Since: Mar 09

Miami, FL

#83971 Apr 12, 2013
So I watched the movie Flight last night. It was really good (and as a random aside, has a really good soundtrack) but made me feel a lot more emotional turmoil than I was expecting.

My friend: "This movie makes me never want to drink again."
Me: "This movie makes me want a drink and a cigarette."

Speaking of alcoholics, Matilda...
;)
dahgts

Chicago, IL

#83972 Apr 12, 2013
Matilda77 wrote:
At a restaurant waiting for my friend. I ordered wine and actually had a preference as to what kind of Reisling I got. Does this mean I'm becoming a wine snob or an alcoholic? Both?
It does not make you a wine snob. It makes you knowledgeable as to what you like. Riesling can be a very good aperitif. Wine snobs can also be ones who ridicule your choice of wines.

I'll leave the alcoholic part up to you.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#83973 Apr 12, 2013
dahgts wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, the florist was across the street from Holy Name Cathedral.
Too bad the buildings are gone. would make a great walking tour.
We watch a series on HBO, Boardwalk Empire....about a bootlegger and mob boss in Atlantic ity and Capone comes in and out of the story....
dahgts

Chicago, IL

#83974 Apr 12, 2013
Aisle Sitter wrote:
<quoted text>
i haven't had anyone ask me about famous chicagoans.
i thoguht of somethign else to warn you about... european pillows tend to be smaller and flatter than what we ahve here, so if you are a side sleeper or just need more pillow, bring a pillow case and shove a pair of jeans or a sweater in there to prop you up... that and some anxiety over work left behind left me with some crappy nights sleep...
I don't think anyone asks anymore either, maybe in small towns. I use a memory foam contour pillow so maybe flat is good. Wish I could bring my pillow. Thanks for the info.

I've been calling this the trip of doom. flight cancelled because of dreamliner, train ticket debacle, bad back and big toe. Friend going with has hemorrhoids and a bad knee and no sense of direction. And more. I'm out of here today.

“bELieve”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#83975 Apr 12, 2013
dahgts wrote:
<quoted text>I don't think anyone asks anymore either, maybe in small towns. I use a memory foam contour pillow so maybe flat is good. Wish I could bring my pillow. Thanks for the info.

I've been calling this the trip of doom. flight cancelled because of dreamliner, train ticket debacle, bad back and big toe. Friend going with has hemorrhoids and a bad knee and no sense of direction. And more. I'm out of here today.
Good luck! Hope you have a surprisingly good trip and come back with lots of stories for us and great memories for you :)

“...,to wit”

Location hidden

#83976 Apr 12, 2013
dahgts wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't think anyone asks anymore either, maybe in small towns. I use a memory foam contour pillow so maybe flat is good. Wish I could bring my pillow. Thanks for the info.
Spring is lovely in Europe. Have a good time.
Find a computer and post a hello just so we can see a real foreign ISP location under your name.

Miami, FL

#83977 Apr 12, 2013
Okay, lazy asses, I'll grab the girls.
;)

Toj

“Where is Everyone?”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#83978 Apr 12, 2013
Where are the ladies? Edog sleeping in?

Miami, FL

#83979 Apr 12, 2013
slacker in chief

Chicago, IL

#83980 Apr 12, 2013

“reign in blood”

Since: May 09

United States

#83981 Apr 12, 2013
Toj wrote:
Where are the ladies? Edog sleeping in?
I wish. Barely made it to work as it was. Spent all night wrapped in two comforters shivering yet sweating. And I puked blood this morning. I've had the worst headache I've ever had for the last three days, and my kidneys hurt.
Happy Friday!

“...,to wit”

Location hidden

#83982 Apr 12, 2013
edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
I wish. Barely made it to work as it was. Spent all night wrapped in two comforters shivering yet sweating. And I puked blood this morning. I've had the worst headache I've ever had for the last three days, and my kidneys hurt.
Happy Friday!
See a doctor.
If not a doctor, an urgent care center.
Puking blood and sore kidneys are not good.

