|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2013

Aisle Sitter wrote:
<quoted text>
cheesy though it may sound, i think that god does watch out for his people for things like this...:-)
Oh, I agree!

I asked the coordinator yesterday midday what happens if there's lightening and she told me the official options but then said that they've never had to cancel a beach baptism. Totally makes sense to me....

“Derecho”

Since: May 09

Braidwood, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2013

Here are the btches, btches. Someone else will have to take over for a while, I'm on the unemployment line for the next two weeks. Gotta try to find another job, I don't think this one is going to last much longer.

Amy

http://www.topix.com/forum/chicago/T0T9BFLFDF...

Abby

http://www.topix.com/forum/chicago/T2FK4CSC3G...

“Derecho”

Braidwood, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2013

j_m_w wrote:
The beach baptism this evening was beautiful.
:)
Congratulations on your blood of the lamb redemption. Can I be your first sin?

“Fort Kickass”

Since: Sep 09

Bloomington, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2013

So, our chat with SIL went over like a lead balloon. It pretty much ended...nay, began, with her storming out of the restaurant.

Casual conversation about them switching schools and why do they think that it will be different socially. What if it's not? Her: "I'll just isolate myself even more. Us: That's not really an answer. If you're going to be a psych major, you're going to have to stop being so hyper critical of other people. Her: "I'll switch majors." That's not the answer, either. You need to learn to deal with people and make friends. Plus, your future husband here is going to be a pastor. Pastor's wife is a job in and of itself which requires you to deal with people diplomatically. Her: "What can I say? I'm a d1ck. I don't want to talk about it." (storms out of restaurant) And I thought she wasn't self-aware. Cue to us having a 20 minute convo with the fiance about it while she sat outside pouting.

“...,to wit”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2013

edogxxx wrote:
Here are the btches, btches. Someone else will have to take over for a while, I'm on the unemployment line for the next two weeks. Gotta try to find another job, I don't think this one is going to last much longer.
Amy
Abby
Thanks for posting. Sorry about the job situation.As long as you have Internet, we are here and we don't cost anything.

“...,to wit”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2013

Judged:

Matilda77 wrote:
So, our chat with SIL went over like a lead balloon. It pretty much ended...nay, began, with her storming out of the restaurant.
Casual conversation about them switching schools and why do they think that it will be different socially. What if it's not? Her: "I'll just isolate myself even more. Us: That's not really an answer. If you're going to be a psych major, you're going to have to stop being so hyper critical of other people. Her: "I'll switch majors." That's not the answer, either. You need to learn to deal with people and make friends. Plus, your future husband here is going to be a pastor. Pastor's wife is a job in and of itself which requires you to deal with people diplomatically. Her: "What can I say? I'm a d1ck. I don't want to talk about it." (storms out of restaurant) And I thought she wasn't self-aware. Cue to us having a 20 minute convo with the fiance about it while she sat outside pouting.
Is she just young? Insecure? You and J are family, but behavior like this is likely to drive away a fiance.
Stina

Saint Petersburg, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2013

PEllen wrote:
<quoted text>
Is she just young? Insecure? You and J are family, but behavior like this is likely to drive away a fiance.
Yes it will!
When did she get engaged???

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2013

I thought you was moving up dude? Didnt your supervisor say he was considering you as his replacement?
edogxxx wrote:
Amy
Abby

Since: Mar 09

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2013

Matilda77 wrote:
Holy cow!

How did the convo with the fiance go? Is he as stubborn and anti-social? I don't mean to sound that harsh, I just can't think of another way to put it.

“Fort Kickass”

Bloomington, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2013

j_m_w wrote:
<quoted text>
Holy cow!
How did the convo with the fiance go? Is he as stubborn and anti-social? I don't mean to sound that harsh, I just can't think of another way to put it.
He doesn't handle stress well, either, but I think he's more aware than she is. More socially adept. He was mostly quiet. Said he'd talk to her. I think he'd be fine staying at their school if it wasn't for her.

“Fort Kickass”

Bloomington, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2013

Stina wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes it will!
When did she get engaged???
In January or February after...three whole months of dating! Yaaaaaay!

