|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2013

RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>
I think you're right about your assessment. I think she also feels overwhelmed by this new adult life and realizes she's illprepared for it.
I agree! I hope they wait to get married for a few years!!!

“Fort Kickass”

Since: Sep 09

Bloomington, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2013

Stina wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree! I hope they wait to get married for a few years!!!
Allegedly next summer. But they have no money and I think they think that weddings just materialize. So I don't see it happening, unless they hit up the JOP, which his parents would be pissed about.

Since: Mar 09

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2013

Judged:

RedheadwGlasses wrote:
Winter storm coming here today. 6-10 inches of snow predicted for us.
You've got to be effing kidding me. It's May next week. I'll be there in less than three weeks and there had better be no snow, or heads are gonna roll.

“FD&S is no way to be.”

Since: Feb 13

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2013

Judged:

Matilda77 wrote:
So, our chat with SIL went over like a lead balloon. It pretty much ended...nay, began, with her storming out of the restaurant.
Casual conversation about them switching schools and why do they think that it will be different socially. What if it's not? Her: "I'll just isolate myself even more. Us: That's not really an answer. If you're going to be a psych major, you're going to have to stop being so hyper critical of other people. Her: "I'll switch majors." That's not the answer, either. You need to learn to deal with people and make friends. Plus, your future husband here is going to be a pastor. Pastor's wife is a job in and of itself which requires you to deal with people diplomatically. Her: "What can I say? I'm a d1ck. I don't want to talk about it." (storms out of restaurant) And I thought she wasn't self-aware. Cue to us having a 20 minute convo with the fiance about it while she sat outside pouting.
"What can I say? I am a dick?" That was her response? The funny thing is how that contradicts all her other statements about how everyone else is doing things wrong. You have got yourself one heaping handful there. And he is going to be a pastor? So what about her does he find endearing? Her attitude does not seem to be very pastor wife-ish.

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2013

j_m_w wrote:
<quoted text>
You've got to be effing kidding me. It's May next week. I'll be there in less than three weeks and there had better be no snow, or heads are gonna roll.
We just moved cabin opener. Can't put the dock and diving tower out when the lake is still frozen. Two feet of ice right now.

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2013

Whaaaa? Are you serious?
squishymama wrote:
So when we got home Dickie was watching The Hobbit and I was just about to go to bed when he comes in and says "there are spiders, mama! Will you come watch it until they're gone?"

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2013

RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>
We just moved cabin opener. Can't put the dock and diving tower out when the lake is still frozen. Two feet of ice right now.
In other words, I need to get on board and embrace the fact that I'm visiting winter in the spring. Gotcha.

“Fort Kickass”

Bloomington, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2013

Sam I Am GEAM wrote:
<quoted text>
"What can I say? I am a dick?" That was her response? The funny thing is how that contradicts all her other statements about how everyone else is doing things wrong. You have got yourself one heaping handful there. And he is going to be a pastor? So what about her does he find endearing? Her attitude does not seem to be very pastor wife-ish.
Yes, yes, and I don't know. She's his first girlfriend, I think.

FWIW, I didn't use the angry judging things on your post. You've essentially said what I think.

“The two baby belly, please!”

Evanston IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2013

RACE wrote:
Whaaaa? Are you serious?
<quoted text>
Totally. He has a serious spider aversion; I hate to say arachnaphobia 'cause I ain't a doctor, but it's like that.

And the spiders in these movies are REALLY BIG. When we saw whichever Lord of the Rings has the big spider in it, I had to keep saying "Don't look, honey. No, not yet. Oh, really don't look now." until those scenes were over.

I've even had to put duct tape over the spider drawing on the spider killer spray we had to purchase at our place. They had taken over the back stairwell, and while they were not Shelob-big, they were pretty sizable.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2013

squishymama wrote:
<quoted text>
Totally. He has a serious spider aversion; I hate to say arachnaphobia 'cause I ain't a doctor, but it's like that.
And the spiders in these movies are REALLY BIG. When we saw whichever Lord of the Rings has the big spider in it, I had to keep saying "Don't look, honey. No, not yet. Oh, really don't look now." until those scenes were over.
I've even had to put duct tape over the spider drawing on the spider killer spray we had to purchase at our place. They had taken over the back stairwell, and while they were not Shelob-big, they were pretty sizable.
NIck's pretty bad when it comes to spiders as well.

