Wilmington, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 20, 2013

Mimi Seattle wrote:
Ever hear of a guy named Martin Luther (hint: Lutheranism) he was protesting (read: protestant) the Catholic church. Dolt.
Are you people godam braindead? How many times do I have to repeat myself, idiots?

“What's it to ya?”

Since: Mar 09

Tacoma, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 20, 2013

edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you people godam braindead? How many times do I have to repeat myself, idiots?
See it's this level of disrespectful interaction that makes people un-friend you. Learn from it.

“reign in blood”

Since: May 09

Wilmington, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 20, 2013

Mimi Seattle wrote:
<quoted text>
See it's this level of disrespectful interaction that makes people un-friend you. Learn from it.
Who called who a dolt? For telling me something I ALREADY KNEW!

“...,to wit”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 20, 2013

edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
I know all about Jonestown, honey.
Ah, I see that you are feeling your regular self.

Dog- Mimi has a point. It's not so much that you have differing opinions.It is the manner and style in which you share them.

Friendly pointer: when you disagree, stick to the substance, avoid calling the other person names or questioning their motivation or intelligence.

When someone baits you, for instance like Sam does, if there is something in their message you can respond to, do so and don't take the name calling bait. I have seen you do this from time to time so I know you are capable of it. It is probably not your first instinctual response, but if your goal is less heated interactions, give it a try.

It's not easy. You need to take a mental pause and listen for the substance rather than the style.

Example. You could have replied to me, "I know all about Jonestown". Period. Conveys the same thing. It tells me not to patronize you. It avoids name calling.

/s/Pelly, who is not your honey

“...,to wit”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 20, 2013

edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
Coaching: Consider letting the name calling" dolt" slide. Consider not using all caps which is considered yelling.

“What's it to ya?”

Since: Mar 09

Tacoma, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 20, 2013

edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
You know what? You're right. I shouldn't stoop to that level.

“reign in blood”

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 20, 2013

PEllen wrote:
<quoted text>
Dog- Mimi has a point. It's not so much that you have differing opinions.It is the manner and style in which you share them.
Friendly pointer: when you disagree, stick to the substance, avoid calling the other person names or questioning their motivation or intelligence.
When someone baits you, for instance like Sam does, if there is something in their message you can respond to, do so and don't take the name calling bait. I have seen you do this from time to time so I know you are capable of it. It is probably not your first instinctual response, but if your goal is less heated interactions, give it a try.
It's not easy. You need to take a mental pause and listen for the substance rather than the style.
Example. You could have replied to me, "I know all about Jonestown". Period. Conveys the same thing. It tells me not to patronize you. It avoids name calling.
Thanks for the tips, HONEY.

“reign in blood”

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 20, 2013

Mimi Seattle wrote:
You're right.
Always.

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 20, 2013

Judged:

Yo baby why you trying to school dog?
We all be individuals, and so we all be posting in a way that reflects ourself. Dog know exactly what he be doing, and i doubt this post will provide him any lightbulb moments. Just as I am fully aware of how my posts make me look. Friendly pointer: Sometimes dog and I make ourselves look stupid and argumentative just to stir the pot. Sometimes name calling and mud slinging is fun. Maybe not your idea of fun, but thats on you.
PEllen wrote:
<quoted text>

Neda, stay with me!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 20, 2013

You can call me Dolt if you want.
'cmone Dolt me!

Mimi Seattle wrote:
<quoted text>
You know what? You're right. I shouldn't stoop to that level.

“...,to wit”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 20, 2013

RACE wrote:
Yo baby why you trying to school dog?
We all be individuals, and so we all be posting in a way that reflects ourself. Dog know exactly what he be doing, and i doubt this post will provide him any lightbulb moments. Just as I am fully aware of how my posts make me look. Friendly pointer: Sometimes dog and I make ourselves look stupid and argumentative just to stir the pot. Sometimes name calling and mud slinging is fun. Maybe not your idea of fun, but thats on you.
<quoted text>
I know, but with him I am never quite sure.
Ding me for trying if you want, but at least I know I attempted it.
The context was the discussion about why he had been unfriended
on FB.He sounded like he didn't understand why that had happened

Sometimes I need someone to use words of one syllable to tell me how I am coming off. I have appreciated it ( mostly) when that happens. We are all clueless about some stuff and as I said, with him I am just not sure.

Neda, stay with me!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 20, 2013

Hey, all you cooks.

I wanted to make dumplings for my chicken and dumpling stew I am making, but it seemed like a bother, so I went to get frozen dumplings, but they did not have drop dumplings only little flat skinny things.

So I bought a bag of frozen biscuits. I have thawed them out, so what are my chances of succesfully using a biscuit as a dumpling?

Neda, stay with me!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 20, 2013

Judged:

Un-friended....Another social tragedy caused by FB.

“...,to wit”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 20, 2013

RACE wrote:
Hey, all you cooks.
I wanted to make dumplings for my chicken and dumpling stew I am making, but it seemed like a bother, so I went to get frozen dumplings, but they did not have drop dumplings only little flat skinny things.
So I bought a bag of frozen biscuits. I have thawed them out, so what are my chances of succesfully using a biscuit as a dumpling?
Alas, I am not your dumpling person.... unless you want to know how to make matzo balls

“Checks and Balances”

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 20, 2013

RACE wrote:
Hey, all you cooks.

I don't know, but I don't know how it can get any easier than Bisquick and milk. Well, you can eat out, I suppose.

I have brunch plans with a friend on Monday morning. We are going to Perkins (haven't been there since I was pregnant with Ry) and I am craving their biscuits and gravy. He had better not bail on me, or I will be eating there by myself, like a loser.

“reign in blood”

Wilmington, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 20, 2013

PEllen wrote:
but with him I am never quite sure.
Come on, Sugar. You know me better than that by now.

“reign in blood”

Wilmington, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 20, 2013

ScarletandOlive wrote:
or I will be eating there by myself, like a loser.
If eating breakfast by yourself in a restaurant makes you a loser, then color me loser because I do that about every other weekend.

Beats cooking.

“...,to wit”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 20, 2013

Judged:

edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
Come on, Sugar. You know me better than that by now.
No, Dog, my comment was accurate. Sometimes I am not sure whether you are deliberate or clueless about the way you present yurself on-line .

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 5 min shinningelectr0n 1,096,121
Ferguson police shoot another black unarmed man! 42 min joey 25
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 2 hr Whiny1 4,640
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 2 hr LRS 176,797
Word (Dec '08) 2 hr andet1987 4,633
Last word + 2 (Mar '12) 2 hr andet1987 557
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 3 hr Ace 49,265

Search the Chicago Forum:
•••
•••