Miami, FL

#83983 Apr 12, 2013
edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
Happy Friday!
Flu or hangover?

Decent segue into: weekend plans, everyone?

My friend L's birthday outing is tomorrow night and it'll be a girls night. Should be fun.
Stina

Saint Petersburg, FL

#83984 Apr 12, 2013
Feel better dog!!!

Iam just getting over being sick, too.

I am going to a concert this weekend - great seats, too! So excited!!!

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#83986 Apr 12, 2013
Weekend. Leaving work a bit early today to go get Mia and take her back to the vet to get checked over.

Saturday: Probably going to use my cat as an excuse to not be at nick's niece's bday party.

“reign in blood”

United States

#83987 Apr 12, 2013
PEllen wrote:
<quoted text>
See a doctor.
If not a doctor, an urgent care center.
Puking blood and sore kidneys are not good.
Eh, I'm feeling slightly better. Had some blood work last week, waiting to see what that says. I had a bladder infection last week too so it could be the residuals of that or a side effect from the medication. But what do I know, I'm no doctor. I'll rest and relax over the weekend and if I'm not better come Monday, I'll go to the doctors then, okay? Could be the flu, but I've never had the flu before. I also never had a bladder infection before, so maybe I'm just getting old.

“reign in blood”

United States

#83988 Apr 12, 2013
Stina wrote:
Feel better dog!!!
Iam just getting over being sick, too.
I am going to a concert this weekend - great seats, too! So excited!!!
Wear ear plugs, trust me!

“...,to wit”

Location hidden

#83989 Apr 12, 2013
edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
Eh, I'm feeling slightly better. Had some blood work last week, waiting to see what that says. I had a bladder infection last week too so it could be the residuals of that or a side effect from the medication. But what do I know, I'm no doctor. I'll rest and relax over the weekend and if I'm not better come Monday, I'll go to the doctors then, okay? Could be the flu, but I've never had the flu before. I also never had a bladder infection before, so maybe I'm just getting old.
Drink cranberry juice, lots of it. Good for Vitamin C and good for bladder infections
/s/ Dr. Pelly

seriously, Dog, take care of yourself and be careful not to fall into a machine or something at work

“What's it to ya?”

Location hidden

#83990 Apr 12, 2013
On Vietnam...yeah it was all about "containment" (Truman Doctrine and all that.

They were afraid that if VN fell, there would be a domino effect and so all of Indochina (Laos, Cambodia) would all fall to communism as well.

The Russians were being aggressive and our (government) concern was Europe but we couldn't let the recently "commie" Chinese take over in Asia (they had about a 1000 year history with taking over VN) because then it would spread to other (read: all) parts of the world like S. America (ahem...it DID) and then we (the US) would be the only non-communist place on Earth.

At least that's 1040s-60s government thinking. Cold War...proxy war with the USSR. Meh.

Not like we really learned anything from it. Except maybe the military learned to not have so much press around when they are doing "war crime" type things. Easier to keep a lid on that kind of stuff if reporters/photographers are kept contained.<shrug>

“What's it to ya?”

Location hidden

#83991 Apr 12, 2013
edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
Happy Friday!
You should go to ER or something today. Don't wait. If it's flu, it's EXTREME, but it sounds like something more. Especially with kidney pain; that's not a run of the mill kind of thing. Just freaking go and don't wait til Monday.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Two Armed Robberies in 7 Days in Oak Forest 1 hr OF Mom 24
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 hr shinningelectr0n 1,207,932
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 3 hr truth-facts 52,422
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 4 hr red and right 185,974
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 4 hr Cold Front 69,321
Local Politics Do you approve of Daniel Lipinski as Representa... (Sep '12) 4 hr Fane 2
Jailbird Jesse Jackson Jr 5 hr Run Jesse Run 5
Chicago Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]