“Fort Kickass”

Since: Sep 09

Bloomington, IL

#83809 Apr 9, 2013
RACE wrote:
NO, but I have heard tales. The daughter of a friend lives there. Apparently squirrels are legitimate dinner food.
<quoted text>
I've never had it, but they are fat and plentiful.

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me! Charlie

#83810 Apr 9, 2013
his daughter tried to get him to try some
Matilda77 wrote:
<quoted text>
I've never had it, but they are fat and plentiful.

“...,to wit”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#83811 Apr 9, 2013
RACE wrote:
<quoted text>
Eating squirrel brains, apparently a delicacy in southern Ohio/West Va/Kentucky area has been linked to human mad cow diseas, bovine spongiform something or other.

I know a number of weird things

“It made sense at the time....”

Since: May 09

Schaumburg, IL

#83812 Apr 9, 2013
I think Alton Brown did a bit on squirrel somethign or otehr on one of his "feasting on..." series.

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#83813 Apr 9, 2013
visited Mia. remember last year, she ripped out the stitches on the nose that held her feeding tube in place (b/c she kept ripping it out, they sewed it to her). this time, they sewed the feeding tube to her head IN THREE PLACES. Heh. You go, Mia!

“...,to wit”

Location hidden

#83814 Apr 9, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
visited Mia. remember last year, she ripped out the stitches on the nose that held her feeding tube in place (b/c she kept ripping it out, they sewed it to her). this time, they sewed the feeding tube to her head IN THREE PLACES. Heh. You go, Mia!
She made it through surgery. Good.See, Topix prayers work. Have they told you what to expect? Will she go back to being a normal cat?

Toj

“Where is Everyone?”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#83815 Apr 9, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
Vet just called. MIa is open on the operating table right now (he was on speaker phone). Tumor isn't on her kidney, it's in/on her intestines and maybe her spleen. He said it'll be dicey as to whether he'll be able to remove the tumor, save her spleen, and reconnect the portions of the intestine that he has to cut in order to get the tumor. He added that it could be a long, difficult recovery.
I gave him permission to go for it.(What else am I supposed to do?)
This isn't looking good.
Oh, Red! Hope everything goes well with Mia.

#83816 Apr 9, 2013
Red, You/re very lucky to have mia. She teaches you how to love selflessly, and you teach her how to believe in things she cant comprehend.'

“What's it to ya?”

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#83817 Apr 9, 2013
RACE wrote:
<quoted text>
I ate squirrel once. I was about four. My great-grandmother's sister-in-law/third cousin (that would be my (for real) Appalachian hillbilly Aunt Vonnie) made it. It didn't faze me at the time, and as I recall it didn't taste gross or anything, but there's no way I would even consider it now. Yuk.

“reign in blood”

Wilmington, IL

#83819 Apr 10, 2013

“reign in blood”

Wilmington, IL

#83820 Apr 10, 2013
So, you Chicagoans elected another democrat to replace Jesse Jackson Jr. You people just can't learn, can you?

“...,to wit”

Location hidden

#83821 Apr 10, 2013
edogxxx wrote:
So, you Chicagoans elected another democrat to replace Jesse Jackson Jr. You people just can't learn, can you?
Yeah well, before Mel Reynolds and JesseJr an redistricting, the area had Abner Mikva. Kinda wish that history repeated itelf

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#83822 Apr 10, 2013
RACE wrote:
Red, You/re very lucky to have mia. She teaches you how to love selflessly, and you teach her how to believe in things she cant comprehend.'
..Luckier than the Vet?.....sorry.....

Location hidden

#83823 Apr 10, 2013
Good morning!

“bELieve”

Location hidden

#83824 Apr 10, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
Good morning!
Morning! How is everything going today?

Location hidden

#83825 Apr 10, 2013
Jess in NJ wrote:
<quoted text>
Morning! How is everything going today?
Pretty good! Talked to the vet this morning, they hadn't checked her out yet, but he did say she was complaining and being feisty, which is a good sign. They do have her on pain meds and anti-nausea meds. Too soon to know whether she's coming home today or tomorrow, until they check her temp (she was having trouble warming back up to 101 after surgery) and other stuff.

I'm taking THursday off so I can be home with her all day, at any rate. Probably skipping poker Friday night. Cancelled babysitting THursday night. Probably won't go to nick's niece's bday party (age 3!) on Saturday 1.5 hours away....

I'd rather have peace of mind and keep an eye on her.

Rose was noticeably needier last night (from the daytime boredom, I think).

“The two baby belly, please!”

Since: Sep 09

Evanston IL

#83826 Apr 10, 2013
edogxxx wrote:
Your attempted insult does not effect me. Not my congressional district.

“reign in blood”

United States

#83827 Apr 10, 2013
RACE wrote:
This has GOT to be the most cheeziest thing you've ever posted. Are you SURE you're not gay??

#83828 Apr 10, 2013
No, I'm not, so quit playing with yourself.
edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>
This has GOT to be the most cheeziest thing you've ever posted. Are you SURE you're not gay??

“bELieve”

Location hidden

#83829 Apr 10, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
<quoted text>
Pretty good! Talked to the vet this morning, they hadn't checked her out yet, but he did say she was complaining and being feisty, which is a good sign. They do have her on pain meds and anti-nausea meds. Too soon to know whether she's coming home today or tomorrow, until they check her temp (she was having trouble warming back up to 101 after surgery) and other stuff.
I'm taking THursday off so I can be home with her all day, at any rate. Probably skipping poker Friday night. Cancelled babysitting THursday night. Probably won't go to nick's niece's bday party (age 3!) on Saturday 1.5 hours away....
I'd rather have peace of mind and keep an eye on her.
Rose was noticeably needier last night (from the daytime boredom, I think).
I'm glad that things are sounding positive.

1.5 hour drive for a 3 year old's bday party? That's crazy. I MIGHT make that drive for a wedding, but that's about it for a one day event.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 4 min Scrutiny 183,734
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 17 min No Warming 50,280
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 1 hr Brian_G 51,360
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 hr mdbuilder 1,172,481
Mom & Daughter arrested 4 stabbing school offic... 3 hr joey 2
Jay Cutler U Suk 3 hr joey 5
one million dollars 6 hr John Randle 1
abby 1-26 10 hr Mister Tonka 28
anybody know Glen Musielak? Glentech? (Mar '13) Sun Irving 74
Chicago Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance