Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2013

But what does "Outkicked his coverage" mean? It sounds like he's saying "my brother got a hotter chick than you'd think he'd get," but I've never heard that saying before.

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2013

So, I cant wear my holographic spider sunglasses when we meet?
http://www.pjstrickshop.com/product.php...
or
http://www.giantvintage.com/product_info.php...
squishymama wrote:
<quoted text>
He's usually OK with toy spiders, as long as they're not too big. We don't point out the big ones people put on their houses, tho.
And he still will squash them, but he tries not to get too close. He'll put a paper towel on the end of a swiffer for the long-distance squash.

“Licensed to Ill”

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2013

RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>
WOw. SIL is evil.
Yeah, that's kind of f'd up.

Why was the LW talking flirty with her, tho? I would be kind of weirded out if my wife and sister were talking to each other flirty. They are more like sisters.

“Licensed to Ill”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2013

Stina wrote:
<quoted text>
I just noticed that that movie is on HBO this week!
Yeah, I don't think I'll be watching that one!

“Licensed to Ill”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2013

The thing is too, if she is in to women, the SIL should just tell her husband that. He might be willing to work with her on that, but NOT WITH HIS SISTER!! No f'ing way.

Toj

“Equality”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2013

j_m_w wrote:
From Prudie live:
My older brother ( by 10 years) is married with a 2-year- old daughter. I am a senior in high school. Last week, I babysat for them (as I often do) from when school ended until my SIL came home from work. We always have had a fun friendship, I think she and my brother are a great couple, and I have repeatedly joked about how my brother outkicked his coverage and I hope I am so lucky some day. We joke, it's flirty but harmless, or so I thought. But she walked in last week, sat next to me on the couch, grabbed my hand, put it on a non-gender-neutral area and told me she had to have me right there. I freaked out and walked out. I called my brother and left a message, but his wife had already spun a whole different story, and now my whole family believes I am at fault. Nobody believes my version. Other than waiting until fall to go to college and get away from the madness, any tips to cope?
Cope? Just cope. The truth will come out, eventually. The LW probably will never trust her family again quite as much. No one in the family had her back so I don't see anything good to ever come from any of this. Poor girl.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2013

Wait? Do we know that LW is a female? I assumed a male.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2013

LW is a guy, folks. Not sister.

“The two baby belly, please!”

Since: Sep 09

Evanston IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2013

RACE wrote:
So, I cant wear my holographic spider sunglasses when we meet?
http://www.pjstrickshop.com/product.php...
or
http://www.giantvintage.com/product_info.php...
<quoted text>
Ha!

I think he'd be ok with those. He'd think you were really weird, but he'd by ok.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2013

"I have repeatedly joked about how my brother outkicked his coverage and I hope I am so lucky some day. We joke, it's flirty but harmless, or so I thought."

This is a guy talking. He's had "flirty but harmless" conversation with his sister in law. He wants to find a hot chick like his brother did.

Totally a guy.

Toj

“Equality”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2013

RedheadwGlasses wrote:
LW is a guy, folks. Not sister.
Good catch. Still stand by what I said, though.

“Licensed to Ill”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2013

RedheadwGlasses wrote:
"I have repeatedly joked about how my brother outkicked his coverage and I hope I am so lucky some day. We joke, it's flirty but harmless, or so I thought."
This is a guy talking. He's had "flirty but harmless" conversation with his sister in law. He wants to find a hot chick like his brother did.
Totally a guy.
Okay, you are probably right. I think the whole sitter thing threw me off. I know boys can do it to, but I usually associate that with girls.

Since: Mar 09

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2013

Outkicking your coverage:

Having a date/mate that is significantly more attractive than you.

Thank you, urban dictionary.

And yes, I assumed the LW was a guy. I doubt LW's credibility would be in question if it was a girl.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2013

Sublime1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Okay, you are probably right. I think the whole sitter thing threw me off. I know boys can do it to, but I usually associate that with girls.
I admit that I do as well. My friend's daycare provider has a 16yo son who babysits for my friend on weekend nights sometimes, and he is great with the kids. She sent me a pic the other day that the daycare provider had sent her: 16yo boy, sleeping in the recliner (home from school with a concussion he got in baseball), with 1yo Hazel sleeping on his lap. It was adorable.

Since: Mar 09

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2013

I had a guy friend who told me he baby-sat a neighbor's daughter a few times and he made sure that the blinds were open, etc. whenever he was in the house alone with the girl. Paranoid? Perhaps... but better than being accused of something horrible.

Toj

“Equality”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2013

Especially when it's family, I don't automatically think it's a girl when speaking of a babysitter but I missed it just the same.

“Checks and Balances”

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2013

RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>I admit that I do as well. My friend's daycare provider has a 16yo son who babysits for my friend on weekend nights sometimes, and he is great with the kids. She sent me a pic the other day that the daycare provider had sent her: 16yo boy, sleeping in the recliner (home from school with a concussion he got in baseball), with 1yo Hazel sleeping on his lap. It was adorable.
That sounds so cute!

My college-age male cousin has watched my boys before. He is their favorite babysitter. I like when they have positive male role models to look up to and he is a great kid.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2013

ScarletandOlive wrote:
<quoted text>
That sounds so cute!
My college-age male cousin has watched my boys before. He is their favorite babysitter. I like when they have positive male role models to look up to and he is a great kid.
And it gives a guy some experience with babies and kids.

Meanwhile, I have a female coworker who's pregnant and she has never held a baby in her life. She'll be fine. Mostly, she's sick of comments from both sides of the family. She's had moms thrust their infants at her and tell her she needs to practice with diaper changes. S refuses. Figures she'll learn just fien on her own kid, she's not there to give you a break from diaper changing your own.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2013

Sigh Someone at Planetfeedback.com is complaining in a letter to CVS that CVS doesn't care about the victims of the explosion in Texas, only the Boston victims. CVS was founded in the Boston area, so CVS has donated $ to the Boston fund. This person (in Texas) is upset by this because it's a dis to Texas.

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2013

and how big was the check the complainer wrote?

No concept of the meaning of charity...
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
Sigh Someone at Planetfeedback.com is complaining in a letter to CVS that CVS doesn't care about the victims of the explosion in Texas, only the Boston victims. CVS was founded in the Boston area, so CVS has donated $ to the Boston fund. This person (in Texas) is upset by this because it's a dis to Texas.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

95 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 min Buroc Millhouse Obama 1,079,844
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 2 min LRS 174,623
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 3 min truth 48,902
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 13 min Hate troublemaking arabs 67,939
Amy 7-24 24 min Mister Tonka 24
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 39 min ritedownthemiddle 45,791
BSU PRE DEGREE/DIPLOMA FORM FOR 2014/2015 SESSI... 1 hr DR ADEKUNLE 1
Abby 7-24 13 hr Pippa 42
•••
•••
Chicago Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••