|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 18, 2013

RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>
I have a chicago friend who's home today to get rid of a foot of water in her basement.
We checked ours before we left for work and it was minimal water coming up the drain. <yuck!> Let's hope it stayed that way.

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 18, 2013

Judged:

RACE wrote:
Thank you, now I know what to do with the left over beer can chicken I made!
BTW, I did not have a can of beer, so I used an orange soda and damn if you could not taste it in the chicken!
<quoted text>
"I did not have a can of beer"

You're dead to me.

“It made sense at the time....”

Since: May 09

Schaumburg, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 18, 2013

RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>
I have a chicago friend who's home today to get rid of a foot of water in her basement.
that's what i'm fearing... one house gets sewer back up, another surface water - water through the windows in the basement, and the 3rd gets tons of seepage, but it has a sump pump, so it's low on the list to do something.

unfortunately, that one is mine...

my parents are on vacation and they are ususally "in charge of" my gramma's house. SO, i get to take care of both of their basements...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 18, 2013

ACK! Whose, not who's.

It's been snowing all day here.

“Checks and Balances”

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 18, 2013

Aisle Sitter wrote:
<quoted text>that's what i'm fearing... one house gets sewer back up, another surface water - water through the windows in the basement, and the 3rd gets tons of seepage, but it has a sump pump, so it's low on the list to do something.

unfortunately, that one is mine...

my parents are on vacation and they are ususally "in charge of" my gramma's house. SO, i get to take care of both of their basements...
Oh, that doesn't sound like fun :(
Stina

Saint Petersburg, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 18, 2013

Matilda77 wrote:
<quoted text>
I checked. They'll be running the whole thing on Saturday several times.
Cool - thanks!

“Checks and Balances”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 18, 2013

RACE wrote:
<quoted text>Thank you, now I know what to do with the left over beer can chicken I made!

BTW, I did not have a can of beer, so I used an orange soda and damn if you could not taste it in the chicken!
Oh, what a great idea!

My uncle left some cans of beer at my Grandmother's apartment and I was just getting ready to throw them away. I'll make chicken instead :)
Stina

Saint Petersburg, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 18, 2013

RedheadwGlasses wrote:
ACK! Whose, not who's.
It's been snowing all day here.
We had a record high of 92 here Tuesday.

“FD&S is no way to be.”

Since: Feb 13

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 18, 2013

ScarletandOlive wrote:
<quoted text>
My boys will only eat Bisquick pancakes. I actually like the way they turn out - very fluffy.
I also use Bisquick to make Chicken and Dumplings (real chicken and dumplings, not spaetzles that my MIL calls dumplings). I may have to make that tomorrow.
Try cottage cheese pancakes. Small curd cottage cheese, eggs, flour and veg oil. A little butter and powdered sugar or raspberry preserves on top. YUM!

“Checks and Balances”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 18, 2013

Sam I Am GEAM wrote:
<quoted text>Try cottage cheese pancakes. Small curd cottage cheese, eggs, flour and veg oil. A little butter and powdered sugar or raspberry preserves on top. YUM!
I would love them! E would probably eat them. Ry wouldn't touch them with a ten foot pole :(

We're working on getting him to try new foods and getting him to eat foods that aren't his favorite brand, but it's a slow process. He will only eat Oscar Meyer hot dogs and he can tell the difference just by looking at them. Only Kraft Mac and cheese. Eggo waffles (the big ones, not the minis). Bisquick pancakes have to be from the mix, not the shake and pour (we have made stuff in a separate room and brought it out to him and he can still tell which is which).

On the bright side he hasn't actually regurgitated his food on me in almost a month now ;)

“Fort Kickass”

Since: Sep 09

Bloomington, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 18, 2013

RedheadwGlasses wrote:
Speaking of your sister, Matilda.... what's going on with hER?
Well, she actually landed a job in her field. It's part time to start out with, but has health insurance and other benefits (whew).

She called me to find ask if I thought she should keep her mall job, too. I'm like, "Well...two part time jobs is better than one part time job. You're in a mountain of debt and you live at home." She's like "Oh, yeah...I didn't think of it that way." She's all excited because she wants to get a gym membership with her new money. How about...paying Dad some rent...or getting your own place? Or, hell...just paying your own car insurance already?

WTF? Two Master's degrees, ladies and gentlemen. And she's 30. She still wants to be a missionary in Japan. Hasn't had a date in 5+ years. Refuses to try to learn Japanese state-side because "I just won't retain it unless I'm over there."

Gah. Just get a job, move out, and pay your debts like everyone else. Vacation in Japan if you must. Theydon'tfeckingneedmissionari es.

“The two baby belly, please!”

Evanston IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 18, 2013

ScarletandOlive wrote:
<quoted text>
I would love them! E would probably eat them. Ry wouldn't touch them with a ten foot pole :(
We're working on getting him to try new foods and getting him to eat foods that aren't his favorite brand, but it's a slow process. He will only eat Oscar Meyer hot dogs and he can tell the difference just by looking at them. Only Kraft Mac and cheese. Eggo waffles (the big ones, not the minis). Bisquick pancakes have to be from the mix, not the shake and pour (we have made stuff in a separate room and brought it out to him and he can still tell which is which).
On the bright side he hasn't actually regurgitated his food on me in almost a month now ;)
I hear ya, Jess. My kids can tell the difference between chicken strips/nuggets. It didn't used to matter, now Nunu will only eat Tyson. Grrr.

And yay for no regurgitation!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 18, 2013

Growing up, we wanted only GOlden griddle brand pancake syrup. Turns out, mom bought the generic stuff and just poured it into the brand name bottle.

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 18, 2013

Ha!
I had bottles but their for personal consumption, not cooking. I bought the cans for the chickens exclusively.
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>
"I did not have a can of beer"
You're dead to me.

“Checks and Balances”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 18, 2013

RACE wrote:
<quoted text>Ha!
I had bottles but their for personal consumption, not cooking. I bought the cans for the chickens exclusively.
Does it make a difference to the flavor of the food which kind you use?

“The two baby belly, please!”

Evanston IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 18, 2013

“FD&S is no way to be.”

Since: Feb 13

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 18, 2013

squishymama wrote:
<quoted text>
I hear ya, Jess. My kids can tell the difference between chicken strips/nuggets. It didn't used to matter, now Nunu will only eat Tyson. Grrr.
And yay for no regurgitation!
It's nice living in a country where kids can be that picky.

My parents had no problem telling me I'd eat what they served and like it. Lucky for me, I liked most things, but when I didn't it didn't matter. And I kinda think that's how it should be. I know, I know, easier said than done and all that, but still....

Since: Mar 09

West Palm Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 18, 2013

Challenger - I was in third grade. Matilda, I remember wondering about the bodies too.

Jess: I was a super picky eater as a kid and now I'll try anything, so there's hope.:)

Pancakes - I miss my grandmother making the really thin ones (they were actually crepes, I guess). I ate them with raspberry jam and my mom ate them with cottage cheese with raisins mixed in. My grandmother didn't eat them at all, she didn't really care for them but loved it when we asked her to make them.

“Checks and Balances”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 18, 2013

Sam I Am GEAM wrote:
<quoted text>It's nice living in a country where kids can be that picky.

My parents had no problem telling me I'd eat what they served and like it. Lucky for me, I liked most things, but when I didn't it didn't matter. And I kinda think that's how it should be. I know, I know, easier said than done and all that, but still....
Like you said, lucky for you that you liked most things.

Our pediatrician told us when Ry was 2 that if he was hungry enough he would eat. He went 4 days without eating. Later, when we tried to get him to try things he didn't like, he would literally vomit on us or the table.

I don't believe in making 4 different meals for the family or making something different if my child decides in the middle of dinner that he would rather eat something else, but I think that each child's needs should be addressed individually.

“Fort Kickass”

Bloomington, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 18, 2013

Sam I Am GEAM wrote:
<quoted text>
It's nice living in a country where kids can be that picky.
Mine did too, and both my sister and I spent a significant amount of time at an empty dinner table slowly finishing up cold veggies or whatever.

But, I can understand parents not wanting to make the dinner table a battle ground for every meal, and I know my parents worked around a few of our "won't eats".

Heh...I was out in my yard last summer, and my neighbors had their little grandkids over. I hear my neighbor go "Hey,(grandkid), do you want another hot dog?" And it occurred to me that if we were to have children, I'd have to keep crap like that in my home. Not just hot dogs, but all kinds of kid-friendly food. Sort of blew my mind in that instant. We don't eat a lot of that kind of stuff.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 83,101 - 83,120 of97,514
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

74 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 min lily boca raton fl 1,078,451
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 3 min voice of peace 67,875
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 4 min Frank 174,464
Abby 7-23 13 min Pippa 7
Our Cities Will Burn Because We Didnít Protect ... 15 min Michael Snyder 1
IL Who do you support for Governor in Illinois in ... (Oct '10) 25 min Notthatitmatters 3,826
Debate: Marijuana - Chicago, IL (Aug '10) 28 min Brian Shepard 296
•••

Beach Hazards Statement for Cook County was issued at July 23 at 10:02AM CDT

•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Chicago People Search