Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 14, 2013

Mister Tonka wrote:
If money was not an issue, and you could live anywhere you wanted, where would it be?
I love raising my kids in NJ, but I'd like to travel with them more during the summers.

“...,to wit”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 14, 2013

Mimi Seattle wrote:
<quoted text>
Tahiti. Or somewhere on the Costa Azul, or Maui, or the French Riviera...a Greek Island. Any of them, all of them. <shrug>
Costa Azul in Mexico? Meh- drug cartels
Maui? Volcanos
Greek Islands? earthquakes

“What's it to ya?”

Since: Mar 09

Tacoma, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 14, 2013

Aisle Sitter wrote:
<quoted text>
welcome to the dark side...:-) glad to hear that you're enjouying the new gear.
Thanks! I am enjoying it. It's a learning curve...on both of them. Took me all day to figure out how to sync the phone with the laptop/icloud/itunes/etc., but it's all good. I've been being all pretentious at people too with my laptop open reading at the coffee shop. I never do that. I just felt kind of drawn to doing it today. heh :D

“suffers from formicophilia ”

Since: May 09

Braidwood, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 15, 2013

Amy

http://www.topix.com/forum/chicago/TT9S0C61I1...

Abby

http://www.topix.com/forum/chicago/TDEDRAFUGU...

Happy 306th birthday, Leonhard Euler!

Everyone get their taxes done?

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 15, 2013

Mister Tonka wrote:
If money was not an issue, and you could live anywhere you wanted, where would it be?
...Might be nice to have a condo in Victoria, British Colombia, Canada.....A snowbird between here in south Florida and there......or possibly Paris/Munich, so we could stay there spring and summer and here, fall and winter.....

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 15, 2013

I would live with you!
Mimi Seattle wrote:
<quoted text>
Tahiti. Or somewhere on the Costa Azul, or Maui, or the French Riviera...a Greek Island. Any of them, all of them. <shrug>
Stina

Saint Petersburg, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 15, 2013

I would NOT in live in FLorida, that's for sure!!!

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 15, 2013

How was Weird Al?
Stina wrote:
I would NOT in live in FLorida, that's for sure!!!
Stina

Saint Petersburg, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 15, 2013

Judged:

RACE wrote:
How was Weird Al?
<quoted text>
It was so AWESOME!!!
He gargles water during "Smells Like Nirvana" then throws the water on the audience and we got sprayed!
My daughter and her friend swear they are never washing their jeans again!!!

Toj

“Equality”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 15, 2013

Mister Tonka wrote:

No where and everywhere. I'd check out a lot of different states and countries. I'd stay long enough (maybe a year?) to really get into the culture.

“What's it to ya?”

Since: Mar 09

Tacoma, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 15, 2013

PEllen wrote:
<quoted text>
Costa Azul in Mexico? Meh- drug cartels
Maui? Volcanos
Greek Islands? earthquakes
Costa Azul in Spain...Maiorca.

Earthquakes and volcanos here too. If Mt. Rainier blows, I'm pretty much toast unless I can get out by boat which I don't have even though I'm technically "on the water" about a minute from Puget Sound, so in the big scheme of it all <shrug>.:D

#holyrunonsentencebatman

“Fort Kickass”

Since: Sep 09

Bloomington, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 15, 2013

Toj wrote:
Mister Tonka wrote:
No where and everywhere. I'd check out a lot of different states and countries. I'd stay long enough (maybe a year?) to really get into the culture.
Yeah, this. I haven't lived enough places to say definitively where I'd like to live forever. Every place has pros and cons. I like warm weather, but I hate giant bugs. I hate winter, but I also hate super hot summers.

“The two baby belly, please!”

Evanston IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 15, 2013

Mister Tonka wrote:
I would buy one of the mansions in Evanston that I can only drool at now as we drive by and then find a private island in the Caribbean or maybe a place on the beach in Costa Rica or Belize.

“Fort Kickass”

Bloomington, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 15, 2013

squishymama wrote:
<quoted text>
I would buy one of the mansions in Evanston that I can only drool at now as we drive by and then find a private island in the Caribbean or maybe a place on the beach in Costa Rica or Belize.
One of my bunco girls just moved in to a McMansion. You know, brand new, 4K square feet, 3 car garage, 5 bedrooms, etc. And all I could think as she was showing us around was "I would hate to have to clean this place". Stupid adult brain never lets me have any fun imagining anymore.

“The two baby belly, please!”

Evanston IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 15, 2013

Judged:

Matilda77 wrote:
<quoted text>
One of my bunco girls just moved in to a McMansion. You know, brand new, 4K square feet, 3 car garage, 5 bedrooms, etc. And all I could think as she was showing us around was "I would hate to have to clean this place". Stupid adult brain never lets me have any fun imagining anymore.
Oh, believe me, I think that too when I'm drooling.

But money is no object, so I can hire a weekly cleaning service.

“Fort Kickass”

Bloomington, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 15, 2013

squishymama wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, believe me, I think that too when I'm drooling.
But money is no object, so I can hire a weekly cleaning service.
Eh, I'm weird about people being in my house.

“...,to wit”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 15, 2013

Mimi Seattle wrote:
<quoted text>
Costa Azul in Spain...Maiorca.
Earthquakes and volcanos here too. If Mt. Rainier blows, I'm pretty much toast unless I can get out by boat which I don't have even though I'm technically "on the water" about a minute from Puget Sound, so in the big scheme of it all <shrug>.:D
#holyrunonsentencebatman
I have been to Costa Del Sol a couple times, Malaga and Marbella area, but not down to Majorca. I could do that. Enough Brit ex-pats that I could speak English if needed.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 15, 2013

If money were truly no object, i might spend some time in Japan...i love the food and culture, but normally it's about the most expensive to visit....along with NYC.....

“It made sense at the time....”

Schaumburg, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 15, 2013

Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text>...Might be nice to have a condo in Victoria, British Colombia, Canada.....A snowbird between here in south Florida and there......or possibly Paris/Munich, so we could stay there spring and summer and here, fall and winter.....
i'll join you in munich, but not for oktoberfest... and i may be up to here with large kristkindlmarkets... i still have like 4 major breweries in munich to visit...

“It made sense at the time....”

Schaumburg, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 15, 2013

I think i'd get one of those big mansions on the north shore too... i think it would work well... one guest bedroom for each nephew as well as bro & SIL could have hteir own. study, den, tv, sewing room... one for each hobby... ;-)

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 82,921 - 82,940 of95,964
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

107 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 5 min forks_make_us_fat 1,033,277
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 7 min former res 64,895
Abby 4-16 12 min Mister Tonka 23
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 34 min Jacques from Ottawa 167,363
Amy 4-16 49 min squishymama 8
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 1 hr Always Smile 4,019
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr Brian_G 42,920
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]