Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#84298 Apr 18, 2013
I'm not high enough for that Rush clip. ;)

“...,to wit”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#84299 Apr 18, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>
but you DON'T have to feed your kids that stuff. I have friends whose kids have never had a hot dog in the home, they've never served chicken nuggets, etc. It's just that it's EASY stuff to prepare for kids when you're tired and overwhelmed or you just got home and the kids are hungry NOW. kids' tastebuds are far more sensitive than adults', so things that may taste fine to us can be overwhelming to a young child.
And yet, my friend's 2.5yo can eat spicier foods than *I* can eat.
My new stove has preset icons for cooking pizza nd chcken nuggets. I was told that mom focus groups were the reason. They had them when my girls were young but we nevr served nuggets at home

“I Am Mine”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#84300 Apr 18, 2013
wait for it...
wait for it...
wait for it...

&fe ature=youtu.be

“It made sense at the time....”

Since: May 09

Des Plaines, IL

#84301 Apr 18, 2013
Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text>I'm gonna check it out now. I love crowd singing. Good crowd singing. At concerts. Like when the crowd knows every word and the singer shuts up for a whole verse and the crowd takes over. That's powerful.
try tom petty's live version of "breakdown" then... he even comments about being put out of a job.... the crowd even does the "rounds" in the chorus..

fun stuff.

“It made sense at the time....”

Since: May 09

Des Plaines, IL

#84302 Apr 18, 2013
Pelly, do you remember how the lakes in the office park have the bridges and there are different "levels" to the lakes? well, not any more.... the bridge closer by my building has just bareley a couple feet clearance under it, when it usually has several, and an obvious different level to the lower lake.

and the main road on the outside of hte east side of hte office park was closed off all day. i think salt creek way over flowed its banks.

“I Am Mine”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#84303 Apr 18, 2013

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#84304 Apr 18, 2013
Mister Tonka wrote:
The comments are depressing.

“...,to wit”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#84305 Apr 18, 2013
Aisle Sitter wrote:
Pelly, do you remember how the lakes in the office park have the bridges and there are different "levels" to the lakes? well, not any more.... the bridge closer by my building has just bareley a couple feet clearance under it, when it usually has several, and an obvious different level to the lower lake.
and the main road on the outside of hte east side of hte office park was closed off all day. i think salt creek way over flowed its banks.
The lakes would be a natural low point kid of like the marshy area over near the driving range. I drove in today but had to take Sheridan because the Edens was completely flooded in a couple places. My parents basement flooded. My sister and BIL did bail out duty. Saw you were stuck with 3 wet basements. Bummer

“What's it to ya?”

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#84306 Apr 18, 2013
Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text>That did absolutely nothing for me. This is what you offer when trying to convert the unwashed masses?
Seriously? RUSH is the BEST BAND EVER(!!!!!!)

<sigh> So sad dude...so sad.

“I Am Mine”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#84307 Apr 18, 2013
Mimi Seattle wrote:
<quoted text>
Seriously? RUSH is the BEST BAND EVER(!!!!!!)
<sigh> So sad dude...so sad.
I can only listen to Tom Sawyer so many times. then Race tosses me this song about trees.

TREES?!? WTF? How do you go from the Modern Day Warrior...to trees? F'n hippies. Probably eatin trail mix on stage instead of boozing and doin lines behind the drum set.

“Fort Kickass”

Since: Sep 09

Bloomington, IL

#84308 Apr 18, 2013
Mister Tonka wrote:
Ewwww! That's awful. Such a fascinatingly horrible disease.

“Checks and Balances”

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

#84309 Apr 19, 2013
My biggest complaint about our Internet-fed instant news society is the lack of copy editing. I woke up this morning to 3 alerts from CNN about the violence in Boston overnight, but when I tried to read the article on their site, I could barely follow it.

http://us.cnn.com/2013/04/19/us/boston-area-v...
Dahgts

Torino, Italy

#84310 Apr 19, 2013
Ciao from Torino
Hot here and hotels think too early
For a/c
Hope you chi people dry out soon

Pell...was only asked if I lived near Obama when
In Spain

Ciao

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#84311 Apr 19, 2013
They killed one of the Boston bombers....is brother is on the run....they apparently tried to rob a 7-11......

“Checks and Balances”

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

#84312 Apr 19, 2013

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#84313 Apr 19, 2013
Happy Friday! I have a huge deadline at 10 so I'm gonna post in the columsn then avoid this place until lunch.

“What's it to ya?”

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#84314 Apr 19, 2013
Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text>I can only listen to Tom Sawyer so many times. then Race tosses me this song about trees.
TREES?!? WTF? How do you go from the Modern Day Warrior...to trees? F'n hippies. Probably eatin trail mix on stage instead of boozing and doin lines behind the drum set.
Again, <sigh> sad dude, sad.

“...,to wit”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#84315 Apr 19, 2013
Dahgts wrote:
Ciao from Torino
Hot here and hotels think too early
For a/c
Hope you chi people dry out soon
Pell...was only asked if I lived near Obama when
In Spain
Ciao
Cool.

“Checks and Balances”

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

#84316 Apr 19, 2013
Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text>I can only listen to Tom Sawyer so many times. then Race tosses me this song about trees.
TREES?!? WTF? How do you go from the Modern Day Warrior...to trees? F'n hippies. Probably eatin trail mix on stage instead of boozing and doin lines behind the drum set.
I want to get paid lots of money to get f'ed up and spout crap on stage.

BTW, I listened to both this and Pearl Jam's In My Tree. I can't say that I (dis)like one better than the other.

“...,to wit”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#84317 Apr 19, 2013
ScarletandOlive wrote:
<quoted text>
I want to get paid lots of money to get f'ed up and spout crap on stage.
BTW, I listened to both this and Pearl Jam's In My Tree. I can't say that I (dis)like one better than the other.
I have decided you sound like a meeting between the Girls of Gone With the Wind and Popeye.

More Spinach to ya' and don't mess with the dining room drapes.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 4 min shinningelectr0n 1,208,304
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 56 min ritedownthemiddle 52,446
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 2 hr Jacques in Orleans 186,025
Last word + 2 (Mar '12) 4 hr Red_Forman 828
Word (Dec '08) 4 hr Red_Forman 5,163
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 4 hr Red_Forman 5,833
News Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 5 hr Real Talk 51,898
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]