“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me!

#84644 Apr 24, 2013
Woops! Forgot the friggin link
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/great-grey-ow...

“reign in blood”

Since: May 09

Wilmington, IL

#84645 Apr 24, 2013
Sam I Am GEAM wrote:
Proof that there will always be a strong market for tin foil in this coutry:
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/cons...
Charges were dropped against the Ricin suspect. That, and the Zimmerman case and even the Amanda Knox case should tell us that we shouldn't rush to judgement.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#84646 Apr 24, 2013
Sublime1 wrote:
Can someone tell Michele Obama to STFU with her I feel like a single mom, b.s. If she were a single mom, she'd also be working and providing for herself and her children.
Barack goes out and makes all the money to provide every god damn thing it takes for their family to live and survive and she's out their minimizing this contribution and wallowing in self pity.
...FYI....Michelle Obama was a Harvard educated, working Attorney without Barack.....something tell's me, single motherhood would'nt have been that much of a hurdle for her.....

“FD&S is no way to be.”

Since: Feb 13

United States

#84647 Apr 24, 2013
edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
Charges were dropped against the Ricin suspect. That, and the Zimmerman case and even the Amanda Knox case should tell us that we shouldn't rush to judgement.
Yes, and the Ricin guy wasn't on videotape. And the Ricin guy didn't call his uncle to ask for forgiveness. And the Ricin guy wasn't found with Ricin strapped to his body. And the Ricin guy didn't throw Ricin at the cops as he was chased. And the Ricin guy didn't hijack a car and tell the victim he was the Ricin guy.

Oh, and you saying we shouldn't rush to judgment is a joke. It's pratically all you do.

“Checks and Balances”

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

#84648 Apr 24, 2013
RACE wrote:
That is so cool! I did see on another site that he admits he placed the mouse there to bait an owl.

“Checks and Balances”

Location hidden

#84649 Apr 24, 2013
RACE wrote:
Meant to include this with my last comment
http://photography.nationalgeographic.com/pho...
Stina

Saint Petersburg, FL

#84650 Apr 24, 2013
ScarletandOlive wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you really believe that girls are easier than boys to raise, or are you just being sarcastic?
That is a ridiculous statement.
I have quite a few older brothers and I am the only girl. I have repeatedly been told by my parents that I was harder to raise than all my brothers combined. And I wasn't even a bad kid!!!

“...,to wit”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#84651 Apr 24, 2013
Sam I Am GEAM wrote:
Proof that there will always be a strong market for tin foil in this coutry:
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/cons...
Sam- you wandered into a really vicious long standing war over on the Aldi's thread.
Dahgts

France

#84652 Apr 24, 2013
ScarletandOlive wrote:
<quoted text>
Glad you are having a good time! Do you speak any other languages?
What is your favorite experience so far?
I only speak Chicago English which barely gets me out of cook county

The most amusing was watching an intersection from the hotel window in turin. It wasn't a 4 way stop, it was a 4 way yield and no one wanted to yield. Someone would get in the middle and just sit until others stopped.Crazy drivers there.

The best was when some nice man would lift my suitcase up the 3 steps to the train or up or down the staircases at the station. Trains are a snap with no luggage or not old like me . Barcelona was my favorite.

“FD&S is no way to be.”

Since: Feb 13

United States

#84653 Apr 24, 2013
PEllen wrote:
<quoted text>
Sam- you wandered into a really vicious long standing war over on the Aldi's thread.
I dipped my toe in a month or two ago. The downtrodden are upset that Aldi's isn't more like Whole Foods.

“...,to wit”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#84654 Apr 24, 2013
Sam I Am GEAM wrote:
<quoted text>
I dipped my toe in a month or two ago. The downtrodden are upset that Aldi's isn't more like Whole Foods.
It started that way. It has been picked up by the RJF DuPage crowd. Friendly advice: if you are inclined to dip a toe again, use a pseudonym.
Stina

Saint Petersburg, FL

#84655 Apr 24, 2013
Sam I Am GEAM wrote:
<quoted text>
Why would Aldi be anything like Whole Fodds? Aren't they 2 totally different kinds of stores?

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#84656 Apr 24, 2013
ScarletandOlive wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you really believe that girls are easier than boys to raise, or are you just being sarcastic?
That is a ridiculous statement.
I have no doubt girls are easier to raise. Many folks feel that way.

Location hidden

#84657 Apr 24, 2013
Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text>...FYI....Michelle Obama was a Harvard educated, working Attorney without Barack.....something tell's me, single motherhood would'nt have been that much of a hurdle for her.....
I'm pretty sure if she had to do everything she is ALREADY whining about doing now AND on top of that put in 8-10 hour days working as an attorney, that would be a hurdle.

She not even working and she can't stop herself from b1tching about how awful she has it, making it sound like it's a hurdle and wha, wha, wha, wha ing about it.

Location hidden

#84658 Apr 24, 2013
Sublime1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I have no doubt girls are easier to raise. Many folks feel that way.
Generally speaking, of course.

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#84659 Apr 24, 2013
Stina wrote:
<quoted text>
Why would Aldi be anything like Whole Fodds? Aren't they 2 totally different kinds of stores?
Exactly, but they don't get it. They think Aldi's should provide top notch service and high quality goods at the lowest possible price.

Toj

“Equality”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#84660 Apr 24, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactly, but they don't get it. They think Aldi's should provide top notch service and high quality goods at the lowest possible price.
Who are "they"? I must have missed a link or a convo somewhere. That's nutty thinking.
Stina

Saint Petersburg, FL

#84661 Apr 24, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>
I shop at Aldi a lot (interspersed with Publix and Winn Dixie, depending on what I need and where I am). The erason they have lower prices is BECAUSE they are "no frills". I LOVE when I can get mushrooms for 75 cents. But I wanted some the other day and they didn't have any. But I still got my blueberries for under $2, my milk for under $3 and a 24 pack of water for $2.29! I can fill a cart for hardly anything!

When I need fancier stuff, I head to Publix!

“Checks and Balances”

Location hidden

#84662 Apr 24, 2013
Sublime1 wrote:
<quoted text>I have no doubt girls are easier to raise. Many folks feel that way.
I can only speak anecdotally, but my parents and grandparents, who have raised both, disagree with that statement.

There are issues and challenges with both.

Location hidden

#84663 Apr 24, 2013
edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
And he's doing a great job. How's those unemployment numbers looking for you? How about the stock market? New business growth? Oh, and now the new tax on internet sales. At least he's fitting the part. Tax and spend, tax and spend, tax and spend. And the coming Obamacare that will put thousands of small businesses out of business.
Internet tax just passed the Senate:

http://www.nbcnews.com/business/end-tax-free-...

The only hope of stopping it is the republican controlled house. The only people who will benefit will be folks who want more stuff from the government. Therefore I like the idea of reducing federal aid to states by an amount equal to additional tax revenues and using that to reduce the deficit. Instead of giving bottom feeders more to "help them," as if you could ever help them enough, give a gift of less debt to future generations.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 45 min mahz 49,824
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 53 min Yumpin Yimminy 68,471
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr wojar 178,035
James Foley Beheading: What They’re Not Telling... 1 hr BadDream 2
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 hr Grey Ghost 1,109,989
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 2 hr Frijoles 69,378
Protests Continue After Chicago Police Shoot 3r... 5 hr joey 2
Amy 9-16 6 hr Zap Brannigan 55
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
•••