|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 7, 2013

Judged:

PEllen wrote:
There is nothing in the CN case to suggest the girls were coerced or anything but full participants.
Except for the fact they're THIRTEEN!

Are you advocating for the statutory rape of young kids?
mommy of obammy

Athens, Greece

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 7, 2013

bla bla bla

“reign in blood”

Since: May 09

Braidwood, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2013

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2013

Just doing a drive by post, will read stuff at lunch time. Mia is at the vet's, likely looking at surgery today or tomorrow (her stomach is empty enough, she probably would be safe to operate on today). Poor girl. Likely an obstruction. SHe was good Friday night, but since tghen hasn't kept food down, and has puked up water, but she's hydrated, which is a good sign (unlike many/most cats, mine are good about drinking water).

“What's it to ya?”

Since: Mar 09

Tacoma, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2013

Judged:

Ok, you guys, I need some thoughts.

I am NOT bragging or anything, but I got accepted to a post-grad program at Princeton. I can defer it for a year, which I will need to do, but I don't know if I should accept it or not.

I mean...it's PRINCETON (!!!) but it would mean a cross-country move and several years in NJ which I never really thought about because I never thought they would accept me.

There are no financial issues, just the idea of moving for several years, oh and also what if I can't "cut" it? FWIW I can do post-grad work here too, but it's "Ivy league" so I think that's worth some serious thought.

Toj

“Equality”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2013

Mimi Seattle wrote:
I am NOT bragging or anything, but I got accepted to a post-grad program at Princeton. I can defer it for a year, which I will need to do, but I don't know if I should accept it or not.
I mean...it's PRINCETON (!!!) but it would mean a cross-country move and several years in NJ which I never really thought about because I never thought they would accept me.
There are no financial issues, just the idea of moving for several years, oh and also what if I can't "cut" it? FWIW I can do post-grad work here too, but it's "Ivy league" so I think that's worth some serious thought.
Defer it for a year. You need this to settle in your brain. It's not a permanent move and being in another part of the country, you might really enjoy soaking that up when it comes time. Now you're probably just freaked out.

BTW, Congrats! Awesome!

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2013

Judged:

I think your crazy if you turn it down.
Seattle is just a piece of dirt, it will be then when you want to go back.

Do what I did, make the move and tell yourself you will give it a year. If it dont work out, not much time lost.

Mimi Seattle wrote:

“Licensed to Ill”

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2013

Judged:

Mimi Seattle wrote:

It would be hard for me to leave the North West if I lived there, and NJ would never be a place I would actually want to live in, but I don't think that's an opportunity you turn down. Suck it up for a few years and then write your ticket...
Stina

Saint Petersburg, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2013

Mimi Seattle wrote:
CONGRATS!!! That is so phenomenal! I think you should ABSOLUTELY do it! This is a "once in a lifetime" and can relaly mean a lot for your future! Plus, even though it's NJ, it's a new experience and you'd be close to one of the greatest cities on earth (NY) while still having access to beaches, the country, the mountains, etc.

Plus, it's PRINCETON!!!!!!!!!! Woo hoo!!!

“The two baby belly, please!”

Since: Sep 09

Evanston IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2013

http://news.yahoo.com/gay-rights-groups-await...

The look on Putin's face is cracking me up!
Stina

Saint Petersburg, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2013

RedheadwGlasses wrote:
Just doing a drive by post, will read stuff at lunch time. Mia is at the vet's, likely looking at surgery today or tomorrow (her stomach is empty enough, she probably would be safe to operate on today). Poor girl. Likely an obstruction. SHe was good Friday night, but since tghen hasn't kept food down, and has puked up water, but she's hydrated, which is a good sign (unlike many/most cats, mine are good about drinking water).
I hope sh'e ok!!!

“FD&S is no way to be.”

Since: Feb 13

Huntingdon, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2013

Judged:

Mimi Seattle wrote:
The status quo is always easier. Wondering "What if...?" sucks. If you got accepted, you are capable, so screw the "What if I can't...?" stuff. At worst, you go and try it and you just don't like it. At least you found out. And you had a new experience. And you meet some new people. And who the heck knows what else could happen. And isn't that part of the fun?

“Fort Kickass”

Bloomington, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2013

Do it, Mimi! That's awesome.

“Licensed to Ill”

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2013

Mimi Seattle wrote:
oh and also what if I can't "cut" it?
You also need to make yourself a stranger to such thoughts. Don't ever doubt yourself.

“bELieve”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2013

Mimi Seattle wrote:

Congrats!!!!

Why wouldn't you go for it? The Princeton area is culture-rich, close to Philly if you need some city life, far enough from the city that you never have to deal with it if you don't want to. NJ has great food, four seasons and people who drop everything to help their neighbors when hurricanes hit.

You are a rock star and you can handle anything that comes your way, if you want to.:)

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2013

Mimi, do it even though it means going to Jersey.

;)

Mia has a mass on her kidney. They'll do exploratory surgery tomorrow and go from there.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2013

This is the cat who spent a week in the vet hospital last year, and they had to *sew* her feeding tube to the top of her nose b/c she kept pulling it out... and she ripped THAT out and has a scar on her nose from it.

So while she would never, ever claw or bite anybody for any reason (even when I"m doing something she hates, she will use her paw to try to push me away, but the claws do not come out), she is going to give them a run for their (my) money.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2013

Judged:

So Margaret Thatcher died, but sadder to me, Annette Funicello died.

“Fort Kickass”

Bloomington, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2013

RedheadwGlasses wrote:
So Margaret Thatcher died, but sadder to me, Annette Funicello died.
My 30-year-old co-worker "Who's Annette Funicello?"

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2013

Matilda77 wrote:
<quoted text>
My 30-year-old co-worker "Who's Annette Funicello?"
I wouldn't blame someone 10 years older than that for not knowing her name.

She was pretty sick for years, so I'm glad her pain/suffering are over.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

81 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 min Yeah 1,082,263
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 9 min LRS 174,934
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 20 min OnlyPatchWork 68,049
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 22 min ritedownthemiddle 45,836
Last word + 2 (Mar '12) 1 hr Hatti_Hollerand 473
Amy 7-28 2 hr Sublime1 16
get your prescribed drugs here from our Dr 2 hr Dr beckyhills 1
•••

Beach Hazards Statement for Cook County was issued at July 28 at 2:52PM CDT

•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••