Toj

“Equality”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2013

RedheadwGlasses wrote:
Winter storm coming here today. 6-10 inches of snow predicted for us.
Seriously? Just don't push it over to Chicago. Geez! It's may in another 1 1/2 weeks!!!

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2013

What does he do @ halloween? That is a huge phobia, but I guess as long as he has you and his daughters to squash them for him...
squishymama wrote:
<quoted text>

“It made sense at the time....”

Since: May 09

Schaumburg, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2013

My nephew A used to be afraid of spiders, to the point that one night in a fit of frustration, SIL told him to go to bed or the spider was going to come out. but, my mom started playing with a halloween spider that's matbe 2 feet across and kinda cute. he got over it, to teh point that one time on skype A started mumbling about sometihgn, and SIL told my mom that A was telling her about the spiders in the corner. now he kinda likes bugs, but cars aer still #1 and trains #2 in his book.

“Licensed to Ill”

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2013

RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>
NIck's pretty bad when it comes to spiders as well.
I really don't like spiders, either. I'd think I would rather be in a pit with 1000 snakes than have one spider on me.
Stina

Saint Petersburg, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2013

Sublime1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I really don't like spiders, either. I'd think I would rather be in a pit with 1000 snakes than have one spider on me.
Do you sleep with pantyhose on your head like Sabrina in Raising Hope?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2013

RACE wrote:
What does he do @ halloween? That is a huge phobia, but I guess as long as he has you and his daughters to squash them for him...
<quoted text>
I once put a big plastic spider ring (obviously fake) on my coworker's keyboard and she freaked out and wouldn't return to the area until I'd removed the ring. Even though she knew it was a plastic ring.

“Licensed to Ill”

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2013

Stina wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you sleep with pantyhose on your head like Sabrina in Raising Hope?
LOL! No. I’m not that bad. I just don’t like them. I wouldn’t wanna watch that movie arachnophobia, for example. They just give me the willies.

I will also kill them in the house, and not ask Bambi to do so for me.

I tried to kill one the other day but it ran behind my blinds. I saw it on the ceiling yesterday and the thought occurred to me, what if he comes by me in my sleep to pay me back for my failed attempt at arachnocide. The pantyhose might not be such a bad idea…:p

“The two baby belly, please!”

Evanston IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2013

RACE wrote:
<quoted text>
He's usually OK with toy spiders, as long as they're not too big. We don't point out the big ones people put on their houses, tho.

And he still will squash them, but he tries not to get too close. He'll put a paper towel on the end of a swiffer for the long-distance squash.

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2013

From Prudie live:

My older brother ( by 10 years) is married with a 2-year- old daughter. I am a senior in high school. Last week, I babysat for them (as I often do) from when school ended until my SIL came home from work. We always have had a fun friendship, I think she and my brother are a great couple, and I have repeatedly joked about how my brother outkicked his coverage and I hope I am so lucky some day. We joke, it's flirty but harmless, or so I thought. But she walked in last week, sat next to me on the couch, grabbed my hand, put it on a non-gender-neutral area and told me she had to have me right there. I freaked out and walked out. I called my brother and left a message, but his wife had already spun a whole different story, and now my whole family believes I am at fault. Nobody believes my version. Other than waiting until fall to go to college and get away from the madness, any tips to cope?
Stina

Saint Petersburg, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2013

Sublime1 wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL! No. I’m not that bad. I just don’t like them. I wouldn’t wanna watch that movie arachnophobia, for example. They just give me the willies.
I will also kill them in the house, and not ask Bambi to do so for me.
I tried to kill one the other day but it ran behind my blinds. I saw it on the ceiling yesterday and the thought occurred to me, what if he comes by me in my sleep to pay me back for my failed attempt at arachnocide. The pantyhose might not be such a bad idea…:p
I just noticed that that movie is on HBO this week!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 83,301 - 83,320 of97,511
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

35 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 23 min shinningelectr0n 1,078,384
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 23 min FACT 67,856
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 36 min andet1987 4,543
Last word + 2 (Mar '12) 38 min andet1987 455
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 2 hr JOEL COOL DUDE 68,357
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 3 hr LRS 174,457
Anti-Jewish leaflets: Anti-Semitic hate message... 4 hr Guess what 6
•••

Beach Hazards Statement for Cook County was issued at July 22 at 8:55PM CDT

•••
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••