“Fort Kickass”

Bloomington, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2013

PEllen wrote:
<quoted text>
She's just immature and coming off of a really sh1tty childhood. I don't think this guy is smart enough to run.

“The two baby belly, please!”

Evanston IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2013

PEllen wrote:
I am off to hear a Mariachi Opera in downtown Waukegan . Chicago peeps can understand how weird that sounds but for a $10 ticket at a refurbished historical theater, I'm game.
Wednesday I get to hear a Tango Opera downtown.
Its not Rush but it "still rock and roll to me" sorta.
The Genesee?

We've been there twice to see the Imagination Movers (a kid-oriented rock band) so Mariachi doesn't seem that weird.

“Derecho”

Braidwood, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2013

RACE wrote:
I thought you was moving up dude? Didnt your supervisor say he was considering you as his replacement?
<quoted text>
That's only if he gets the job he's trying to get. But I'd still be dealing with the same sht. And that's assuming the powers that be even WANT me in that position.

“The two baby belly, please!”

Evanston IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2013

On the train ride home on Friday, I was checking FB and my niece posted pictures of their flooded home in Elmhurst. They have a tri-level ranchy thing, with the garage and family room on ground level and then there is still a basement off of that room. The first pic was of water rushing down the stairs from the LR into the basement, that was already full of water. The road in front of the house was so flooded that water was just rushing in through the garage. It was sorta horrible to look at...

Then Saturday me and the girls spent 15+ hours in the car with the MIL, driving to and from roughly Cedar Rapids, Iowa. We might as well have driven to Florida. It got so bad, that the last time we stopped, my butt kept buzzing long after we were out of the car. It was like the car version of sea legs...

But the puppy is adorable and the girls were REALLY good (I did have to put a stop to the fourth viewing of Spirit: Stallion of the Cimeron. The soundtrack is by Bryan Adams and between that tripe and the road hypnosis, I thought I might just snap). The puppy settled in between the girls in her very little harness attached to the seat belt, like she belonged there. I got the feeling that it was like she was already part of the clan and she had just been waiting for us to show up.

So when we got home Dickie was watching The Hobbit and I was just about to go to bed when he comes in and says "there are spiders, mama! Will you come watch it until they're gone?" So I ended up watching the rest of that movie and didn't go to sleep until after midnight. I was so tired on Sunday that at about 11am, I passed out on the couch for half an hour. And then because I didn't see the first part of the Hobbit, I watched it again after the girls went to bed. Didn't go to sleep until after midnight again.

I'm a little out of it today and will be going to bed tonight no later than 9pm. I swear!

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2013

Judged:

Winter storm coming here today. 6-10 inches of snow predicted for us.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2013

Judged:

Squishy: I was born in Cedar Rapids. ;)

And I can't stand Bryan Adams.

So Team SQuishy today.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2013

Also, very good Mia news. On Saturday, I gave her another appetite stimulant (she gets them only every three days), and by Sunday, she was eating like crazy. Not big amounts, but at least she was eating cat food the first time in two weeks she's eaten, really (other than cat treats, and late last week, she wasn't even eating those). She ate at least five times yesterday. And she ate this morning, then I took her to the vet where they checked her over and took out her stitches, and when we got home, she headed right for the food bowls and started eating some more.

Yay!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2013

She's down to 5.94 pounds.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2013

Matilda77 wrote:
<quoted text>
She's just immature and coming off of a really sh1tty childhood. I don't think this guy is smart enough to run.
I think you're right about your assessment. I think she also feels overwhelmed by this new adult life and realizes she's illprepared for it.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 83,281 - 83,300 of97,454
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

24 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Make 1000$ instantly 21 min generalwon1 1
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 47 min Obama Suks 48,696
Last word + 2 (Mar '12) 1 hr andet1987 407
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 2 hr LRS 173,742
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 hr shinningelectr0n 1,072,818
Evergreen Park Man Facing Charges In South Side... 2 hr wow 1
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 3 hr JOEL COOL DUDE 68,161
•••

Flash Flood Warning for Cook County was issued at July 13 at 1:46AM CDT

•••
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Chicago People Search