“reign in blood”

Since: May 09

Wilmington, IL

#84012 Apr 13, 2013
Mimi Seattle wrote:
Did you go to the doctor yet?
I'm getting better. I probably shouldn't mix prescription drugs with alcohol.

“...,to wit”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#84013 Apr 13, 2013
edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
If you had an infection and if you were taking antibiotics, alcohol diminishes their effectiveness. Ask your doctor's office or the pharmacist ( not the clerk) at Walgreens or look it up.

Once I had a bladder infection that worked its way up to my kidneys. It was incredibly painful. I didn't know it at the time, but I can tell you now that a kidney infection hurts a helluva a lot more than having a baby without drugs and the infection lasts longer.
As a guy you really don't want to be catheterized either. Having a Foley put in is no fun. Look that up too.

What Mimi and I are trying to tell you is that you described something that should be taken seriously. You are not a super-hero ,invulnerable tough guy nor do you have a good in-house support system to take care of you if it turns very bad.

Talk to your doc. Please.Tell him a couple of old lady friends of yours have been riding you about it (Sorry, Mimi) If the doc says not to worry, so be it.

“What's it to ya?”

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#84014 Apr 13, 2013
edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
Probably not. Glad you're feeling better.

The kidney pain is still something that's concerning, so if it happens again you really do need to go to ER or Urgent Care or something.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#84015 Apr 13, 2013
I have heard also, that a Spinal Tap, is one of the most painfull procedures....i had over 200 stitches, coming up...but don't recall them being so painfull.....and even though cataract surgery sounded scary, but was a breeze.....

“...,to wit”

Location hidden

#84016 Apr 13, 2013
Go Blue Forever wrote:
I have heard also, that a Spinal Tap, is one of the most painfull procedures....i had over 200 stitches, coming up...but don't recall them being so painfull.....and even though cataract surgery sounded scary, but was a breeze.....
It is not the tap. It can be the headache later for some people that can be really bad.

“bELieve”

Location hidden

#84017 Apr 13, 2013
Just got back from my little guy's tball game. One of the asst coaches is a cop in town and he was on duty today, so he wore his gun on the field. I am pissed. There is no reason to have a gun on your hip when kids are running around you and balls are flying toward you. If he had to carry today, he should have acted as the manager and stayed off the field. Also, he didn't even wear an off-duty holster, so every time he bent over, his shirt rode up and you could see it.

Plus, I just hate him anyway.

“reign in blood”

Wilmington, IL

#84018 Apr 13, 2013
Jess in NJ wrote:
There is no reason to have a gun on your hip when kids are running around you and balls are flying toward you.
Sounds like a great chance for some target practice!

But anyway... Which is it? Do we want police guarding our kids or not? It was concealed under his shirt only visible when he bent down. It's not like it was slinging low on his hip for all the world to see.
And you shouldn't hate. Hate leads to the Dark Side.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#84019 Apr 13, 2013
....Some police department's demand that their officer's carry a firearm, whenever they are outta the house.....

“Colorful Beyond Words”

Since: May 11

"True Love Never Ends "

#84020 Apr 13, 2013
I would feel pretty safe knowing an armed officer was right there in case something happened.

“bELieve”

Location hidden

#84021 Apr 13, 2013
On the sidelines or as manager I would be fine with. On the field where the kids are running around and the balls are being hit at you, no.

Also, this was a big gun right at the kids' eye level. If they ran into this thing that was hitting out of his hip, it would hurt them (my kids have run into my husband's gun when he first comes home from work and it has left a bruise).

He was out there with 4, 5 and 6 year olds. Tball coaches stand with the kids while they are playing the field and help keep them focused.

“bELieve”

Location hidden

#84022 Apr 13, 2013
Go Blue Forever wrote:
....Some police department's demand that their officer's carry a firearm, whenever they are outta the house.....
Not ours and not in that type of holster.

FWIW, my husband is a federal officer who carries for work and he felt this was completely inappropriate.

“bELieve”

Location hidden

#84023 Apr 13, 2013
edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>Sounds like a great chance for some target practice!

But anyway... Which is it? Do we want police guarding our kids or not? It was concealed under his shirt only visible when he bent down. It's not like it was slinging low on his hip for all the world to see.
It was huge. You could see the bulge through his shirt.

I am all Sith today.

“reign in blood”

Wilmington, IL

#84024 Apr 13, 2013
Jess in NJ wrote:
It was huge. You could see the bulge through his shirt.
Ha! That's what SHE said!

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me!

#84025 Apr 13, 2013
You could lodge a complaint, maybe get the policy changed that he cant be running around the field while carrying.

“bELieve”

Location hidden

#84026 Apr 13, 2013
RACE wrote:
You could lodge a complaint, maybe get the policy changed that he cant be running around the field while carrying.
My husband talked to him after the game. Hopefully it ends there.

Obviously, I have no problem with guns. As a mom, I felt that he was not being responsible around my child, though. I'm pretty sure that the league doesn't have a policy on guns. In NJ, it is almost impossible to get a concealed carry permit. I have just never seen one on the field.

“...,to wit”

Location hidden

#84027 Apr 13, 2013
Muddled (pureed actually because I am not a mixologist)cucumber, jalapeno, fresh mint, Hendricks gin 2 ice cubes,stirred at least a minute by the cluck topped with soda. Small squeeze of lime.

I could learn to like hard stuff.

Tonka- the other choice was crab apple cider but I wasn't in the mood.

Good luck on Monday

“...,to wit”

Location hidden

#84028 Apr 13, 2013
Oh yeah Pandora Pink Martini.

West Palm Beach, FL

#84029 Apr 13, 2013
Pelly: sounds like fun.

I went to a birthday girls night out tonight. Great time, home early. I'm getting better at this.

“What's it to ya?”

Location hidden

#84030 Apr 13, 2013
New laptop. Macbook air. So far...freaking loving it. I now understand why Mac users have a reputation for having a pretentious attitude. It just works. I have now joined the uber elite who are smart enough to invest in a quality machine. I get it. :D

Toj

“Where is Everyone?”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#84031 Apr 14, 2013
edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
Sounds like a great chance for some target practice!
He could have used a shoulder holster with a jacket on. That probably would have been a better choice.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 9 min ObamaLogic 1,154,086
2 cops executed in new york 35 min The Pissed Citizen 1
More on the Eric Garner Saga 43 min The Patriot 7
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 1 hr Eric 71,044
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 3 hr Cowobunga 51,254
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 3 hr Brian_G 49,220
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 4 hr Uzi 68,883
Chicago Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 1:01 pm PST

NBC Sports 1:01PM
Cowboys' Murray listed as questionable for Colts - NBC Sports
NBC Sports 8:26 AM
Report: Executives suggest Bears could have to attach a draft pick to move Cutler
Bleacher Report11:56 AM
Eagles vs. Redskins: Live Score and Analysis for Philadelphia
Yahoo! Sports 5:54 PM
Eagles playoff hopes suffer with loss to Redskins
Bleacher Report 6:14 PM
RG3 Showing Enough to Remain Starter in WSH