Topix Chitown Regulars

“reign in blood”

Since: May 09

Lawrence, MA

#84073 Apr 15, 2013
I think a giant snail would be cool. I'd probably keep one as a pet. I'd name him Gary, like Spongebob's pet snail.

“Fort Kickass”

Since: Sep 09

Bloomington, IL

#84074 Apr 15, 2013
edogxxx wrote:
I think a giant snail would be cool. I'd probably keep one as a pet. I'd name him Gary, like Spongebob's pet snail.
Mrrreow!
Stina

Saint Petersburg, FL

#84075 Apr 15, 2013
PEllen wrote:
<quoted text>
Hundreds of Thousands of Rat-Sized, House-Eating Snails Invade Florida
http://gawker.com/5994634/hundreds-of-thousan...
I understand
OK - that's just FREAKY! As if mutant cockroaches aren't enough!!!
Stina

Saint Petersburg, FL

#84076 Apr 15, 2013
edogxxx wrote:
Always looking on the bright side!!!

“...,to wit”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#84077 Apr 15, 2013
They bombed teh finish line at teh Boston Marathon.

“bELieve”

Location hidden

#84078 Apr 15, 2013
PEllen wrote:
They bombed teh finish line at teh Boston Marathon.
My cousin is running there, but I just heard from her sister that she's ok.

WTF is wrong with people?!?

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#84079 Apr 15, 2013
PEllen wrote:
<quoted text>
Hundreds of Thousands of Rat-Sized, House-Eating Snails Invade Florida
http://gawker.com/5994634/hundreds-of-thousan...
I understand
...It's very rare that you find an article, which finds a way to weave the technical term, shit stains.....into the conversation...lol....As i live in the Palm Beach area and do a shit load, sorry a botanical term...lol...i do a ton of gardening and have never seen them....Wish they could have mentioned where in Florida.....

Location hidden

#84080 Apr 15, 2013
edogxxx wrote:
...Geez, I almost forgot.....Monday Night is, "All You Can Eat, Escargot Nite".......lol.....

“reign in blood”

Braidwood, IL

#84081 Apr 15, 2013
Jess in NJ wrote:
WTF is wrong with people?!?
I gave up asking that question a long time ago. Glad your cousin is okay.

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me! Charlie

#84082 Apr 15, 2013
You watched cartoons in your 20's?
edogxxx wrote:

Location hidden

#84083 Apr 15, 2013
Aisle Sitter wrote:
<quoted text>
i'll join you in munich, but not for oktoberfest... and i may be up to here with large kristkindlmarkets... i still have like 4 major breweries in munich to visit...
Ever since the middle ages, there is a yearly Christmas market in Nurnberg, where the best wood carvers come with ornaments to sell.....alway's wanted to see that.....Unlimited funds would mean almost any option....

“reign in blood”

Braidwood, IL

#84084 Apr 15, 2013
RACE wrote:
You watched cartoons in your 20's?
<quoted text>
Of course. You didn't?

Spongebob had adult humor in it. It's where I got "See You Next Tuesday."

“I Am Mine”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#84085 Apr 15, 2013
PEllen wrote:
<quoted text>
Tell me about your new job. How much different will the commute be? Did you get an equivalent or better position? Will you have to travel at all or go on site ? Do you manage people or just systems?
Commute will be about same. Just in a different direction. Was a developer previously. New position is a sys admin. No travel. No managing people(I hated managing people when I did), just systems.

“I Am Mine”

Location hidden

#84086 Apr 15, 2013
Mimi Seattle wrote:
Maui, <shrug>
Yes. Money is the only thing that keeps me from seriously considering it someday. I think to myself, I could find a bunch of places that I would love and live for a 3rd of the cost. In retirement, I need to make that dollar stretch.

“I Am Mine”

Location hidden

#84088 Apr 15, 2013
Stina wrote:
I would NOT in live in FLorida, that's for sure!!!
Funny. I think your area is one of the place I'd like to retire to if we were to move. Gonna hit Clearwater bech for Memorial Day.

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me! Charlie

#84089 Apr 15, 2013
I think Stuart would be kinda nice, but they got that nuke plant.
Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text>Funny. I think your area is one of the place I'd like to retire to if we were to move. Gonna hit Clearwater bech for Memorial Day.

“...,to wit”

Location hidden

#84090 Apr 15, 2013
RACE wrote:
I think Stuart would be kinda nice, but they got that nuke plant.
<quoted text>
In a different context, someone has described Englewood as a drinking town with a fishing problem .... and a helluva a lot of snowbirds

“reign in blood”

Braidwood, IL

#84091 Apr 15, 2013
Mister Tonka wrote:
No managing people(I hated managing people when I did), just systems.
My supervisor approached me today and said he might be taking a job elsewhere in a few weeks. Wanted to know if I'd be willing to be his replacement. Said sure, even though I won't be making much more money, at least not at firs, but I'll at least beef up my resume a bit. Meh, we'll see what happens, not gonna get too worked up right now. Good luck to ya, sexy.

“It made sense at the time....”

Des Plaines, IL

#84092 Apr 15, 2013
Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text>Ever since the middle ages, there is a yearly Christmas market in Nurnberg, where the best wood carvers come with ornaments to sell.....alway's wanted to see that.....Unlimited funds would mean almost any option....
it was nice... cold, but nice to see. hubby & i have often wondered if anyone works in munich, as we often see a ton of people in the main square, and they look like they "belong there" in munich (i.e., not tourists gawking). add a couple hundred stalls and a few thousand more people, and it got me a bit twitchy from all the chaos and claustrophobia inducing "stuff"... but i am glad to ahve seen it at least once.

a better trip was towards teh south, to Garmisch. They had some major ski competitions there. very picturesque.

<sigh>

Location hidden

#84093 Apr 15, 2013
Aisle Sitter wrote:
<quoted text>
it was nice... cold, but nice to see. hubby & i have often wondered if anyone works in munich, as we often see a ton of people in the main square, and they look like they "belong there" in munich (i.e., not tourists gawking). add a couple hundred stalls and a few thousand more people, and it got me a bit twitchy from all the chaos and claustrophobia inducing "stuff"... but i am glad to ahve seen it at least once.
a better trip was towards teh south, to Garmisch. They had some major ski competitions there. very picturesque.
<sigh>
Wife and i spent a month around there, years ago with eurail passes....you see the german's standing, having beers at the train stations, even in the morning...little pick-me-up, before work...lol...my favorite of all Gerrmany is, Rothenburg ob der Tauber, the walled in city....just incredible and also Fussen and the Mad King Ludwig's castles and Heidelberg.....sorry, i really liked Germany.....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 4 min USAsince1680 1,403,335
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 39 min joke itch 219,329
last post wins! (Dec '10) 1 hr They cannot kill ... 2,268
News Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 2 hr TWP 72,037
last post wins! (Apr '13) 2 hr They cannot kill ... 1,245
Four letter word game (Dec '11) 3 hr GEORGIA 1,790
Double Word Game (Dec '11) 3 hr GEORGIA 2,848

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages