|
Judge it!
|
Apr 20, 2013

You can call me Dolt if you want.
'cmone Dolt me!

Mimi Seattle wrote:
<quoted text>
You know what? You're right. I shouldn't stoop to that level.

“...,to wit”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 20, 2013

RACE wrote:
Yo baby why you trying to school dog?
We all be individuals, and so we all be posting in a way that reflects ourself. Dog know exactly what he be doing, and i doubt this post will provide him any lightbulb moments. Just as I am fully aware of how my posts make me look. Friendly pointer: Sometimes dog and I make ourselves look stupid and argumentative just to stir the pot. Sometimes name calling and mud slinging is fun. Maybe not your idea of fun, but thats on you.
<quoted text>
I know, but with him I am never quite sure.
Ding me for trying if you want, but at least I know I attempted it.
The context was the discussion about why he had been unfriended
on FB.He sounded like he didn't understand why that had happened

Sometimes I need someone to use words of one syllable to tell me how I am coming off. I have appreciated it ( mostly) when that happens. We are all clueless about some stuff and as I said, with him I am just not sure.

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 20, 2013

Hey, all you cooks.

I wanted to make dumplings for my chicken and dumpling stew I am making, but it seemed like a bother, so I went to get frozen dumplings, but they did not have drop dumplings only little flat skinny things.

So I bought a bag of frozen biscuits. I have thawed them out, so what are my chances of succesfully using a biscuit as a dumpling?

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 20, 2013

Judged:

Un-friended....Another social tragedy caused by FB.

“...,to wit”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 20, 2013

RACE wrote:
Hey, all you cooks.
I wanted to make dumplings for my chicken and dumpling stew I am making, but it seemed like a bother, so I went to get frozen dumplings, but they did not have drop dumplings only little flat skinny things.
So I bought a bag of frozen biscuits. I have thawed them out, so what are my chances of succesfully using a biscuit as a dumpling?
Alas, I am not your dumpling person.... unless you want to know how to make matzo balls

“Checks and Balances”

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 20, 2013

RACE wrote:
Hey, all you cooks.

I don't know, but I don't know how it can get any easier than Bisquick and milk. Well, you can eat out, I suppose.

I have brunch plans with a friend on Monday morning. We are going to Perkins (haven't been there since I was pregnant with Ry) and I am craving their biscuits and gravy. He had better not bail on me, or I will be eating there by myself, like a loser.

“Derecho”

Since: May 09

Braidwood, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 20, 2013

PEllen wrote:
but with him I am never quite sure.
Come on, Sugar. You know me better than that by now.

“Derecho”

Braidwood, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 20, 2013

ScarletandOlive wrote:
or I will be eating there by myself, like a loser.
If eating breakfast by yourself in a restaurant makes you a loser, then color me loser because I do that about every other weekend.

Beats cooking.

“...,to wit”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 20, 2013

Judged:

edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
Come on, Sugar. You know me better than that by now.
No, Dog, my comment was accurate. Sometimes I am not sure whether you are deliberate or clueless about the way you present yurself on-line .

“What's it to ya?”

Since: Mar 09

Tacoma, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 20, 2013

RACE wrote:
Hey, all you cooks.
Sometimes I use the ones that come in the can. They work ok. Not quite the same as homemade, but then again homemade dumplings aren't my forte anyway, so <shrug>

“What's it to ya?”

Tacoma, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 20, 2013

RACE wrote:
You can call me Dolt if you want.
'cmone Dolt me!
<quoted text>
heh :D

“What's it to ya?”

Tacoma, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 20, 2013

RACE wrote:
Un-friended....Another social tragedy caused by FB.
If you make a FB (DO IT ALREADY!) I promise to not un-friend you. Of course I can't say you wouldn't want to un-friend me, but theme the breaks.

“What's it to ya?”

Tacoma, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 20, 2013

I never feel like a loser eating alone. I don't get this NEED to have to have someone with you when you eat out. <shrug>

I'm fine with (even prefer) my own company. Like when we go out for Pho and everyone's done while I'm still tearing the basil into my soup on my own schedule. Pfffttt if I'm alone I don't feel rushed. Plus I can read, play with my phone, or whatever and not have to talk to people.

That said I'm going out to dinner and a movie with another person tonight so,,,you win some, etc. Fortunately there will be no talking in the movie, so that's a plus.

“Derecho”

Braidwood, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 20, 2013

PEllen wrote:
Sometimes I am not sure whether you are deliberate or clueless
And sometimes *I'm* not sure whether you're hot, or sexy, or both!

“I Am Mine”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 20, 2013

Judged:

edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
If eating breakfast by yourself in a restaurant makes you a loser, then color me loser because I do that about every other weekend.
Beats cooking.
I eat lunch alone frequently. When I was travelling for work, I ate dinner alone just about every night. I don't see how this makes one a loser.

West Palm Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 20, 2013

I eat out alone a lot too. I bring my kindle and get lost in a book while I eat.

I had a lazy day of watching movies and eating takeout today, no errands or chores at all. Haven't done that in ten years... I think I was overdue.

“It made sense at the time....”

Des Plaines, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 20, 2013

i had a lazy day too, even took a nap...

unfortunaytely, the nap was in my car because there was no heat in my gramma's house and i was waiting for a plumber to come to drain the basement...

then, i had to send the plumbers away (after a total of something like 6+ hours of waiting for them over 2 days) because the freakin' doorknob decided to break.

i had to break into her house then give up & find a locksmith. he wanted proof that i'm connected to the house, so i had to have hubby bring some paperwork from home.(more waiting)

oh, and my parents (in Munich) are freaking out over the fact that their basement flooded. Bro even called me to tell me, words to the effect of, do whatever the eff i have to to get the water heater replaced, he can't stand their whining any more.

here's the thing, they seem more wound up over some effing WATER than they did over teh fact that they left me with someone who died and therefore i had to plan a funeral on my own. bro laughed at that...

/end rant for now/

here's to a better tomorrow. no waiting for contractors on a sunday.

“Checks and Balances”

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 21, 2013

Hmmm, I should have rephrased. I have eaten at restaurants by myself often and I love to goto the movies alone (you don't have to worry about if your companion likes the movie or is going to interrupt you).

The loser part would be eating by myself not because I chose to, but because my friend doesn't want to hang out with me.

“Derecho”

Braidwood, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 21, 2013

Judged:

See, I think going to the movies by yourself is more of a loser move.

“Derecho”

Braidwood, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 21, 2013

Aisle Sitter wrote:
i had a lazy day too, even took a nap...
unfortunaytely, the nap was in my car because there was no heat in my gramma's house and i was waiting for a plumber to come to drain the basement...
then, i had to send the plumbers away (after a total of something like 6+ hours of waiting for them over 2 days) because the freakin' doorknob decided to break.
i had to break into her house then give up & find a locksmith. he wanted proof that i'm connected to the house, so i had to have hubby bring some paperwork from home.(more waiting)
oh, and my parents (in Munich) are freaking out over the fact that their basement flooded. Bro even called me to tell me, words to the effect of, do whatever the eff i have to to get the water heater replaced, he can't stand their whining any more.
here's the thing, they seem more wound up over some effing WATER than they did over teh fact that they left me with someone who died and therefore i had to plan a funeral on my own. bro laughed at that...
/end rant for now/
here's to a better tomorrow. no waiting for contractors on a sunday.
Dam, girl. Sounds like you had... quite a day.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 83,241 - 83,260 of97,432
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

23 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 14 min Incognito4Ever 1,071,797
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 1 hr voice of peace 67,523
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 2 hr LRS 173,573
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 2 hr Stuart Cudahy 45,444
Last word + 2 (Mar '12) 2 hr andet1987 388
I Hate my life and mom (Aug '07) 4 hr hands on AR 1,756
Negra Nagin gets 10 years-YEAH 4 hr hands on AR 5
•••
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••