|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 21, 2013

j_m_w wrote:
<quoted text>
Right after my divorce, I went to the movies alone just about every weekend for awhile. I was depressed and it was an easy way to think about something else for 2 hours. If you think about it logically (Tonka: feel free to chime in here), going to the movies alone makes perfect sense. It's not like you're having a conversation with anyone.
Went to a movie WITH someone last night. Meh. Not like we talked during the movie (though he tried(!!!) to) so I could have been alone and it would have been just fine.
Dahgts

Euskirchen, Germany

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 21, 2013

Aisle sitter:
And I'm in Cologne worrying about my basement
And to make it worse no stores are open on Sunday..can't even shop at a drugstore

“Checks and Balances”

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 21, 2013

Aisle Sitter wrote:
i had a lazy day too, even took a nap...

unfortunaytely, the nap was in my car because there was no heat in my gramma's house and i was waiting for a plumber to come to drain the basement...

then, i had to send the plumbers away (after a total of something like 6+ hours of waiting for them over 2 days) because the freakin' doorknob decided to break.

i had to break into her house then give up & find a locksmith. he wanted proof that i'm connected to the house, so i had to have hubby bring some paperwork from home.(more waiting)

oh, and my parents (in Munich) are freaking out over the fact that their basement flooded. Bro even called me to tell me, words to the effect of, do whatever the eff i have to to get the water heater replaced, he can't stand their whining any more.

here's the thing, they seem more wound up over some effing WATER than they did over teh fact that they left me with someone who died and therefore i had to plan a funeral on my own. bro laughed at that...

/end rant for now/

here's to a better tomorrow. no waiting for contractors on a sunday.
Hope things are off to a better start today!

How far away does your brother live?

“This is SPARTA!”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 21, 2013

Judged:

j_m_w wrote:
<quoted text>
Right after my divorce, I went to the movies alone just about every weekend for awhile. I was depressed and it was an easy way to think about something else for 2 hours. If you think about it logically (Tonka: feel free to chime in here), going to the movies alone makes perfect sense. It's not like you're having a conversation with anyone.
I'm with edog on the movie thing. I've never been to a movie by myself. There's NOTHING in the theater that I have to see right now. If I'm going to watch a movie alone, there is no question that its going to be on DVD. To me, movies are part of a social outing. Even though while there, there is no talking. Going to dinner by yourself, you have the benefit of no cooking, no cleaning, and a world of choices at your disposal. Going to the movies alone? Eh. You pay more for the movie. You pay more for the snacks. And as far as 'm concerned, the experience of the movie itself is not enhanced by being in the theater vs your living room.

“This is SPARTA!”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 21, 2013

Judged:

Female friend posted on facebook "Wonderful morning of worship".

My filthy mind wanted to post, "I don't need to know what goes on in your bedroom on Sunday morning".

“...,to wit”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 21, 2013

“...,to wit”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 21, 2013

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 21, 2013

Judged:

Actually the dumplings came out rather well, of course cardboard tastes good when its covered in gravy too. So, I had that last night, tonight is left over prime rib, and tomorrow will be more of the chicken again. Good thing I like leftovers!

“It made sense at the time....”

Since: May 09

Des Plaines, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 21, 2013

ScarletandOlive wrote:
<quoted text>
Hope things are off to a better start today!
How far away does your brother live?
munich, so not like he's running over to assist... ;-D he did offer his credit card, however, so maybe i can treat myself... ;-)

we went back to my parents house today, and things really do seem less bad over there than they could have been. my parents learned decades ago not to store anyting precious on the lower levels of tehir storage shelves. i'm cleanign the floor, getting the water heater replaced and a quote for a new furnace, but they've got to hand wash all their own crap and pick out a new washer & dryer. we think it was about 2.5 feet of icky water there...

Des Plaines, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 21, 2013

Dahgts wrote:
Aisle sitter:
And I'm in Cologne worrying about my basement
And to make it worse no stores are open on Sunday..can't even shop at a drugstore
that was a surprise shift for us... my SIL made a comment about bro HAS to go to the store by 1 (there's a larger one that they go to that is about 1/2 hr drive) so that he'd make it in time.

nice to have family time....

i'll keepy my fingers crossed for your basement. i hope you have someone keeping an eye on things for you!

Des Plaines, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 21, 2013

oh, that was bro had to go to the grocery store by one on saturday... ohter wise, no dinner that night or sunday.

“...,to wit”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 21, 2013

Aisle Sitter wrote:
<quoted text>
munich, so not like he's running over to assist... ;-D he did offer his credit card, however, so maybe i can treat myself... ;-)
we went back to my parents house today, and things really do seem less bad over there than they could have been. my parents learned decades ago not to store anyting precious on the lower levels of tehir storage shelves. i'm cleanign the floor, getting the water heater replaced and a quote for a new furnace, but they've got to hand wash all their own crap and pick out a new washer & dryer. we think it was about 2.5 feet of icky water there...
Wow and an extra wow re day waiting on contractors.Here is a virtual drink with a coupon ( I was going to say rain check, but thought better of it) for a real one. My parents had seepage . They are in Lincolnwood not far from the Pratt underpass that always floods and closes the Edens. We had our usual seepage but neighbors across the street looks like they had a bad flood in teh basement based on the stuff at the curb.

“...,to wit”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 21, 2013

I am off to hear a Mariachi Opera in downtown Waukegan . Chicago peeps can understand how weird that sounds but for a $10 ticket at a refurbished historical theater, I'm game.
Wednesday I get to hear a Tango Opera downtown.

Its not Rush but it "still rock and roll to me" sorta.

Since: Mar 09

West Palm Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 21, 2013

Judged:

The beach baptism this evening was beautiful.
:)

Des Plaines, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 21, 2013

j_m_w wrote:
good... was it a sunset service or just evening? I've been thinking of you todya. congrats on taking this step.

West Palm Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 21, 2013

Aisle Sitter wrote:
<quoted text>good... was it a sunset service or just evening? I've been thinking of you todya. congrats on taking this step.
Thanks!

It started at 5, so pre-sunset. The weather forecast was for storms but while it was overcast on and off, the weather held out and was gorgeous. The clouds kept our friends and families from getting too hot out there.

Des Plaines, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 21, 2013

j_m_w wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks!
It started at 5, so pre-sunset. The weather forecast was for storms but while it was overcast on and off, the weather held out and was gorgeous. The clouds kept our friends and families from getting too hot out there.
cheesy though it may sound, i think that god does watch out for his people for things like this...:-)

“...,to wit”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 21, 2013

j_m_w wrote:
congratulation

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2013

Judged:

..."Do you know, who i am?".....Reese Witherspoon to Atlanta Police, as her husband is arrested for DUI........"Maam, could you remain in the car?"...."Maam, could you please remain in the car?"........lol.....

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2013

Aisle Sitter wrote:
<quoted text>
cheesy though it may sound, i think that god does watch out for his people for things like this...:-)
Oh, I agree!

I asked the coordinator yesterday midday what happens if there's lightening and she told me the official options but then said that they've never had to cancel a beach baptism. Totally makes sense to me....

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 83,281 - 83,300 of96,017
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

64 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 3 min JOEL COOL DUDE 64,996
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min TheIndependentMajority 1,033,782
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 7 min RACE 4,023
Amy 4-17 9 min RACE 2
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 12 min Linktv org 167,417
Abby 4-17 17 min RACE 4
World War O 45 min Washington Blog 1
•••
•••
Chicago Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
•••
•••