Toj

“Where is Everyone?”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#84479 Apr 22, 2013
j_m_w wrote:
From Prudie live:
My older brother ( by 10 years) is married with a 2-year- old daughter. I am a senior in high school. Last week, I babysat for them (as I often do) from when school ended until my SIL came home from work. We always have had a fun friendship, I think she and my brother are a great couple, and I have repeatedly joked about how my brother outkicked his coverage and I hope I am so lucky some day. We joke, it's flirty but harmless, or so I thought. But she walked in last week, sat next to me on the couch, grabbed my hand, put it on a non-gender-neutral area and told me she had to have me right there. I freaked out and walked out. I called my brother and left a message, but his wife had already spun a whole different story, and now my whole family believes I am at fault. Nobody believes my version. Other than waiting until fall to go to college and get away from the madness, any tips to cope?
Cope? Just cope. The truth will come out, eventually. The LW probably will never trust her family again quite as much. No one in the family had her back so I don't see anything good to ever come from any of this. Poor girl.

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#84480 Apr 22, 2013
Wait? Do we know that LW is a female? I assumed a male.

Location hidden

#84481 Apr 22, 2013
LW is a guy, folks. Not sister.

“The two baby belly, please!”

Since: Sep 09

Evanston IL

#84482 Apr 22, 2013
RACE wrote:
So, I cant wear my holographic spider sunglasses when we meet?
http://www.pjstrickshop.com/product.php...
or
http://www.giantvintage.com/product_info.php...
<quoted text>
Ha!

I think he'd be ok with those. He'd think you were really weird, but he'd by ok.

Location hidden

#84483 Apr 22, 2013
"I have repeatedly joked about how my brother outkicked his coverage and I hope I am so lucky some day. We joke, it's flirty but harmless, or so I thought."

This is a guy talking. He's had "flirty but harmless" conversation with his sister in law. He wants to find a hot chick like his brother did.

Totally a guy.

Toj

“Where is Everyone?”

Location hidden

#84484 Apr 22, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
LW is a guy, folks. Not sister.
Good catch. Still stand by what I said, though.

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#84485 Apr 22, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
"I have repeatedly joked about how my brother outkicked his coverage and I hope I am so lucky some day. We joke, it's flirty but harmless, or so I thought."
This is a guy talking. He's had "flirty but harmless" conversation with his sister in law. He wants to find a hot chick like his brother did.
Totally a guy.
Okay, you are probably right. I think the whole sitter thing threw me off. I know boys can do it to, but I usually associate that with girls.

Since: Mar 09

Miami, FL

#84486 Apr 22, 2013
Outkicking your coverage:

Having a date/mate that is significantly more attractive than you.

Thank you, urban dictionary.

And yes, I assumed the LW was a guy. I doubt LW's credibility would be in question if it was a girl.

Location hidden

#84487 Apr 22, 2013
Sublime1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Okay, you are probably right. I think the whole sitter thing threw me off. I know boys can do it to, but I usually associate that with girls.
I admit that I do as well. My friend's daycare provider has a 16yo son who babysits for my friend on weekend nights sometimes, and he is great with the kids. She sent me a pic the other day that the daycare provider had sent her: 16yo boy, sleeping in the recliner (home from school with a concussion he got in baseball), with 1yo Hazel sleeping on his lap. It was adorable.

Since: Mar 09

Miami, FL

#84488 Apr 22, 2013
I had a guy friend who told me he baby-sat a neighbor's daughter a few times and he made sure that the blinds were open, etc. whenever he was in the house alone with the girl. Paranoid? Perhaps... but better than being accused of something horrible.

Toj

“Where is Everyone?”

Location hidden

#84489 Apr 22, 2013
Especially when it's family, I don't automatically think it's a girl when speaking of a babysitter but I missed it just the same.

“Checks and Balances”

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

#84490 Apr 22, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>I admit that I do as well. My friend's daycare provider has a 16yo son who babysits for my friend on weekend nights sometimes, and he is great with the kids. She sent me a pic the other day that the daycare provider had sent her: 16yo boy, sleeping in the recliner (home from school with a concussion he got in baseball), with 1yo Hazel sleeping on his lap. It was adorable.
That sounds so cute!

My college-age male cousin has watched my boys before. He is their favorite babysitter. I like when they have positive male role models to look up to and he is a great kid.

Location hidden

#84491 Apr 22, 2013
ScarletandOlive wrote:
<quoted text>
That sounds so cute!
My college-age male cousin has watched my boys before. He is their favorite babysitter. I like when they have positive male role models to look up to and he is a great kid.
And it gives a guy some experience with babies and kids.

Meanwhile, I have a female coworker who's pregnant and she has never held a baby in her life. She'll be fine. Mostly, she's sick of comments from both sides of the family. She's had moms thrust their infants at her and tell her she needs to practice with diaper changes. S refuses. Figures she'll learn just fien on her own kid, she's not there to give you a break from diaper changing your own.

Location hidden

#84492 Apr 22, 2013
Sigh Someone at Planetfeedback.com is complaining in a letter to CVS that CVS doesn't care about the victims of the explosion in Texas, only the Boston victims. CVS was founded in the Boston area, so CVS has donated $ to the Boston fund. This person (in Texas) is upset by this because it's a dis to Texas.

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me!

#84493 Apr 22, 2013
and how big was the check the complainer wrote?

No concept of the meaning of charity...
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
Sigh Someone at Planetfeedback.com is complaining in a letter to CVS that CVS doesn't care about the victims of the explosion in Texas, only the Boston victims. CVS was founded in the Boston area, so CVS has donated $ to the Boston fund. This person (in Texas) is upset by this because it's a dis to Texas.

“The two baby belly, please!”

Since: Sep 09

Evanston IL

#84494 Apr 22, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
Sigh is right.

Take your complaint to the owners of the fertilizer company, dude.

“FD&S is no way to be.”

Since: Feb 13

United States

#84495 Apr 22, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
I actually signed up to respond. That guy is a butthead. If I were at CVS, that guy's letter would get a big "Ignore."

“...,to wit”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#84496 Apr 22, 2013
squishymama wrote:
<quoted text>
Sigh is right.
Take your complaint to the owners of the fertilizer company, dude.
Texas Governor Rick Perry has had radio ads running in Chicago touting that Texas is business friendly, meanless regulation.

How's that small-government business climate treating you, West, Texas?

“...,to wit”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#84497 Apr 22, 2013
Meaning , less regulation.

Although we do have meanless regs here. Freudian slip.

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#84498 Apr 22, 2013
PEllen wrote:
<quoted text>Texas Governor Rick Perry has had radio ads running in Chicago touting that Texas is business friendly, meanless regulation.

How's that small-government business climate treating you, West, Texas?
You have no idea if it was a lack of regulation or inspections that contributed to the explosion. It's pure speculation.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 5 min USAsince1680 1,143,948
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 46 min Fair Game 48,566
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr Jacques Ottawa 180,856
Black car driver shot thru window overnight 1 hr hands on AR 3
Super Waste by Post Office 2 hr Liberal Lover 3
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 3 hr TRD 68,794
Abby Nov 26 3 hr Kuuipo 3
Chicago Dating
Find my Match

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]