Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#84462 Apr 22, 2013
squishymama wrote:
<quoted text>
Totally. He has a serious spider aversion; I hate to say arachnaphobia 'cause I ain't a doctor, but it's like that.
And the spiders in these movies are REALLY BIG. When we saw whichever Lord of the Rings has the big spider in it, I had to keep saying "Don't look, honey. No, not yet. Oh, really don't look now." until those scenes were over.
I've even had to put duct tape over the spider drawing on the spider killer spray we had to purchase at our place. They had taken over the back stairwell, and while they were not Shelob-big, they were pretty sizable.
NIck's pretty bad when it comes to spiders as well.

Toj

“Where is Everyone?”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#84463 Apr 22, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
Winter storm coming here today. 6-10 inches of snow predicted for us.
Seriously? Just don't push it over to Chicago. Geez! It's may in another 1 1/2 weeks!!!

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me!

#84464 Apr 22, 2013
What does he do @ halloween? That is a huge phobia, but I guess as long as he has you and his daughters to squash them for him...
squishymama wrote:
<quoted text>
Totally. He has a serious spider aversion; I hate to say arachnaphobia 'cause I ain't a doctor, but it's like that.
And the spiders in these movies are REALLY BIG. When we saw whichever Lord of the Rings has the big spider in it, I had to keep saying "Don't look, honey. No, not yet. Oh, really don't look now." until those scenes were over.
I've even had to put duct tape over the spider drawing on the spider killer spray we had to purchase at our place. They had taken over the back stairwell, and while they were not Shelob-big, they were pretty sizable.

“It made sense at the time....”

Since: May 09

Schaumburg, IL

#84465 Apr 22, 2013
My nephew A used to be afraid of spiders, to the point that one night in a fit of frustration, SIL told him to go to bed or the spider was going to come out. but, my mom started playing with a halloween spider that's matbe 2 feet across and kinda cute. he got over it, to teh point that one time on skype A started mumbling about sometihgn, and SIL told my mom that A was telling her about the spiders in the corner. now he kinda likes bugs, but cars aer still #1 and trains #2 in his book.

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#84466 Apr 22, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>
NIck's pretty bad when it comes to spiders as well.
I really don't like spiders, either. I'd think I would rather be in a pit with 1000 snakes than have one spider on me.
Stina

Saint Petersburg, FL

#84467 Apr 22, 2013
Sublime1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I really don't like spiders, either. I'd think I would rather be in a pit with 1000 snakes than have one spider on me.
Do you sleep with pantyhose on your head like Sabrina in Raising Hope?

Location hidden

#84468 Apr 22, 2013
RACE wrote:
What does he do @ halloween? That is a huge phobia, but I guess as long as he has you and his daughters to squash them for him...
<quoted text>
I once put a big plastic spider ring (obviously fake) on my coworker's keyboard and she freaked out and wouldn't return to the area until I'd removed the ring. Even though she knew it was a plastic ring.

Location hidden

#84469 Apr 22, 2013
Stina wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you sleep with pantyhose on your head like Sabrina in Raising Hope?
LOL! No. I’m not that bad. I just don’t like them. I wouldn’t wanna watch that movie arachnophobia, for example. They just give me the willies.

I will also kill them in the house, and not ask Bambi to do so for me.

I tried to kill one the other day but it ran behind my blinds. I saw it on the ceiling yesterday and the thought occurred to me, what if he comes by me in my sleep to pay me back for my failed attempt at arachnocide. The pantyhose might not be such a bad idea…:p

“The two baby belly, please!”

Since: Sep 09

Evanston IL

#84470 Apr 22, 2013
RACE wrote:
<quoted text>
He's usually OK with toy spiders, as long as they're not too big. We don't point out the big ones people put on their houses, tho.

And he still will squash them, but he tries not to get too close. He'll put a paper towel on the end of a swiffer for the long-distance squash.

