“...,to wit”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#84420 Apr 21, 2013

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me!

#84421 Apr 21, 2013
Actually the dumplings came out rather well, of course cardboard tastes good when its covered in gravy too. So, I had that last night, tonight is left over prime rib, and tomorrow will be more of the chicken again. Good thing I like leftovers!

“It made sense at the time....”

Since: May 09

Des Plaines, IL

#84422 Apr 21, 2013
ScarletandOlive wrote:
<quoted text>
Hope things are off to a better start today!
How far away does your brother live?
munich, so not like he's running over to assist... ;-D he did offer his credit card, however, so maybe i can treat myself... ;-)

we went back to my parents house today, and things really do seem less bad over there than they could have been. my parents learned decades ago not to store anyting precious on the lower levels of tehir storage shelves. i'm cleanign the floor, getting the water heater replaced and a quote for a new furnace, but they've got to hand wash all their own crap and pick out a new washer & dryer. we think it was about 2.5 feet of icky water there...

Des Plaines, IL

#84423 Apr 21, 2013
Dahgts wrote:
Aisle sitter:
And I'm in Cologne worrying about my basement
And to make it worse no stores are open on Sunday..can't even shop at a drugstore
that was a surprise shift for us... my SIL made a comment about bro HAS to go to the store by 1 (there's a larger one that they go to that is about 1/2 hr drive) so that he'd make it in time.

nice to have family time....

i'll keepy my fingers crossed for your basement. i hope you have someone keeping an eye on things for you!

Des Plaines, IL

#84424 Apr 21, 2013
oh, that was bro had to go to the grocery store by one on saturday... ohter wise, no dinner that night or sunday.

“...,to wit”

Location hidden

#84425 Apr 21, 2013
Aisle Sitter wrote:
<quoted text>
munich, so not like he's running over to assist... ;-D he did offer his credit card, however, so maybe i can treat myself... ;-)
we went back to my parents house today, and things really do seem less bad over there than they could have been. my parents learned decades ago not to store anyting precious on the lower levels of tehir storage shelves. i'm cleanign the floor, getting the water heater replaced and a quote for a new furnace, but they've got to hand wash all their own crap and pick out a new washer & dryer. we think it was about 2.5 feet of icky water there...
Wow and an extra wow re day waiting on contractors.Here is a virtual drink with a coupon ( I was going to say rain check, but thought better of it) for a real one. My parents had seepage . They are in Lincolnwood not far from the Pratt underpass that always floods and closes the Edens. We had our usual seepage but neighbors across the street looks like they had a bad flood in teh basement based on the stuff at the curb.

“...,to wit”

Location hidden

#84426 Apr 21, 2013
I am off to hear a Mariachi Opera in downtown Waukegan . Chicago peeps can understand how weird that sounds but for a $10 ticket at a refurbished historical theater, I'm game.
Wednesday I get to hear a Tango Opera downtown.

Its not Rush but it "still rock and roll to me" sorta.

Since: Mar 09

West Palm Beach, FL

#84427 Apr 21, 2013
The beach baptism this evening was beautiful.
:)

Des Plaines, IL

#84428 Apr 21, 2013
j_m_w wrote:
good... was it a sunset service or just evening? I've been thinking of you todya. congrats on taking this step.

West Palm Beach, FL

#84429 Apr 21, 2013
Aisle Sitter wrote:
<quoted text>good... was it a sunset service or just evening? I've been thinking of you todya. congrats on taking this step.
Thanks!

It started at 5, so pre-sunset. The weather forecast was for storms but while it was overcast on and off, the weather held out and was gorgeous. The clouds kept our friends and families from getting too hot out there.

Des Plaines, IL

#84430 Apr 21, 2013
j_m_w wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks!
It started at 5, so pre-sunset. The weather forecast was for storms but while it was overcast on and off, the weather held out and was gorgeous. The clouds kept our friends and families from getting too hot out there.
cheesy though it may sound, i think that god does watch out for his people for things like this...:-)

“...,to wit”

Location hidden

#84431 Apr 21, 2013
j_m_w wrote:
congratulation

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#84432 Apr 22, 2013
..."Do you know, who i am?".....Reese Witherspoon to Atlanta Police, as her husband is arrested for DUI........"Maam, could you remain in the car?"...."Maam, could you please remain in the car?"........lol.....

