Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 19, 2013

Stina wrote:
<quoted text>
What kind of puppy???
I was in Iowa once. Getting a puppy would be the only way I'd go back!
A Boston Terrier.

I think it's silly to pay $500 and drive 600+ miles for a pure-bred when there are soooo many really cute mutts at the pound, but it ain't my call.

But secretly I can't wait for some puppy breath and those little sharp teeth. <squeeee!>

Toj

“Equality”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 19, 2013

Judged:

RedheadwGlasses wrote:
We got a shitload of snow yesterday and last night. Some parts of the metro got a foot.
That really sucks but I will still trade your snow for our rain.

BTW, it is snowing outside RIGHT now. Yesterday it was in the 60s and almost 70, today it is snowing. Really, snow ice pellets. They hurt.

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 19, 2013

Judged:

Congrats on choosing a faith!
j_m_w wrote:
Haha, squishy... Happy Splashing, that's cute.
Stina, my only concern is the temp of the water. I'm really looking forward to the experience on the beach vs. in the church building though.

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 19, 2013

Judged:

Our Duluth office is closed. Coworker up there has 18 inches of new snow on her driveway.
Stina

Saint Petersburg, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 19, 2013

Judged:

squishymama wrote:
<quoted text>
A Boston Terrier.
I think it's silly to pay $500 and drive 600+ miles for a pure-bred when there are soooo many really cute mutts at the pound, but it ain't my call.
But secretly I can't wait for some puppy breath and those little sharp teeth. <squeeee!>
Yeah, I love my rescue mutts!!!

It'll be fun - just remember to put your shoes away!!!
Stina

Saint Petersburg, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 19, 2013

Judged:

ScarletandOlive wrote:
<quoted text>
Hope you have a great time at Disney tomorrow! That is the type of weather we loved when we'd go to Sesame Place. Even if there was a shower, we'd just wait it out doing indoor stuff or eating a meal.
PLus, hopefully it won't be too crowded!!!
Stina

Saint Petersburg, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 19, 2013

j_m_w wrote:
Haha, squishy... Happy Splashing, that's cute.
Stina, my only concern is the temp of the water. I'm really looking forward to the experience on the beach vs. in the church building though.
I bet it's going to be really neat out there!

“The two baby belly, please!”

Since: Sep 09

Evanston IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 19, 2013

Stina wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, I love my rescue mutts!!!
It'll be fun - just remember to put your shoes away!!!
MIL has been warning the girls all week about being deligent about putting away toys/stuffed animals. I'm sure one of them will learn the hard way to keep stuff away from the puppy, however. Hopefully it will be something that is not precious.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 19, 2013

RACE wrote:
Congrats on choosing a faith!
<quoted text>
Jmw, don't you already have a faith? And you've already been baptized? SO is this similar to a renewal of wedding vows? ;)
Stina

Saint Petersburg, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 19, 2013

squishymama wrote:
<quoted text>
MIL has been warning the girls all week about being deligent about putting away toys/stuffed animals. I'm sure one of them will learn the hard way to keep stuff away from the puppy, however. Hopefully it will be something that is not precious.
My first hint with my puppy was the fact that, when I went to go see her at the rescue, she started chewing the shoe I was wearing!!!

Since: Mar 09

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 19, 2013

RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>
Jmw, don't you already have a faith? And you've already been baptized? SO is this similar to a renewal of wedding vows? ;)
I've been a Christian in terms of my beliefs since I was 16 but I've never been baptized. My church does beach baptisms about once a quarter and I always thought it would be cool do to that, so when this one was announced my friend L and I both decided to do it. I think most Protestant denominations believe in baptism as a teen or an adult, when it's the person's choice, as opposed to Catholics who baptize babies.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 19, 2013

j_m_w wrote:
<quoted text>
I've been a Christian in terms of my beliefs since I was 16 but I've never been baptized. My church does beach baptisms about once a quarter and I always thought it would be cool do to that, so when this one was announced my friend L and I both decided to do it. I think most Protestant denominations believe in baptism as a teen or an adult, when it's the person's choice, as opposed to Catholics who baptize babies.
Actually, it's mostly the Baptist and more "Fundamentalist" type protestant religions that do older baptisms. LUtherans, methodists, Episocpalians, etc., all do it as infants.

“Derecho”

Since: May 09

Braidwood, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 19, 2013

RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, it's mostly the Baptist and more "Fundamentalist" type protestant religions that do older baptisms. LUtherans, methodists, Episocpalians, etc., all do it as infants.
I don't think that's accurate.
Stina

Saint Petersburg, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 19, 2013

j_m_w wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, definitely more the "Preotestant-Related ". I grew up non-denominational and we do it as teens/adults. I can't remember for sure, but I may have been baptized Lutheran as a baby, but my parents switched when I was a toddler.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 19, 2013

Judged:

edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't think that's accurate.
It is. Go ahead and prove me wrong.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 19, 2013

The Amish are among those who don't baptise infants. Baptists and the Amish are from the Anabaptist movement that came out of Germany several hundred years ago. Catholics baptize infants, and Lutheranism, Methodism, Presbyterianism, and Episocopal(ism?) of course are borne from Catholicism, so those mainstream protestant religions also baptise infants.

“...,to wit”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 19, 2013

RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>
The Protestatnt churches we looked at baptise infants. As a teen the chikd is confirmed menaing she makes a profession of faith which is a personal choice.

“FD&S is no way to be.”

Since: Feb 13

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 19, 2013

Judged:

edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't think.
You got that right.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 19, 2013

Anabaptists:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anabaptist

"The name Anabaptist is derived from the Greek term anabaptista, or "one who baptizes over again." This name was given them by their enemies in reference to the practice of "re-baptizing" converts who "already had been baptized" (or sprinkled) as infants.[5] Anabaptists required that baptismal candidates be able to make their own confessions of faith and so rejected baptism of infants."

However, I got my info in previous posts from college religion courses, especially the class I took on the Amish (fascinating stuff).

“Derecho”

Since: May 09

Braidwood, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 19, 2013

Judged:

RedheadwGlasses wrote:
Lutheranism, Methodism, Presbyterianism, and Episocopal(ism?) of course are borne from Catholicism, so those mainstream protestant religions also baptise infants.
Some do, many don't.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 83,181 - 83,200 of97,432
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
Chicago Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••