|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 11, 2013

Toj wrote:
<quoted text>
The bigger question is "Why did we go to Vietnam and in whose view"? I can remember debating the Vietnam War and talking about it inside and out from around 1968 to about 1978.
That and the Beatles, Manson, sit-ins, etc.
Heard something on a history documentary on Cinemax, i believe....In 1946, Ho Chi Minh attempted to reach our President Truman, at the time. He was begging for some guidence to bring a form of democracy to his people in Vietnam, but was ignored by our government......i just could'nt believe it, when they said it....how we might have dropped the ball, that bad.....

“The two baby belly, please!”

Since: Sep 09

Evanston IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 11, 2013

Matilda77 wrote:
<quoted text>
He talked a lot about that. Plus, he's hyperactive.
From my vantage point, he was really starting to look like Steve Martin. It was weird.
Yikes! I thought Steve Martin had a neck.
:D

Toj

“Equality”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 11, 2013

Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text>Heard something on a history documentary on Cinemax, i believe....In 1946, Ho Chi Minh attempted to reach our President Truman, at the time. He was begging for some guidence to bring a form of democracy to his people in Vietnam, but was ignored by our government......i just could'nt believe it, when they said it....how we might have dropped the ball, that bad.....
The politics of the day were very different in some ways. Some ways, not so different.

“bELieve”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 11, 2013

From notalwayslearning

(I am a second grade teacher. One of my students, an exceptionally bright young boy, runs up to me at recess with a huge grin.)

Me:“Hey,[student]! What are you playing?”

Student:“Henry VIII!”

Me:“Oh? How do you play Henry VIII?”

Student:*hugs me*“I love you!”

Me:“Oh, sweetie. I love you, t—”

Student:*interrupts*“Just kidding! Off with your head!”

(Best. Game. Ever.)

“I Am Mine”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 11, 2013

Matilda77 wrote:
My SIL's latest crabby passive-aggressive FB post was something like "Just putting this out there, but if you have inappropriate FB pictures I'm going to start deleting you". So I said "Is (J) posting his nude yoga pictures again?"
I don't think she found it as funny as we did.
I am just amused that anyone thinks that being THEIR fb friend is such a privilege that other people would alter their behavior before risking a defriending.

“I Am Mine”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 11, 2013

Toj wrote:
In Covina, CA today:
"Police say a man deliberately cut himself with saws inside a Los Angeles-area Home Depot store, causing a gruesome scene in front of customers that left him severely injured.
West Covina police Cpl. Rudy Lopez says the man was in the store's tool section Wednesday when he grabbed several small hand saws and cut his arms to the bone.
Police found the man unconscious in a pool of blood.
An off-duty paramedic had been shopping nearby, and with help from police collected twine and rags from shelves and put makeshift tourniquets on both arms.
The man was in surgery, but his condition is unclear.
Lopez says the man was carrying no identification and has been unable to answer questions, so police don't know his name or why he cut himself."
It says armS. I'm shocked he could cut one arm to the bone and stillhave enough use of that arm to cut the other.

“I Am Mine”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 11, 2013

Thru my now former job, I got passes to Disney parks last year. Me and a guest. Took the older one to the water par last year. Got same passes again this year. Took younger one today. Older one was in school.

Came home and at dinner, he asked me with no anger in his voice, but complete seriousness, "So where are you taking ME tomorrow?"

“What's it to ya?”

Since: Mar 09

Tacoma, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 11, 2013

Toj wrote:
<quoted text>
The bigger question is "Why did we go to Vietnam and in whose view"?
Meh. I don't really care why. I care why *he* thinks we did so that I can get my A. Beyond that...<shrug>

“What's it to ya?”

Since: Mar 09

Tacoma, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 11, 2013

Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text>Heard something on a history documentary on Cinemax, i believe....In 1946, Ho Chi Minh attempted to reach our President Truman, at the time. He was begging for some guidence to bring a form of democracy to his people in Vietnam, but was ignored by our government......i just could'nt believe it, when they said it....how we might have dropped the ball, that bad.....
Oh we dropped it so badly so many many many times. We (US reps) were with HCM in Hanoi after the '45 revolution "celebrating" with him. VN was such a clusterfuck on so many levels from every damn side.

“Fort Kickass”

Bloomington, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 11, 2013

Mister Tonka wrote:
<quoted text>I am just amused that anyone thinks that being THEIR fb friend is such a privilege that other people would alter their behavior before risking a defriending.
Exactly. It comes across horrible.

“Fort Kickass”

Bloomington, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 11, 2013

At a restaurant waiting for my friend. I ordered wine and actually had a preference as to what kind of Reisling I got. Does this mean I'm becoming a wine snob or an alcoholic? Both?

“I Am Mine”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 11, 2013

Wow. This guy needs clean underwear!

http://www.grindtv.com/outdoor/excursions/pos...

“Fort Kickass”

Bloomington, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 11, 2013

Mister Tonka wrote:
Thru my now former job, I got passes to Disney parks last year. Me and a guest. Took the older one to the water par last year. Got same passes again this year. Took younger one today. Older one was in school.

Came home and at dinner, he asked me with no anger in his voice, but complete seriousness, "So where are you taking ME tomorrow?"
Ha...

I saw a picture of a young, surly looking Kim Jong Un with his dad at Disney. Even that ass got to go there.:(

“Fort Kickass”

Bloomington, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 11, 2013

Mister Tonka wrote:

"Footage contains an expletive"

Heh. Duh?

“bELieve”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 11, 2013

Mister Tonka wrote:

That was awesome!!!

“It made sense at the time....”

Since: May 09

Des Plaines, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 11, 2013

dahgts wrote:
<quoted text>
You're probably right. I'll let you know next month.
i haven't had anyone ask me about famous chicagoans.

i thoguht of somethign else to warn you about... european pillows tend to be smaller and flatter than what we ahve here, so if you are a side sleeper or just need more pillow, bring a pillow case and shove a pair of jeans or a sweater in there to prop you up... that and some anxiety over work left behind left me with some crappy nights sleep...

“It made sense at the time....”

Since: May 09

Des Plaines, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 11, 2013

PEllen wrote:
<quoted text>
No it was just south of teh corner of Clark and Belden. Cicero is pretty far away now and had poorer transportation then.
In the early 1960's my Chicago high school offered horseback riding clases in Lincoln Park. The garage/stable was just across the street from the St Valentines Day garage. It was torn down in the 70's I think. There is a highrise public housing for seniors on the site now. My husband lived about a block away when we met in the early 80's. I haven't walked the area on foot in 30 years. I don't think there is a plaque.
The only person posting here who references being in that neighborhood might be Sam
i thoguht that was at the Biograph at Lincoln just north of Fullerton...? my collegiate stomping ground...

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 11, 2013

alcholic, resling is sheit.
Matilda77 wrote:
At a restaurant waiting for my friend. I ordered wine and actually had a preference as to what kind of Reisling I got. Does this mean I'm becoming a wine snob or an alcoholic? Both?

Toj

“Equality”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 11, 2013

Mimi Seattle wrote:
<quoted text>
Meh. I don't really care why. I care why *he* thinks we did so that I can get my A. Beyond that...<shrug>
To stop communism. At least that was the government answer of the day.

“...,to wit”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 11, 2013

Aisle Sitter wrote:
<quoted text>
i thoguht that was at the Biograph at Lincoln just north of Fullerton...? my collegiate stomping ground...
Biograph was where John Dillinger was shot.
The St Valentines Day Massacre was in the garage at Calrk and Belden

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

88 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min shinningelectr0n 1,084,801
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 8 min GG cartooni master 68,102
Abby 8-1-14 28 min Cass 9
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 44 min Jacques in Ottawa 175,260
Last word + 2 (Mar '12) 57 min honeymylove 484
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 1 hr Terry rigsby 49,029
Ask Amy 8-1-14 1 hr Kuuipo 16
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••