“What's it to ya?”

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#83991 Apr 12, 2013
edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
I wish. Barely made it to work as it was. Spent all night wrapped in two comforters shivering yet sweating. And I puked blood this morning. I've had the worst headache I've ever had for the last three days, and my kidneys hurt.
Happy Friday!
You should go to ER or something today. Don't wait. If it's flu, it's EXTREME, but it sounds like something more. Especially with kidney pain; that's not a run of the mill kind of thing. Just freaking go and don't wait til Monday.

Miami, FL

#83992 Apr 12, 2013

“Fort Kickass”

Since: Sep 09

Bloomington, IL

#83993 Apr 12, 2013
j_m_w wrote:
The letters about girls coming home from college after freshman year and being b1tches is making me feel great about going to India this summer.

Miami, FL

#83994 Apr 12, 2013
"Dear Carolyn - My friends are bad drivers. I have repeatedly felt unsafe while in the passenger seat. During one trip (only from Georgetown to Silver Spring) I truly believe that it was only me shouting, "STOP!" that kept us from being in two messy wrecks. So I generally volunteer to drive. However, we're about to go on a long trip and I'm four months pregnant, and I don't know if they'll let me drive six hours each way, even though I'm fine with it. Is there a nice way to let them know that I'm not endangering my life and that in my uterus with them at the wheel?"

Maybe I'm just tempted to play devil's advocate, but the common denominator is the LW. Maybe she's a paranoid and annoying backseat driver. If the other friends don't notice this about each other, I think the problem may be the LW.
Stina

Saint Petersburg, FL

#83995 Apr 12, 2013
edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
Wear ear plugs, trust me!
Oh, I've been up front for many shows!!! It was worse being nearer to the back for Selena Gomez with all teh 10 year olds screaming!!! This one won't be too loud, and it won't be so bad if it is!!!
Damn, I love Weird Al!!!:D

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

#83996 Apr 12, 2013
Hello Friends,

This is John here new to this site. hopefully i will get latest and updated information here.
[url=http://www.healthdirector y.tk]kneereplacement[/url]

Toj

“Where is Everyone?”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#83998 Apr 12, 2013
So are there Indian bots that post all over Topix or what?
crunchy bacon

Hoffman Estates, IL

#83999 Apr 12, 2013
PEllen wrote:
<quoted text>
Drink cranberry juice, lots of it. Good for Vitamin C and good for bladder infections
/s/ Dr. Pelly
seriously, Dog, take care of yourself and be careful not to fall into a machine or something at work
Speaking of cures, Ms. P, I'm going to be entering drug rehab tomorrow. With luck it'll be about 30 days. Things haven't been going well lately, to say the least but, I have to admit this has been an on going problem. I've always kinda known that I had a drinking problem but Oxy sure didn't help that! When I come back I'm sure to be doing a lot of apologizing-LOL!- but, I wanted to let you know, PEllen, and I wanted to apologize to Angela for "redheadlovessmallmen " and to others here for stuff I really can't remember myself. I really going to miss WOW but maybe I'll appreciate it much more when I get straight. See you all soon!

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#84000 Apr 12, 2013
Mimi Seattle wrote:
On Vietnam...yeah it was all about "containment" (Truman Doctrine and all that.
They were afraid that if VN fell, there would be a domino effect and so all of Indochina (Laos, Cambodia) would all fall to communism as well.
The Russians were being aggressive and our (government) concern was Europe but we couldn't let the recently "commie" Chinese take over in Asia (they had about a 1000 year history with taking over VN) because then it would spread to other (read: all) parts of the world like S. America (ahem...it DID) and then we (the US) would be the only non-communist place on Earth.
At least that's 1040s-60s government thinking. Cold War...proxy war with the USSR. Meh.
Not like we really learned anything from it. Except maybe the military learned to not have so much press around when they are doing "war crime" type things. Easier to keep a lid on that kind of stuff if reporters/photographers are kept contained.<shrug>
The awesome movie "Charlie WIlson's War" covers that domino effect thing well, in that, if we hadn't helped AFghanistan drive the Russians out, the rest of the middle east would have fallen, one after the other.

