|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 18, 2013

Matilda77 wrote:
<quoted text>
J and I were watching this 6 part (I think) series on Nat Geo about the 80s and they covered the whole Challenger explosion. That would have been about the same kind of thing at the same age for us. Not that that was done on purpose, of course. But in things in the media that boggle the mind of the super young. I remember being very concerned with what happened to their bodies.
I meant to catch that 80s show on NG. Is it still on?

“Checks and Balances”

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 18, 2013

PEllen wrote:
<quoted text>You tryin' to give NJ a good name? ;-)
It's a combo of RU (Scarlet Knights) and my eye color - plus they happen to be my sorority colors :)

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 18, 2013

Matilda77 wrote:
<quoted text>
J and I were watching this 6 part (I think) series on Nat Geo about the 80s and they covered the whole Challenger explosion. That would have been about the same kind of thing at the same age for us. Not that that was done on purpose, of course. But in things in the media that boggle the mind of the super young. I remember being very concerned with what happened to their bodies.
I saw it live on TV in the school library (Jim V and I had skipped some class or another to watch it in a tiny office). At first, we didn't realize what had happened. When we did, I immediately went and got the social studies teacher and she came to where we were. We weren't that upset, but she was a wreck.

“Checks and Balances”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 18, 2013

RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>I saw it live on TV in the school library (Jim V and I had skipped some class or another to watch it in a tiny office). At first, we didn't realize what had happened. When we did, I immediately went and got the social studies teacher and she came to where we were. We weren't that upset, but she was a wreck.
I was in 4th grade and they gathered our classes into the library so we could all watch it. One of our teachers had submitted an essay an was very disappointed that she wasn't chosen to go. I remember her gasp so vividly.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 18, 2013

ScarletandOlive wrote:
<quoted text>
I was in 4th grade and they gathered our classes into the library so we could all watch it. One of our teachers had submitted an essay an was very disappointed that she wasn't chosen to go. I remember her gasp so vividly.
I was a senior. January 28, 1986.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 18, 2013

LUnch today is a honeycrisp apple (if you can find them where you are, try one, they are the best -- sweet, but very crisp) and an amazing Dutch aged gouda. Yum.

“Checks and Balances”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 18, 2013

RedheadwGlasses wrote:
LUnch today is a honeycrisp apple (if you can find them where you are, try one, they are the best -- sweet, but very crisp) and an amazing Dutch aged gouda. Yum.
So jealous! Are you stopping by to share with me? E requested pancakes today. They are not quite hitting the spot right now.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 18, 2013

I love pancakes...even the pancakes and sausage at McDonalds....it's one of their only items that i think have any taste to it...When i was a kid, the Quarterounder was good, but now it tastes like cardboard.....lol....BK has mo taste.....

“Fort Kickass”

Since: Sep 09

Bloomington, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 18, 2013

RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>
I was a senior. January 28, 1986.
My sister's 3rd birthday. I think I was in 2nd grade.

“Fort Kickass”

Bloomington, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 18, 2013

Stina wrote:
<quoted text>
Not sure. I'm sure they'll re-play it at some point; it was really well done.

“Fort Kickass”

Bloomington, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 18, 2013

Stina wrote:
<quoted text>
I checked. They'll be running the whole thing on Saturday several times.

“Fort Kickass”

Bloomington, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 18, 2013

My sister gave me a bunch of my old school papers that she found at my dad's. I kept the Weekly Readers (memba those?) from before and after the explosion.

“Checks and Balances”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 18, 2013

Go Blue Forever wrote:
I love pancakes...even the pancakes and sausage at McDonalds....it's one of their only items that i think have any taste to it...When i was a kid, the Quarterounder was good, but now it tastes like cardboard.....lol....BK has mo taste.....
My boys will only eat Bisquick pancakes. I actually like the way they turn out - very fluffy.

I also use Bisquick to make Chicken and Dumplings (real chicken and dumplings, not spaetzles that my MIL calls dumplings). I may have to make that tomorrow.

“Checks and Balances”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 18, 2013

Matilda77 wrote:
My sister gave me a bunch of my old school papers that she found at my dad's. I kept the Weekly Readers (memba those?) from before and after the explosion.
I bet those are collectibles now.

“It made sense at the time....”

Since: May 09

Schaumburg, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 18, 2013

so, anyone want to help me bail out and clean up three basements? it'd be fun! Really!! And some good beer afterwards...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 18, 2013

Speaking of your sister, Matilda.... what's going on with hER?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 18, 2013

Aisle Sitter wrote:
so, anyone want to help me bail out and clean up three basements? it'd be fun! Really!! And some good beer afterwards...
I have a chicago friend who's home today to get rid of a foot of water in her basement.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 18, 2013

ScarletandOlive wrote:
<quoted text>
My boys will only eat Bisquick pancakes. I actually like the way they turn out - very fluffy.
I also use Bisquick to make Chicken and Dumplings (real chicken and dumplings, not spaetzles that my MIL calls dumplings). I may have to make that tomorrow.
Heh chicken and dumplings is my favorite dish. One year, my mom did what I wanted for my birthday: Made chicken and dumplings with EXTRA dumplings... and I had a plate FULL of nothing but dumplings and chicken gravy on top. I Don't need the chicken. ;)

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 18, 2013

Thank you, now I know what to do with the left over beer can chicken I made!

BTW, I did not have a can of beer, so I used an orange soda and damn if you could not taste it in the chicken!
ScarletandOlive wrote:
<quoted text>

“The two baby belly, please!”

Evanston IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 18, 2013

Aisle Sitter wrote:
Oh AS! That is going to be a hugh pile of no fun at all.

And I recommend drinking the beer during, not after!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

27 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 26 min shinningelectr0n 1,080,446
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 31 min wojar 174,671
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 1 hr Uzi 67,977
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr Brian_G 45,799
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 4 hr Natual should be respect 48,918
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 5 hr Jews against gambling 68,380
Last word + 2 (Mar '12) 5 hr andet1987 465
•••
•••
•••
Chicago Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••