Stina

Saint Petersburg, FL

#84439 Apr 22, 2013
PEllen wrote:
<quoted text>
Is she just young? Insecure? You and J are family, but behavior like this is likely to drive away a fiance.
Yes it will!
When did she get engaged???

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me!

#84440 Apr 22, 2013
I thought you was moving up dude? Didnt your supervisor say he was considering you as his replacement?
edogxxx wrote:
Here are the btches, btches. Someone else will have to take over for a while, I'm on the unemployment line for the next two weeks. Gotta try to find another job, I don't think this one is going to last much longer.
Amy
http://www.topix.com/forum/chicago/T0T9BFLFDF...
Abby
http://www.topix.com/forum/chicago/T2FK4CSC3G...

Since: Mar 09

Miami, FL

#84441 Apr 22, 2013
Matilda77 wrote:
So, our chat with SIL went over like a lead balloon. It pretty much ended...nay, began, with her storming out of the restaurant.
Casual conversation about them switching schools and why do they think that it will be different socially. What if it's not? Her: "I'll just isolate myself even more. Us: That's not really an answer. If you're going to be a psych major, you're going to have to stop being so hyper critical of other people. Her: "I'll switch majors." That's not the answer, either. You need to learn to deal with people and make friends. Plus, your future husband here is going to be a pastor. Pastor's wife is a job in and of itself which requires you to deal with people diplomatically. Her: "What can I say? I'm a d1ck. I don't want to talk about it." (storms out of restaurant) And I thought she wasn't self-aware. Cue to us having a 20 minute convo with the fiance about it while she sat outside pouting.
Holy cow!

How did the convo with the fiance go? Is he as stubborn and anti-social? I don't mean to sound that harsh, I just can't think of another way to put it.

“Fort Kickass”

Since: Sep 09

Bloomington, IL

#84442 Apr 22, 2013
j_m_w wrote:
<quoted text>
Holy cow!
How did the convo with the fiance go? Is he as stubborn and anti-social? I don't mean to sound that harsh, I just can't think of another way to put it.
He doesn't handle stress well, either, but I think he's more aware than she is. More socially adept. He was mostly quiet. Said he'd talk to her. I think he'd be fine staying at their school if it wasn't for her.

“Fort Kickass”

Bloomington, IL

#84443 Apr 22, 2013
Stina wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes it will!
When did she get engaged???
In January or February after...three whole months of dating! Yaaaaaay!

“Fort Kickass”

Bloomington, IL

#84444 Apr 22, 2013
PEllen wrote:
<quoted text>
Is she just young? Insecure? You and J are family, but behavior like this is likely to drive away a fiance.
She's just immature and coming off of a really sh1tty childhood. I don't think this guy is smart enough to run.

“The two baby belly, please!”

Evanston IL

#84445 Apr 22, 2013
PEllen wrote:
I am off to hear a Mariachi Opera in downtown Waukegan . Chicago peeps can understand how weird that sounds but for a $10 ticket at a refurbished historical theater, I'm game.
Wednesday I get to hear a Tango Opera downtown.
Its not Rush but it "still rock and roll to me" sorta.
The Genesee?

We've been there twice to see the Imagination Movers (a kid-oriented rock band) so Mariachi doesn't seem that weird.

“reign in blood”

Since: May 09

Wilmington, IL

#84446 Apr 22, 2013
RACE wrote:
I thought you was moving up dude? Didnt your supervisor say he was considering you as his replacement?
<quoted text>
That's only if he gets the job he's trying to get. But I'd still be dealing with the same sht. And that's assuming the powers that be even WANT me in that position.

“The two baby belly, please!”

Evanston IL

#84447 Apr 22, 2013
On the train ride home on Friday, I was checking FB and my niece posted pictures of their flooded home in Elmhurst. They have a tri-level ranchy thing, with the garage and family room on ground level and then there is still a basement off of that room. The first pic was of water rushing down the stairs from the LR into the basement, that was already full of water. The road in front of the house was so flooded that water was just rushing in through the garage. It was sorta horrible to look at...

Then Saturday me and the girls spent 15+ hours in the car with the MIL, driving to and from roughly Cedar Rapids, Iowa. We might as well have driven to Florida. It got so bad, that the last time we stopped, my butt kept buzzing long after we were out of the car. It was like the car version of sea legs...

But the puppy is adorable and the girls were REALLY good (I did have to put a stop to the fourth viewing of Spirit: Stallion of the Cimeron. The soundtrack is by Bryan Adams and between that tripe and the road hypnosis, I thought I might just snap). The puppy settled in between the girls in her very little harness attached to the seat belt, like she belonged there. I got the feeling that it was like she was already part of the clan and she had just been waiting for us to show up.

So when we got home Dickie was watching The Hobbit and I was just about to go to bed when he comes in and says "there are spiders, mama! Will you come watch it until they're gone?" So I ended up watching the rest of that movie and didn't go to sleep until after midnight. I was so tired on Sunday that at about 11am, I passed out on the couch for half an hour. And then because I didn't see the first part of the Hobbit, I watched it again after the girls went to bed. Didn't go to sleep until after midnight again.

I'm a little out of it today and will be going to bed tonight no later than 9pm. I swear!

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#84448 Apr 22, 2013
Winter storm coming here today. 6-10 inches of snow predicted for us.

Location hidden

#84449 Apr 22, 2013
Squishy: I was born in Cedar Rapids. ;)

And I can't stand Bryan Adams.

So Team SQuishy today.

Location hidden

#84450 Apr 22, 2013
Also, very good Mia news. On Saturday, I gave her another appetite stimulant (she gets them only every three days), and by Sunday, she was eating like crazy. Not big amounts, but at least she was eating cat food the first time in two weeks she's eaten, really (other than cat treats, and late last week, she wasn't even eating those). She ate at least five times yesterday. And she ate this morning, then I took her to the vet where they checked her over and took out her stitches, and when we got home, she headed right for the food bowls and started eating some more.

Yay!

Location hidden

#84451 Apr 22, 2013
She's down to 5.94 pounds.

Location hidden

#84452 Apr 22, 2013
Matilda77 wrote:
<quoted text>
She's just immature and coming off of a really sh1tty childhood. I don't think this guy is smart enough to run.
I think you're right about your assessment. I think she also feels overwhelmed by this new adult life and realizes she's illprepared for it.
Stina

Saint Petersburg, FL

#84453 Apr 22, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>
I think you're right about your assessment. I think she also feels overwhelmed by this new adult life and realizes she's illprepared for it.
I agree! I hope they wait to get married for a few years!!!

“Fort Kickass”

Bloomington, IL

#84454 Apr 22, 2013
Stina wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree! I hope they wait to get married for a few years!!!
Allegedly next summer. But they have no money and I think they think that weddings just materialize. So I don't see it happening, unless they hit up the JOP, which his parents would be pissed about.

Since: Mar 09

Miami, FL

#84455 Apr 22, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
Winter storm coming here today. 6-10 inches of snow predicted for us.
You've got to be effing kidding me. It's May next week. I'll be there in less than three weeks and there had better be no snow, or heads are gonna roll.

“FD&S is no way to be.”

Since: Feb 13

United States

#84456 Apr 22, 2013
Matilda77 wrote:
So, our chat with SIL went over like a lead balloon. It pretty much ended...nay, began, with her storming out of the restaurant.
Casual conversation about them switching schools and why do they think that it will be different socially. What if it's not? Her: "I'll just isolate myself even more. Us: That's not really an answer. If you're going to be a psych major, you're going to have to stop being so hyper critical of other people. Her: "I'll switch majors." That's not the answer, either. You need to learn to deal with people and make friends. Plus, your future husband here is going to be a pastor. Pastor's wife is a job in and of itself which requires you to deal with people diplomatically. Her: "What can I say? I'm a d1ck. I don't want to talk about it." (storms out of restaurant) And I thought she wasn't self-aware. Cue to us having a 20 minute convo with the fiance about it while she sat outside pouting.
"What can I say? I am a dick?" That was her response? The funny thing is how that contradicts all her other statements about how everyone else is doing things wrong. You have got yourself one heaping handful there. And he is going to be a pastor? So what about her does he find endearing? Her attitude does not seem to be very pastor wife-ish.

Location hidden

#84457 Apr 22, 2013
j_m_w wrote:
<quoted text>
You've got to be effing kidding me. It's May next week. I'll be there in less than three weeks and there had better be no snow, or heads are gonna roll.
We just moved cabin opener. Can't put the dock and diving tower out when the lake is still frozen. Two feet of ice right now.

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me!

#84458 Apr 22, 2013
Whaaaa? Are you serious?
squishymama wrote:
So when we got home Dickie was watching The Hobbit and I was just about to go to bed when he comes in and says "there are spiders, mama! Will you come watch it until they're gone?"

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 5 min scirocco 68,887
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 8 min RealDave 1,154,333
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 10 min Fair Game 49,240
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 31 min KiMerde 51,265
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 1 hr Frijoles 71,119
Disgraceful treatment at O'Hare 1 hr far away 1
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 2 hr Rogue Scholar 05 181,872
Chicago Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 5:21 pm PST

Bleacher Report 5:21PM