a thing I said. I wasn't a bad kid, but I was sneaky. Lots of teenage girls are.

“...,to wit”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2013

Toj wrote:
<quoted text>
Who are "they"? I must have missed a link or a convo somewhere. That's nutty thinking.
It refers to another thread that probably started as part of an Search Engine Optimization (SEO) effort but has degenerated into some very nasty trolling amgst a group which has been particularly bad.
Stina

Saint Petersburg, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2013

ScarletandOlive wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, I think the teenage years are when they decided that the boys were easier.
My mom once said to me that she always knew when my brothers were lying, even if she didn't know what about. With me, she just couldn't believe a thing I said. I wasn't a bad kid, but I was sneaky. Lots of teenage girls are.
I agree! I can totally see an argument being made that boys are harder when they are younger and girls are harder when they are older.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2013

Judged:

Stina wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree! I can totally see an argument being made that boys are harder when they are younger and girls are harder when they are older.
That has been what many have told me too.

“FD&S is no way to be.”

Since: Feb 13

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2013

Judged:

Stina wrote:
<quoted text>
Why would Aldi be anything like Whole Fodds? Aren't they 2 totally different kinds of stores?
It wouldn't. The people in that forum are the downtrodden and disenfranchised martyrs who expect more than they are willing to pay for.
Stina

Saint Petersburg, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2013

Sam I Am GEAM wrote:
<quoted text>
It wouldn't. The people in that forum are the downtrodden and disenfranchised martyrs who expect more than they are willing to pay for.
Aggravating!!!
If you want some things cheap, you have to give other things up. Fact of life.

“reign in blood”

Since: May 09

Wilmington, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2013

Judged:

PEllen wrote:
Friendly advice: if you are inclined to dip a toe again, use a pseudonym.
Will you knock it off. People can post wherever and as whomever they like. It's a public forum, and anonymous at that. Quit acting like our goddam kindergarten teacher. Screw Aldis, you gotta bring your own bags and pay to use the shopping carts, they're only hurting themselves, there's plenty of more convenient competition out there. I haven't shopped at an Aldis in years, and don't plan to anytime in the future.

“...,to wit”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2013

Judged:

edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
Will you knock it off. People can post wherever and as whomever they like. It's a public forum, and anonymous at that. Quit acting like our goddam kindergarten teacher. Screw Aldis, you gotta bring your own bags and pay to use the shopping carts, they're only hurting themselves, there's plenty of more convenient competition out there. I haven't shopped at an Aldis in years, and don't plan to anytime in the future.
The risk is getting flamed and followed around by trolls.That's the friendly heads up.

What you say and how you say it is your own, Sam's own business, anyone's own business.

You are free to ignore anything anyone says around here. If I want to be a g-d kindergarten teacher , hoochie mama, or roaring beyotch, its my problem. Not yours. Bug off.
Stina

Saint Petersburg, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2013

edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't pay for a cart - you do get your quarter back, you know! And I just keep a bag of bags in my car.

And she's just trying to point out in an effort to be helpful, not to be a "kindergarten teacher". People can becaome strange and trollish sometimes.

Geez, dog. Soft bite!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2013

PEllen wrote:
<quoted text>
The risk is getting flamed and followed around by trolls.That's the friendly heads up.
Sam eats nails for breakfast ... I'm pretty sure she can hold her own with trolls.

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2013

Stina wrote:
<quoted text>
Aggravating!!!
If you want some things cheap, you have to give other things up. Fact of life.
WHat's the saying?

You can have something cheap and fast, cheap and good, fast and good, or fast and cheap, but you can't have all three.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2013

PEllen is right -- that thread is NASTY.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2013

I popped into that thread a few months ago and never returned.

“It made sense at the time....”

Schaumburg, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2013

Judged:

ScarletandOlive wrote:
<quoted text>
i heard someone (perhaps a comedian) say that boys are easier because parents only have to worry about one pen!s, whereas parents of girls have to worry about every single pen!s in town...

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2013

Judged:

Ha! Remember that chick who followed me around from the writing convicts in jail thread? She was whacked!

I kinda miss her...
PEllen wrote:
<quoted text>
What you say and how you say it is your own, Sam's own business, anyone's own business.
You are free to ignore anything anyone says around here. If I want to be a g-d kindergarten teacher , hoochie mama, or roaring beyotch, its my problem. Not yours. Bug off.

“...,to wit”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2013

Judged:

RACE wrote:
Ha! Remember that chick who followed me around from the writing convicts in jail thread? She was whacked!
I kinda miss her...
<quoted text>
Uh huh. And I remember why Ang became Red.
Sam may eat nails for breakfast. I can't say, but the trolls and stalkers have been pretty tame since she has started coming around and that Aldi's thread has some very hard core people

“reign in blood”

Wilmington, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2013

Judged:

PEllen wrote:
Oh no! Can't have raging trolls following us around! God forbid we'd have to IGNORE their posts!(See, it works both ways.) I'll "bug off" when I dam well feel like it and there's NOTHING YOU CAN DO ABOUT IT!! Bwahahaha!!

“reign in blood”

Wilmington, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2013

Judged:

Stina wrote:
You don't pay for a cart - you do get your quarter back, you know! And I just keep a bag of bags in my car.
Last time I tried to use it, it swallowed my first couple of quarters and never gave them back to me anyway! And I usually run to the store on a whim when I get off work, I don't normally have the presence of mind to take a handful of quarters and a bag full of bags just because I crave some potato chips and ice cream! Thanks, Aldis! Way to turn a random run to the store into a chore requiring precognitive planning! Screw you!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

75 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min Aphelion 1,095,227
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 55 min Jacques from Ottawa 176,672
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 1 hr Ace 49,240
IL Who do you support for Governor in Illinois in ... (Oct '10) 1 hr Cold hard facts 3,898
Animal Rescue Group: Man Charged with Arizona M... (Oct '12) 1 hr Punish him good 3
Amy 8-19 1 hr Pippa 12
Amy 8-20 2 hr RACE 11
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE