Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 19, 2013

We got a shitload of snow yesterday and last night. Some parts of the metro got a foot.

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 19, 2013

Judged:

Here Tonka,
I have done absolutely nothing all day because of you.

2hrs. I know you wont watch it all, but bookmark it and take in small doses

“What's it to ya?”

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 19, 2013

j_m_w wrote:
Happy Friday! Weekend plans?
Might go see "42" tonight. It's in the plans, but I don't know if I feel like it tonight. Gonna play it by ear. Sat/Sun laundry, homework, maybe cleaning the house (we'll see how that goes), hopefully catching up on some sleep.

“Checks and Balances”

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 19, 2013

Judged:

PEllen wrote:
<quoted text>I have decided you sound like a meeting between the Girls of Gone With the Wind and Popeye.

More Spinach to ya' and don't mess with the dining room drapes.
I am not sure if I should take that as a compliment or not, but you made me laugh.

Also, do you know how long it took me to get the Jovi reference yesterday? My SIL and cousin would be so ashamed.

“Checks and Balances”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 19, 2013

j_m_w wrote:

Tonight I'm having dinner with my friend C. She's pregnant and I haven't seen her in a couple of months so it'll be fun to see her progress, and to catch up of course.

Not sure about Saturday.

Sunday night, my church is doing a beach baptism and about 25 people are getting baptized in the ocean (including me and my friend L).
Sounds like fun!

Tonight: Going to watch my husband play in his first softball game of the season. Thankfully this year he playing in a league in town.

Tomorrow: Soccer practice for Ry, then tball game for E, as long as the rain holds off. Church in the evening since Ry's games are on Sunday mornings.

Sunday: Soccer, then head down to my MIL's for the afternoon. Hopefully she is in a better mood than last weekend or at least willing to do something other than sit in the house and complain about how everyone else in the family is wrong (doesn't matter what the subject is or what their decisions are - they are all wrong).

I had a headache all day on Tuesday, which was our wedding anniversary. I'd like to go out to dinner with my husband some time soon.

“The two baby belly, please!”

Since: Sep 09

Evanston IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 19, 2013

j_m_w wrote:
Tonight I'm having dinner with my friend C. She's pregnant and I haven't seen her in a couple of months so it'll be fun to see her progress, and to catch up of course.
Not sure about Saturday.
Sunday night, my church is doing a beach baptism and about 25 people are getting baptized in the ocean (including me and my friend L).
That sounds like a really cool way to get baptized.(Now I'm sitting here trying to think of what you wish someone getting baptized...Happy Splashing?)

Tonight: I'm hoping to get the kids to bed early and then get some nookie for myself before I go to sleep early as well because...

Sat: MIL is picking me and the girls up at 6AM to drive to Iowa to go pick up the puppy. Looking foward to seeing the girls with the pup; not looking foward to 12+ hours in the car.

Sun: I suspect we'll be playing with a puppy.
Stina

Saint Petersburg, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 19, 2013

PEllen wrote:
<quoted text>My new stove has preset icons for cooking pizza nd chcken nuggets. I was told that mom focus groups were the reason. They had them when my girls were young but we nevr served nuggets at home
I make hot dogs once in a blue moon only because *I* LOVE my Nathan's and Sabretts!

I never make chicken nuggets or frozen pizza. When my kid was little, though, I'd make those mini quiches or frozen mussels as a quick food. I think I bought chicken nuggets ONCE when her friend was spending the night, but that's it.

If she's too hungry to wait for normal dinner, she can have a few carrots or cherry tomatoes or something.
Stina

Saint Petersburg, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 19, 2013

Judged:

j_m_w wrote:
Not sure about Saturday.
CONGRATULATIONS ON YOUR BAPTISM!!! I hope the water isn't too cold!!! Our church did one inteh gulf on Easter and they said it was FREEZING! The other person decided to wait to do it in the warmer water at the church!:D That's great news, though!!!

We are going to Disney tomorrow. Rain chances dropped from 50% to 40% and it's only going to be 72 degrees! Perfect! It probably wont' be too crowded because of the rain chances, too. It will be fun!
Stina

Saint Petersburg, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 19, 2013

squishymama wrote:
<quoted text>
That sounds like a really cool way to get baptized.(Now I'm sitting here trying to think of what you wish someone getting baptized...Happy Splashing?)
Tonight: I'm hoping to get the kids to bed early and then get some nookie for myself before I go to sleep early as well because...
Sat: MIL is picking me and the girls up at 6AM to drive to Iowa to go pick up the puppy. Looking foward to seeing the girls with the pup; not looking foward to 12+ hours in the car.
Sun: I suspect we'll be playing with a puppy.
What kind of puppy???

I was in Iowa once. Getting a puppy would be the only way I'd go back!

Since: Mar 09

Miami, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 19, 2013

Judged:

Haha, squishy... Happy Splashing, that's cute.

Stina, my only concern is the temp of the water. I'm really looking forward to the experience on the beach vs. in the church building though.

“Checks and Balances”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 19, 2013

Stina wrote:
<quoted text>CONGRATULATIONS ON YOUR BAPTISM!!! I hope the water isn't too cold!!! Our church did one inteh gulf on Easter and they said it was FREEZING! The other person decided to wait to do it in the warmer water at the church!:D That's great news, though!!!

We are going to Disney tomorrow. Rain chances dropped from 50% to 40% and it's only going to be 72 degrees! Perfect! It probably wont' be too crowded because of the rain chances, too. It will be fun!
Hope you have a great time at Disney tomorrow! That is the type of weather we loved when we'd go to Sesame Place. Even if there was a shower, we'd just wait it out doing indoor stuff or eating a meal.

Evanston IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 19, 2013

Stina wrote:
<quoted text>
What kind of puppy???
I was in Iowa once. Getting a puppy would be the only way I'd go back!
A Boston Terrier.

I think it's silly to pay $500 and drive 600+ miles for a pure-bred when there are soooo many really cute mutts at the pound, but it ain't my call.

But secretly I can't wait for some puppy breath and those little sharp teeth. <squeeee!>

Toj

“Equality”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 19, 2013

Judged:

RedheadwGlasses wrote:
We got a shitload of snow yesterday and last night. Some parts of the metro got a foot.
That really sucks but I will still trade your snow for our rain.

BTW, it is snowing outside RIGHT now. Yesterday it was in the 60s and almost 70, today it is snowing. Really, snow ice pellets. They hurt.

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 19, 2013

Judged:

Congrats on choosing a faith!
j_m_w wrote:
Stina, my only concern is the temp of the water. I'm really looking forward to the experience on the beach vs. in the church building though.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 19, 2013

Judged:

Our Duluth office is closed. Coworker up there has 18 inches of new snow on her driveway.
Stina

Saint Petersburg, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 19, 2013

Judged:

squishymama wrote:
<quoted text>
A Boston Terrier.
I think it's silly to pay $500 and drive 600+ miles for a pure-bred when there are soooo many really cute mutts at the pound, but it ain't my call.
But secretly I can't wait for some puppy breath and those little sharp teeth. <squeeee!>
Yeah, I love my rescue mutts!!!

It'll be fun - just remember to put your shoes away!!!
Stina

Saint Petersburg, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 19, 2013

Judged:

ScarletandOlive wrote:
<quoted text>
Hope you have a great time at Disney tomorrow! That is the type of weather we loved when we'd go to Sesame Place. Even if there was a shower, we'd just wait it out doing indoor stuff or eating a meal.
PLus, hopefully it won't be too crowded!!!
Stina

Saint Petersburg, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 19, 2013

j_m_w wrote:
I bet it's going to be really neat out there!

Evanston IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 19, 2013

Stina wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, I love my rescue mutts!!!
It'll be fun - just remember to put your shoes away!!!
MIL has been warning the girls all week about being deligent about putting away toys/stuffed animals. I'm sure one of them will learn the hard way to keep stuff away from the puppy, however. Hopefully it will be something that is not precious.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 19, 2013

RACE wrote:
Congrats on choosing a faith!
<quoted text>
Jmw, don't you already have a faith? And you've already been baptized? SO is this similar to a renewal of wedding vows? ;)

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 11 min Realtime 1,096,776
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 11 min texas pete 4,644
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 13 min LRS 176,920
IL Who do you support for Governor in Illinois in ... (Oct '10) 14 min whatitis 3,914
ISIS Plans to Blow Up an Entire American City a... 49 min Cordwainer Trout 5
Amy 8-23-14 53 min Mister Tonka 9
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 57 min voice of peace 68,313

Search the Chicago Forum:
•••

Flood Warning for Cook County was issued at August 23 at 1:28PM CDT

•••
Chicago Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••