“Fort Kickass”

Since: Sep 09

Bloomington, IL

#84238 Apr 18, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>
I was a senior. January 28, 1986.
My sister's 3rd birthday. I think I was in 2nd grade.

“Fort Kickass”

Bloomington, IL

#84239 Apr 18, 2013
Stina wrote:
<quoted text>
I meant to catch that 80s show on NG. Is it still on?
Not sure. I'm sure they'll re-play it at some point; it was really well done.

“Fort Kickass”

Bloomington, IL

#84240 Apr 18, 2013
Stina wrote:
<quoted text>
I meant to catch that 80s show on NG. Is it still on?
I checked. They'll be running the whole thing on Saturday several times.

“Fort Kickass”

Bloomington, IL

#84241 Apr 18, 2013
My sister gave me a bunch of my old school papers that she found at my dad's. I kept the Weekly Readers (memba those?) from before and after the explosion.

“Checks and Balances”

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

#84242 Apr 18, 2013
Go Blue Forever wrote:
I love pancakes...even the pancakes and sausage at McDonalds....it's one of their only items that i think have any taste to it...When i was a kid, the Quarterounder was good, but now it tastes like cardboard.....lol....BK has mo taste.....
My boys will only eat Bisquick pancakes. I actually like the way they turn out - very fluffy.

I also use Bisquick to make Chicken and Dumplings (real chicken and dumplings, not spaetzles that my MIL calls dumplings). I may have to make that tomorrow.

“Checks and Balances”

Location hidden

#84243 Apr 18, 2013
Matilda77 wrote:
My sister gave me a bunch of my old school papers that she found at my dad's. I kept the Weekly Readers (memba those?) from before and after the explosion.
I bet those are collectibles now.

“It made sense at the time....”

Since: May 09

Schaumburg, IL

#84244 Apr 18, 2013
so, anyone want to help me bail out and clean up three basements? it'd be fun! Really!! And some good beer afterwards...

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#84245 Apr 18, 2013
Speaking of your sister, Matilda.... what's going on with hER?

Location hidden

#84246 Apr 18, 2013
Aisle Sitter wrote:
so, anyone want to help me bail out and clean up three basements? it'd be fun! Really!! And some good beer afterwards...
I have a chicago friend who's home today to get rid of a foot of water in her basement.

Location hidden

#84247 Apr 18, 2013
ScarletandOlive wrote:
<quoted text>
My boys will only eat Bisquick pancakes. I actually like the way they turn out - very fluffy.
I also use Bisquick to make Chicken and Dumplings (real chicken and dumplings, not spaetzles that my MIL calls dumplings). I may have to make that tomorrow.
Heh chicken and dumplings is my favorite dish. One year, my mom did what I wanted for my birthday: Made chicken and dumplings with EXTRA dumplings... and I had a plate FULL of nothing but dumplings and chicken gravy on top. I Don't need the chicken. ;)

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me!

#84248 Apr 18, 2013
Thank you, now I know what to do with the left over beer can chicken I made!

BTW, I did not have a can of beer, so I used an orange soda and damn if you could not taste it in the chicken!
ScarletandOlive wrote:
<quoted text>

“The two baby belly, please!”

Evanston IL

#84249 Apr 18, 2013
Aisle Sitter wrote:
Oh AS! That is going to be a hugh pile of no fun at all.

And I recommend drinking the beer during, not after!

“The two baby belly, please!”

Evanston IL

#84250 Apr 18, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>
I have a chicago friend who's home today to get rid of a foot of water in her basement.
We checked ours before we left for work and it was minimal water coming up the drain. <yuck!> Let's hope it stayed that way.

Location hidden

#84251 Apr 18, 2013
RACE wrote:
Thank you, now I know what to do with the left over beer can chicken I made!
BTW, I did not have a can of beer, so I used an orange soda and damn if you could not taste it in the chicken!
<quoted text>
"I did not have a can of beer"

You're dead to me.

“It made sense at the time....”

Since: May 09

Schaumburg, IL

#84253 Apr 18, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>
that's what i'm fearing... one house gets sewer back up, another surface water - water through the windows in the basement, and the 3rd gets tons of seepage, but it has a sump pump, so it's low on the list to do something.

unfortunately, that one is mine...

my parents are on vacation and they are ususally "in charge of" my gramma's house. SO, i get to take care of both of their basements...

Location hidden

#84254 Apr 18, 2013
ACK! Whose, not who's.

It's been snowing all day here.

“Checks and Balances”

Location hidden

#84255 Apr 18, 2013
Aisle Sitter wrote:
<quoted text>that's what i'm fearing... one house gets sewer back up, another surface water - water through the windows in the basement, and the 3rd gets tons of seepage, but it has a sump pump, so it's low on the list to do something.

unfortunately, that one is mine...

my parents are on vacation and they are ususally "in charge of" my gramma's house. SO, i get to take care of both of their basements...
Oh, that doesn't sound like fun :(
Stina

Saint Petersburg, FL

#84256 Apr 18, 2013
Matilda77 wrote:
<quoted text>
I checked. They'll be running the whole thing on Saturday several times.
Cool - thanks!

“Checks and Balances”

Location hidden

#84257 Apr 18, 2013
RACE wrote:
<quoted text>Thank you, now I know what to do with the left over beer can chicken I made!

Oh, what a great idea!

My uncle left some cans of beer at my Grandmother's apartment and I was just getting ready to throw them away. I'll make chicken instead :)
Stina

Saint Petersburg, FL

#84258 Apr 18, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
ACK! Whose, not who's.
It's been snowing all day here.
We had a record high of 92 here Tuesday.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 4 min USAsince1680 1,110,584
Amy 9-18 11 min possible famous b... 32
Triple Word Game (Dec '11) 21 min -CatCiao- 952
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 23 min Patriot AKA Bozo 46,683
Amy 9-19 24 min ralph 6
Abby 9-19 37 min ralph 4
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 48 min loose cannon 178,064
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago
•••