Topix Chitown Regulars

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#84186 Apr 17, 2013
Red, there was a time, in law enforcement when a guy like that would never have made it back to the station....you know, before progress and all.....

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#84187 Apr 17, 2013
Holy shit: Re: Terry Nichols, in prison for life for the OK City bombing:

In 1990, Nichols married a 17-year-old woman, Marife Torres, from the Philippines whom he met through a mail-order bride agency. When she arrived in Michigan several months later, she was pregnant with another man's child. The child died at age two when he suffocated in a plastic bag while Nichols was babysitting him.

Location hidden

#84188 Apr 17, 2013
Wow. Terry Nichols was "babysitting" his child-bride (from the PHilippines) 2yo child and the child suffocated in a plastic bag. no charges were ever filed.

I hope this guy has gotten anally raped numerous times in prison.

Location hidden

#84189 Apr 17, 2013
Oops, sorry for the double post of sorts.

“...,to wit”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#84190 Apr 17, 2013
They didn't fry Nichols? Just McVeigh? How soon I forget.

“What's it to ya?”

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#84191 Apr 17, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
Wow. Terry Nichols was "babysitting" his child-bride (from the PHilippines) 2yo child and the child suffocated in a plastic bag. no charges were ever filed.
I hope this guy has gotten anally raped numerous times in prison.
Wait, how was Nichols babysitting? Is he out of prison?

“What's it to ya?”

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#84192 Apr 17, 2013
Oh o nevermind. I had to re-read and do some date figuring out stuff. Not enough coffee yet. Yeah that's why...coffee.

“FD&S is no way to be.”

Since: Feb 13

Chicago, IL

#84193 Apr 17, 2013
edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
Figured you were just spouting bullsht without anything to back it up with.
Nope, you've got dibs on that.

“FD&S is no way to be.”

Chicago, IL

#84194 Apr 17, 2013
Working from home today, loving the reporting on the bombing. BREAKING NEWS - Suspect in custody. 10 minutes later: BREAKING NEWS - FBI and police confirm no arrests, no one in custody.

Wouldn't an arrest and person in custody be easy enough to verify such that no one is jumping the gun?

And now they're evacuating Boston Hospital.

One of the worst things I have heard so far is that the 8-yr.-old boy who was killed died from the second blast as he was running from the first.

Location hidden

#84195 Apr 17, 2013
Sam I Am GEAM wrote:
Working from home today, loving the reporting on the bombing. BREAKING NEWS - Suspect in custody. 10 minutes later: BREAKING NEWS - FBI and police confirm no arrests, no one in custody.
Wouldn't an arrest and person in custody be easy enough to verify such that no one is jumping the gun?
And now they're evacuating Boston Hospital.
One of the worst things I have heard so far is that the 8-yr.-old boy who was killed died from the second blast as he was running from the first.
And his little sister's leg was amputated.:(

“FD&S is no way to be.”

Chicago, IL

#84196 Apr 17, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>
That is awful.

Location hidden

#84197 Apr 17, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, they said before that both his mom and sister were in critical condition.....really hope they catch these guys.....

Location hidden

#84198 Apr 17, 2013
It's kinda boring with the tonka.

Location hidden

#84199 Apr 17, 2013
*without

Location hidden

#84200 Apr 17, 2013
I think I read that 17 limbs had been amputated, or that 17 people had limbs amputated (several lost both legs).

Lives changed forever. lives ruined financially.

the surviving victims of the Oklahoma City bombing literally are living on welfare and on public health care because the foundation created to handle the millions of dollars taht got donated for their care refuses to turn the money over to the people and instead sends them instructions on how to go on public assistance.

And then they donate the money to other "charitable" groups.

One woman is taking care of her grandson with lung problems -- his parents died in the explosion and he was with them as a baby or toddler -- and they are on welfare and medicaid because he needs around the clock care, when there are MILLIONS of funds that could be helping them.

Location hidden

#84201 Apr 17, 2013
this is why I will never donate to any of the big post-crisis/catastrophe funds. i don't believe my money will go to where it's intended.

Location hidden

#84202 Apr 17, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
I think I read that 17 limbs had been amputated, or that 17 people had limbs amputated (several lost both legs).
Lives changed forever. lives ruined financially.
the surviving victims of the Oklahoma City bombing literally are living on welfare and on public health care because the foundation created to handle the millions of dollars taht got donated for their care refuses to turn the money over to the people and instead sends them instructions on how to go on public assistance.
And then they donate the money to other "charitable" groups.
One woman is taking care of her grandson with lung problems -- his parents died in the explosion and he was with them as a baby or toddler -- and they are on welfare and medicaid because he needs around the clock care, when there are MILLIONS of funds that could be helping them.
Do you have any source for all this Oklahoma City victims, having to go on welfare?

Location hidden

#84203 Apr 17, 2013
Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text>Do you have any source for all this Oklahoma City victims, having to go on welfare?
I am not sure, just saw a show about it in the last month or so. maybe 60 minutes? They interviewed the head of the board that overseas the money and she insists they're doing nothing wrnog, that why should the survivors use the money when the government has programs for poor people with health problems?

Then when she was asked, "if you're not going to dispense the money, what's the point in the foundation?' she said that they DO dispense money, an dthen named some charity completely unrelated to the bombing. She also emphasized that it's very important that the money always be there. If you start spending the money, then eventualyl, it'll all be gone.

freakin' idiots.

Location hidden

#84204 Apr 17, 2013

Location hidden

#84205 Apr 18, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
..Thanks, Red.....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 10 min Dr Guru MD CEO 194,737
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 21 min Incognito4Ever 1,264,676
Best value kit'chens of europe reviews 2 hr selamet 1
Ask Amy August 3 3 hr mrs gladys kravitz 9
Music Artists A to Z (Feb '14) 4 hr _Zoey_ 443
Word (Dec '08) 4 hr _Zoey_ 5,383
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 4 hr _Zoey_ 6,260
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages