Topix Chitown Regulars

“...,to wit”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#84588 Apr 23, 2013
edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
Correct. Just like the people who have given up trying to find work and instead had to take early retirement aren't counted either. The TRUE unemployment numbers are at around 13%....
That is an interesting an plausible number. What's the source?

Assuming it is a reliable source, it would be difficult to compare that elevated percentage against earlier reports unless you knew they were reporting the same thing, Apples to apples and all that.

“reign in blood”

Since: May 09

Braidwood, IL

#84589 Apr 23, 2013
PEllen wrote:
Assuming it is a reliable source, it would be difficult to compare that elevated percentage against earlier reports unless you knew they were reporting the same thing, Apples to apples and all that.
Would YOU give it a rest and stop trying to justify the crappy unemployment numbers just because the truth is a bit "unsettling?"

“Where is Tonka?”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me! Charlie

#84590 Apr 23, 2013
Start by comparing how many jobs were created vs the # of people who fell off the unemployment roster, then add the difference back into the new unemployment #. I am guessing you will see that unemployment is actually growing, not shrinking.
PEllen wrote:
<quoted text>
True, but you have to start somewhere and teh Bureau of Labor Statistics is an unfathomable mess to me.And teh guy over there who used to explain things has been furloughed.

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#84591 Apr 23, 2013
edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
No one besides Sam.
Actually, she didn't.

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#84592 Apr 23, 2013
edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
Here
<quoted text>
Apparently reading comprehension doesn't work for you.
Wow.

You fail to comprehend what other people wrote.

amazing.

You really are brain dead. You're a wonderful member of your GOP.

“It made sense at the time....”

Since: May 09

Des Plaines, IL

#84593 Apr 23, 2013
Dahgts wrote:
<quoted text>
Very little. Mostly college age kids, but rare
What's sweet is seeing the older couples walking along arm in arm
Off to gay paree tomorrow. They're up in arms re gay marriage now. Don't know why when its gay paree
say hi to my parents, and don't mention the flooding here... ;-j

this really is a fantabulous trip you're on!!

“reign in blood”

Since: May 09

Braidwood, IL

#84594 Apr 23, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
Wow.
You fail to comprehend what other people wrote.
amazing.
You really are brain dead. You're a wonderful member of your GOP.
Nice try, honey, but I just proved you wrong. You can't outsmart a member of the GOP, stop trying or you're just gonna embarrass yourself.

“...,to wit”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#84595 Apr 23, 2013
RACE wrote:
Start by comparing how many jobs were created vs the # of people who fell off the unemployment roster, then add the difference back into the new unemployment #. I am guessing you will see that unemployment is actually growing, not shrinking.
<quoted text>
There are way too many ways to look at teh data or massage the stats.

There is a particular absolute number that I work with that shows a drop in an employment derived number of about 14% from 2007 to 2012. That was true for Illinois and Missouri. Looking at the curve of that number for 2013 tends to show it has steadied and risen slightly. The figures are retrospective is that they reflect an employment derived situation viewed over a moving 3 year period .

Sorry for being obtuse but this goes to the heart of what I do IRL.

In English, things have been getting better in terms of number of people employed. I can't say about percentage of unemployed, people who have stopped looking etc.
The Incredible Flounder

Bradenton, FL

#84596 Apr 23, 2013
Unemployed versus underemployed...many folks here lost sixty-five thousand dollar jobs and out of desperation took eight dollar an hour jobs. Wouldn't that skew the numbers?

“...,to wit”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#84597 Apr 23, 2013
The Incredible Flounder wrote:
Unemployed versus underemployed...many folks here lost sixty-five thousand dollar jobs and out of desperation took eight dollar an hour jobs. Wouldn't that skew the numbers?
Not these numbers. You are either employed or not. 1 or 0. black or white.The amount you are earning will show up in other stats
Dahgts

Waregem, Belgium

#84598 Apr 23, 2013
Aisle Sitter wrote:
<quoted text>
say hi to my parents, and don't mention the flooding here... ;-j
this really is a fantabulous trip you're on!!
It is, and a real learning experience. Like the our 1st floor is 1, its 0 here. Their basement is -1. Funny how one can translate a little from the language but German was the hardest. Most speak English
Wish the euro was lower tho.

Suitcase is getting heavier, course not because I shop !!

And then when Obama gets his hands on Greece like dog says then times will be good :))

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#84599 Apr 24, 2013
PEllen wrote:
Mistake
The unemployment numbers have steadily fallen since January 2008.
should be 2009
People like that will alway's just make up their own numbers, to fit their lies.....it's all they have, since they can't win elections.....Lying and false outrage will continue to keep them in 2nd place......

“Checks and Balances”

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

#84600 Apr 24, 2013
Dahgts wrote:
<quoted text>It is, and a real learning experience. Like the our 1st floor is 1, its 0 here. Their basement is -1. Funny how one can translate a little from the language but German was the hardest. Most speak English
Wish the euro was lower tho.

Suitcase is getting heavier, course not because I shop !!
Glad you are having a good time! Do you speak any other languages?

What is your favorite experience so far?

“Checks and Balances”

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

#84601 Apr 24, 2013
I love this! I hope that if I'm ever on trouble, someone with a samurai sword is nearby.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/04/23/samurai-...

“...,to wit”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#84603 Apr 24, 2013
ScarletandOlive wrote:
I love this! I hope that if I'm ever on trouble, someone with a samurai sword is nearby.
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/04/23/samurai-...
Especially a Mormon bishop, too.

“Where is Tonka?”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me! Charlie

#84604 Apr 24, 2013
Thats what I said. You can message the stats to make anyone look good, even obamma.
PEllen wrote:
<quoted text> There are way too many ways to look at teh data or massage the stats.

“Where is Tonka?”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me! Charlie

#84605 Apr 24, 2013
massage, not message.

“I looked, and behold,”

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#84606 Apr 24, 2013
Can someone tell Michele Obama to STFU with her I feel like a single mom, b.s. If she were a single mom, she'd also be working and providing for herself and her children.

Barack goes out and makes all the money to provide every god damn thing it takes for their family to live and survive and she's out their minimizing this contribution and wallowing in self pity.

Since: Mar 09

Miami, FL

#84607 Apr 24, 2013
Sublime1 wrote:
Can someone tell Michele Obama to STFU with her I feel like a single mom, b.s. If she were a single mom, she'd also be working and providing for herself and her children.
Barack goes out and makes all the money to provide every god damn thing it takes for their family to live and survive and she's out their minimizing this contribution and wallowing in self pity.
Sure. I'll pass along the message at our next girls night out.
;)

“Where is Tonka?”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me! Charlie

#84608 Apr 24, 2013
Hey Squishy!
I was just watching my security cameras and a spider walked on the camera lens. Made me think of Dickie.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 1 min positronium 1,547,420
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 7 min HillaryFourty6 63,833
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 28 min Dr Guru 241,522
Illinois is in critical financial crisis. 1 hr Moved Away 5
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 3 hr SweLL GirL 10,829
Oui Vey 3 hr Democraps Fault 3
Chicago is a great city. 3 hr Is Mogadishu On Lake 8

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages