Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#84621 Apr 24, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>
Ive heard many married moms say it, not just her, when their husband's job has them away from home/kids for a long period of time. One friend's husband wants another kid and she said "Nope, not as long as I feel like a single mom to the one we already have."
That's cause they are unappreciative and have a martyr complex.

“FD&S is no way to be.”

Since: Feb 13

United States

#84622 Apr 24, 2013
edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
Here
<quoted text>
Apparently reading comprehension doesn't work for you.
ONE of the most, you dum dum, ONE of the most.'Tis your reading comprehension fail.

Location hidden

#84623 Apr 24, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
ANd "contributing everything"? Um, no, money is not enough. It's about parenting time. HOwever, given that she knew what they were in for when he ran for office,that alone is what makes me want her to not complain. It's not like he took a cushy job and then it became very time consuming.
You can't survive without food, shelter, clothing. It takes money for these things. The guy provides her and their children with a lifestyle 99.99 percent of people on this planet do not enjoy and she's out b1tching about how she has it so tough and minimizes any contribution he makes to their family. I think that's wrong. I can't stand when women do that. It's like some of them have this need to justify how important they are ... while at the same time minimizing and showing a complete lack of appreciation for their spouse and his contributions.

Location hidden

#84624 Apr 24, 2013
j_m_w wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure. I'll pass along the message at our next girls night out.
;)
Tell her I wish her husband lost, too. Thanks. Bye.

;)

“FD&S is no way to be.”

United States

#84625 Apr 24, 2013
edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
Correct. Just like the people who have given up trying to find work and instead had to take early retirement aren't counted either. The TRUE unemployment numbers are at around 13%.
To quote a not-at-all-famous dum dum, "Source?" Seriously, where did you get your 13% from? Glenn Beck's Robitussin and Oxy-fueled 3 a.m. podcast?

“Checks and Balances”

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

#84626 Apr 24, 2013
Sublime1 wrote:
<quoted text>That's cause they are unappreciative and have a martyr complex.
I wouldn't go that far. There are some husbands who really don't put much time and effort into child rearing because they are working so much or spending time on their own interests. I would find it very frustrating, too, if my partner left all of the child-related responsibilities to me because it is tiring and often overwhelming.

“Fort Kickass”

Since: Sep 09

Bloomington, IL

#84627 Apr 24, 2013
I'm with Scarlet--I'm sure Michelle has to do a lot of the face-time parenting stuff. Homework, fights, drama--but comparing that to single parenting is insulting. Especially since those girls aren't babies.

J has a friend that has made the single mom analogy about herself. Husband is basically a 3rd child that brings in a little money. He was a jerk before they had kids and they went and had 2 in rapid succession. Can't say I feel too sorry for her.

“FD&S is no way to be.”

United States

#84628 Apr 24, 2013
ScarletandOlive wrote:
<quoted text>
Um, Brian Dennehy is 4 years younger than Wilford Brimley.
Yeah, but Brian Dennehy's age was artificially depressed by the liberal lamestream media. His REAL age was 102 when that movie was made.

“Fort Kickass”

Since: Sep 09

Bloomington, IL

#84629 Apr 24, 2013
We ate at this restaurant when I was in Texas last month. I got this skillet mac and cheese with chicken and veggies in it and a breadcrumb crust. I have been craving that so bad lately, and nobody in town has anything even close. I think I'd give up a pinky finger to have some for lunch.

First world problems.

Location hidden

#84630 Apr 24, 2013
ScarletandOlive wrote:
<quoted text>
I wouldn't go that far. There are some husbands who really don't put much time and effort into child rearing because they are working so much or spending time on their own interests. I would find it very frustrating, too, if my partner left all of the child-related responsibilities to me because it is tiring and often overwhelming.
I understand that, but to minimize your spouse and compare yourself to a single parent who must not only do all the child rearing, but ALSO go out and work is disrespectful. You are treating them as if they do absolutely nothing for their family and that is not true.

My father was not the best when it came to involvement growing up, but one thing my mother always said was that he was a good provider and she made sure to tell us this. Michelle sounds like a complete unappreciative wench to me.

Toj

“Where is Everyone?”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#84631 Apr 24, 2013
ScarletandOlive wrote:
<quoted text>
I have said "I have a lot of respect for single parents" after my husband has worked several OT days in a row or gone on a trip. There are definitely times when I feel that I do the majority of the child raising, but it is not a competition and I know that there is someone else who has as much stake in their well-being as I do and he will give them his time and effort as scheduling permits.
It's about working as a team. I can't imagine doing this without my partner. I am in awe of people who are single parents involuntarily and make it work. For married people to compare their situations to that of single parents is disrespectful, IMO.
I believe the hardest part of being a single parent is that you and you alone are the person responsible for your child. There is no one -- not a soul -- who would look out for the interests of your child like you would. There's not another parent to turn to discuss things. Oh, there ar eother people, but it's not the same as discussing things with the other parent.

