“bELieve”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#83830 Apr 10, 2013
RACE wrote:
Red, You/re very lucky to have mia. She teaches you how to love selflessly, and you teach her how to believe in things she cant comprehend.'
Is your kiddo still visiting? How's it going?

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#83831 Apr 10, 2013
edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
This has GOT to be the most cheeziest thing you've ever posted. Are you SURE you're not gay??
LMAO!

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me!

#83832 Apr 10, 2013
Yup, here till sat. Going to beach today.
Jess in NJ wrote:
<quoted text>

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me!

#83833 Apr 10, 2013
Oh, and its going great!
Jess in NJ wrote:
<quoted text>

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#83834 Apr 10, 2013
Just sent an email to the whole office to let them know that I"m out tomorrow, and that my coworker is out on Friday for another bail bond hearing, so plan your deadlines/needs accordingly.(No, she doesn't have a bail bond hearing. But I can't wait for her to read that.)

Location hidden

#83835 Apr 10, 2013
Jess in NJ wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm glad that things are sounding positive.
1.5 hour drive for a 3 year old's bday party? That's crazy. I MIGHT make that drive for a wedding, but that's about it for a one day event.
Heh. He figures, his sister makes the drive (with her husband and kids) for the boys' birthday parties two weeks after she's been her for Christmas, and she comes for Thanksgiving and ohter family birthdays, so he wants to go there for the niece's birthday.

He has only one aunt and two cousins, so family birthdays are an entire family affair.

“bELieve”

Location hidden

#83836 Apr 10, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>
Heh. He figures, his sister makes the drive (with her husband and kids) for the boys' birthday parties two weeks after she's been her for Christmas, and she comes for Thanksgiving and ohter family birthdays, so he wants to go there for the niece's birthday.
He has only one aunt and two cousins, so family birthdays are an entire family affair.
I wouldn't even do it for Christmas, but I'm kinda bitchy that way.

Toj

“Where is Everyone?”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#83837 Apr 10, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't think 1.5 hours is that great of distance. Then again, living in the Chicago area and having family spread across the region, it's a normal thing for me.

“Not a real reg”

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#83838 Apr 10, 2013
edogxxx wrote:
So, you Chicagoans elected another democrat to replace Jesse Jackson Jr. You people just can't learn, can you?
Exactly who are the "you people" you are addressing this to? As far as I can tell I'm the only one who lives in this district and how the he!! do you know who I voted for? And if you are saying this in general to the district populace then you're blowing gas in the wind, as usual. You must have failed civics class which explains districts.

“I Am Mine”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#83839 Apr 10, 2013
Jess in NJ wrote:
<quoted text>
I live 4 hours away from my parents and go down for xmas every year. But we are there at least for one overnight. My uncle lives near me. He will drive down on Christmas day and drive back up the same day.

“I Am Mine”

Location hidden

#83840 Apr 10, 2013
Holy [word for poop since even the non-curse c word is getting censored]!
http://www.grindtv.com/outdoor/nature/post/hu...

Location hidden

#83841 Apr 10, 2013
Jess in NJ wrote:
<quoted text>
Honestly, his sister is a really good sport about it. THey stay in town where they live to spend Easter with his family (which makes sense mostly because his family is more religious than sister's family). THey go to two grandparents' homes every Christmas and every thanksgiving, and I just think that's asking a lot of that family, with two little kids. I'd rather we celebrate THanksgiving on Saturday and let NIck's sister relax a little and not have to drive all over the place to appease eveyrbody.
Union Maid

Oakland, CA

#83842 Apr 10, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>
Pretty good! Talked to the vet this morning, they hadn't checked her out yet, but he did say she was complaining and being feisty, which is a good sign. They do have her on pain meds and anti-nausea meds. Too soon to know whether she's coming home today or tomorrow, until they check her temp (she was having trouble warming back up to 101 after surgery) and other stuff.
I'm taking THursday off so I can be home with her all day, at any rate. Probably skipping poker Friday night. Cancelled babysitting THursday night. Probably won't go to nick's niece's bday party (age 3!) on Saturday 1.5 hours away....
I'd rather have peace of mind and keep an eye on her.
Rose was noticeably needier last night (from the daytime boredom, I think).
Glad to hear Mia is doing well. It's difficult to make these decisions some times- sounds as though you made a good one. I am sure Rose will help take care of Mia too.

