Comments
83,441 - 83,460 of 97,938 Comments Last updated 8 hrs ago

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me!

#84604 Apr 24, 2013
Thats what I said. You can message the stats to make anyone look good, even obamma.
PEllen wrote:
<quoted text> There are way too many ways to look at teh data or massage the stats.

Neda, stay with me!

#84605 Apr 24, 2013
massage, not message.

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#84606 Apr 24, 2013
Can someone tell Michele Obama to STFU with her I feel like a single mom, b.s. If she were a single mom, she'd also be working and providing for herself and her children.

Barack goes out and makes all the money to provide every god damn thing it takes for their family to live and survive and she's out their minimizing this contribution and wallowing in self pity.

Since: Mar 09

Miami, FL

#84607 Apr 24, 2013
Sublime1 wrote:
Can someone tell Michele Obama to STFU with her I feel like a single mom, b.s. If she were a single mom, she'd also be working and providing for herself and her children.
Barack goes out and makes all the money to provide every god damn thing it takes for their family to live and survive and she's out their minimizing this contribution and wallowing in self pity.
Sure. I'll pass along the message at our next girls night out.
;)

Neda, stay with me!

#84608 Apr 24, 2013
Hey Squishy!
I was just watching my security cameras and a spider walked on the camera lens. Made me think of Dickie.

Miami, FL

#84609 Apr 24, 2013
Our AC is out and so is email. I'll grab the girls.

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#84610 Apr 24, 2013
Sublime1 wrote:
Ive heard many married moms say it, not just her, when their husband's job has them away from home/kids for a long period of time. One friend's husband wants another kid and she said "Nope, not as long as I feel like a single mom to the one we already have."

Miami, FL

#84611 Apr 24, 2013

Location hidden

#84612 Apr 24, 2013
ARGH. coworker from another office location is in today and she fucking sat down at MY COMPUTER instead of firing up one next to mine (person on vcation).

I have to cover the front desk until 10. AT that poine, move your ass.

I cannot tell you how much I hate when someone sits down at my computer. It's very rare. She already knows I"m pissed at her and she's kissing ass a bit.

Location hidden

#84613 Apr 24, 2013
ANd "contributing everything"? Um, no, money is not enough. It's about parenting time. HOwever, given that she knew what they were in for when he ran for office,that alone is what makes me want her to not complain. It's not like he took a cushy job and then it became very time consuming.

“Fort Kickass”

Since: Sep 09

Bloomington, IL

#84614 Apr 24, 2013
Tom Cruise is the same age now that Wilford Brimley was when he filmed Cocoon.

The more you know...

“reign in blood”

Since: May 09

Wilmington, IL

#84615 Apr 24, 2013
Matilda77 wrote:
Tom Cruise is the same age now that Wilford Brimley was when he filmed Cocoon.
The more you know...
And Brian Dennehy was actually older than Wilford Brimley in that movie. Make up artists had to make him appear younger.

“Checks and Balances”

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

#84616 Apr 24, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>Ive heard many married moms say it, not just her, when their husband's job has them away from home/kids for a long period of time. One friend's husband wants another kid and she said "Nope, not as long as I feel like a single mom to the one we already have."
I have said "I have a lot of respect for single parents" after my husband has worked several OT days in a row or gone on a trip. There are definitely times when I feel that I do the majority of the child raising, but it is not a competition and I know that there is someone else who has as much stake in their well-being as I do and he will give them his time and effort as scheduling permits.

It's about working as a team. I can't imagine doing this without my partner. I am in awe of people who are single parents involuntarily and make it work. For married people to compare their situations to that of single parents is disrespectful, IMO.

“Checks and Balances”

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

#84617 Apr 24, 2013
edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>And Brian Dennehy was actually older than Wilford Brimley in that movie. Make up artists had to make him appear younger.
Um, Brian Dennehy is 4 years younger than Wilford Brimley.

Location hidden

#84618 Apr 24, 2013
You know who died yesterday? Remember the shrink, Sidney, an occasional character on MASH? He died. 95 years old.

Location hidden

#84619 Apr 24, 2013
Rest in piece, Sidney. You were one of the best things about MASH.

http://abclocal.go.com/wls/story...

“reign in blood”

Since: May 09

Wilmington, IL

#84620 Apr 24, 2013
ScarletandOlive wrote:
Um, Brian Dennehy is 4 years younger than Wilford Brimley.
I got that info from movie notes when I saw it on AMC. Might have to do some fact-checking. If you're right, then they were wrong.

Location hidden

#84621 Apr 24, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>
Ive heard many married moms say it, not just her, when their husband's job has them away from home/kids for a long period of time. One friend's husband wants another kid and she said "Nope, not as long as I feel like a single mom to the one we already have."
That's cause they are unappreciative and have a martyr complex.

“FD&S is no way to be.”

Since: Feb 13

United States

#84622 Apr 24, 2013
edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
Here
<quoted text>
Apparently reading comprehension doesn't work for you.
ONE of the most, you dum dum, ONE of the most.'Tis your reading comprehension fail.

Location hidden

#84623 Apr 24, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
ANd "contributing everything"? Um, no, money is not enough. It's about parenting time. HOwever, given that she knew what they were in for when he ran for office,that alone is what makes me want her to not complain. It's not like he took a cushy job and then it became very time consuming.
You can't survive without food, shelter, clothing. It takes money for these things. The guy provides her and their children with a lifestyle 99.99 percent of people on this planet do not enjoy and she's out b1tching about how she has it so tough and minimizes any contribution he makes to their family. I think that's wrong. I can't stand when women do that. It's like some of them have this need to justify how important they are ... while at the same time minimizing and showing a complete lack of appreciation for their spouse and his contributions.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 14 min Jonah1 49,538
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 24 min Yeah 1,100,625
ISIS Plans to Blow Up an Entire American City a... 1 hr Retired SOF 45
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 2 hr LRS 177,412
Word (Dec '08) 2 hr andet1987 4,658
who here likes pooping themself either in a dia... 3 hr poopforluck 1
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 3 hr Yumpin Yimminy 68,380
•••
•••
Chicago Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Chicago People Search