Since: Mar 09

Miami, FL

#84471 Apr 22, 2013
From Prudie live:

My older brother ( by 10 years) is married with a 2-year- old daughter. I am a senior in high school. Last week, I babysat for them (as I often do) from when school ended until my SIL came home from work. We always have had a fun friendship, I think she and my brother are a great couple, and I have repeatedly joked about how my brother outkicked his coverage and I hope I am so lucky some day. We joke, it's flirty but harmless, or so I thought. But she walked in last week, sat next to me on the couch, grabbed my hand, put it on a non-gender-neutral area and told me she had to have me right there. I freaked out and walked out. I called my brother and left a message, but his wife had already spun a whole different story, and now my whole family believes I am at fault. Nobody believes my version. Other than waiting until fall to go to college and get away from the madness, any tips to cope?
Stina

Saint Petersburg, FL

#84472 Apr 22, 2013
Sublime1 wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL! No. I’m not that bad. I just don’t like them. I wouldn’t wanna watch that movie arachnophobia, for example. They just give me the willies.
I will also kill them in the house, and not ask Bambi to do so for me.
I tried to kill one the other day but it ran behind my blinds. I saw it on the ceiling yesterday and the thought occurred to me, what if he comes by me in my sleep to pay me back for my failed attempt at arachnocide. The pantyhose might not be such a bad idea…:p
I just noticed that that movie is on HBO this week!

Location hidden

#84473 Apr 22, 2013
j_m_w wrote:
From Prudie live:
My older brother ( by 10 years) is married with a 2-year- old daughter. I am a senior in high school. Last week, I babysat for them (as I often do) from when school ended until my SIL came home from work. We always have had a fun friendship, I think she and my brother are a great couple, and I have repeatedly joked about how my brother outkicked his coverage and I hope I am so lucky some day. We joke, it's flirty but harmless, or so I thought. But she walked in last week, sat next to me on the couch, grabbed my hand, put it on a non-gender-neutral area and told me she had to have me right there. I freaked out and walked out. I called my brother and left a message, but his wife had already spun a whole different story, and now my whole family believes I am at fault. Nobody believes my version. Other than waiting until fall to go to college and get away from the madness, any tips to cope?
WOw. SIL is evil.

Location hidden

#84474 Apr 22, 2013
But what does "Outkicked his coverage" mean? It sounds like he's saying "my brother got a hotter chick than you'd think he'd get," but I've never heard that saying before.

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me!

#84475 Apr 22, 2013
So, I cant wear my holographic spider sunglasses when we meet?
http://www.pjstrickshop.com/product.php...
or
http://www.giantvintage.com/product_info.php...
squishymama wrote:
<quoted text>
He's usually OK with toy spiders, as long as they're not too big. We don't point out the big ones people put on their houses, tho.
And he still will squash them, but he tries not to get too close. He'll put a paper towel on the end of a swiffer for the long-distance squash.

Location hidden

#84476 Apr 22, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>
WOw. SIL is evil.
Yeah, that's kind of f'd up.

Why was the LW talking flirty with her, tho? I would be kind of weirded out if my wife and sister were talking to each other flirty. They are more like sisters.

Location hidden

#84477 Apr 22, 2013
Stina wrote:
<quoted text>
I just noticed that that movie is on HBO this week!
Yeah, I don't think I'll be watching that one!

Location hidden

#84478 Apr 22, 2013
The thing is too, if she is in to women, the SIL should just tell her husband that. He might be willing to work with her on that, but NOT WITH HIS SISTER!! No f'ing way.

Toj

“Where is Everyone?”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#84479 Apr 22, 2013
j_m_w wrote:
From Prudie live:
Cope? Just cope. The truth will come out, eventually. The LW probably will never trust her family again quite as much. No one in the family had her back so I don't see anything good to ever come from any of this. Poor girl.

Location hidden

#84480 Apr 22, 2013
Wait? Do we know that LW is a female? I assumed a male.

Location hidden

#84481 Apr 22, 2013
LW is a guy, folks. Not sister.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 5 min jacques Ottawa 179,422
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 54 min NTRPRNR1 1,127,005
very cute unuasual pix 56 min ALL GOOD 1
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 59 min Mandela 68,666
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 1 hr WeWeWe 50,641
omnipods boxes for sale 1 hr thanxlord 1
Amy 10-24 1 hr Mister Tonka 12
Abby 10-24 9 hr edogxxx 23
Chicago Dating
Find my Match

Chicago Jobs

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance