|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2013

Judged:

RedheadwGlasses wrote:
Except NO ONE here said the marathon is "The most revered sport" or that "Boston is the most revered city on the planet."
Your hyperbole doesn't work for you.
Here
Sam I Am GEAM wrote:
The other is a terrorist act during one of the most revered sporting events in the world in one of the most revered cities in this country.
Apparently reading comprehension doesn't work for you.

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2013

From what I read, he was read his rights. The judge read them to him when he was at the hospital and unsealed the charges against him.
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
Interesting article in Slate as to why the Russian bomber should be read his Miranda rights sooner rather than later.
http://www.slate.com/articles/news_and_politi...

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2013

edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
And he's doing a great job. How's those unemployment numbers looking for you? How about the stock market? New business growth? Oh, and now the new tax on internet sales. At least he's fitting the part. Tax and spend, tax and spend, tax and spend. And the coming Obamacare that will put thousands of small businesses out of business.
BUY TOMORROW'S NEWSPAPER......READ THE BUSINESS SECTION......THEN, PLEASE AMEND....Silly post's like this......

“What's it to ya?”

Since: Mar 09

Tacoma, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2013

edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
Here
<quoted text>
Or for you...apparently.

"ONE OF the most ..." is not the same as "THE most..." You see you missed the qualifying words "one" and "of" there. Easy to do. Especially when it's deliberate.

Toj

“Equality”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2013

Judged:

edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
Here
<quoted text>
Dog -- ONE of the most ... is very different than THE MOST.

Um, reading comprehension?

“...,to wit”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2013

Judged:

edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
And he's doing a great job. How's those unemployment numbers looking for you? How about the stock market? New business growth? Oh, and now the new tax on internet sales. At least he's fitting the part. Tax and spend, tax and spend, tax and spend. And the coming Obamacare that will put thousands of small businesses out of business.
Give it a rest, Dog.

The stock market is at an absolute all time high.
The unemployment numbers have steadily fallen since January 2008.
The tax on internet sales is state, not Federal, sales tax and the current controversy is how the states can collect it.

If he is spending, how do you explain the Sequester? And, given some of teh publicized effect of teh Sequester, perhap the spending is needed to run the country, fly the planes, open the national parks, process the tax returns, etc.

My crystal ball does not permit me to say whether Obamacare will put small businesses out,although on a pure anecdotal basis, I know small business owners who are cutting hours to stay under a threshold.

If you are going to rant ( and knowing you, you will) at least spend some time and find a solid factual base to rant from
You currently have some time on your hands. Do some homework then come back and grouch.

“...,to wit”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2013

Mistake

should be 2009

Neda, stay with me!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2013

Judged:

Running out of unemployment benefits does not mean you got a job, it just means that you are now no longer counted as unemployed.

Statistics can put a positive spin on anything.
PEllen wrote:
Mistake
should be 2009

“reign in blood”

Since: May 09

Braidwood, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2013

Toj wrote:
<quoted text>
Dog -- ONE of the most ... is very different than THE MOST.
Um, reading comprehension?
Right, one of the most is a far cry from the most.

you people are arguing semantics. Of course those two are WORLDS apart.

Idiots.

Neda, stay with me!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2013

Thanks for totally missing my point, was that by chance or design?
Toj wrote:
<quoted text>
Just asking Wikipedia -- you don't have to go to Europe:
"The term was originally used to refer to feelings of being "carefree", "happy", or "bright and showy". The term's use as a reference to homosexuality may date as early as the late 19th century, but its use gradually increased in the 20th century.[1] In modern English, "gay" has come to be used as an adjective, and as a noun, referring to the people, especially to males, and the practices and cultures associated with homosexuality."
link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gay

“reign in blood”

Braidwood, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2013

PEllen wrote:
<quoted text>Give it a rest, Dog.
The stock market is at an absolute all time high.
The tax on internet sales is state, not Federal, sales tax and the current controversy is how the states can collect it.
If he is spending, how do you explain the Sequester? And, given some of teh publicized effect of teh Sequester, perhap the spending is needed to run the country, fly the planes, open the national parks, process the tax returns, etc.
My crystal ball does not permit me to say whether Obamacare will put small businesses out,although on a pure anecdotal basis, I know small business owners who are cutting hours to stay under a threshold.
If you are going to rant ( and knowing you, you will) at least spend some time and find a solid factual base to rant from
You currently have some time on your hands. Do some homework then come back and grouch.
I do not have to do homework to realize the current dire situation of our economy. But as long as 8% unemployment is the new norm, we can fool ourselves into thinking the economy is just rocking along. Pull your heads out of your @zzes people.

“reign in blood”

Braidwood, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2013

RACE wrote:
Running out of unemployment benefits does not mean you got a job, it just means that you are now no longer counted as unemployed.
<quoted text>
Correct. Just like the people who have given up trying to find work and instead had to take early retirement aren't counted either. The TRUE unemployment numbers are at around 13%. But if these people actually accepted the truth, their heads might just explode. Much better to squeeze their eyes shut with their fingers in their ears and believe everything is just fine. Sure beats having to deal with reality.

“...,to wit”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2013

RACE wrote:
<quoted text>
True, but you have to start somewhere and teh Bureau of Labor Statistics is an unfathomable mess to me.And teh guy over there who used to explain things has been furloughed.

“...,to wit”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2013

edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
Correct. Just like the people who have given up trying to find work and instead had to take early retirement aren't counted either. The TRUE unemployment numbers are at around 13%....
That is an interesting an plausible number. What's the source?

Assuming it is a reliable source, it would be difficult to compare that elevated percentage against earlier reports unless you knew they were reporting the same thing, Apples to apples and all that.

“reign in blood”

Braidwood, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2013

PEllen wrote:
Assuming it is a reliable source, it would be difficult to compare that elevated percentage against earlier reports unless you knew they were reporting the same thing, Apples to apples and all that.
Would YOU give it a rest and stop trying to justify the crappy unemployment numbers just because the truth is a bit "unsettling?"

Neda, stay with me!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2013

Start by comparing how many jobs were created vs the # of people who fell off the unemployment roster, then add the difference back into the new unemployment #. I am guessing you will see that unemployment is actually growing, not shrinking.
PEllen wrote:
<quoted text>
True, but you have to start somewhere and teh Bureau of Labor Statistics is an unfathomable mess to me.And teh guy over there who used to explain things has been furloughed.

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2013

edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
No one besides Sam.
Actually, she didn't.

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2013

edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
Here
<quoted text>
Wow.

You fail to comprehend what other people wrote.

amazing.

You really are brain dead. You're a wonderful member of your GOP.

“It made sense at the time....”

Des Plaines, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2013

Dahgts wrote:
<quoted text>
Very little. Mostly college age kids, but rare
What's sweet is seeing the older couples walking along arm in arm
Off to gay paree tomorrow. They're up in arms re gay marriage now. Don't know why when its gay paree
say hi to my parents, and don't mention the flooding here... ;-j

this really is a fantabulous trip you're on!!

“reign in blood”

Braidwood, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2013

RedheadwGlasses wrote:
Wow.
You fail to comprehend what other people wrote.
amazing.
You really are brain dead. You're a wonderful member of your GOP.
Nice try, honey, but I just proved you wrong. You can't outsmart a member of the GOP, stop trying or you're just gonna embarrass yourself.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

35 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 min JPL 1,083,744
Keep a word drop 6 words! 18 min Anonymous2 8
Amy 7-30 30 min pde 21
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr LRS 175,138
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 2 hr andet1987 4,568
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 3 hr Terry rigsby 49,010
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 4 hr truth-facts 45,892
•••
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••