Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 20, 2013

Ryan Lochte is SO HOT, but apparently not the sharpest crayon in the box.

http://m.tmz.com/#Article/2013/04/18/olympics...

“...,to wit”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 20, 2013

edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
Lutherans and Presbyterians and even Methodists are nothing but off-shoots of Catholicism. But as a snake-handling, cool-aid drinking fundamentalist, what do I know?
If you got the reference to kool aid you would be appalled... and dead

“suffers from formicophilia ”

Since: May 09

Braidwood, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 20, 2013

Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text>So who exactly are you saying does not do child baptisms? Catholics? If that's hat you're saying then you are completely wrong. Infant baptisms are the norm for Catholics. I have no idea about the off-shoots.
Try to pay attention. Catholics, and many of it's protestant off-shoots (but not all) DO practice infant baptism. The rest of the protestant religions do not.

Braidwood, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 20, 2013

ScarletandOlive wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you understand what "Protestant" means? It means churches that deny (protest) the Pope's authority. It means basically any Christian church that is not Catholic. Lutherans were THE original Protestants.
I'm well aware of this, thank you.

Braidwood, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 20, 2013

PEllen wrote:
<quoted text>If you got the reference to kool aid you would be appalled... and dead
I know all about Jonestown, honey.

“Fort Kickass”

Since: Sep 09

Bloomington, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 20, 2013

Judged:

ScarletandOlive wrote:
Ryan Lochte is SO HOT, but apparently not the sharpest crayon in the box.

http://m.tmz.com/#Article/2013/04/18/olympics...
His stupidity makes him instantly not hot, IMO.

“What's it to ya?”

Since: Mar 09

Tacoma, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 20, 2013

edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
Lutherans and Presbyterians and even Methodists are nothing but off-shoots of Catholicism. But as a snake-handling, cool-aid drinking fundamentalist, what do I know?
Ever hear of a guy named Martin Luther (hint: Lutheranism) he was protesting (read: protestant) the Catholic church. Dolt.

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 20, 2013

Now, that really did make me laugh out loud! Thanks!
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
Race, you'll like this: I thought this was hilarious, posted by my brother on FB:
[brother's name]... knows the 2 best days of a boat owners life are the day he buys it and the day they capture a terrorist in it.

“...,to wit”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 20, 2013

“...,to wit”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 20, 2013

Braidwood, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 20, 2013

Mimi Seattle wrote:
Ever hear of a guy named Martin Luther (hint: Lutheranism) he was protesting (read: protestant) the Catholic church. Dolt.
Are you people godam braindead? How many times do I have to repeat myself, idiots?

“What's it to ya?”

Tacoma, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 20, 2013

edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you people godam braindead? How many times do I have to repeat myself, idiots?
See it's this level of disrespectful interaction that makes people un-friend you. Learn from it.

Braidwood, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 20, 2013

Mimi Seattle wrote:
<quoted text>
See it's this level of disrespectful interaction that makes people un-friend you. Learn from it.
Who called who a dolt? For telling me something I ALREADY KNEW!

“...,to wit”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 20, 2013

edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
I know all about Jonestown, honey.
Ah, I see that you are feeling your regular self.

Dog- Mimi has a point. It's not so much that you have differing opinions.It is the manner and style in which you share them.

Friendly pointer: when you disagree, stick to the substance, avoid calling the other person names or questioning their motivation or intelligence.

When someone baits you, for instance like Sam does, if there is something in their message you can respond to, do so and don't take the name calling bait. I have seen you do this from time to time so I know you are capable of it. It is probably not your first instinctual response, but if your goal is less heated interactions, give it a try.

It's not easy. You need to take a mental pause and listen for the substance rather than the style.

Example. You could have replied to me, "I know all about Jonestown". Period. Conveys the same thing. It tells me not to patronize you. It avoids name calling.

/s/Pelly, who is not your honey

“...,to wit”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 20, 2013

edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
Coaching: Consider letting the name calling" dolt" slide. Consider not using all caps which is considered yelling.

“What's it to ya?”

Tacoma, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 20, 2013

edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
You know what? You're right. I shouldn't stoop to that level.

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 20, 2013

PEllen wrote:
<quoted text>
Dog- Mimi has a point. It's not so much that you have differing opinions.It is the manner and style in which you share them.
Friendly pointer: when you disagree, stick to the substance, avoid calling the other person names or questioning their motivation or intelligence.
When someone baits you, for instance like Sam does, if there is something in their message you can respond to, do so and don't take the name calling bait. I have seen you do this from time to time so I know you are capable of it. It is probably not your first instinctual response, but if your goal is less heated interactions, give it a try.
It's not easy. You need to take a mental pause and listen for the substance rather than the style.
Example. You could have replied to me, "I know all about Jonestown". Period. Conveys the same thing. It tells me not to patronize you. It avoids name calling.
Thanks for the tips, HONEY.

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 20, 2013

Mimi Seattle wrote:
You're right.
Always.

Neda, stay with me!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 20, 2013

Judged:

Yo baby why you trying to school dog?
We all be individuals, and so we all be posting in a way that reflects ourself. Dog know exactly what he be doing, and i doubt this post will provide him any lightbulb moments. Just as I am fully aware of how my posts make me look. Friendly pointer: Sometimes dog and I make ourselves look stupid and argumentative just to stir the pot. Sometimes name calling and mud slinging is fun. Maybe not your idea of fun, but thats on you.
PEllen wrote:
<quoted text>

Neda, stay with me!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 20, 2013

You can call me Dolt if you want.
'cmone Dolt me!

Mimi Seattle wrote:
<quoted text>
You know what? You're right. I shouldn't stoop to that level.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 83,241 - 83,260 of96,115
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

41 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 6 min TRD 67,193
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 8 min woodtick57 1,034,041
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr wojar 167,569
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr litesong 42,983
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 1 hr lol 47,058
Song Title Game (Dec '11) 1 hr Velvet MJK 1,022
Music Artists A to Z 1 hr Velvet MJK 91
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE