Tacoma, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2013

RedheadwGlasses wrote:
Just got a call from the vet! He said the surgery was tough but successful. Lower bowels was where the tumor was, he was able to get the intesting hooked back up, and he said that because it was lower in the GI tract, recovery and healing should be better. He thinks she could go home tomorrow.
I am so tired of crying.
OMG so GOOD news then? I am so glad it wasn't as bad as you thought. Still bad, but now maybe she will be able to spend the summer looking at birds?

“Licensed to Ill”

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2013

RedheadwGlasses wrote:
Just got a call from the vet! He said the surgery was tough but successful. Lower bowels was where the tumor was, he was able to get the intesting hooked back up, and he said that because it was lower in the GI tract, recovery and healing should be better. He thinks she could go home tomorrow.
I am so tired of crying.
I actually thought it might go well and figured the vet was just covering his a$s. Glad to hear things turned out well.

“The two baby belly, please!”

Since: Sep 09

Evanston IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2013

RedheadwGlasses wrote:
Should we have some bets on this total vet bill, including the visits to get her rechecked? I'm going to guess $1500. I told NIck I'm going to be charging him $100 for sex.
And charge extra for the bj's.

Glad to hear that Mia's prognosis is good.

“FD&S is no way to be.”

Since: Feb 13

Huntingdon, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2013

RedheadwGlasses wrote:
Should we have some bets on this total vet bill, including the visits to get her rechecked? I'm going to guess $1500. I told NIck I'm going to be charging him $100 for sex.
So you'll get it paid off in a couple of days?

“...,to wit”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2013

RedheadwGlasses wrote:
Vet just called. MIa is open on the operating table right now (he was on speaker phone). Tumor isn't on her kidney, it's in/on her intestines and maybe her spleen. He said it'll be dicey as to whether he'll be able to remove the tumor, save her spleen, and reconnect the portions of the intestine that he has to cut in order to get the tumor. He added that it could be a long, difficult recovery.
I gave him permission to go for it.(What else am I supposed to do?)
This isn't looking good.
Me. I gave you the heart. We have seen you through way too many pet loses here. Hope she comes through. Give her a pet rub from us.

“Fort Kickass”

Bloomington, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2013

Hoping for the best for Mia, Red.

“Fort Kickass”

Bloomington, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2013

RACE wrote:
NO, but I have heard tales. The daughter of a friend lives there. Apparently squirrels are legitimate dinner food.
<quoted text>
I've never had it, but they are fat and plentiful.

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2013

his daughter tried to get him to try some
Matilda77 wrote:
<quoted text>
I've never had it, but they are fat and plentiful.

“...,to wit”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2013

RACE wrote:
<quoted text>
Eating squirrel brains, apparently a delicacy in southern Ohio/West Va/Kentucky area has been linked to human mad cow diseas, bovine spongiform something or other.

I know a number of weird things

“It made sense at the time....”

Since: May 09

Schaumburg, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2013

I think Alton Brown did a bit on squirrel somethign or otehr on one of his "feasting on..." series.

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2013

visited Mia. remember last year, she ripped out the stitches on the nose that held her feeding tube in place (b/c she kept ripping it out, they sewed it to her). this time, they sewed the feeding tube to her head IN THREE PLACES. Heh. You go, Mia!

“...,to wit”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2013

RedheadwGlasses wrote:
visited Mia. remember last year, she ripped out the stitches on the nose that held her feeding tube in place (b/c she kept ripping it out, they sewed it to her). this time, they sewed the feeding tube to her head IN THREE PLACES. Heh. You go, Mia!
She made it through surgery. Good.See, Topix prayers work. Have they told you what to expect? Will she go back to being a normal cat?

Toj

“Equality”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2013

RedheadwGlasses wrote:
Vet just called. MIa is open on the operating table right now (he was on speaker phone). Tumor isn't on her kidney, it's in/on her intestines and maybe her spleen. He said it'll be dicey as to whether he'll be able to remove the tumor, save her spleen, and reconnect the portions of the intestine that he has to cut in order to get the tumor. He added that it could be a long, difficult recovery.
I gave him permission to go for it.(What else am I supposed to do?)
This isn't looking good.
Oh, Red! Hope everything goes well with Mia.

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2013

Judged:

Red, You/re very lucky to have mia. She teaches you how to love selflessly, and you teach her how to believe in things she cant comprehend.'

“What's it to ya?”

Since: Mar 09

Tacoma, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2013

RACE wrote:
<quoted text>
I ate squirrel once. I was about four. My great-grandmother's sister-in-law/third cousin (that would be my (for real) Appalachian hillbilly Aunt Vonnie) made it. It didn't faze me at the time, and as I recall it didn't taste gross or anything, but there's no way I would even consider it now. Yuk.

“Derecho”

Braidwood, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 10, 2013

“Derecho”

Braidwood, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 10, 2013

So, you Chicagoans elected another democrat to replace Jesse Jackson Jr. You people just can't learn, can you?

“...,to wit”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 10, 2013

edogxxx wrote:
So, you Chicagoans elected another democrat to replace Jesse Jackson Jr. You people just can't learn, can you?
Yeah well, before Mel Reynolds and JesseJr an redistricting, the area had Abner Mikva. Kinda wish that history repeated itelf

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 10, 2013

RACE wrote:
Red, You/re very lucky to have mia. She teaches you how to love selflessly, and you teach her how to believe in things she cant comprehend.'
..Luckier than the Vet?.....sorry.....

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 10, 2013

Good morning!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 82,661 - 82,680 of97,411
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

35 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 7 min TheIndependentMajority 1,071,186
Four Dead in Bridgeview Head-On Collision 10 min Rahm Jizzbucket Emanuel 65
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 28 min former res 68,102
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 28 min Patriot AKA Bozo 45,435
Black boys are more likely to be tried as adult... 38 min bensley reality 1
Washington reeks of the stench of evil 47 min Paul Craig Roberts 1
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr Rogue Scholar 05 173,500
•••
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••