Location hidden

#83843 Apr 10, 2013
Mister Tonka wrote:
Huge! Cool! Wow!

Also: I never see the point in catch-and-release. I"m either fishing to catch fish to eat, or I'm not fishing at all.

“reign in blood”

Since: May 09

United States

#83844 Apr 10, 2013
dahgts wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactly who are the "you people" you are addressing this to? As far as I can tell I'm the only one who lives in this district and how the he!! do you know who I voted for? And if you are saying this in general to the district populace then you're blowing gas in the wind, as usual. You must have failed civics class which explains districts.
YOU, daghats, I'm specifically talking about YOU!

Seriously, of all the problems Chicago has, and the party that's been in charge for thirty years, Chicago voters STILL elect the same ol, same ol, then can't figure out why things don't seem to get any better. You're like kids who burn their hand on the stove, THEN KEEP TOUCHING THE STOVE!

“reign in blood”

Since: May 09

United States

#83845 Apr 10, 2013
Mister Tonka wrote:
This just in! Fisherman catches a fish!

“Incorrupta fides, nudaque veri”

Since: May 07

Vincit qui se vincit

#83846 Apr 10, 2013
Online Virtual World of Maps from all over the World and trust me, there's a TON of info here, you could spend weeks looking through high quality maps from all over dating back to the 1800's.

Search from the upper right corner

Old City maps
Railroad maps
Historical maps
Battle maps
Even Mars!

http://www.lib.utexas.edu/maps/

http://www.cprr.org/

http://www.up.com/aboutup/history/photos/rail...

“...,to wit”

Location hidden

#83847 Apr 10, 2013
Union Maid wrote:
<quoted text>
Glad to hear Mia is doing well. It's difficult to make these decisions some times- sounds as though you made a good one. I am sure Rose will help take care of Mia too.
Wow.
Hey lady. How are you doing?

“...,to wit”

Location hidden

#83848 Apr 10, 2013
edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
YOU, daghats, I'm specifically talking about YOU!
Seriously, of all the problems Chicago has, and the party that's been in charge for thirty years, Chicago voters STILL elect the same ol, same ol, then can't figure out why things don't seem to get any better. You're like kids who burn their hand on the stove, THEN KEEP TOUCHING THE STOVE!
30 years?
Daley I was elected in '54 so its close to 60 years.

“I Am Mine”

Location hidden

#83849 Apr 10, 2013
edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
This just in! Fisherman catches a fish!
SHEEET! That ain't no fish. And what's scary is that he caught that from the beach.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 33 min TRD 68,797
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 34 min zzz 1,144,202
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 2 hr wojar 180,942
Julieanne Zenz 2 hr Julieanne Zenz VR... 1
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 2 hr DonPanic 48,590
Are you sick of Topix polls or do you vote? 3 hr joey 4
EverGreen Belgrade 3 hr servonazis 17
Chicago Dating
Find my Match

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 3:04 pm PST

Bleacher Report 3:04PM
Full Report Card Grades for Chicago vs. Detroit
Bleacher Report 3:13 PM
Inability to Make in-Game Adjustments Growing Old
Bleacher Report 4:00 PM
Breaking Down What Colt McCoy Brings to the Washington Offense in Place of RGIII
NBC Sports 4:45 PM
NFL on Thanksgiving: Bears season falls into irrelevancy
NBC Sports 4:50 PM
NFL on Thanksgiving: Megatron reaches 10,000 yards