|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 18, 2013

RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>
You're welcome. I'm glad I could find something! And I respect a person who sees a post like mine and says, "Wait a minute, I can't just go on the words of a stranger on the 'net, can you back that up with something?"
In other, better news, I woke up this morning to a purring Mia curled up next to me!!! I reset the alarm to give us 30 minutes of snuggling time. I was very happy.
You have a lot of love and patience for your cat, Mia....have you ever figured up, what her total vet bills have been?...We had a black lab, Soot....she blew out both knee's growing up...it was a fortune....

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 18, 2013

RedheadwGlasses wrote:
Fascinating and troubling...The lady that run's the foundation even admitted in the end, they might have handled things differently.....geesh.....

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 18, 2013

Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text>You have a lot of love and patience for your cat, Mia....have you ever figured up, what her total vet bills have been?...We had a black lab, Soot....she blew out both knee's growing up...it was a fortune....
I'm thinking $3,000 in vet bills? Maybe $2,500? Just in the last 18 months (two emergency surgeries). Bailey cost me $2K in three weeks before she died. Abbie cost me about $2K in the month before she died.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 18, 2013

I don't even like Mia that much. She's certainly not in my top five cats ever (Rose is). I LOVE her, but she's really not that great of a pet (don't hold her, don't pick her up, don't carry her around, blah blah blah -- I do it anyway but she doesn't like it).

She's a low-energy cat, but when she is in the mood to tear around, she's a HOOT. And she is the boss of Rose, which is funny to see.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 18, 2013

And thanks, Blue. I'll be nice to you, even though you seem to be a Michigan fan. ;)

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 18, 2013

Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text>You have a lot of love and patience for your cat, Mia....have you ever figured up, what her total vet bills have been?...We had a black lab, Soot....she blew out both knee's growing up...it was a fortune....
My vet tech said she couldn't go on vacation this year because her dog needed both knees replaced this year.

“Checks and Balances”

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 18, 2013

Hi All! Before campaign season gets too crazy, I thought it was about time that I set up an account that didn't have my real name in it.

Did y'all see/hear the fans at the Bruins game singing the National Anthem last night? I got a little teary eyed, but I'll admit that I was impressed that so many hockey fans knew all the words to the National Anthem. Maybe I should just change that to so many people in general.

“Fort Kickass”

Since: Sep 09

Bloomington, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 18, 2013

ScarletandOlive wrote:
Hi All! Before campaign season gets too crazy, I thought it was about time that I set up an account that didn't have my real name in it.
Did y'all see/hear the fans at the Bruins game singing the National Anthem last night? I got a little teary eyed, but I'll admit that I was impressed that so many hockey fans knew all the words to the National Anthem. Maybe I should just change that to so many people in general.
Hey! We know the words because they play it at every game! ;-) And yes...definitely had a lump in my throat.

“Checks and Balances”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 18, 2013

RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm thinking $3,000 in vet bills? Maybe $2,500? Just in the last 18 months (two emergency surgeries). Bailey cost me $2K in three weeks before she died. Abbie cost me about $2K in the month before she died.
I haven't really looked into it, but is this the type of stuff that pet insurance would cover, if you had it?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 18, 2013

Judged:

ScarletandOlive wrote:
I just watched it. Just go to youtube and search for:

boston bruins national anthem

It's pretty darned cool.

“Checks and Balances”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 18, 2013

Matilda77 wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey! We know the words because they play it at every game! ;-) And yes...definitely had a lump in my throat.
They play it at the Yankees games, too, but I doubt that most of the fans there would know all of the words ;)

E had "Team Day" at his school yesterday and I put him in a Yankees shirt that my Grandmother gave him, but he has never worn. He was very upset because he wanted to wear a Rutgers shirt (he has 4 of those and wears at least one a week). He wore his Rutgers Football shirt today.

He said that none of the girls in his class wore team shirts yesterday (I found out that one did, but she wore a Knicks shirt and he is not an NBA fan so I don't know if he recognized it). He said that they all wore "girltastic" shirts. That is my new favorite word. My Mets hat is pink, so I think it is girltastic ;)

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 18, 2013

ScarletandOlive wrote:
<quoted text>
I haven't really looked into it, but is this the type of stuff that pet insurance would cover, if you had it?
Possibly to probably. I am in favor of pet insurance (There are scams out there -- but there are two good ones that are non-profit and run by veterinarians), but you typically can't get it once pets reach a certain age (mine are 10 right now).

I likely will get a kitten later this year or next spring, and I definitely will look into pet insurance then.

Also, I have a rich mom, who pays these bills for me (I never ask, she offers/sends a check). I don't even complain about the bills, it's just something she asks about.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 18, 2013

Judged:

ScarletandOlive wrote:
<quoted text>
They play it at the Yankees games, too, but I doubt that most of the fans there would know all of the words ;)
E had "Team Day" at his school yesterday and I put him in a Yankees shirt that my Grandmother gave him, but he has never worn. He was very upset because he wanted to wear a Rutgers shirt (he has 4 of those and wears at least one a week). He wore his Rutgers Football shirt today.
He said that none of the girls in his class wore team shirts yesterday (I found out that one did, but she wore a Knicks shirt and he is not an NBA fan so I don't know if he recognized it). He said that they all wore "girltastic" shirts. That is my new favorite word. My Mets hat is pink, so I think it is girltastic ;)
Did you hear that the Yankees also played "Sweet Caroline" between the 3rd and 4th innings this week, as a tip of the hat to the Boston Red Sox? I thought that was classy.

“Checks and Balances”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 18, 2013

RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>Did you hear that the Yankees also played "Sweet Caroline" between the 3rd and 4th innings this week, as a tip of the hat to the Boston Red Sox? I thought that was classy.
I did. The news stations mentioned it a lot. I agree that it was a classy move on their part.

Ry asked me today why it was such a big deal that the whole arena was singing the National Anthem. He wasn't around for 9/11, but he has been watching the news reports about the bombing at the marathon. He also has to write a paper about people being mean, how that makes him feel and what he can do to stop it. That was assigned on Monday morning, which I find kind of eerie. This morning's breakfast conversation was definitely heavier than usual.

“Fort Kickass”

Bloomington, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 18, 2013

ScarletandOlive wrote:
<quoted text>
I did. The news stations mentioned it a lot. I agree that it was a classy move on their part.
Ry asked me today why it was such a big deal that the whole arena was singing the National Anthem. He wasn't around for 9/11, but he has been watching the news reports about the bombing at the marathon. He also has to write a paper about people being mean, how that makes him feel and what he can do to stop it. That was assigned on Monday morning, which I find kind of eerie. This morning's breakfast conversation was definitely heavier than usual.
J and I were watching this 6 part (I think) series on Nat Geo about the 80s and they covered the whole Challenger explosion. That would have been about the same kind of thing at the same age for us. Not that that was done on purpose, of course. But in things in the media that boggle the mind of the super young. I remember being very concerned with what happened to their bodies.

“The two baby belly, please!”

Evanston IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 18, 2013

Judged:

ScarletandOlive wrote:
They played it on NPR this morning. I was glad I was still in the shower, where I could cry in private.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 18, 2013

Judged:

RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>
My vet tech said she couldn't go on vacation this year because her dog needed both knees replaced this year.
Yes....as i recall, her knee's cost $700-900 each....but i live in an expensive area...lol...She was such a good girl...i still get chocked up thinking of several of my past, great dogs.....Talking about shedding a tear, you need to see the singing of the National Anthem, last night at the Boston Bruins game...it will really hit ya......

“Checks and Balances”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 18, 2013

Judged:

Matilda77 wrote:
<quoted text>J and I were watching this 6 part (I think) series on Nat Geo about the 80s and they covered the whole Challenger explosion. That would have been about the same kind of thing at the same age for us. Not that that was done on purpose, of course. But in things in the media that boggle the mind of the super young. I remember being very concerned with what happened to their bodies.
I remember watching it in school and the teachers crying all day long.

I don't remember my parents talking to me about it, though. My mom tells me now that it didn't even occur to her to discuss things like I do with my boys. If she only knew what my friends and I came up with as explanations instead.

“...,to wit”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 18, 2013

Judged:

ScarletandOlive wrote:
You tryin' to give NJ a good name? ;-)

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 83,081 - 83,100 of96,062
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

80 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 4 min No Surprize 1,033,020
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 13 min wojar 167,445
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 17 min jimtownhounddogsniffing 47,015
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 31 min Silly times 4,025
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 47 min Brian_G 42,951
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 48 min HughBe 65,058
Abby 4-17 3 hr RACE 23
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••