Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#83768 Apr 8, 2013
She's at the vet getting IV fluids, to get her in the best position possible for exploratory surgery tomorrow. vet won't say anything about expectations, just figures he has to open her up and see what's there to deal with.

even if it's inoperable, i want her sewn back up and sent home, even if it's just for a few a few days. And if she has weeks/months, even better.

“What's it to ya?”

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#83769 Apr 8, 2013
Angela: So sorry to hear about Mia. I'm keeping her (and you) in my thoughts.

Everyone else: Thanks for the encouragement. Still waiting to hear from Harvard (no, for real) but yeah, I know I have to do it. You just don't say "no" to a full ride ivy league doctorate. You just don't.

Jess: I knew I could count on you to be a cheerleader for NJ. I've driven through a few times, plus the airport, but only on my way to elsewhere, so I can't say anything about it overall good or bad.

Pelly: Doubt I will drive. Done that a few times (cross country) and I don't think I'm up for it. If time/circumstances allow, I will do the train. It stops in Chitown to change trains.

If I do that I would likely schedule an overnight in Chicago and just catch the other train the next day. If I do that I want to see all my Windy City friends.

It stops in St. Paul also.::looking at Angela::

Again, it's a year away.

“What's it to ya?”

Location hidden

#83770 Apr 8, 2013
p.s. You guys (and a couple of teachers) are the only ones I've told so shhh on FB ok?

Location hidden

#83771 Apr 8, 2013
Winter storm watch this week. Five inches of snow predicted (mixed with sleet and freezing rain).

yay.

“I Am Mine”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#83772 Apr 8, 2013
ok,college basketball fans. CBS has the title game tonight. Why are Charles Barkley & Kenny Smith the analysts? Nothing against them, I think they're great, but doesn't CBS have COLLEGE BBall analysts that they use all season long? Seems like a slap in the face to not use the college bball A-team to do the title game. Would be like Jimmy Johnson, Howie Long, & Terry Bradshaw working the BCS Title game. Wrong, wrong, wrong.

Location hidden

#83773 Apr 8, 2013
Mister Tonka wrote:
ok,college basketball fans. CBS has the title game tonight. Why are Charles Barkley & Kenny Smith the analysts? Nothing against them, I think they're great, but doesn't CBS have COLLEGE BBall analysts that they use all season long? Seems like a slap in the face to not use the college bball A-team to do the title game. Would be like Jimmy Johnson, Howie Long, & Terry Bradshaw working the BCS Title game. Wrong, wrong, wrong.
Great point!

Location hidden

#83774 Apr 8, 2013
You know, I'd be pretty pissed if I were the college analyst/color announcer and this happened.

“reign in blood”

Since: May 09

Wilmington, IL

#83775 Apr 9, 2013

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#83776 Apr 9, 2013
Mister Tonka wrote:
...Turned out a very watchable game, tho my team lost...lol...Congrats to Louisville and Patino....I agree about the analysts....ESPN's Colin Cowherd also spoke to the greed of the NCAA, by starting the game at 9:30, on a school night....

“Incorrupta fides, nudaque veri”

Since: May 07

Vincit qui se vincit

#83777 Apr 9, 2013
PEllen wrote:
<quoted text> Hope that is contagious.
Are you in the Midwest?
Not exactly, I'm in the middle of Texas, near Dallas/Fort Worth.

What part of the US are you in?

Location hidden

#83778 Apr 9, 2013
Winter storm update: 8-12 inches starting later tonight.

“reign in blood”

Since: May 09

United States

#83779 Apr 9, 2013
Chicagoland might see some snow on Friday. I'm gonna start doing doughnuts in the parking lot while spraying an aerosol can out the window and using an incandescent light bulb. This global warming needs a boost.

“Fort Kickass”

Since: Sep 09

Bloomington, IL

#83780 Apr 9, 2013
Jess in NJ wrote:
I can take my kids camping, to the beach or to the city in under 90 minutes.
Eh, you can do that here if you have a very loose definition of the word "beach" or "city" or "camping".

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#83781 Apr 9, 2013
Geez, after last year...seem's it was more of a REAL WINTER, this year?

“A Programmer is not in IT!”

Since: Feb 09

Neda, stay with me!

#83782 Apr 9, 2013
Beach = rock quarry?
City = Walmart?
Camping = Pop up camper at Walmart?

Matilda77 wrote:
<quoted text>
Eh, you can do that here if you have a very loose definition of the word "beach" or "city" or "camping".

Miami, FL

#83783 Apr 9, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
Can you please make sure this doesn't happen next month? Thanks!

“...,to wit”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#83784 Apr 9, 2013
Ricky F wrote:
<quoted text>Not exactly, I'm in the middle of Texas, near Dallas/Fort Worth.
What part of the US are you in?
Chicago- north suburbs

“...,to wit”

Location hidden

#83785 Apr 9, 2013
RedheadwGlasses wrote:
Do you really trust a man who tells you you are going to get 12 inches tonight?

“Fort Kickass”

Since: Sep 09

Bloomington, IL

#83786 Apr 9, 2013
RACE wrote:
Beach = rock quarry?
City = Walmart?
Camping = Pop up camper at Walmart?
<quoted text>
I see you have a fairly accurate picture of Central Illinois. Have you been?

“...,to wit”

Location hidden

#83787 Apr 9, 2013
Matilda77 wrote:
<quoted text>
I see you have a fairly accurate picture of Central Illinois. Have you been?
Rather, ask him if he been boating on "Lake" Peoria. Dodging barges is such a treat.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 7 min Edmond Pulpo 181,904
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 8 min Teaman 1,154,451
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 11 min Rick Moss 71,133
Obama pardons 2 Illinoisans, including former M... 14 min Le Jimbo 22
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 1 hr Grau 68,893
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr Earthling-1 49,250
The Road to Perdition is strewn with the corpses 1 hr Star Thugs Lose 16
Chicago Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 12:17 pm PST