Location hidden

#84001 Apr 12, 2013
crunchy bacon wrote:
<quoted text>Speaking of cures, Ms. P, I'm going to be entering drug rehab tomorrow. With luck it'll be about 30 days. Things haven't been going well lately, to say the least but, I have to admit this has been an on going problem. I've always kinda known that I had a drinking problem but Oxy sure didn't help that! When I come back I'm sure to be doing a lot of apologizing-LOL!- but, I wanted to let you know, PEllen, and I wanted to apologize to Angela for "redheadlovessmallmen " and to others here for stuff I really can't remember myself. I really going to miss WOW but maybe I'll appreciate it much more when I get straight. See you all soon!
You're going into rehab? BEST OF LUCK TO YOU (to ANYBODY who thinks they need that help!).

Location hidden

#84002 Apr 12, 2013
j_m_w wrote:
"Dear Carolyn - My friends are bad drivers. I have repeatedly felt unsafe while in the passenger seat. During one trip (only from Georgetown to Silver Spring) I truly believe that it was only me shouting, "STOP!" that kept us from being in two messy wrecks. So I generally volunteer to drive. However, we're about to go on a long trip and I'm four months pregnant, and I don't know if they'll let me drive six hours each way, even though I'm fine with it. Is there a nice way to let them know that I'm not endangering my life and that in my uterus with them at the wheel?"
Maybe I'm just tempted to play devil's advocate, but the common denominator is the LW. Maybe she's a paranoid and annoying backseat driver. If the other friends don't notice this about each other, I think the problem may be the LW.
ITA. She probably is the nervous nellie whose kneejerk reactions to traffic nearly cause an accident.

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me!

#84003 Apr 12, 2013
quitter
crunchy bacon wrote:
<quoted text>Speaking of cures, Ms. P, I'm going to be entering drug rehab tomorrow. With luck it'll be about 30 days. Things haven't been going well lately, to say the least but, I have to admit this has been an on going problem. I've always kinda known that I had a drinking problem but Oxy sure didn't help that! When I come back I'm sure to be doing a lot of apologizing-LOL!- but, I wanted to let you know, PEllen, and I wanted to apologize to Angela for "redheadlovessmallmen " and to others here for stuff I really can't remember myself. I really going to miss WOW but maybe I'll appreciate it much more when I get straight. See you all soon!

“...,to wit”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#84004 Apr 12, 2013
crunchy bacon wrote:
Good for you for recognizing that there is a problem and taking the steps to do something to address it.

As for me, you have less to apologize for, but I accept what you offer and wish you well.

“...,to wit”

Location hidden

#84005 Apr 12, 2013
RACE wrote:
quitter
<quoted text>
Hopefully he is.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#84006 Apr 12, 2013
Stina wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, I've been up front for many shows!!! It was worse being nearer to the back for Selena Gomez with all teh 10 year olds screaming!!! This one won't be too loud, and it won't be so bad if it is!!!
Damn, I love Weird Al!!!:D
That is funny.....many years ago, my wife worked at an office, with the sister of a guitarist from, Blue Oyster Cult.....the concert was great, but we thought everyone was 12-14...,..Last Steely Dan concert we went to, everyone around us sang along....thought I'd hurl....lol....

“What's it to ya?”

Location hidden

#84007 Apr 12, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>
The awesome movie "Charlie WIlson's War" covers that domino effect thing well, in that, if we hadn't helped AFghanistan drive the Russians out, the rest of the middle east would have fallen, one after the other.
I saw that once...sorta. I wasn't paying as much attention to it as I should have. Might watch it again. There's another one from the 80s with Michael J Fox that I want to watch. Too lazy to look up the title right now LOL.

“...,to wit”

Location hidden

#84008 Apr 13, 2013

“reign in blood”

Since: May 09

Wilmington, IL

#84009 Apr 13, 2013

“What's it to ya?”

Location hidden

#84010 Apr 13, 2013
edogxxx wrote:
Did you go to the doctor yet?

“...,to wit”

Location hidden

#84011 Apr 13, 2013
edogxxx wrote:
Some of us had serious doubts.

You links are good. Mine did not take for some reason

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 4 min USAsince1680 1,142,007
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 17 min LOL 48,449
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 18 min wojar 180,648
I must be a prophet 25 min actorvet 1
mohammedyimer991@gmail.com 3 hr bisaka123rut 2
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 3 hr Yumpin Yimminy 68,769
Song Titles Only (group/artist in parenthesis m... (Mar '10) Sat not a ghost 7,852
Chicago Dating
Find my Match

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 2:05 pm PST

NBC Sports 2:05PM
Bears win second straight, beat Buccaneers 21-13