Miami, FL

#84433 Apr 22, 2013
Aisle Sitter wrote:
<quoted text>
cheesy though it may sound, i think that god does watch out for his people for things like this...:-)
Oh, I agree!

I asked the coordinator yesterday midday what happens if there's lightening and she told me the official options but then said that they've never had to cancel a beach baptism. Totally makes sense to me....

“reign in blood”

Wilmington, IL

#84434 Apr 22, 2013
Here are the btches, btches. Someone else will have to take over for a while, I'm on the unemployment line for the next two weeks. Gotta try to find another job, I don't think this one is going to last much longer.

Amy

http://www.topix.com/forum/chicago/T0T9BFLFDF...

Abby

http://www.topix.com/forum/chicago/T2FK4CSC3G...

“reign in blood”

Wilmington, IL

#84435 Apr 22, 2013
j_m_w wrote:
Congratulations on your blood of the lamb redemption. Can I be your first sin?

“Fort Kickass”

Since: Sep 09

Bloomington, IL

#84436 Apr 22, 2013
So, our chat with SIL went over like a lead balloon. It pretty much ended...nay, began, with her storming out of the restaurant.

Casual conversation about them switching schools and why do they think that it will be different socially. What if it's not? Her: "I'll just isolate myself even more. Us: That's not really an answer. If you're going to be a psych major, you're going to have to stop being so hyper critical of other people. Her: "I'll switch majors." That's not the answer, either. You need to learn to deal with people and make friends. Plus, your future husband here is going to be a pastor. Pastor's wife is a job in and of itself which requires you to deal with people diplomatically. Her: "What can I say? I'm a d1ck. I don't want to talk about it." (storms out of restaurant) And I thought she wasn't self-aware. Cue to us having a 20 minute convo with the fiance about it while she sat outside pouting.

“...,to wit”

Location hidden

#84437 Apr 22, 2013
edogxxx wrote:
Here are the btches, btches. Someone else will have to take over for a while, I'm on the unemployment line for the next two weeks. Gotta try to find another job, I don't think this one is going to last much longer.
Amy
http://www.topix.com/forum/chicago/T0T9BFLFDF...
Abby
http://www.topix.com/forum/chicago/T2FK4CSC3G...
Thanks for posting. Sorry about the job situation.As long as you have Internet, we are here and we don't cost anything.

“...,to wit”

Location hidden

#84438 Apr 22, 2013
Matilda77 wrote:
So, our chat with SIL went over like a lead balloon. It pretty much ended...nay, began, with her storming out of the restaurant.
Casual conversation about them switching schools and why do they think that it will be different socially. What if it's not? Her: "I'll just isolate myself even more. Us: That's not really an answer. If you're going to be a psych major, you're going to have to stop being so hyper critical of other people. Her: "I'll switch majors." That's not the answer, either. You need to learn to deal with people and make friends. Plus, your future husband here is going to be a pastor. Pastor's wife is a job in and of itself which requires you to deal with people diplomatically. Her: "What can I say? I'm a d1ck. I don't want to talk about it." (storms out of restaurant) And I thought she wasn't self-aware. Cue to us having a 20 minute convo with the fiance about it while she sat outside pouting.
Is she just young? Insecure? You and J are family, but behavior like this is likely to drive away a fiance.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 6 min Religionthebiglie 51,298
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 13 min Yeah 1,156,206
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 14 min JOEL 71,268
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 24 min Dale 182,166
Fight at Navy Pier 27 min joey 2
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 47 min positronium 49,362
Adult Nursing Relationships (May '11) 1 hr Tim 146
Chicago Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 6:03 am PST

NBC Sports 6:03AM
Jim Caldwell: No concerns about starting a rookie center
Bleacher Report 8:46 AM
What Are Experts Saying About Vikings?
NBC Sports11:28 AM
Bears extend Roberto Garza through 2015
NBC Sports 7:32 AM
Full-blown Bears house-cleaning could be coming
Bleacher Report 6:10 PM
Could Cutler, Shanahan Reunion Work for Jets?