|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 6, 2013

Judged:

edogxxx wrote:
FINALLY! The morning after pill is now available to children! Look for it in the Flintstones vitamin aisle!
"it seems a little weird to support giving what is essentially birth control medication to anyone who walks into a drugstore, when the same people seem to think allowing kids to keep aspirin in their high school locker in case they get a fifth period PMS headache, and selling bottled soft drinks and chocolate chip cookies in the school bookstore, are issues of national concern requiring swift and stringent legislation to prohibit. You canít have a Motrin from the school nurse, kid, and your mom canít pack your lunch, but youíre free to mosey into Walgreens, buy a drug that will force a major organ to subvert its natural programming and empty out the contents of your ladyparts into a public toilet, because thatís what America is all about."
Very interesting. From the same site:

"At any rate, itís unlikely this will stand, and very likely everyone in Washington will do everything in their power to avoid talking about it lest they reinforce any negative stereotypes going into a mid-year election. And given that the delineation between ďminorĒ and ďadultĒ is not as seemingly arbitrary as this judge suggests, the administration will likely be able to uphold their OTC guidelines. But at least this will probably cause you to have nightmares about pregnant twelve-year-olds and allergy jail."

Link: http://nakeddc.com/

“...,to wit”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 6, 2013

“...,to wit”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 6, 2013

PEllen wrote:
http://www.topix.com/forum/chi cago/TTRGKEOC0NVILC0I4#lastPos t
Abby
http://www.topix.com/forum/chicago/TJKPIKCA1I...

amy

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 6, 2013

Judged:

edogxxx wrote:
FINALLY! The morning after pill is now available to children! Look for it in the Flintstones vitamin aisle!
"it seems a little weird to support giving what is essentially birth control medication to anyone who walks into a drugstore, when the same people seem to think allowing kids to keep aspirin in their high school locker in case they get a fifth period PMS headache, and selling bottled soft drinks and chocolate chip cookies in the school bookstore, are issues of national concern requiring swift and stringent legislation to prohibit. You canít have a Motrin from the school nurse, kid, and your mom canít pack your lunch, but youíre free to mosey into Walgreens, buy a drug that will force a major organ to subvert its natural programming and empty out the contents of your ladyparts into a public toilet, because thatís what America is all about."
Personally, i liked it better, when i was allowed to work more overtime and pay more taxes, just so more illegitimate and unwanted children could have government entitlements, paying the way for their upbringing.....often, and including their lengthy and expensive prison terms also, as adults.....yeah, give me those olden days of government support at the taxpayers expense.....now, get back to work.....

“What's it to ya?”

Since: Mar 09

Tacoma, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 6, 2013

So, a new low in the world of lazy gift giving...

A Target gift card, ordered online and delivered via smart phone.

#soashamed

“FD&S is no way to be.”

Since: Feb 13

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 6, 2013

PEllen wrote:
<quoted text>
Asking if someone has a job sounds pugnacious and in your face. Asking if you are working has a differrnt connotation, more inquisitive and less aggressive.
Do you actually think he's capable of appreciating that (or any other) nuance?

“Colorful Beyond Words”

Since: May 11

"True Love Never Ends "

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 6, 2013

RACE wrote:
I think I'm in like with you!
<quoted text>
LOL :)

You and your "kiddo" have lots of fun this week and make long lasting memories .

“Colorful Beyond Words”

"True Love Never Ends "

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 6, 2013

Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text>Personally, i liked it better, when i was allowed to work more overtime and pay more taxes, just so more illegitimate and unwanted children could have government entitlements, paying the way for their upbringing.....often, and including their lengthy and expensive prison terms also, as adults.....yeah, give me those olden days of government support at the taxpayers expense.....now, get back to work.....
Personally I liked it better when kids had some "Home training " on morals and ethics and integrity and character builders, but I dare say those have been pitched out the door . Where are the parents who should teach them the rights and wrongs. Society has left it up to our schools and media and books to teach sex education to our young people. How does the concept for young girls to respect their bodies and for young men to treat girls with decency and not as objects of self pleasure come across in today's society ? Society has thrown out the basics of love and marriage ... And heeded the lust and live-in as acceptable. So .. We pay the price for our own faults one way or another.

“...,to wit”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 6, 2013

Sam I Am GEAM wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you actually think he's capable of appreciating that (or any other) nuance?
yes

“...,to wit”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 6, 2013

Judged:

Hatti_Hollerand wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL :)
You and your "kiddo" have lots of fun this week and make long lasting memories .
I believe she is in her 20's. He seems to have done a decent job at being a long distance single dad .

“...,to wit”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 6, 2013

Hatti_Hollerand wrote:
<quoted text>
Personally I liked it better when kids had some "Home training " on morals and ethics and integrity and character builders, but I dare say those have been pitched out the door . Where are the parents who should teach them the rights and wrongs. Society has left it up to our schools and media and books to teach sex education to our young people. How does the concept for young girls to respect their bodies and for young men to treat girls with decency and not as objects of self pleasure come across in today's society ? Society has thrown out the basics of love and marriage ... And heeded the lust and live-in as acceptable. So .. We pay the price for our own faults one way or another.
Apropos your comments, there is a situation in Connecticut at the moment where a couple of 17-18 year olds had sex with a couple of 13 year old girls. tThe boys are being prosecuted but the kids in town have a massive sounding social network against the girls about why they are also not being prosecuted. I'll see if I can find a link. There is clearly a generational disconnect about teh responsibility for sexual activity in kids under 16

“...,to wit”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 6, 2013

Here is teh link on teh CN situation.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/04/05/nyregion/ge...

“Colorful Beyond Words”

"True Love Never Ends "

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 6, 2013

PEllen wrote:
Here is teh link on teh CN situation.
http://www.nytimes.com/2013/04/05/nyregion/ge...
Another sad , sad realization of where young people act out their sexual aggressions. I followed the Steubenville case and trial that the article mentions. Very similar , but those men posted their deeds through a social media and I believe in the trial it was used against them .

Our teens today seem to have an issue of not caring about what is right and wrong. 18 yrs old know it is wrong to have sex with 13 yrs olds. But .... did the 13 yrs old have a true understanding how ... Teasing and highly sexual suggestions play on the minds of others and their fantasies? Again .. No Home Guideance about how to conduct oneself with the opposite sex.

I have teenagers and we talk after movies and TV programs about how the actions of those actors are not true life. Teenagers and their brains are not totally developed and their rationale is still a work in progress.:)

“...,to wit”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 6, 2013

Hatti_Hollerand wrote:
<quoted text>Another sad , sad realization of where young people act out their sexual aggressions. I followed the Steubenville case and trial that the article mentions. Very similar , but those men posted their deeds through a social media and I believe in the trial it was used against them .
Our teens today seem to have an issue of not caring about what is right and wrong. 18 yrs old know it is wrong to have sex with 13 yrs olds. But .... did the 13 yrs old have a true understanding how ... Teasing and highly sexual suggestions play on the minds of others and their fantasies? Again .. No Home Guideance about how to conduct oneself with the opposite sex.
I have teenagers and we talk after movies and TV programs about how the actions of those actors are not true life. Teenagers and their brains are not totally developed and their rationale is still a work in progress.:)
There is another aspect to look at . The underlying notions of age appropriate sexual behavior and the laws on statutory rape pre-date the hyper-sexualization of young girls and pre-dates the wide dissemination of sexual behavior in the media, as well as the advent of pervasive media like Twitter. The people wh are analyzing and decrying the situation have one perspective. The kids who are tweeting,etc have a different set of social assumptions

The teenagers have one code of conduct that says that all 4 boys and girls should be held responsible. The grownups and the law cast eh girls as immature victims. My daughters are in their early 20's. I find I am more sympathetic to the CN teenagers

“Colorful Beyond Words”

"True Love Never Ends "

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 6, 2013

I have a 12 yr old turning 13 this summer .... Do I think that she fully understands the implications of teasing and flirting with someone 5 yrs older? No .. Even though we have discussed this and sex in general ( assuming she is in the majority of kids her age ) she doesn't have the grasp of the emotions that is going to occur during sex. I know very few who are even close to this level of maturity at that age.

By the same token .. I have an 18 yr old too. By law an adult , who wants to be treated as such.. Wants to make ALL the decisions now for herself. The problem is her rational thinking and critical thinking skills are still in development . BUT.. She knows the right and wrong of such actions , maybe not the total consequences .

Even though I sympathize with the older teenagers .. Their right and wrong is developed .. Just not the thinking through to the consequences. Do I think our laws need changed? Maybe .. Maybe not. I believe that most statutory rape laws have done their job ... The only problem may be in teenager to teenager where "consent" is more the issue.

“...,to wit”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 6, 2013

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/04/07/sports/ncaa...

Oh Jess,if this is accurate, I am so sorry.

It reads like Penn State without the sex component.

“suffers from formicophilia ”

Since: May 09

Braidwood, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 6, 2013

PEllen wrote:
There is clearly a generational disconnect about teh responsibility for sexual activity in kids under 16
Dam straight! When is society gonna start holding young children accountable for their sexual deviance?! Instead we're punishing the poor adults who assault them.

“suffers from formicophilia ”

Since: May 09

Braidwood, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 6, 2013

PEllen wrote:
http://www.nytimes.com/2013/04 /07/sports/ncaabasketball/rutg ers-officials-long-knew-of-coa ch-mike-rices-actions.html?hp
WAAAHHH!

My coach yelled at me and threw a basketball at me!

WAHHHH!

Dam pussification of America....

“bELieve”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 7, 2013

PEllen wrote:
http://www.nytimes.com/2013/04 /07/sports/ncaabasketball/rutg ers-officials-long-knew-of-coa ch-mike-rices-actions.html?hp

The President has been stressing that the coach has been fired "without cause". He is still collecting hundreds of thousands of dollars from his contract because of that term. There was cause to fire him!!!

I have said many times on FB, esp to my friends who are ardent supporters of Tim Pernetti, that an AD with no authority over his department is not effective and should not be in his position. He may say now that he wanted to fire Mike Rice immediately, but his job was to protect the student athletes and he failed.

“bELieve”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 7, 2013

edogxxx wrote:
<quoted text>WAAAHHH!

My coach yelled at me and threw a basketball at me!

WAHHHH!

Dam pussification of America....
Did you watch the video?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 82,561 - 82,580 of96,006
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

68 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 4 min Learn to Read 167,378
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 5 min woodtick57 1,033,570
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 7 min OzRitz 42,926
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 12 min jimtownhounddogsniffing 47,000
Fun Song Combos (Sep '12) 25 min boundary painter 326
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 32 min boundary painter 4,020
Abby 4-16 42 min Mister Tonka 29
•••
•••
Chicago Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
•••