Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2013

I get a bit defensive about this state. It is so diverse. South Jersey is full of farms and sections of NJ are the most expensive places in the country to live. The shore (not what you see on Jersey Shore) was a great place to bring your family and will be again. I love that everyplace is so accessible. I can take my kids camping, to the beach or to the city in under 90 minutes.

“...,to wit”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2013

Mimi- this sounds like a great opportunity. They don't accept poeple they don't think will cut it.

How much of your trepidation is based on the fact that your family is currently on the west coast? You have been the stalwart to a lot of people lately and that will be harder from 3000 miles away. Chris' friends will be in Seattle but they will still be there when you come back.

If you do it, will you drive cross country and will you stop in Chicago on the way, please?

“bELieve”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2013

PEllen wrote:
<quoted text>Aw c'mon Jess. How many other states won't allow people to pump their own gas? ;-)
Oregon :)

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2013

It's a tiny baby pig... sleeping... and he's wearing socks and a sweater!

http://grist.org/list/baby-pig-in-a-sweater-a...

“...,to wit”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2013

How is your kitty doing? Is she home or at the vet?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2013

She's at the vet getting IV fluids, to get her in the best position possible for exploratory surgery tomorrow. vet won't say anything about expectations, just figures he has to open her up and see what's there to deal with.

even if it's inoperable, i want her sewn back up and sent home, even if it's just for a few a few days. And if she has weeks/months, even better.

“What's it to ya?”

Since: Mar 09

Tacoma, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2013

Angela: So sorry to hear about Mia. I'm keeping her (and you) in my thoughts.

Everyone else: Thanks for the encouragement. Still waiting to hear from Harvard (no, for real) but yeah, I know I have to do it. You just don't say "no" to a full ride ivy league doctorate. You just don't.

Jess: I knew I could count on you to be a cheerleader for NJ. I've driven through a few times, plus the airport, but only on my way to elsewhere, so I can't say anything about it overall good or bad.

Pelly: Doubt I will drive. Done that a few times (cross country) and I don't think I'm up for it. If time/circumstances allow, I will do the train. It stops in Chitown to change trains.

If I do that I would likely schedule an overnight in Chicago and just catch the other train the next day. If I do that I want to see all my Windy City friends.

It stops in St. Paul also.::looking at Angela::

Again, it's a year away.

“What's it to ya?”

Since: Mar 09

Tacoma, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2013

p.s. You guys (and a couple of teachers) are the only ones I've told so shhh on FB ok?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2013

Winter storm watch this week. Five inches of snow predicted (mixed with sleet and freezing rain).

yay.

“I Am Mine”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2013

ok,college basketball fans. CBS has the title game tonight. Why are Charles Barkley & Kenny Smith the analysts? Nothing against them, I think they're great, but doesn't CBS have COLLEGE BBall analysts that they use all season long? Seems like a slap in the face to not use the college bball A-team to do the title game. Would be like Jimmy Johnson, Howie Long, & Terry Bradshaw working the BCS Title game. Wrong, wrong, wrong.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2013

Mister Tonka wrote:
ok,college basketball fans. CBS has the title game tonight. Why are Charles Barkley & Kenny Smith the analysts? Nothing against them, I think they're great, but doesn't CBS have COLLEGE BBall analysts that they use all season long? Seems like a slap in the face to not use the college bball A-team to do the title game. Would be like Jimmy Johnson, Howie Long, & Terry Bradshaw working the BCS Title game. Wrong, wrong, wrong.
Great point!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2013

You know, I'd be pretty pissed if I were the college analyst/color announcer and this happened.

“reign in blood”

Since: May 09

Braidwood, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2013

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2013

Mister Tonka wrote:
...Turned out a very watchable game, tho my team lost...lol...Congrats to Louisville and Patino....I agree about the analysts....ESPN's Colin Cowherd also spoke to the greed of the NCAA, by starting the game at 9:30, on a school night....

“Incorrupta fides, nudaque veri”

Since: May 07

Vincit qui se vincit

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2013

PEllen wrote:
<quoted text> Hope that is contagious.
Are you in the Midwest?
Not exactly, I'm in the middle of Texas, near Dallas/Fort Worth.

What part of the US are you in?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2013

Winter storm update: 8-12 inches starting later tonight.

“reign in blood”

Since: May 09

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2013

Judged:

Chicagoland might see some snow on Friday. I'm gonna start doing doughnuts in the parking lot while spraying an aerosol can out the window and using an incandescent light bulb. This global warming needs a boost.

“Fort Kickass”

Since: Sep 09

Bloomington, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2013

Jess in NJ wrote:
I can take my kids camping, to the beach or to the city in under 90 minutes.
Eh, you can do that here if you have a very loose definition of the word "beach" or "city" or "camping".

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2013

Geez, after last year...seem's it was more of a REAL WINTER, this year?

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2013

Judged:

Beach = rock quarry?
City = Walmart?
Camping = Pop up camper at Walmart?

Matilda77 wrote:
<quoted text>
Eh, you can do that here if you have a very loose definition of the word "beach" or "city" or "camping".

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

13 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 37 min SamBee 68,416
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 1 hr j rocker 1,082,426
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 2 hr Brian_G 45,849
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 2 hr Rogue Scholar 05 174,967
Voting Whites NO LONGER hold majority in Ohio. 3 hr WeBlacksOutBirthedWhitey 2
Chicago Train Robbery 3 hr StarNazisDontFOOKWithMe 6
Strategy 3 hr ItTakesBalls2BNo1 7
•••
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••