And I can do anything for a week, two weeks -- whatever the time hubby might be on vacation or out for work. Do it for years knowing no one is coming home from vacation, work or whatever. No break.

Not complaining. When you have a kid people should be aware you just might be signing up for just that. Part of the job.

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#84632 Apr 24, 2013
Sublime1 wrote:
<quoted text>
That's cause they are unappreciative and have a martyr complex.
No, they just aren't thrilled that their spouse isn't sticking with the original agreement (like, "Yes, I will give up weekly hunting trips when the baby is born").

Location hidden

#84633 Apr 24, 2013
How would she like it if Barack went around saying she doesn't contribute anything to their family except for watching kids and if it weren't for him pulling in all the money they'd be on welfare. Would she like that? Would that be respectful? It's just the shoe on the other foot.

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#84634 Apr 24, 2013
Sublime1 wrote:
<quoted text>
You can't survive without food, shelter, clothing. It takes money for these things. The guy provides her and their children with a lifestyle 99.99 percent of people on this planet do not enjoy and she's out b1tching about how she has it so tough and minimizes any contribution he makes to their family. I think that's wrong. I can't stand when women do that. It's like some of them have this need to justify how important they are ... while at the same time minimizing and showing a complete lack of appreciation for their spouse and his contributions.
I hear the complaints from WORKING moms. So they're pulling in income AND doing the bulk of housework/childrearing.

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me!

#84635 Apr 24, 2013
Its not like the kids can get lost or anything either, they get their own security detail. I doubt one could even fall off a bike, even if they tried to. So how much parenting does she actually have to do anyway? Kid misbehaves, you just have the secret service dude pull out his piece....Kid goes back to behaving.

Sublime1 wrote:
<quoted text>

“FD&S is no way to be.”

United States

#84636 Apr 24, 2013
Proof that there will always be a strong market for tin foil in this coutry:

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/cons...

Location hidden

#84637 Apr 24, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>
I hear the complaints from WORKING moms. So they're pulling in income AND doing the bulk of housework/childrearing.
I think those women have a right to complain.

“...,to wit”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#84638 Apr 24, 2013
Sublime1 wrote:
How would she like it if Barack went around saying she doesn't contribute anything to their family except for watching kids and if it weren't for him pulling in all the money they'd be on welfare. Would she like that? Would that be respectful? It's just the shoe on the other foot.
Hey they already live in public housing....

“...,to wit”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#84639 Apr 24, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>
That hits teh nail on teh head. Single moms do both earn money and raise kids, not just child rearing without help

Location hidden

#84640 Apr 24, 2013
RACE wrote:
Its not like the kids can get lost or anything either, they get their own security detail. I doubt one could even fall off a bike, even if they tried to. So how much parenting does she actually have to do anyway? <quoted text>
Not only that, but they are 14 and 11, and they are girls ... girls are way easier than boys! These aren't babies in diapers. They probably have tutors and go to a a great school. I doubt Michelle is sitting at the kitchen table every night for an hour or two as they do their homework.

I doubt Michelle is driving them to school and picking them up, making them lunches, cleaning the white house, and cooking them dinners.

She probably as it better than probably 99% of housewives. Cry me a river!
RACE wrote:
Kid misbehaves, you just have the secret service dude pull out his piece....Kid goes back to behaving.
<quoted text>
LMAO

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 40 min new yawk 1,155,535
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr wojar 182,018
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 2 hr J RULES 71,188
Chicago Pizza Blows 4 hr joey 2
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 4 hr KiMare 51,279
AP Exclusive: Union members appointed after $10... (Mar '08) 4 hr IUEC 7,564
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 5 hr OzRitz 49,304
Chicago Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 6:00 am PST

Bleacher Report 6:00AM
What Can Bears Do to Get Back into Playoff Hunt?
NBC Sports11:49 AM
Reggie Wayne needs offseason triceps surgery
NBC Sports 1:29 PM
Colts say they will be all business despite nothing to gain - NBC Sports
NBC Sports 1:40 PM
Cutler realizes Bears could be in for changes - NBC Sports
NBC Sports 8:22 PM
Bears re-sign Austen Lane to replace Willie Young