Neda, stay with me!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 15, 2013

Judged:

I think Stuart would be kinda nice, but they got that nuke plant.
Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text>Funny. I think your area is one of the place I'd like to retire to if we were to move. Gonna hit Clearwater bech for Memorial Day.

“...,to wit”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 15, 2013

Judged:

RACE wrote:
I think Stuart would be kinda nice, but they got that nuke plant.
<quoted text>
In a different context, someone has described Englewood as a drinking town with a fishing problem .... and a helluva a lot of snowbirds

“suffers from formicophilia ”

Since: May 09

Braidwood, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 15, 2013

Mister Tonka wrote:
No managing people(I hated managing people when I did), just systems.
My supervisor approached me today and said he might be taking a job elsewhere in a few weeks. Wanted to know if I'd be willing to be his replacement. Said sure, even though I won't be making much more money, at least not at firs, but I'll at least beef up my resume a bit. Meh, we'll see what happens, not gonna get too worked up right now. Good luck to ya, sexy.

“It made sense at the time....”

Des Plaines, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 15, 2013

Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text>Ever since the middle ages, there is a yearly Christmas market in Nurnberg, where the best wood carvers come with ornaments to sell.....alway's wanted to see that.....Unlimited funds would mean almost any option....
it was nice... cold, but nice to see. hubby & i have often wondered if anyone works in munich, as we often see a ton of people in the main square, and they look like they "belong there" in munich (i.e., not tourists gawking). add a couple hundred stalls and a few thousand more people, and it got me a bit twitchy from all the chaos and claustrophobia inducing "stuff"... but i am glad to ahve seen it at least once.

a better trip was towards teh south, to Garmisch. They had some major ski competitions there. very picturesque.

<sigh>

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 15, 2013

Aisle Sitter wrote:
<quoted text>
it was nice... cold, but nice to see. hubby & i have often wondered if anyone works in munich, as we often see a ton of people in the main square, and they look like they "belong there" in munich (i.e., not tourists gawking). add a couple hundred stalls and a few thousand more people, and it got me a bit twitchy from all the chaos and claustrophobia inducing "stuff"... but i am glad to ahve seen it at least once.
a better trip was towards teh south, to Garmisch. They had some major ski competitions there. very picturesque.
<sigh>
Wife and i spent a month around there, years ago with eurail passes....you see the german's standing, having beers at the train stations, even in the morning...little pick-me-up, before work...lol...my favorite of all Gerrmany is, Rothenburg ob der Tauber, the walled in city....just incredible and also Fussen and the Mad King Ludwig's castles and Heidelberg.....sorry, i really liked Germany.....

“This is SPARTA!”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 15, 2013

Judged:

edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
My supervisor approached me today and said he might be taking a job elsewhere in a few weeks. Wanted to know if I'd be willing to be his replacement. Said sure, even though I won't be making much more money, at least not at firs, but I'll at least beef up my resume a bit. Meh, we'll see what happens, not gonna get too worked up right now. Good luck to ya, sexy.
Good luck to you as well. Managing other people is a talent and temperament that I don't have. I like to be responsible for myself. I hated having to keep track of what other people are doing and be responsible for the possible shortcomings of others(not that I had to deal with any bad people).

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 15, 2013

Judged:

You think that bad, try keeping track of all the idiots running around in my head.
Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text>Good luck to you as well. Managing other people is a talent and temperament that I don't have. I like to be responsible for myself. I hated having to keep track of what other people are doing and be responsible for the possible shortcomings of others(not that I had to deal with any bad people).
Deputy Dog

Bradenton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 15, 2013

Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text>Funny. I think your area is one of the place I'd like to retire to if we were to move. Gonna hit Clearwater bech for Memorial Day.
We'll chill up some pina coladas for ya...the gulf needs to warm up a few more degrees but the weather is stylin right now!

Braidwood, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 16, 2013

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 16, 2013

Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text>Good luck to you as well. Managing other people is a talent and temperament that I don't have. I like to be responsible for myself. I hated having to keep track of what other people are doing and be responsible for the possible shortcomings of others(not that I had to deal with any bad people).
Same here. too much of the time, it's glorified babysitting.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 16, 2013

Judged:

And folks, THIS is why I don't run marathons. That shit'll kill ya.

Since: Mar 09

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 16, 2013

RedheadwGlasses wrote:
And folks, THIS is why I don't run marathons. That shit'll kill ya.
Ha!

Since: Mar 09

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 16, 2013

RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>Same here. too much of the time, it's glorified babysitting.
True story. It's my least favorite part of my job: playing mommy to grown adults who sometimes act like kindergartners.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 16, 2013

j_m_w wrote:
<quoted text>
True story. It's my least favorite part of my job: playing mommy to grown adults who sometimes act like kindergartners.
I have a friend who's a manager/supervisor of a department of unionized office workers. She started out as a union worker as well, but has been promoted into management. The crap she has to deal with is outrageous. Because the union has earned certain job protections (which I usually support), the trade-offs are things like strick break/lunch times, no unplanned days off, etc. And she has to deal with people coming back late from lunch, etc. Everything has to get written up or she'll hear whining about how unfair things are if so-and-so didn't get written up for coming back 5 minutes late last week.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 16, 2013

*strict

“Licensed to Ill”

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 16, 2013

edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>My supervisor approached me today and said he might be taking a job elsewhere in a few weeks. Wanted to know if I'd be willing to be his replacement. Said sure, even though I won't be making much more money, at least not at firs, but I'll at least beef up my resume a bit. Meh, we'll see what happens, not gonna get too worked up right now.
Thats encouraging.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 16, 2013

Judged:

Sadly, at one time the unions were developed to protect workers.....but now, the pendalum has swung the other way....John Stossel once did this segment about how powerfull the Washington DC Teacher's Union had become....where, if there even was an awful, horridly untalented teacher, they could'nt ever be fired....the union just, would'nt allow it.....

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 16, 2013

Judged:

Look at the Chicago public school teachers union. They're the highest paid teachers in the nation, and their school system is broken. Do they have the children's best interests at heart, or their own?

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 16, 2013

WOW!
This guy's story is incredible.
http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/04/16/17...
Stina

Saint Petersburg, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 16, 2013

Judged:

Deputy Dog wrote:
<quoted text>
We'll chill up some pina coladas for ya...the gulf needs to warm up a few more degrees but the weather is stylin right now!
I agree - it's not so bad this time of year!
I was down by St Pete Beach last night... still seems like there are a lot of vacationers around, even though spring break is over!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 82,961 - 82,980 of96,151
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

44 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min JusticeForCaylee 2013 1,034,591
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 4 min truth 47,071
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 8 min wojar 167,679
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 8 min mdbuilder 43,022
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 11 min Eric 65,182
IL Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Illinois ... (Oct '10) 20 min jimtownhounddogsniffing 6,538
Abby 4-20 1 hr cheluzal 10
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Personal Finance