Evanston IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2013

RedheadwGlasses wrote:
Sigh Someone at Planetfeedback.com is complaining in a letter to CVS that CVS doesn't care about the victims of the explosion in Texas, only the Boston victims. CVS was founded in the Boston area, so CVS has donated $ to the Boston fund. This person (in Texas) is upset by this because it's a dis to Texas.
Sigh is right.

Take your complaint to the owners of the fertilizer company, dude.

“FD&S is no way to be.”

Since: Feb 13

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2013

RedheadwGlasses wrote:
Sigh Someone at Planetfeedback.com is complaining in a letter to CVS that CVS doesn't care about the victims of the explosion in Texas, only the Boston victims. CVS was founded in the Boston area, so CVS has donated $ to the Boston fund. This person (in Texas) is upset by this because it's a dis to Texas.
I actually signed up to respond. That guy is a butthead. If I were at CVS, that guy's letter would get a big "Ignore."

“...,to wit”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2013

squishymama wrote:
<quoted text>
Sigh is right.
Take your complaint to the owners of the fertilizer company, dude.
Texas Governor Rick Perry has had radio ads running in Chicago touting that Texas is business friendly, meanless regulation.

How's that small-government business climate treating you, West, Texas?

“...,to wit”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2013

Meaning , less regulation.

Although we do have meanless regs here. Freudian slip.

“Licensed to Ill”

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2013

PEllen wrote:
<quoted text>Texas Governor Rick Perry has had radio ads running in Chicago touting that Texas is business friendly, meanless regulation.

You have no idea if it was a lack of regulation or inspections that contributed to the explosion. It's pure speculation.

“FD&S is no way to be.”

Since: Feb 13

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2013

PEllen wrote:
<quoted text>
Texas Governor Rick Perry has had radio ads running in Chicago touting that Texas is business friendly, meanless regulation.
Apparently the Texas plant had 1,350 times the amount of the chemical that would trigger oversight. So, this might be one of those times when just a tad more government would not have been a horrible thing.

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2013

Sublime1 wrote:
<quoted text>
You have no idea if it was a lack of regulation or inspections that contributed to the explosion. It's pure speculation.
Actually, it was reported that there were serious safety violations that had not been cleared up.

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2013

Judged:

Its all bush's fault! Obamma just inherited the problem.
Sublime1 wrote:
<quoted text>

“Licensed to Ill”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2013

Judged:

RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, it was reported that there were serious safety violations that had not been cleared up.
Sounds like the federal government had oversight:

http://news.yahoo.com/regulators-fined-texas-...

Whose the President, again?

:P

“Licensed to Ill”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2013

who's

“Licensed to Ill”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2013

Judged:

RACE wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactly, and anything good that has happened is solely attributable to Obama.

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2013

I didn't say anything about who was to blame, administration-wise. But I do blame the owners/management of the plant.

“This is SPARTA!”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2013

I got in my car this morning and there was a spider hanging from a single web strand from my rear view mirror. He was real tiny and was either asleep of dead. I grabbed him with a napkin snd squished him for good measure.

“This is SPARTA!”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2013

Judged:

RedheadwGlasses wrote:
While everyone csn donate(or not) to whatever they want, fact is, this Texas disaster has gotten very little media coverage compared to Boston. I'd feel slighted too if there was a disastrr in my home and seemingly no one cared cause of a disaster in a bigger city.

“...,to wit”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2013

Sublime1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I do actually. Fox News ran a headline that says the fertilizer plant didn't follow the rules. Not that I equate Fox News with an OSHA inspection, but for this sort of thing their bias should run in the other direction. Thus I find them believable. In addition, most plant explosions, unless caused by an outside force like lightening are usually traceable to some failure to follow maintenance or safety rules.

The simplest explanation, and all that.

“Licensed to Ill”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2013

RedheadwGlasses wrote:
I didn't say anything about who was to blame, administration-wise. But I do blame the owners/management of the plant.
I think there will be plenty of time to judge once they find out what caused it. It's all speculation right now.

“...,to wit”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2013

Judged:

RACE wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you referring to Bush's stint as Texas governor?

“Licensed to Ill”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2013

PEllen wrote:
<quoted text> I do actually. Fox News ran a headline that says the fertilizer plant didn't follow the rules. Not that I equate Fox News with an OSHA inspection, but for this sort of thing their bias should run in the other direction. Thus I find them believable. In addition, most plant explosions, unless caused by an outside force like lightening are usually traceable to some failure to follow maintenance or safety rules.
The simplest explanation, and all that.
Sounds like the feds primarily had responsible to oversee such an operation. So I don't know why you are blaming the state of Texas. Do we really need state and federal inspectors? Not really, if the feds do their job....

“Licensed to Ill”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2013

I said hi to you on that thread on that other forum, btw, P.

“Licensed to Ill”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2013

Mister Tonka wrote:
I got in my car this morning and there was a spider hanging from a single web strand from my rear view mirror. He was real tiny and was either asleep of dead. I grabbed him with a napkin snd squished him for good measure.
You probably just pis$ed off the momma spider and she'll be waiting for you tomorrow.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 83,361 - 83,380 of96,010
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
Chicago Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE