“What's it to ya?”

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#84402 Apr 20, 2013
RACE wrote:
Hey, all you cooks.
I wanted to make dumplings for my chicken and dumpling stew I am making, but it seemed like a bother, so I went to get frozen dumplings, but they did not have drop dumplings only little flat skinny things.
So I bought a bag of frozen biscuits. I have thawed them out, so what are my chances of succesfully using a biscuit as a dumpling?
Sometimes I use the ones that come in the can. They work ok. Not quite the same as homemade, but then again homemade dumplings aren't my forte anyway, so <shrug>

“What's it to ya?”

Location hidden

#84403 Apr 20, 2013
RACE wrote:
You can call me Dolt if you want.
'cmone Dolt me!
<quoted text>
heh :D

“What's it to ya?”

Location hidden

#84404 Apr 20, 2013
RACE wrote:
Un-friended....Another social tragedy caused by FB.
If you make a FB (DO IT ALREADY!) I promise to not un-friend you. Of course I can't say you wouldn't want to un-friend me, but theme the breaks.

“What's it to ya?”

Location hidden

#84405 Apr 20, 2013
I never feel like a loser eating alone. I don't get this NEED to have to have someone with you when you eat out. <shrug>

I'm fine with (even prefer) my own company. Like when we go out for Pho and everyone's done while I'm still tearing the basil into my soup on my own schedule. Pfffttt if I'm alone I don't feel rushed. Plus I can read, play with my phone, or whatever and not have to talk to people.

That said I'm going out to dinner and a movie with another person tonight so,,,you win some, etc. Fortunately there will be no talking in the movie, so that's a plus.

“reign in blood”

Since: May 09

Wilmington, IL

#84406 Apr 20, 2013
PEllen wrote:
Sometimes I am not sure whether you are deliberate or clueless
And sometimes *I'm* not sure whether you're hot, or sexy, or both!

“I Am Mine”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#84407 Apr 20, 2013
edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
If eating breakfast by yourself in a restaurant makes you a loser, then color me loser because I do that about every other weekend.
Beats cooking.
I eat lunch alone frequently. When I was travelling for work, I ate dinner alone just about every night. I don't see how this makes one a loser.

West Palm Beach, FL

#84408 Apr 20, 2013
I eat out alone a lot too. I bring my kindle and get lost in a book while I eat.

I had a lazy day of watching movies and eating takeout today, no errands or chores at all. Haven't done that in ten years... I think I was overdue.

“It made sense at the time....”

Des Plaines, IL

#84409 Apr 20, 2013
i had a lazy day too, even took a nap...

unfortunaytely, the nap was in my car because there was no heat in my gramma's house and i was waiting for a plumber to come to drain the basement...

then, i had to send the plumbers away (after a total of something like 6+ hours of waiting for them over 2 days) because the freakin' doorknob decided to break.

i had to break into her house then give up & find a locksmith. he wanted proof that i'm connected to the house, so i had to have hubby bring some paperwork from home.(more waiting)

oh, and my parents (in Munich) are freaking out over the fact that their basement flooded. Bro even called me to tell me, words to the effect of, do whatever the eff i have to to get the water heater replaced, he can't stand their whining any more.

here's the thing, they seem more wound up over some effing WATER than they did over teh fact that they left me with someone who died and therefore i had to plan a funeral on my own. bro laughed at that...

/end rant for now/

here's to a better tomorrow. no waiting for contractors on a sunday.

“Checks and Balances”

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

#84410 Apr 21, 2013
Hmmm, I should have rephrased. I have eaten at restaurants by myself often and I love to goto the movies alone (you don't have to worry about if your companion likes the movie or is going to interrupt you).

The loser part would be eating by myself not because I chose to, but because my friend doesn't want to hang out with me.

“reign in blood”

Wilmington, IL

#84411 Apr 21, 2013
See, I think going to the movies by yourself is more of a loser move.

“reign in blood”

Wilmington, IL

#84412 Apr 21, 2013
Aisle Sitter wrote:
unfortunaytely, the nap was in my car because there was no heat in my gramma's house and i was waiting for a plumber to come to drain the basement...
then, i had to send the plumbers away (after a total of something like 6+ hours of waiting for them over 2 days) because the freakin' doorknob decided to break.
i had to break into her house then give up & find a locksmith. he wanted proof that i'm connected to the house, so i had to have hubby bring some paperwork from home.(more waiting)
oh, and my parents (in Munich) are freaking out over the fact that their basement flooded. Bro even called me to tell me, words to the effect of, do whatever the eff i have to to get the water heater replaced, he can't stand their whining any more.
here's the thing, they seem more wound up over some effing WATER than they did over teh fact that they left me with someone who died and therefore i had to plan a funeral on my own. bro laughed at that...
/end rant for now/
Dam, girl. Sounds like you had... quite a day.

West Palm Beach, FL

#84413 Apr 21, 2013
edogxxx wrote:
See, I think going to the movies by yourself is more of a loser move.
Right after my divorce, I went to the movies alone just about every weekend for awhile. I was depressed and it was an easy way to think about something else for 2 hours. If you think about it logically (Tonka: feel free to chime in here), going to the movies alone makes perfect sense. It's not like you're having a conversation with anyone.

“What's it to ya?”

Location hidden

#84414 Apr 21, 2013
j_m_w wrote:
<quoted text>
Right after my divorce, I went to the movies alone just about every weekend for awhile. I was depressed and it was an easy way to think about something else for 2 hours. If you think about it logically (Tonka: feel free to chime in here), going to the movies alone makes perfect sense. It's not like you're having a conversation with anyone.
Went to a movie WITH someone last night. Meh. Not like we talked during the movie (though he tried(!!!) to) so I could have been alone and it would have been just fine.
Dahgts

Bergisch Gladbach, Germany

#84415 Apr 21, 2013
Aisle sitter:
And I'm in Cologne worrying about my basement
And to make it worse no stores are open on Sunday..can't even shop at a drugstore

“Checks and Balances”

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

#84416 Apr 21, 2013
Aisle Sitter wrote:

/end rant for now/

Hope things are off to a better start today!

How far away does your brother live?

“I Am Mine”

Location hidden

#84417 Apr 21, 2013
j_m_w wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm with edog on the movie thing. I've never been to a movie by myself. There's NOTHING in the theater that I have to see right now. If I'm going to watch a movie alone, there is no question that its going to be on DVD. To me, movies are part of a social outing. Even though while there, there is no talking. Going to dinner by yourself, you have the benefit of no cooking, no cleaning, and a world of choices at your disposal. Going to the movies alone? Eh. You pay more for the movie. You pay more for the snacks. And as far as 'm concerned, the experience of the movie itself is not enhanced by being in the theater vs your living room.

“I Am Mine”

Location hidden

#84418 Apr 21, 2013
Female friend posted on facebook "Wonderful morning of worship".

My filthy mind wanted to post, "I don't need to know what goes on in your bedroom on Sunday morning".

“...,to wit”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#84419 Apr 21, 2013

“...,to wit”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#84420 Apr 21, 2013

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me!

#84421 Apr 21, 2013
Actually the dumplings came out rather well, of course cardboard tastes good when its covered in gravy too. So, I had that last night, tonight is left over prime rib, and tomorrow will be more of the chicken again. Good thing I like leftovers!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 8 min kal 47,052
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 9 min RoxLo 1,115,461
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 10 min Cali Girl 2014 50,053
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 27 min Rogue Scholar 05 178,612
IL Who do you support for Governor in Illinois in ... (Oct '10) 55 min LieutenantGov 4,053
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 1 hr full mardi mau-Grau 68,565
Amy - 9-29-2014 1 hr Kuuipo 32

Chicago Jobs

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]